in Articles, Forum by HKim

Pokemon 1


The Pokemon 1: Interactive Adventure follows your exploits as you struggle to survive in the familiar, yet twisted Pokemon world.

Do you have what it takes to discover the hidden mysteries and overcome the horrors that stand in your path? The choice is yours.
 
<<-- First | <-- Previous | Index
 
 

Part 7

 
> Attempt to use your minimal knowledge of computers to try and find a file documenting the last known function preformed by a human on the Pokedex

You’re not exactly well-versed in computers, but it shouldn’t be too hard to check some sort of Pokedex Log History. Probably in the menu or maybe the options panel.

You fiddle around for awhile, ignoring the creeping shadows and strange mounds around you.

Ah yes, here it is, the last Pokedex command. You access the file.
 

Yo Champ-in-the-making. Well, you’ve made it this far! Just wanted to say, good job!

I know you’re scared and you want to go home. I know you’re unsure about what’s ahead and you’re ready to quit and hide. I’m sure that arm will grow back. But cheer up! You’ve made it this far mostly intact. B+ in my book!

Can’t say I expected you to challenge this gym leader. Looks like I lose $5. You have guts, I give you that!

Here’s a hint. Avoid moving within close range if possible. Those attacks are nasty and are likely to leave you missing a few pieces. Try to use the terrain to your advantage and don’t forget to keep thinking creatively! After all, that’s what kept you alive so far!

You’ve come this far and trained so much (not by choice). You’re almost home free!

 
… guess he didn’t make it.
 
 
 
> Have Mudkip used the radar ability described in it’s Ruby Pokedex to watch the perimeter around you in case something tries to ambush you

Better safe than sorry.

“Oscar,” you command, grabbing his attention. “Keep alert and scan the area around us. If there is any movement towards us, let me know.”

“Mudkip!” Oscar yells as he licks your shoe. His eyes gain a hardened look and he suspiciously gazes around. Slowly he rotates his body, his fin hopefully able to detect any approaching enemies.

You feel a little safer.

Your courage increases 1 level!
Your courage is now Tingly.

 
 
 
> Attempt to scan the shadows to see if they are Pokemon using the Pokedex
> Also, be VERY wary of the shadows.


Since you already have the Pokedex out…

You point the device at one of the shadows to your right. It’s 15 feet away.

Nothing happens.

You try again with another shadow.

Nothing happens.
 
 
 
> Look for any suspicious markings on either Piplup Doll. If nothing is on the surface, attempt to open it up with ScrewShardShanker so you can search the inside.

You examine the Piplup Dolls closely. They’re really cute and if you were back home, you’d snuggle them all day, take pictures, and show them to all of your online friends. Penguins are just so cute and Piplup takes that to a whole new level.

Nope, doesn’t seem there’s anything strange about them, other than their alluring cuteness!

What? Take them apart!? That’s almost unforgivable. Especially with the ScrewShardShanker. That thing just isn’t built for precession.

Maybe if you use the end of the shovel. It’s sort of sharp and if you just try to open the seam… yep, that’ll do it. You apologize to Piplup for pulling apart his back and promise to put him back together again later on.

With your fingers you search around. Just stuffing so far. Oh wait, there’s something metal here.

You pull out the metal object to reveal what appears to be an Old Iron Key. To what, you’re not exactly sure.

You receive an Old Iron Key!

Inventory

One (1) Video Camera (1993 model)
Two (2) Packages of Instant Coffee (Folgers)
One (1) Used Pokeball (Oscar’s)
One (1) Pair of Running Shoes – Equipped
One (1) GS Ball
One (1) Pokedex
One (1) ScrewShardShanker
One (1) Primo’s Note
Two (2) Rolls of Scotch Tape
Three (3) Bottles of Glue
One (1) Hammer
Two Hundred (200) .22 Bullets
One (1) Wrench
Five (5) Empty Beakers
One (1) Crowbar
Two (2) Potions
One (1) Super Potion
One (1) Revive
Five (5) Ration Packets
One (1) Guide to Edible Plants
One (1) Mystery Novel
One (1) Fantasy Novel
One (1) Science-Fiction Novel
One (1) Shovel
One (1) Piplup Doll
One (1) Torn Open Piplup Doll
One (1) Old Iron Key
 
 
 
> Get something relatively heavy. Who knows, it could be usefull.
> Go to the right. head towards a shadow.
> If it is not a Pokemon, attack it with the crowbar so you get a first blow at it.


You pull out your crowbar. It’s one of the heaviest items in your possession and you don’t exactly see anything heavier around you. You equip it to your main hand.

Equipment

Main Hand: Crowbar
Feet: Running Shoes

You glance to the right, staring menacingly at the shadow. Then charge forward. You hope you can surprise it.

You raise the crowbar in your hand and as you reach the shadow, bring it straight down, throwing your all into the strike. Dirt flies everywhere.

