PDA

View Full Version : First recolor: please rate

Red.Falcon
07-20-2005, 10:34 PM
This is my first recolor. Please rate/criticize it. I need to know what others think of it. Gengar is my fave, along with rayquaza. You can guess why i did gengar instead

Herp
07-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Um... Ryan... the shading is BACKWARDS. I suggest you let me show you HOW to sprite before you start... :susp: but, pretty good for your first shot at it! Next time you come over, ill teech u teh basix! Keep goin at it, and use the dropper tool. I put the banner i made on your signature for you, so dont freak out.

Red.Falcon
07-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Well, this is my second one. (I love green and blue, btw) Once again, rate/criticize it.

Pika57
07-21-2005, 01:59 AM
herp is right. the first ones shading is backwords but its good to see you ddin't just colorr it one shade of blue.

as for your new one well the green hurts my eyes. alot. tone it down

Herp
07-21-2005, 03:24 AM
and Ryan, for those THREE posts... you couldve put them all on ONE thread, so dont post more tthan necessary or be BANNED... :alien: OoOoOoOoOoO...

Ionem
07-21-2005, 04:06 AM
Not much to rate. Just a recolor, not like you actually did much.

But the gengar's colors seem too bright (dark, but still bright). Try dulling them. Same with Regice.

Red.Falcon
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
and Ryan, for those THREE posts... you couldve put them all on ONE thread, so dont post more tthan necessary or be BANNED... :alien: OoOoOoOoOoO... Yeah, those other ones were mistakes. My computer had to get fixed, and i redid my recolors, so i accedentally posted 3. I also spent about half an hour making this one. I tried to make it darker...But one of the save files (PNG) 'results in color memory loss', so that's why they've been so bright. :oops:

Red.Falcon
07-22-2005, 12:05 AM
VERY sorry to double post, but i got a new recolor done, and wanted to post it (couldn't wait for another reply; I'm very impatient). So, give me some tips that could help my future recolors, if you want to. :oops:

Sky Girl
07-22-2005, 12:17 AM
That one looks better than the others. It's a bit darker. If your using paint, look at TMTS's Paint Tutorial. It can be very helpful for people new to spriting.

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
It is very appearent that you are not very familar with the art of spriting. Actually, you are very good compared to some of the other artists I've seen lately.....
And, at least you shade. Many newbies don't shade at all. They just color the whole sprite one color.
Still, read TMTS' Tutorial, it will help you--a lot. I have improved a lot just because of a bunch of tips and pictures rolled into a post. Look at my banners, for example. I learned how to do most of that IN PAINT! And how? With TMTS' tutorial.

~FGK

Dragon Lover
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
You sprites are getting better... and that explains why you had three threads about the same things...

~DL~

TMTS
07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
If recolors are taking you that long, read my tutorial. There's many tips in there that speed up the process to taking a matter of a few minutes.

>>; I'd also learn to coordinate colors a little better. Expand beyond the blinding green and the dark blue. PLEASE. :oops:

But for your first few.... well... I've seen worse. So... fairly good.