PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Songs by Your Favorite Bands

Neo Emolga
09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Sure, you have a band you like and you find that most of their songs are really good, but every now and then, there's a lesser-known song on their CDs that's just terrible. To me, I think this happens just about every time I buy a CD.

So, here are mine:

Once in a Lifetime - DragonForce [Sonic Firestorm]
I like DragonForce for its speed and lyrics, but this song is just... eh. It starts off like a really screechy country song, and most of the lyrics just seem awkward. Not to mention the guitar solos (which are always overly long in DragonForce's songs) are pretty tricky to endure. Easily my least favorite DragonForce song... by far.

Korea - Deftones [White Pony]
My brother doesn't understand why I like Deftones when this is the first song he heard. I can't blame him though, I try to convince him that most Deftones songs are good, but this is a crappy song no one thinks about or remembers. It's just weird... listen to it if you don't believe me. I also think "Pink Cellphone" gets dishonorable mention for just being ignorant, stupid, and disgusting.

Time Stops - Explosions in the Sky [How Strange... Innocence]
I love EitS when I'm in a more gentle and relaxed mood, but I don't know, this song just goes off on a tangent for the entire second half of the song. It starts off fine, just like any typical EitS, but it gets repetitively weird. The last five minutes of the song sound the same, the only difference is it gets louder... and louder... and... louder...

Orthar
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Pretty much everything Metallica released after ...And Justice for All, anything Slayer released after Seasons in the Abyss, ect. I could go on with that pattern.

MaskedJackal
09-30-2009, 05:47 PM
"Embodiment" by Carcass. I love the Heartwork album, but that song is a snooze-fest.

Stardy
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Whisperer by Fightstar.
And I don't even understand why. I just have a huge hate for the song.

-Holland-
10-01-2009, 06:29 AM
"The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails

Not necessarily a bad song, but why hasn't Reznor done anything like "Closer" or "Down In It" lately?

CandleJack
10-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Are you dead yet? - Children of Bodom

no

Orthar
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Are you dead yet? - Children of Bodom

no

Ah yes, everything they've released after Hate Crew Deathroll has been horrible. They got progressively worse as their careers went on.

George Jefferson
10-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

You damn right. It's like they've only been known for that one song. F***.

Only bad song I can think of.

White_Rabbit
10-01-2009, 11:08 PM
[Almost] Anything on M2M by Linkin Park.

and by Breaking Benjamin.

Broderick
10-01-2009, 11:11 PM

.-.

I'd have to say... Songs released by Green Day after 2003 or so, apart from 21 Guns, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and American idiot. I'm acually pretty dissapointed with their new album.

White_Rabbit
10-01-2009, 11:22 PM
.-.

I'd have to say... Songs released by Green Day after 2003 or so, apart from 21 Guns, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and American idiot. I'm acually pretty dissapointed with their new album.

you know that the hardest thing for our favorite bands to do these days is try to conform with what everyone likes.

technically Greenday's music is how its always been, good. but we shift our likes constantly and decided that they aren't any good. i'm using Greenday as an example here.

now some bands do indeed change their sound *couph* Linkin Park *couph* and they cause immediate dissatisfaction in many fans who like their original style. many bands actually do this to try and make money off of the fickle tastes of modern teenagers.

i am one of those fickle teens. but i try to give everything an open ear. mostly.

that is all.

Broderick
10-01-2009, 11:28 PM
you know that the hardest thing for our favorite bands to do these days is try to conform with what everyone likes.

technically Greenday's music is how its always been, good. but we shift our likes constantly and decided that they aren't any good. i'm using Greenday as an example here.

now some bands do indeed change their sound *couph* Linkin Park *couph* and they cause immediate dissatisfaction in many fans who like their original style. many bands actually do this to try and make money off of the fickle tastes of modern teenagers.

i am one of those fickle teens. but i try to give everything an open ear. mostly.

that is all.

I know where you're coming from, but Green Day has changed their sound a bit since the days of Dookie. Stuff like Welcome to Paradise, Walking Contradiction, that kind of sound just doesn't really come out in their new albums anymore. I mean take Wake me up when September Ends, 21 Guns, or Boulevard of Broken dreams for example. They have much more of a sadder sound to them, which isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but not quite the almost Punk/Pop sound they used to have a while ago.

karmachameleon
10-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Almost all of the songs on Stadium Arcadium are bad.

