PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a Digimon Season Five?

Pika57
07-18-2005, 11:59 PM
As everyone should know currently no new seasons of digimon a have been made or are currently being made after season four. However while surfing the net today I discovered that there are many people intrested in having another season of digimon. The companies that produce and publish digimon are wondering if fans would be active if a new season was started. Anway the site was linked to a petion that you can sign(well not really sign but you get the point) the link is here (http://www.petitiononline.com/2302268/petition-sign.html?). So if anyone is intrested in Digimon returning you can sign the petion.

Also I made this thread for people to discuss possibilites if such a season ever does become a reality.

I'll start. First they need to make sure not to make it anything like season four. the stroyline was meaningless and the characters were too few and very little was new. The ydo need fresh ideas though. thats wha tI've got to say.

Edit:They definitely need to bring back partner digimon if a new season is made. and maybe make it a litle bit more mature.

Dita_Paiway
07-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I've got a good idea for a new plot!Four digidestined have the four sprits in them!!
1.Ebonuwumon
2.Azulongmon
3.Zhuqiaomon
4.Baihumon
and the evil dude is trying to destroy them so he can capture the spirits corupt them and bring forthe the four evil spirits
1.Milenniumon
2.Apocalymon
3.Amraageddonmon
4.Chaosdramon X
to fuse them together to form Zeed Millenniumon and destroy the world.
I can get pictures for anyone who wants them.You know what I'll put them here!
Here are the good Guys.
http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied3/images/Ebonwumon.jpg Ebonwumon http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied/images/Azulongmon.jpgAzulongmon http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied7/images/Zhuqiaomon.gifZhuqiaomonhttp://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied2/images/Baihumon.jpg Baihumon
There will be an ultimate good spirit like Zeedmillenium mon is the ultimate evil but I will not show you til the end!
Here are the baddies.
http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied5/images/Millenniumon.jpgMillenniumon
http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied/images/Apocalymon.jpgApocalymon
http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied/images/Armageddemon.gifArmageddonmon
http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied7/images/ZeedMillenniumon.jpgZeed Millenniumon
You can find Chaosdramon X http://ca.geocities.com/digi_josied3/images/ChaosdramonX.jpg

Visual
07-19-2005, 12:46 AM
No, because Digimon is DEAD. It should've died years ago.

Dita_Paiway
07-19-2005, 01:06 AM
:finger:

masterryanx
07-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Digimon is not dead it's just less popular than it once was....

Dita_Paiway
07-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Thank you for understanding Visual now If you think that i think you should think less often! :biggrin:

masterryanx
07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Thank you for understanding Visual now If you think that i think you should think less often! :biggrin:

huh?? :neutral:

Dita_Paiway
07-19-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm thanking Visual for understanding the fact that you stated and I'm teling him to think less often.

masterryanx
07-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Oh, I get it now! :happy:

Pika57
07-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Oka yso far my thread has developed...Interstingly. Keep posting and try not to flame(I don't know if anyone has but don't)

masterryanx
07-19-2005, 02:53 AM
My idea for a season 5 would to be to just make digimon chronicle into an anime.... :happy: I don't have any more ideas... :neutral:

Pika57
07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
whats digimon chronicle? I've never heard of it.

Pichu
07-19-2005, 07:51 PM
They definitly should not make a 5th season of that show, it's stupid. Four seasons was enough imo.

masterryanx
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
whats digimon chronicle? I've never heard of it.

It's a digimon manga (comic) from Japan that comes with the Digimon pendelum x toy line, there is also a CG Digimon movie based off it called Digital Monster X-Evolution (if you've played Digimon World 4 you've seen part of the movie the opening is made up of X-evolution scenes) just google digimon chronicle and digital monster x-evolution and you'll find out all you need to know about it.... :happy:

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I've seen season 1: I loved it!
I've seen season 2: I adored it!
I've seen season 3: I loathed it!
I've never seen season 4: Thank God!
I hope season 5 goes back to 1 and 2 like. If not, it can get cancelled if it was up to me.

Pika57
07-19-2005, 09:23 PM
I've seen season 1: I loved it!
I've seen season 2: I adored it!
I've seen season 3: I loathed it!
I've never seen season 4: Thank God!
I hope season 5 goes back to 1 and 2 like. If not, it can get cancelled if it was up to me.

i agree. seasons 1 and 2 were by far the best. I think theres kind of a debate about if season three is good or not. I like season three it was pretty good. But season 4 was so bad that it wasn't even funny. It stunk. the digivolutions LOOK cool but otherwise it stunk really badly.

masterryanx
07-21-2005, 01:36 AM
i agree. seasons 1 and 2 were by far the best. I think theres kind of a debate about if season three is good or not. I like season three it was pretty good. But season 4 was so bad that it wasn't even funny. It stunk. the digivolutions LOOK cool but otherwise it stunk really badly.

the digivolutions in season 4 did look pretty good huh?

