PDA

View Full Version : please rate my new team

Bravo Leader
07-21-2005, 03:15 AM
This is a new team that I am training in my Emerald version. It is not original what so ever but I think it will do very good.

Ninjask @Leftovers
Jolly
EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Silver Wind

Claydol @Leftovers
Sassy(idk about the nature)
EVs 200 Def, 200 Hp, 55 Attack, 55 Sp Attack(need help with evs on this)
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Blissey @Leftovers
Careful
EVs 252 Def, 252 Hp, 6 Sp Def
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

Skarmory @Leftovers
Impish
EVs 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Attack
Whirlwind
Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant
EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Def
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

Alakazam @Leftovers
Modest
EVs 252 Speed, 252 Sp Attack, 6 Hp
Calm Mind
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Psychic

I think this team can do pretty good cause I have all the basic types covered(sp tank, physical tank, physical sweeper, sp sweeper, rapid spinner). But this is still very unoriginal. I'm still trying to get the hang of the EVs thing so please help with that. Also if you see any moves that I should change please tell me. I don't use legendaries ever so please don't tell me to use them. Just try to help me the best you can. Thanks

Nemesis
07-21-2005, 06:24 AM
This is a new team that I am training in my Emerald version. It is not original what so ever but I think it will do very good.

Ninjask @Leftovers
Jolly
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Silver Wind

I prefer HP: Bug over silver wind since it is very unlikly for you to get the bonus, though if you are lucky then you could try it. Also I prefer max attack adamant jask with 397 speed... ...put the rest in defences even though that wont help at all...

Claydol @Leftovers
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Explosion

I prefer rest over explosion. Relaxed nature. 320 HP, 200 Attack and 315 defence (stat total, not evs). Rest devided in Sp Attk and Sp Def.

Blissey @Leftovers
Careful
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

bold/calm nature. Also set Attack iv to 0, for minimum confusion damage. Also 704 HP is all thats nesesary for max lefties recovery. Put the rest in Sp Def.

Skarmory @Leftovers
Impish
roar
Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest

Its impossible to get both roar and drill peck on the same set. Also it just needs 320 HP and 400 Defence. Put 8 in speed if you want, and the rest in attack.

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

Standard Tauntritar... ...I personally don't like it much since sandstream hurts almost all of my teams... ...not to mention it seems almost imposible to pull off a sweep with it for me (and I have never been swept by one, tough I commonly have a Claydol/random poke with HP: Fighting on my team... ...and I never swept with it because all of my oponents seem to have had Milotic/Swampert/Donphan/Claydol/Suicune/Whatever, and I gave up on it...)... ...though if it works for you, its fine... ...also 198 speed is all thats nesesary so you can outspeed the base 130s after 2 DDs... ...he is a good skarmbliss counter if your oponent keeps them in, and if he switches than thats a free DD...

Alakazam @Leftovers/petaya berry
timid
Calm Mind
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Psychic

I personally prefer Petaya Berry... ...he's my personal favorite special sweeper... ...he has the highest non-uber special attack in the game, and is extreemly fast, there are only 4 non-uber pokemon faster (Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Ninjask, and lol, Electrode), though there are others of the same speed (I think Swellow for example)... watch out for anything faster/same speed (or anything that can take a hit, like Snorlax) because he can't really take a hit, specially not a physical one... ...though its okay to stay in against a special sweeper like Starmie, and CM twice, and by that time your HP would be somewhat low, and your petaya would activate, and you'd OHKO with psychic even though its not very effective (well every time I tried it I had three layers of spikes out so it may survive)...

I think this team can do pretty good cause I have all the basic types covered(sp tank, physical tank, physical sweeper, sp sweeper, rapid spinner, skarmbliss counter, which many of the newer people seem to be missing, and therefore they clause it :rolleyes:.). But this is still very unoriginal. I'm still trying to get the hang of the EVs thing so please help with that. Also if you see any moves that I should change please tell me. I don't use legendaries ever so please don't tell me to use them. Just try to help me the best you can. Thanks

Your team seems decent. BTW who do you BP the speed (and possibly attack) from ninjask to? And I personally dislike a team that contains a ninjask but know Magneton...

