PDA

View Full Version : Best racing game ever made?

Master of Puppets
09-04-2009, 03:35 PM
What do you guys think the best racing game ever made is?

For me it's Gran Turismo 1 and 2 (can't decide >_>) for the playstation.
They both have bad graphics but for some reason I like those graphics, and the gameplay is awesome too. I just loved using cars from the early 2000s to earlier times, and they had the best cars too.
What about you?

Smuds
09-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Diddy Kong Racing!

:D.
Uhm.. Honestly I wouldn't know because I don't play racing games much. Since I only play
DKR
as a racing game... I guess I would say that :eek:

Master of Puppets
09-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Diddy Kong Racing!

:D.
Uhm.. Honestly I wouldn't know because I don't play racing games much. Since I only play
DKR
as a racing game... I guess I would say that :eek:
._.

I'm talking about games like Gran Turismo, Forza, Need For Speed, Midnight Club, Nascar etc.

Racing games that take a long time to finish.

edit: racing games that use ACTUAL cars, but games like Burnout and Wipeout are fine.

edit again: fine yours is accepted :o

CrazyTrainer
09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Mario karts
Cruise the world
Star wars Racing
Hot Wheels World Race
Just a few that I like.

karmachameleon
09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
The Hot Wheels game for Playstation 1. Or Mario Kart 64. Burnout 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted are good too. I'm not really into realistic racing games like Forza or GT.

Hoshika
09-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Mario Kart.

I win.

Charbok
09-04-2009, 09:50 PM
My favorites are Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing for PS1, Jet Moto for PS1, Wave Rave 64 for N64, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, and Mario Kart DS.

CandleJack
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Burnout 3.

Everyone else's opinion is completely void,

fin.

Vaughn
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree with Hosh.

Mario Kart > me.

The Burmy
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
C'mon people, can't go wrong with Mario Kart.

ReclusiveDemon
09-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Screw real racing games, give me Diddy Kong Racing.

SPPF_Max
09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Screw real racing games, give me Diddy Kong Racing.

I so wanted that game but my mom wouldn't let me get it. Good thing that I'm an adult now so that I can buy whatever I want. But then screw it, because I hadn't had my Nintendo 64 working in ages. I like Mario Kart. It's one of the only racing games I have now. I used to have one on my old computer but then my older computer that used to have no internet back in the past because it didn't have a modem is gone and diseased now. It broke down 3 years ago and I have no other racing games to play besides just the Mario ones whether it's Mario Kart 64, which I can't play at the moment, Mario Kart Super Circuit, which requires me to have it in my Nintendo DS in the slot for Gameboy Advance games, Mario Kart Double Dash, which I also can't play at the moment because the Nintendo Gamecube has been disconnected and it's been nearly a year since no one hooked it up because my sister was roaming around in my room and she unplugged it for some stupid reason, I hate it when someone messes with my stuff, it's annoying, or Mario Kart DS because my Nintendo DS hasn't been charged since we got home from vacation last month and the DS charger broke in the suitcase and now I can't place it in anymore and I would've thought that all this time that I couldn't find it, that it was lost when it was on the couch and then when I had looked at it, I thought that the dog had something to do with. Yeah, I have a dog and I explained it in the Newbie Thread. Before then, I realized that there was an original Mario Kart game for the Snes that I didn't know about and that I had no idea about before. I learned them as I raced in Snes Mario Curcuit 1 for the Shell Cup in the Retro Cup Section of the race courses and in Donut Plains 1 for the Banana Cup also in the Retro Section of the race courses. I would play Mario Kart Snes if I had a snes and if it wasn't so damned old now since it's been like more than 20 years since Mario Kart started. I also play racing games at arcades although they are timed and they have Checkpoints you go through to get extra time and then they make you lap a few times, cross the finish line, and then you're done with extra continues only if you win while you're using up all your coins simultaneously too unless you're the winner every single time. I just race to have fun sometimes while other times I do it to win and those other times, it's for both. Some would be lucky to have a variety of the racing games for any game system whether it's Mario Kart racing, Diddy Kong racing, Donkey Kong Racing (although I made that up) or Ridgeracer or those other games for game systems in which I don't have. If you ever had played a Playstation before, check those racing games out for Playstation 1 or Playstation 2 because I have played those before where the cars go super fast and I do not keep track of games on the Playstation system or X-box because they aren't compatible with the Nintendo Game Systems I have in my rightful home or bedroom and Mother is giving them all to me.

