PDA

View Full Version : stu's ruby team to be

snorlax
07-19-2005, 04:09 PM
ive changed my team abit and gave u more to work with.
ive used move sets from the site tht was mentioned earlier in this topic.
dunno what items to put on the pkmn yet.

soooooo...anyway

sceptile (male)
ability= overgrow
leaf blade
thunder punch
hidden power (ice)
focus punch

torkoal (male)
ability(white smoke)
curse
fireblast/overheat
explosion
rock slide/double edge/sludge bomb/ iron tail

tentacruel (female)
ability= clear body
confuse ray
sludge bomb
mirror coat
barrier/ rapid spin/ haze

magneton(supports ninjask)
ability magnet pull(forces electric atks to atk magneton dusnt it?)
thunderbolt
thunderwave
metal sound
hidden power(grass or fire or ice)

ninjask (male)
ability= speed boost
aerial ace
silver wind
swords dance
substitute

golem (male)
ability=sturdy
earthquake
rock slide
counter
explosion

also can u get more thn 1 hidden power?if u can cud u pls say where from?
so this is my team feel free to take a look and any help wud be great
thnks in advance

Bravo Leader
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
You sholuldn't post the same thing twice. Also what do you want us to do with this? We can't really help if you don't give us much to work with. Go to http://www.smogon.com/dex.php?page=list&q=pokemon if you want to find good movesets for your pokemon.

Iceman3k
07-19-2005, 11:03 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68

snorlax
07-20-2005, 04:14 PM
thnks alot, reli. thts just the sort of site ive been looking for. cuz all the info i need to know is on tht site.
agen thnks

We Taste Pies...
07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
No offense but your team stinks.Get pokemon that are good not just cool like Salmence.

Nemesis
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
No offense but your team stinks.Get pokemon that are good, not just cool, like Salmence.

Your lack of commas really confused me at first, because with out them it seems your stating he should get good pokemon, not just cool pokemon like Salamence (I'm guessing you ment to have the commas considering he doesn't have Salamence, and that Salamence is good)... ...also Camperupt makes a decent skarmbliss counter, Lanturn makes an okay special sponge because it resists boltbeam, Zangoose is a decent UU pokemon, Sceptile is a great pokemon, Ninjask is probably the most overated pokemon ever, but it is still decent, and Dusclops is a very good tank. None of these pokemon are bad... ...they may not be as good as something like Salamence or Tyranitar, but they are much better than something like Bedrill or Shuckle.

snorlax
07-20-2005, 09:23 PM
no offense to any1 tht dus this but like in most games there is always the good pokemon like mewtwo, legendarys, or groudon etc.. and every1 always uses them jus cuz they are good, but i like to always use my favs and underestimated pkmn like ninjask as nemesis sed, and make them as gd as they can be and maybe even beat the tougher pkmn like tyranitar etc... i mean it cud happen cudnt it?
jus wanted to say this to say why i am using the pokemon tht every1 may think are rubbish.
btw what duz UU mean?

Bravo Leader
07-20-2005, 09:36 PM
That is great that you use all your favorite pokemon. I hate people who only use the best pokemon because they are good and not their favorites. My favorite pokemon just happen to be very good pokemon but I've been using them since the Ruby/Sapphire came out and I didn't know they were good when I started using them.(My 3 favorites are Salamence, Metagross, and Milotic but I've always used them and will never stop using them cause they are my favorites :happy:

Nemesis
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
no offense to any1 tht dus this but like in most games there is always the good pokemon like mewtwo, legendarys, or groudon etc Salamence and Tyrannitar>most non-uber legendarys actually in terms of usefulness/'goodness', most legendairies aren't really all to great... ...also Mewtwo and Groudon are ubers, and the only time Ubers should be used IMO are for Uber battles, but many newbs use them anyway, which really annoys me... .. and every1 always uses them jus cuz they are goodnot really... , but i like to always use my favs and underestimated pkmn like ninjask I said ninjask is the most overated pokemon of all time, I didn't say its underestimated... as nemesis sed, and make them as gd as they can be and maybe even beat the tougher pkmn like tyranitar etc... i mean it cud happen cudnt it no not really, though if you are a better player than most likely you'd win ?
jus wanted to say this to say why i am using the pokemon tht every1 may think are rubbish. I doubt any of us think they're rubbish...
btw what duz UU mean?

UU means underused (gennerally pokemon that aren't as good, or underestimated, or rendered obsolete by something else, such as Fearow who is rendered obsolete by Dodrio)... ...heres a link to a tier list (note the UBERs are banned from competitive play): http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9640

snorlax
07-22-2005, 08:36 PM
ive changed my team abit agen, i edited my 1st post and gave u more to work with,
any help wud be great
thnks in advance

Bravo Leader
07-23-2005, 02:31 AM
You can buy more hidden powers at Slateport but every pokemon had different hidden powers and you cannot chose them so it is hard to get the one you want. It would be good to include natures and EVs if you EV train. I'm gonna try to help but not gonna change anything except the moves.

