PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.

Ionem
07-18-2005, 06:19 PM
What's so special about recolors? I mean no offense of course to those who do it, but really, there's nothing to a recolor at all. It takes about three seconds max, you just switch colors. Why bother showing it off?

All these recolor threads seem pointless to me. Again, I mean no offense, but really there's nothing to recolors at all. Anybody could do them.

So why? :\

TMTS
07-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Actually, A good recolor is hard to come by in this day and age of MSPaint n00bs.

It also has to do with the fact that not a lot of people can coordinate colors very well.

Dragon Lover
07-19-2005, 09:04 AM
I agree with TMTS....you dont want to look at my recolours and most people used the colours shown in Ms paint instead of customizing them and blind people with the colour...

~DL~

.AzureLight
07-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Actually, A good recolor is hard to come by in this day and age of MSPaint n00bs.

It also has to do with the fact that not a lot of people can coordinate colors very well.

Except for my recolors! :tongue:

Anyways, I agree with Ionem on this.

STFU and stop making stupid threads showing off your crappy recolors!

There, I think that should get our point across! :oops:

Angelic Kitsune
07-21-2005, 05:18 AM
Except for my recolors! :tongue:

Anyways, I agree with Ionem on this.

STFU and stop making stupid threads showing off your crappy recolors!

There, I think that should get our point across! :oops:
Lan,every post of yours I read...my respect for you fades.
TMTS is right,very rarely does someone come along who can produce OK recolors.As long as the recolors look good,there is no point to not showing them off.Not eveyone can pull off a good recolor in three seconds :rolleyes:

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM

Hey. I'm stuck with MS Paint now ever since my PSP started acting up, and I'm not a n00b.....

Actually, I DO agree with you on the whole recolor thing. However, considering the fact that many people may not have the money to buy PSP or Photoshop these days, wer'e pretty lucky that they know how to do it at all. And yes, many people do not know what or how to make sprite towers as well, as to go with your idea of the color-coordination theory. Many people DO use them, they just probably can't do the colors of the shading very well. And that's probably one of the many reasons why many members can't do recolors all that well--because they either mess up or don't use sprite towers. And as you know, that can lead to poor shading. That's only ONE thing theyr'e doing wrong...

Another is blinding colors, which yes, also has to do with sprite towers. Though not as much. I've seen a neon yellow Latios done here before, and I started seeing some fairly strange things....O_o

~FGK