You glance down, expecting victory.

But the shadow remains, now covering a dent in the dirt made by the crowbar. Its movement does not change.

You’ve lost 1 energy point!
Your energy is now 4/10!

 
 
 
> try to catch a poocheyenna
> Makeshift some some Catching equipment, then do as above…


Hmmm, catching equipment… that won’t be easy.

Creating a Pokeball is out of the question. You have enough metal if you melted down some of the tools in your inventory, but you would need a forge of some sort. Additionally, you’re not entirely sure how a Pokeball works, so there would definitely be some sort of experimenting necessary and possibly the use of items that you’re not thinking about right now.

A cage would also require a forge, or at least enough iron wire or bars to put it together.

A net might work, if you had some rope.

Of course, you always have the GS Ball…
 
 
 
> Head over to the nearest mound and see what’s underneath it, without sticking your hands in. Be careful about it.

There are mounds everywhere, though unlike the shadows they do not move. Probably a good thing.

You shift to your left and approach a mound. It looks just as before, a very rough, short pile of dirt. In this case, it’s perhaps 5 feet in length and maybe 3 feet at its widest point in the center, in a sort-of oval shape.

You can’t really see what’s underneath it since it’s a pile of churned dirt. Recently churned, by the looks of it. Someone or something had removed or replaced the dirt in the last few days.

Interesting.
 
 
 
> OK, so the shadows can’t be attacked… odd. Keep a close eye on them, try to detect a pattern in their movements.
> Again, keep your distance from the Shadows. Just because you can’t attack them doesn’t mean they can’t attack you.


Got it. Your eyes are Masterwork Daggers. And by that, you mean SHARP.

No shadow is going to get the jump on you.

They don’t seem to move all that quickly as far as you can tell. However, you note the shadows closer to you move slower than the ones farther away. Some aren’t moving at all.
 
 
 
> Wait, did that Pokedex just say some kid lost his arm doing this? Remember to switch to Playstation Systems when you get out of this mess and to get some proof of what happened to you for a future lawsuit against Nintendo.

Memory logged. You can practically smell the millions of dollars they’ll pay to settle the case out of court. Should be enough to live off of… and counseling.

Lots and lots of psychological counseling.
 
 
 
> The Pokedex seems to ‘know’ who the Gym Leaders are. Ask it. Nicely.

“Mr. Pokedex,” you begin politely, remembering to use your inside voice. “Could you tell me who the Gym Leaders are?”

You throw in an innocent smile and large googly eyes which no one could ignore.
 

I, uh… *sigh*. There are a total of 27 gym leaders scattered throughout the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Orange Island regions. If you can call them gym leaders. Each has a variety of skills, techniques, and attacks that are quite deadly. Some carry more badges than others. Wait, sorry, there has been a change. There are now 26 gym leaders.

 
 
 
> Wait, this is a Pokemon game! And just like all Pokemon games, there should be a save option, right? Attempt to say “Access Menu”, and if that works, say “Save Game”.

“Access Menu,” you speak aloud, feeling a bit stupid.

“Menu accessed,” replies the Pokedex. “Pokemon, Pokedex, Bag, Ainslee, Save, or Options?”

Wow. It worked.

“Uh, Save Game,” you reply.

“Would you like to save the game?”

“Yes.”

“Saving… Don’t turn off the power,” acknowledges the Pokedex and it starts to hum.

“. . . Error. Pokemon #0000000001 Unknowable. Power lost. Power restored. Power lost. Unknowable. Unknowable. Unknowable.”

The Pokedex glows brightly for an instant, and then suddenly pixelates into millions of tiny black and white squares.

The squares burst into nothing.

You no longer have a Pokedex.

Great.

Inventory

One (1) Video Camera (1993 model)
Two (2) Packages of Instant Coffee (Folgers)
One (1) Used Pokeball (Oscar’s)
One (1) Pair of Running Shoes – Equipped
One (1) GS Ball
One (1) ScrewShardShanker
One (1) Primo’s Note
Two (2) Rolls of Scotch Tape
Three (3) Bottles of Glue
One (1) Hammer
Two Hundred (200) .22 Bullets
One (1) Wrench
Five (5) Empty Beakers
One (1) Crowbar
Two (2) Potions
One (1) Super Potion
One (1) Revive
Five (5) Ration Packets
One (1) Guide to Edible Plants
One (1) Mystery Novel
One (1) Fantasy Novel
One (1) Science-Fiction Novel
One (1) Shovel
One (1) Piplup Doll
One (1) Torn Open Piplup Doll
One (1) Old Iron Key
 
 
 
> It seems that this would be Pallet Town, since you were just now in Oak’s laboratory. Try to find the Player’s and the Rival’s House and search them for anything useful or interesting.
> Go into the houses and look around. Maybe you can finally find another person to talk to. If the houses are empty, look around and see if you can find anything useful to take with you. Also keep your eyes peeled for the lock that they key you just found opens.
> Try to locate a PokeBall other than your GS Ball. If you do find one, check to see if it’s used.