Dita_Paiway
07-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Let us go to the creator of Digimon Frontier and slap them with a wet noodle!(Ed,Edd, n' Eddy is the greatest!)So we shall ask them about my idea!I like it!What about you?

We Taste Pies...
07-21-2005, 03:16 AM
I personally don't think so.I'm not a big Digimon fan.Please don't kill me Digimon lovers :oops: .

Pika57
07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Let us go to the creator of Digimon Frontier and slap them with a wet noodle!(Ed,Edd, n' Eddy is the greatest!)So we shall ask them about my idea!I like it!What about you?

no offense but your idea is a combination of season four that will become overly complicated and throwing in the soverign digimon from season 3(though in season two you get to see one and hes way bigger than his season three conterpart.)

Translation. Bad idea. reallly Lousy idea. I'd much prefer they took all the digimon movies(Japan had about 7 digimon movies and we only got the first three bundled together in the digimon movie we have) and took the exciting parts taped them together and then using music from the backstreet boys for sound.

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-26-2005, 05:52 AM
I think making a season 5 would be a waste because after the first season it turned to crap :confused: , Esecially the people being the digimon, thats what killed it i hated that :dazed:

Pika57
07-26-2005, 10:38 AM
I think making a season 5 would be a waste because after the first season it turned to crap :confused: , Esecially the people being the digimon, thats what killed it i hated that :dazed:

you mean fourth. Everyone knows the fourth season was crap. doesn't mean it isn't possible fo it to make a comeback.

masterryanx
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
And you know they already dubbed movie 4 right?? It'll be on TV, 8/5/05 for Toon Disney, and 5/6/05 on ABC Family. I've seen the original so I can't wait to see if the dub is as good or not. I don't know the time they'll be on, you'll have to figure that out on your own, sorry. :oops:

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-27-2005, 05:21 AM
you mean fourth. Everyone knows the fourth season was crap. doesn't mean it isn't possible fo it to make a comeback.
No i mean it really stunk after 4th season im not just pointing out season 4

Pika57
07-27-2005, 10:32 AM

so are you saying all the seasons stink. just checking.

masterryanx
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM

This thread is about making a season 5... there are no seasons after 4 so how could anything after 4 stink??

Pika57
07-27-2005, 09:23 PM
This thread is about making a season 5... there are no seasons after 4 so how could anything after 4 stink??

Yeah a really. season four was the last season(it stunk) If season five had some extra cool stuff but was more like seasons one or two(even three would be a releif from 4) it would be cool.

masterryanx
07-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Anyway back to topic....

Should there be a Digimon season 5? :happy:

Pika57
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Anyway back to topic....

Should there be a Digimon season 5? :happy:

Well duh yeah. Why else would i have STARTED this thread.

masterryanx
07-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I was kinda re-welcoming people anyway... I've got an idea but it's gonna take some time to finish... :oops:

Dog of Hellsing
07-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I could have SWORN that there was already a 5th Digimon season in Japan? :eh: Hmm, maybe it was something for season four and not five. *Shrugs.* I dunno. I like Digimon, and if they do come out with a season five, I'll watch it. And I'll probably become as obsessed with it as I was a few months ago. >> I have the habit of becoming re-obsessed with things after about 2-6 months after losing interest, mostly anime.

Pika57
07-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I could have SWORN that there was already a 5th Digimon season in Japan? :eh: Hmm, maybe it was something for season four and not five. *Shrugs.* I dunno. I like Digimon, and if they do come out with a season five, I'll watch it. And I'll probably become as obsessed with it as I was a few months ago. >> I have the habit of becoming re-obsessed with things after about 2-6 months after losing interest, mostly anime.

i beleive the digimon season in japan your think ing about is a new manga known as digimon chronicles which Masterryanx mentioned earlier. Course the only maga in the US is by Shonen jump(and its boring cause its bascially shows we've all seen the series of with cussing and more violence)

masterryanx
07-29-2005, 03:00 AM
i beleive the digimon season in japan your think ing about is a new manga known as digimon chronicles which Masterryanx mentioned earlier. Course the only maga in the US is by Shonen jump(and its boring cause its bascially shows we've all seen the series of with cussing and more violence)