Bravo Leader
07-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Well when I am baton passing I like to bp to a counter of the pokemon I am fighting but I was playing someone on netbattle who bp to Claydol and it did very good against me. If he wasn't using so many UU pokemon he would have beat me. Also I would love to give my Claydol Rest over Explosion but I only have one rest and it is going to Skarmory right now so I have to use Explosion until I can get another. Also this is in my Emerald so HP Bug will be very hard to get for Ninjask.

Deoxysfan3
07-21-2005, 12:38 PM

Ninjask @Leftovers
Jolly
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Silver Wind

Claydol @Leftovers
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Blissey @Leftovers
Careful
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

Skarmory @Leftovers
Impish
Whirlwind
Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

Alakazam @Leftovers
Modest
Calm Mind
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Psychic

I think this team can do pretty good cause I have all the basic types covered(sp tank, physical tank, physical sweeper, sp sweeper, rapid spinner). But this is still very unoriginal. I'm still trying to get the hang of the EVs thing so please help with that. Also if you see any moves that I should change please tell me. I don't use legendaries ever so please don't tell me to use them. Just try to help me the best you can. Thanks

I can't give you ev's because I'm new at it but I can help hopefully:
Ninjask@Leftovers
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
Give It Adamant.

Claydol@Leftovers
Earthquake
Light Screen
Rapid Spin
Psychic
Give It Brave or Lonely.

Blissey@Leftovers
Good
Careful or Gentle

Skarmory@Leftovers
Good.
Give it Adamant or Jolly.

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Crunch
Give it Lonely or Mild.

Alakazam@Petaya Berry
Recover
Calm Mind
Ice Punch
Psychic
Give it Hasty.

Hope this helps.

Bravo Leader
07-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Well I like Silver Wind on my Ninjask because it gets STAB but I would rather have hidden power bug for it.

If I give my Claydol Rest it would be standard so it is fine.

My Tyranitar is a physical sweeper so giving it special attacks is useless.

As for Alakazam, I think I'm gonna need fire punch for Metagross even though it will probably take me down in one hit. Also Alakazam can't take many hits so Recover is kind of pointless. It is only good when it is calm minded up.

IT
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Don't start with Ninjask, it's way too easy to counter if you start with it. Save for later in the battle.

The End
07-21-2005, 02:06 PM

Ninjask @Leftovers
Jolly
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Silver Wind

decent enough i suppose

Claydol @Leftovers
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Explosion

good good

Blissey @Leftovers
Careful
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy

meh im not really liking blissey right now, and with your ninjask support put snorlax instead

Skarmory @Leftovers
Impish
Whirlwind
Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest

i like metagross over skarmory, make a mixgross too imo

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt

i personally like boahtar but ddtar is good

Alakazam @Leftovers
Modest
Calm Mind
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Psychic

meh its ok

asdfasdf

Bravo Leader
07-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I have another lineup that I already have trained and stuff with Metagross, Snorlax, Jolteon, Salamence, Milotic, and Gengar so I wanted to try something different.

Deoxysfan3
07-22-2005, 02:46 PM
For Skarmory switch Whirlwind for Roar.That is if you want to keep it.But I like Metagross.For Tyranitar I love my variation of the Boltbeamer set which is
Tyranitar@Leftovers Ev's:?????
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Taunt
Note Works for me but that' just me.
The rest I say is fine.

Bravo Leader
07-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Well I'm not saying the boltbeaming set is bad for Tyranitar but I already have a special sweeper and needed a physical sweeper and I am already using Metagross on another team and wanted to try something different so I'm using Tyranitar. Also I am no using Boah because I'm to lazy to get the right IVs or whatever you need for Boah, it took me long enough to get a good natured one

Regice 2005
07-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Hmmm everyone forgot the magic 220 sp Att on claydol to OHKO Salamence with ice beam... That is unless he already had it.

Deoxysfan3
07-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Nemesis is right.I am a newbie and no I didn't use it in-game.It acually works.When I learn more'[help me]I'll post movesets again.Stop talking about me,Nemesis.Thank you.