White_Rabbit
10-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I know where you're coming from, but Green Day has changed their sound a bit since the days of Dookie. Stuff like Welcome to Paradise, Walking Contradiction, that kind of sound just doesn't really come out in their new albums anymore. I mean take Wake me up when September Ends, 21 Guns, or Boulevard of Broken dreams for example. They have much more of a sadder sound to them, which isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but not quite the almost Punk/Pop sound they used to have a while ago.

that's cuz most of their newer audiences have moved out of punk and into emo-ish sad sounds.

this explains why bands like MCR came into the world. not that i'm dissing on MCR (i like black parade)

Charbok
10-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Almost all of the songs on Stadium Arcadium are bad.

But, as I've discovered, have some really fun drum parts.

"Valentine's Day" by Linkin Park is, in comparison pretty terrible. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me...

Stinky
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
All the songs on Paramore's latest CD.

'Nuff said.

Game Over
10-02-2009, 03:02 AM

Nirvana is definetly known for more than one song if you ask the right people, which would be mostly everybody, but thats a totally different topic. The song's not bad, IMO, but I know a lot of people consider the song extremly overplayed.
I'm not a big fan of the new Alice In Chains songs, because to me it doesn't sound the same. Metallica after the black album.

321Ben
10-02-2009, 03:07 AM

'Nuff said.

I like that CD :'(

CandleJack
10-02-2009, 03:49 AM
that's cuz most of their newer audiences have moved out of punk and into emo-ish sad sounds.

this explains why bands like MCR came into the world. not that i'm dissing on MCR (i like black parade)

Subcultures change quicker than people changing their underwear, give it 5 years or so and people will find even more ways to glorify our soundwaves for the next generation of hormonal angst-ridden teenagers to swoon at. Bands like brokeNCYDE have already gotten into that swing.

Professor Geoffrey
10-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Third favorite band. Pretty much all of the albums "A Rush of Blood to the Head" and "Parachutes" on Coldplay's part. However, "The Scientist," "Clocks," and "Yellow" are good from those albums. There's another song that's actually two that's ten minutes long, but I don't remember it... I like that one, as well.

Moving up to second favorite; Within Temptation. Most of their album, "Mother Earth." Also, "Destroyed."

Favorite is Evanescence. Haven't found one song that I don't like by them yet. x3

scubasteveE
10-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Break Apart Her Heart by Good Charlotte and pretty much half the songs on Good Morning Revival.

Vaughn
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't by All Time Low.

Pokemon_Ron
10-10-2009, 01:30 AM
The Poison-Bullet for my Valentine

Powerman 6k
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
-sighs- Static-X's newest work, Cult of Static is what ruined my appreciation for the band. I was so thrilled for their new CD, bought it, and... -gag-. Sucked so bad. It just sounds so bland and repetitive.

!CeMAn
10-26-2009, 05:00 AM
"Red Light Green Light" from Limp Bizkit's Results May Vary record.
What. The. ****.

How is a track with Snoop, the worst one on your album??
Grade school lyrics and the most unimaginative chorus in history. Be ashamed of yourselves.

-Holland-
10-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, since I heard it on the radio;

"Jump" by Van Halen

Overuse of the synthesizer, like every single popular song made from 1980 to 1989. "Unchained" is so much better.

Haze
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, since I heard it on the radio;

"Jump" by Van Halen

Overuse of the synthesizer, like every single popular song made from 1980 to 1989. "Unchained" is so much better.

I was about to post that :(

Tombi
10-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Everything Metallica did from 1996 onwards.

-Holland-
10-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Everything Metallica did from 1996 onwards.

Death Magnetic failed.

Tombi
10-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Load, ReLoad and St. Anger failed harder.

Grassy_Aggron
10-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Um, well, he's not a band, but...

Well, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Billy Ray Cyrus. He butchered the song 0o Slow tempo, no beat...

Also, the album, "Just Left, This Feels Right" or something by Bon Jovi.

What the hell, man?! All the songs, from "Livin' on a Prayer" to "It's My Life" were slowed down. They were horrible!

-Holland-
10-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Load, ReLoad and St. Anger failed harder.

A timeline of failure.

Oh, and "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd. Seriously, what the hell...

Shozuka
11-04-2009, 01:16 AM

'Nuff said.

Take that back. >:o

Actually, you're right, minus Brick by Boring Brick and Careful.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
The Pretender - Foo Fighters (Far too overplayed, atleast where I live anyways.)
As others have said, Minutes to Midnight - Linkin Park; I only really like Hands Held High from that album
Blink-182 - Blink-182 this album was just far too serious for my taste..