Actually Shonen Jump is'nt only near the only manga, it's one of the few manga magazines but not even close to the only manga. Shonen Jump is published by Viz which publishes much more than Shonen Jump... And then there's Tokyopop, Dark Horse (some Manga not much though), etc. I could go on and on. And some of the only manga magazines are Shonen Jump, Rajjin Comics and Shojo Beat.... By the way Tokyopop publishes Digimon Manga in the US but have they yet to publish Digimon Chronicles... :neutral:

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-29-2005, 06:18 AM
so are you saying all the seasons stink. just checking.
No im saying all of them AFTER 1 stunk

Pika57
07-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Actually Shonen Jump is'nt only near the only manga, it's one of the few manga magazines but not even close to the only manga. Shonen Jump is published by Viz which publishes much more than Shonen Jump... And then there's Tokyopop, Dark Horse (some Manga not much though), etc. I could go on and on. And some of the only manga magazines are Shonen Jump, Rajjin Comics and Shojo Beat.... By the way Tokyopop publishes Digimon Manga in the US but have they yet to publish Digimon Chronicles... :neutral:

like I don't know over five years ago dark horse Published some digimon comics for season one(might as well have judst glued your eyes to a tv the comics are the same) i got one issue in some weird summer readers thing. In book stores i've seeen some of those condensed manga books for the first season(the original Japanese Manga not the rip off dark horse made). i might buy one. i do hope that Dgimon chronicles comes to America. It would be a releif. The only digimon stuff i have to look forward to currently is watching seasons 1-3 and try to see any episdoes I missed.

masterryanx
07-30-2005, 12:10 AM
This is the site where I read Digimon Chronicles at, you can read the the translated manga scans or download them..... ^_^ http://www.digimonhimitsu.com/main.php?goto=ch-manga :happy:

Dog of Hellsing
08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
And don't forget the Digimon Tamers manga, of which the 3rd volume I still need to read. Never read the others though. I prefer the anime to the manga (3rd season), it seems the story was really rushed to fit all of the season into THREE manga.

masterryanx
08-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Ya, the manga is a tad rushed compared to the anime is'nt it? :neutral: Anyway the only Digimon manga in the US (and i mean real manga) are the manga forms of seasons 1, 2, and, 3...... In Japan there are those Digimon, Mangas, Digimon V-Tamer (which you can also find translated on the site above), and Digimon Chronicle.... There is also a manga called Digimon D-Cyber but I think it's Hong Kong only manga, not sure though (I think you can also find it translated on that site)..... And to tell you the truth I don't think there ever was a manga of Fronteir not sure though.... :happy:

Pika57
08-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Season one: Digidestined:Tai, matt,TK, Kari, Sora, mimi, Izzy, joe Digimon:Agumon, Gabumon, patamon, Gatomon(champion), byomon, Tentomon,gommamon

season two: Season one + Davis, yolei, cody , ken Digimon: Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadillamon, Wormon

season Three: yeah cards, Takoto, henry, Rika , Suzie, Kazu, Kenta, Ryo and two peopel who i can't remeber names too. Digimon:Gulimon, Terriermon, Renamon, Lobmon, guradramon(champion), Marineangemon(mega), Cyberdramon,(ultimate) Impmon(has the two people whos names I forgot.)
Biomerges. Takoto+Gulimon=Galantmon(mode change to crimson mode) Henry+ Terriermon= Megagargomon, Rika+Renamon=Sakuyamon, Ryo+Cyberdramon=Justimon

season four(lousiest season ever):Takuya, Koji, Kouichi,J.P. Zoey,Tommy
Spirits:Fire,light,Darkness,Thunder,Wind,Ice
Morons they hang out with: Bokomon and neemon

thats the correct stuff. season four was real crap.

Ben232
08-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks Pika57. you have jogged my memory. Has season 4 aired in England yet as I've never seen an episode of it. People got bored stiff of it on jetix, so they have never shown it again due to ratings. Plus, Do you mean neemon, the one that farts all the time in the cartoon and in the rumble arena 2 game?

Zenaku
08-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't know why people always say season 4 was crap. Just saying "it's crap" can be considered flaming, as not only are you stating it as fact, but you're also lacking any backing to your opinion, so be careful.