Master of Puppets
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I so wanted that game but my mom wouldn't let me get it. Good thing that I'm an adult now so that I can buy whatever I want. But then screw it, because I hadn't had my Nintendo 64 working in ages. I like Mario Kart. It's one of the only racing games I have now. I used to have one on my old computer but then my older computer that used to have no internet back in the past because it didn't have a modem is gone and diseased now. It broke down 3 years ago and I have no other racing games to play besides just the Mario ones whether it's Mario Kart 64, which I can't play at the moment, Mario Kart Super Circuit, which requires me to have it in my Nintendo DS in the slot for Gameboy Advance games, Mario Kart Double Dash, which I also can't play at the moment because the Nintendo Gamecube has been disconnected and it's been nearly a year since no one hooked it up because my sister was roaming around in my room and she unplugged it for some stupid reason, I hate it when someone messes with my stuff, it's annoying, or Mario Kart DS because my Nintendo DS hasn't been charged since we got home from vacation last month and the DS charger broke in the suitcase and now I can't place it in anymore and I would've thought that all this time that I couldn't find it, that it was lost when it was on the couch and then when I had looked at it, I thought that the dog had something to do with. Yeah, I have a dog and I explained it in the Newbie Thread. Before then, I realized that there was an original Mario Kart game for the Snes that I didn't know about and that I had no idea about before. I learned them as I raced in Snes Mario Curcuit 1 for the Shell Cup in the Retro Cup Section of the race courses and in Donut Plains 1 for the Banana Cup also in the Retro Section of the race courses. I would play Mario Kart Snes if I had a snes and if it wasn't so damned old now since it's been like more than 20 years since Mario Kart started. I also play racing games at arcades although they are timed and they have Checkpoints you go through to get extra time and then they make you lap a few times, cross the finish line, and then you're done with extra continues only if you win while you're using up all your coins simultaneously too unless you're the winner every single time. I just race to have fun sometimes while other times I do it to win and those other times, it's for both. Some would be lucky to have a variety of the racing games for any game system whether it's Mario Kart racing, Diddy Kong racing, Donkey Kong Racing (although I made that up) or Ridgeracer or those other games for game systems in which I don't have. If you ever had played a Playstation before, check those racing games out for Playstation 1 or Playstation 2 because I have played those before where the cars go super fast and I do not keep track of games on the Playstation system or X-box because they aren't compatible with the Nintendo Game Systems I have in my rightful home or bedroom and Mother is giving them all to me.

O_O;

Racing games with real cars still pwn.

edit: And to think I actually read all of that. O.o

Grassy_Aggron
09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Burnout: Revenge (?) for Xbox. I like booms :twisted: Although, the opening scene with the "Lazy Generation" song was gnarly too XD

As for other games...

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Because it's Sonic (although I usually play as Shadow). It only had three CG scenes in the whole story mode, but they were beautiful (one reminding me strongly of The Day After Tomorrow, a favorite movie of mine). The song "Un-gratify" or something is wonderful, and it had a plot that made sense.

Could do with more areas/characters, if you ask me, but it was fun ^^ It certainly beats Mariokart in terms of gear though 0o

Oh, and I somehow managed to kill myself in that game, despite there being walls...0o

SPPF_Max
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
O_O;

Racing games with real cars still pwn.

edit: And to think I actually read all of that. O.o

Well done on your reading achievement if you've read it all. You win the Reading Medal Award for reading my really long post about the racing games that are out there. Trust me, my posts are relatively long if it's about my favorite topic discussion thus I contribute more to it, and there might be more racing games to talk about in the future. Please keep that in mind. :wink:

Bumblebee16
09-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Mario Kart is really good.

-Holland-
09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Burnout 3: Takedown. Seriously, getting to kill the other guys is all anyone's ever wanted in racing games.

George Jefferson
09-08-2009, 09:24 PM
F-Zero.

But Sega Rally still wins my heart.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Kaoru
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Mario Kart is really good.

Agreed with that, bumble.

Dr Robotnik
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
BIG RIGS! *shot*

lolz, just kidding. I'll have to say the best I've played was F-Zero GX/AX. That's the best one I've played, but I'm sure there are plenty more that are just as good and/or better.

CandleJack
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
But Sega Rally still wins my heart.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

I swear Sega Rally and Daytona USA had the best game-overs in existence.

I mean how can you go wrong with a group of people singing G-A-M-E-O-V-E-R

GAMEOVER

GAMEOVERGAMEOVERGAMEOVERGAMEOVER

Spectacular14
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I like need for speed (Carbon) and Forza 2

I don't think I spelled that right but oh well

The Burmy
09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Mario Kart Wii

Yeah.

Bumblebee16
09-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Mario Kart Wii

Yeah.

That one is okay, the DS one is better imo xD

-Holland-
09-09-2009, 04:10 AM
BIG RIGS! *shot*

lolz, just kidding. I'll have to say the best I've played was F-Zero GX/AX. That's the best one I've played, but I'm sure there are plenty more that are just as good and/or better.

Wow, I forgot F-Zero GX. Man, that game was freaking epic once you finally got the hang of handling the racers. For me, I think that ties with Burnout 3.

Bumblebee16
09-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Wow, I forgot F-Zero GX. Man, that game was freaking epic once you finally got the hang of handling the racers. For me, I think that ties with Burnout 3.

I remember this game. I also forgot about it. It was hard to control the cars in the beginning. My most used one in the game was Black Thunder (or something like that, it was black something.)

Spartan MK-6
09-09-2009, 06:12 AM
I've always loved the NFS series. I'd have to say Most Wanted.

Master of Puppets
09-10-2009, 03:45 AM

You are awesome.

But I also like all the other NFS games too. :D

-Holland-
09-10-2009, 04:03 AM

Yeah, Most Wanted was probably the best one. The pursuits were so much fun to do, especially when you began to get more awesome cars.

scubasteveE
09-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Yeah, Most Wanted was probably the best one. The pursuits were so much fun to do, especially when you began to get more awesome cars.
Shift looks really promising. I really need to break down and buy a PS3>_>

My favorite and first racing game is WipeOut. I remember playing the first one for hours end when I was little.

Clutch
09-10-2009, 05:08 AM
My top 5 (not in order):

- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec [PS2]
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 [PS2]
- Burnout 3: Takedown [PS2]
- Nascar Thunder 2004 [PS2]
- Gran Turismo 2 [PS1]

!CeMAn
10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Midnight Club is the stuff. It's the reason my head turns at a really hot car now.
Mario Kart DD was many hours of racing thrills. It can get pretty viscious.