PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm Heaven.........More like Rhythm Hell!

scubasteveE
08-24-2009, 04:53 AM
While I was away for the past 2 weeks due to my internet being cut off, I went out and bought Rhythm Heaven for the DS. Now I heard some good things about it, so I was excited to play it. So when I got home, I started it, and I quickly found out that it is INSANELY HARD! I struggled with pretty much every level and the remixes at the end of the level were ridiculous. I personally didn't like it(there way more reasons, but I won't state them right now)

So what did you think of it, if you have played it?

Charbok
08-24-2009, 05:29 AM
I played the demo and loved it. All you do is tap the screen, how hard could it be?

scubasteveE
08-24-2009, 05:41 AM
I played the demo and loved it. All you do is tap the screen, how hard could it be?
Yeah that's what I thought too, but it's more then just that. Timing plays a whole and it's gets nearly impossible I think in the higher levels.

Pokemon_Ron
08-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah that's what I thought too, but it's more then just that. Timing plays a whole and it's gets nearly impossible I think in the higher levels.

yeh you gotta have good timing. i thorougly enjoyed the challenge of the game near the end

Kardas the Great
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh my god, the demo was HELL! Who knew it was possible to suck so much at tapping a screen. :susp:

CandleJack
08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Screw rhythm heaven, go get elite beat agents.

Pokemon_Ron
08-24-2009, 10:24 PM

That was a epic fail. Elite beat agents has no originality, Rhythm heaven on the otherhand does

Neon_Espeon
08-24-2009, 11:57 PM
(^*Facepalm*)

Pretty much on the same boat as Charbok. I've been meaning to get It for awhile now, though. Such a pity this apparently bombed horribly like every other music game that Isn't Guitar Hero/Rock Band. :/

CandleJack
08-25-2009, 12:05 AM
That was a epic fail. Elite beat agents has no originality, Rhythm heaven on the otherhand does

Go ahead and explain this so called originality that rhythm heaven has over Elite Beat Agents then.

scubasteveE
08-25-2009, 03:23 AM
HELLZ YEAH!
No that was an epic fail. The only unoriginal thing about EBA was the songs, but story and game play are totally original.

I actually like some of the the rhythm games, but some of them were totally stupid. Two that stuck out in my mind are this one where you had to harvest radishes and this other where you had to kick a soccer ball. On those two the collaboration in the game was off, I think. (I check my ds' and it was find) I mean it, I was pretty sure I hit it on the mark the game said I didn't.

Kenny_C.002
08-25-2009, 03:52 AM
(^*Facepalm*)

Pretty much on the same boat as Charbok. I've been meaning to get It for awhile now, though. Such a pity this apparently bombed horribly like every other music game that Isn't Guitar Hero/Rock Band. :/
If it's any consolidation for you, it sold like hot cakes in Europe. Beyonce probably has everything to do with that fact. Yes, they had Beyonce shoot a commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QVWwrZyz7o) for Rhythm Heaven. So yeah, it should have done well in the US, but they were too cheap to air the commercial.

In any case, the game is quite excellent, and forces you to have like pinpoint accuracy. That stupid robot thing was ridiculously hard, then the ping pong thing was even harder...I haven't gotten to the second remix yet. >.>

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Actually, the commercial with Beyonce played like 24/7 here. It got super annoying.

scubasteveE
08-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Actually, the commercial with Beyonce played like 24/7 here. It got super annoying.
And she made it look so easy. I mean if Beyonce could play it, then everyone can play it >_>

Neon_Espeon
08-25-2009, 06:18 PM
If it's any consolidation for you, it sold like hot cakes in Europe. Beyonce probably has everything to do with that fact. Yes, they had Beyonce shoot a commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QVWwrZyz7o) for Rhythm Heaven. So yeah, it should have done well in the US, but they were too cheap to air the commercial.

In any case, the game is quite excellent, and forces you to have like pinpoint accuracy. That stupid robot thing was ridiculously hard, then the ping pong thing was even harder...I haven't gotten to the second remix yet. >.>

Really now? I know of the commercial(It was on the Wii's Nintendo Channel, among other videos. I can't remember If those also had celebrities In It, though), but I didn't know about that. That's very nice to hear Indeed. Probably doesn't mean much, but nonetheless.

Sounds nice and challenging. I could use a few DS games that takes me longer than a week or two to beat. I'll see If I can't pick It up when I go hunt down the new Professor Layton game, then. :D

Kenny_C.002
08-27-2009, 01:43 AM

That's interesting though. Guitar Hero used the same tactic with some other celebrity that slipped my mind atm (Heidi Klum was it?) and that thing sold like hot cakes, while the clearly superior product in Rock Band 2 got shafted. :-/