Anyway, Neemon farts? If true, no wonder people think Season 4 is "crap". I watched the entire Season 4 in Japanese and Neemon never farted once. Personally, I like season 4. Unlike others, I judge it as a standalone season, whereas many Digimon fans judge it against previous seasons. Sure, judging Pokemon Season 1 against Season 4 is fine, as they're set in the same universe, but judging Digimon Season 1 against Season 4 is like judging Gundam Wing against Gundam Seed. Different universe. Different characters. Different era. Similar, but completely different.

Regardless of this rant... I'd disagree. Digital Monsters X-Evolution (For which I've watched the sub) was created as a "parting gift" to fans of the Digimon Anime and Movies. It wouldn't be much of a parting gift if they created a season 5, thus it'd be pointless.

Ralts_Rager
10-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Yesssssss. SERIES FIVE.... *drools* I sure hope it's like four n' three. Hehehehe...

Pika57
10-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know why people always say season 4 was crap. Just saying "it's crap" can be considered flaming, as not only are you stating it as fact, but you're also lacking any backing to your opinion, so be careful.

Anyway, Neemon farts? If true, no wonder people think Season 4 is "crap". I watched the entire Season 4 in Japanese and Neemon never farted once. Personally, I like season 4. Unlike others, I judge it as a standalone season, whereas many Digimon fans judge it against previous seasons. Sure, judging Pokemon Season 1 against Season 4 is fine, as they're set in the same universe, but judging Digimon Season 1 against Season 4 is like judging Gundam Wing against Gundam Seed. Different universe. Different characters. Different era. Similar, but completely different.

Regardless of this rant... I'd disagree. Digital Monsters X-Evolution (For which I've watched the sub) was created as a "parting gift" to fans of the Digimon Anime and Movies. It wouldn't be much of a parting gift if they created a season 5, thus it'd be pointless.

A good point made. but what if we chucked the parting gift back and said why not just continue?

And yes I know realize that just saying that season 4 is bad is flaming.

Tamer San
10-10-2005, 07:11 PM
As long as it is redoing season 1 + 2 in better graphics, yeah sure...otherwise...every Digimon season after those SUCKED! Well, not really, for Digimon TCG fans, Digimon Tamer was a pwnzorz...I loved Digimon Tamers too...not as much as season 1 and 2 but I liked it...

Pika57
10-10-2005, 08:05 PM
As long as it is redoing season 1 + 2 in better graphics, yeah sure...otherwise...every Digimon season after those SUCKED! Well, not really, for Digimon TCG fans, Digimon Tamer was a pwnzorz...I loved Digimon Tamers too...not as much as season 1 and 2 but I liked it...

Yeah, I liked Digimon Tamers a lot. It was something fresh and new. It had some nice concepts and managed not to overuse them. I could just see a badly made version of Digimon Tamers

(Daydream like state)

(A Gabumon Bio-emerges)

Digi-modify! Wargreymon's Terra Force Activate!(no clue if this is real)

(Gabumon destroyed)

(end daydream like state)

Sadly one of the main reasons that Season 4 was bad was because of biomerging in Season 3. The Producers probably thought that if biomerging had gone over really well, then an entire season of humans becoming digimon was a great idea.

sadly it wasn't.

season Four had some good Material but not a lot.

Dog of Hellsing
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Season Four was very confusing to me at first, because I started watching it well after the group could Digivolve wiuth the Spirits and all. But even when I managed to catch it from the beginning (Fox played the series like...four or five times XD), it was still too weird seeing people Digivolve. Meh, a fifth season would need to bring a lot to the table to get people re-interested and all. New Digimon and all that jazz.

EspeonSun
10-12-2005, 03:09 AM
I think there is going to be one. But... ya of course.

Pika57
10-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Season Four was very confusing to me at first, because I started watching it well after the group could Digivolve wiuth the Spirits and all. But even when I managed to catch it from the beginning (Fox played the series like...four or five times XD), it was still too weird seeing people Digivolve. Meh, a fifth season would need to bring a lot to the table to get people re-interested and all. New Digimon and all that jazz.

New digimon.... Somethnig cool... like Renamon.... Renamon was pretty awesome.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-18-2005, 07:21 AM
I really liked Seasons 3 and 4 so I wouldn't mind seeing more Digimon. As long as they can come up with an original adventure and cool Digimon then I'll watch. ^^

bigdog
10-20-2005, 12:15 PM
New digimon.... Somethnig cool... like Renamon.... Renamon was pretty awesome.
well I heard about rumors of one for 2006, but in japan, they remade the original 1997 digimon vpet now smaller but if you want new digimon go for the digimon accel for 35.00 at http://www.toysnjoys.com/digimonpendulums.html

url] and another called the pendulum x for sale there at 20.00 .