Ninjask
Hidden Power Bug/Silver Wind
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

Sceptile
Leaf Blade
Leech Seed
Substitute
Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Fire/ Thunder Punch

Torkal
Fire Blast/Explosion
Curse
Explosion
Rock Slide

Tentacruel
Surf
Ice Beam
Giga Drain
Substitute/Confuse Ray/Sludge Bomb
I like the Special Sweeping set the best. Give it a good special attacking nature.

Magneton
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Hidden Power Ice/ Hidden Power Grass/ Hidden Power Fire
Substitute(you have to give it substitute)

Golem
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Counter
Explosion

Your team really needs a lot of substitutes but I'm not sure you can get them all. Ninjask and Magneton definately need them for them to have their standard sets. Tentacruel and Sceptile don't necessarily need them but would work better if they had them. Someone else can do items, natures and EVs. I hope I helped with the movesets.

...I just noticed, a good ground type or a Metagross with Earthquake or Salamence with Earthquake or even a Dragonite with Earthquake will probably sweep your team. Especially DDmence and Agiligross. I suggest taking out a couple of things so you are less weak to ground. Also a pokemon with decent fire moves will sweep half your team. Just work on your balance of weaknesses and change your team accordingly and I will try to help again.

DragonKing
07-23-2005, 02:09 PM
but many newbs use them [ubers] anyway, which really annoys me...
That's why NetBattle is only useful for tournaments. Since there are way too many newbs on NB, you might want to try RSBot. Then I could battle you ...
Take care.

snorlax
07-23-2005, 03:38 PM
yeh thnks, it has helped me to notice different kinds of move sets u can set up ur pokemon with. also where can u get more substitute TM's?
i like to play defensivley, with tanks or defensive pokemon tht is, which use moves to drain the enemy pokemon down,
e.g i use this in my other team.

ludicolo( nickname is storm) level (93)(female)
ability( rain dish)(gains a bit of hp when raining)
nature(dunno what nature to put on her, cuz i dont know much about natures yet)(but at the moment its got a serious nature)
hasnt been ev trained(i didnt know about EV's until i had my team at high levels and i 4t i might aswell carry on until they are level 100)
STATS
HP=291
attack=161
defense=181
special attack=180
special defense=227
speed=176

MOVE SET
rain dance
toxic
leech seed
surf (jus for an attack, plus the rain dance power up (i think) and the same type power boost)

jus 4t i wud say tht i can beat my mates groudon at level 100 with this move set and when groudon faints i always have bout half hp left.(also i dunno wether it was rare candied a bit, and i know it wasnt EV'ed but neither has luddicolo.
another example:
dusclops (female)
move set
attract
confuse ray
burn/toxic
shadow ball for an atk or maybe focus punch or somet

so u get my point, thts the sort of strategies i like to use, if the pokemon is ev'ed with gd defense etc.. it will be evn easier to get the strategy out,
i like to use speed strategies aswell.
i dont mind one or two sweepers in my team, a physical sweeper and a special sweeper, a few tanks and any other ty6pe of move set pokemon.
i do prefer the sweeper ninjask myself tho, but the baton passing one is ok.
btw whats netbattle?and rs bot (spelling is wrong i think)

well thnks agen.

Bravo Leader
07-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Well Substitute is a Learned Move in Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen so you will have to get it from a friend if you used yours already. If you like defensive pokemon I suggest using Umbreon.

Umbreon @Leftovers
Bold
Taunt
Wish
Baton Pass
Mean Look

Standard Chaosbreon, works nice for defensive teams

And if you really like walls...SkarmBliss would be the way to go.

snorlax
07-23-2005, 09:41 PM
i jus 4t about the two i mentioned and umbreon u sed, they are all different ypes aswell which i s'pose will add a bit of an advantage in a way.
even tho battles are a bit borin using defensive strategies, imo they are even more of a challenge for the opponent player than a some other popular teams.

can u tell me what the skarm bliss thing is pls, ive heard alot about it and its s'posedley reli gd,and i might put it in my team,(i find it hard to make teams etc.. now im actually thinking about goin for the defense team thing.) but i jus dont know what it looks like,(moves sets etc..)
thnks in advance

Bravo Leader
07-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I first thought the SkarmBliss combo was something really complicated but it's just Skarmory and Blissey. They are the two best sponges in the game. Skarmory is the best physical sponge and Blissey is the best special sponge(besides ubers).

snorlax
07-25-2005, 11:05 AM
ohhhhhhh. so skarmory will block physical attacks reli good while blissey blocks special attacks reli good. so when used in one team or maybe even in a two on two battle they do well together.
i'll have to get a chansey from my leaf green to get a blissey.
chansey evolves into blissey through happiness dusnt it?