Carefully avoiding the shadows, you cross the road to the house on the opposite side.

“Blue’s House” is written on the side of the mailbox.

Ignoring the mailbox for the moment, you walk up to the wooden door and pause awkwardly before knocking. Better to be polite. After all, it’s just a little weird to randomly be able to walk into people’s houses.

Unfortunately, there is no response and, after a second, you twist the doorknob. As expected, the door is unlocked and you walk inside.

The house is dark, save for the minimal illumination provided by the windows and the open doorway. Your shadow extends across the floor merging into darkness. You manage to make out a stairway at the far end of the house.

To your right appears to be a combined dining room/kitchen area, complete with a fridge, sink and oven. A square table sits a short ways away from the kitchen, each side hosting a wooden chair.

Closer towards you appears to be a couch against the wall, facing a television set. There are three windows. One overlooking the sink, one by the dining table, and the last one above the couch.

You note that there appears to be no moving shadows inside the house, nor are there any moving into or out of the house.

You proceed upstairs, Oscar following closely behind. The stairs lead to a small wooden hallway. There are three doors connecting to this hallway, all open.

The first, opposite the stairway opening, appears to be a restroom. It is bare save for toilet paper and paper towels. A small window is perched high above the toilet. A shower stands opposite the sink.

Further down the hallway are two rooms facing each other, both appearing to be bedrooms.

The first hosts a single bed with various furnishings such as a desk, computer, television, game console, and trash can. The bed sheets are neatly tucked in. A single window by the desk looks outside.

The other room looks exactly the same.

It looks like no one’s home.

You quickly search through the house.

You find:

One (1) Pot
Two (2) Rolls of Toilet Paper
One (1) Roll of Paper Towels
Bedsheets
Two (2) Game Consoles
Fifteen (15) 12-gauge shells

Crossing the street to the other house, you find it be exactly the same except for the fact that the mailbox says “Red’s House” and the items you discover are slightly different.

Two (2) Forks
One (1) Knife
One (1) Gameboy Color
Four (4) Lead Pipes
Towels
One (1) Lantern
 
 
 
> Also, might want to scrap together some armor for your self and your Pokemon just in case, with whatever you find in either of the houses.

Hmmm, you certainly gained a little bit more metal, but not exactly anything to make use off.

After much pondering, you simply take the pot and put it on top of your head. There, a helmet.

Equipment

Main Hand: Crowbar
Head: Pot
Feet: Running Shoes
 
 
 
> Might want to see if the ovens work so you can cook one of those ration packets as well.

Well what do you know, the ovens work! So does the stove top. Looks like you have a heat source.
 
 
 
> While you are in the house you might want to… AHEM… relieve yourself. That way, you can think less about your bladder and more about your situation

Been there. Done that. Bought a postcard.

You test the toilets and sink to make sure they work though. Yep.

Always good to be prepared.
 
 
 
> Use the Shovel to dig up one of the dirt mounds, and check what’s under it.
> See if Oscar knows Dig. He could search through the mounds.


You step outside and walk over to the nearest mound. You and Oscar stare at the dirt.

Well, either you dig or he digs.

“Oscar, use Dig!” you command.

“Mud…kip?” Oscar looks at you with a questioning look on his face.

Guess he doesn’t know.

You sigh and return the crowbar to your backpack, pulling out the shovel. As a two-handed tool, it requires the use of both of your hands.

Equipment

Main/Off-Hands: Shovel
Head: Pot
Feet: Running Shoes

With great force, you thrust the shovel into the dirt, only to discover that it is surprisingly soft. The dirt had recently been moved and poses little resistance to your shoveling prowess.

Which is very limited. You are not that great at shoveling. Unlike shanking.

Thankfully, the fog is relatively cool, making the digging even easier.

In half-an-hour, you dig about two feet down into the dirt. Nothing has changed save the sweat that has formed on your brow. With the back of your hand, you wipe off the sweat and take a break, admiring your work. Oscar, not able to do anything save move aside a few dirt piles here and there, had taken to patrolling around the pit you’re standing in.

Looking around for a second, you notice that the fog seems a little dimmer. Perhaps nightfall is approaching, though it’s hard to tell. Everything looks grey.

Time to get back to work.

You pick up the shovel and shove it back into the dirt.

Immediately a bony hand breaks through the dirt’s surface and wraps its decayed fingers around your ankle. Before you can react, the hand drags your foot downward a few inches.

This isn’t a mound. It’s a grave.

And it’s occupant desires your company.
 
 
> Enter Command
 
<<-- First | <-- Previous | Index
 


Bookmark and Share