PDA

View Full Version : twilight lovers plz come

Kendo
10-07-2009, 10:13 PM
If you like Twilight and have come here, YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN THE BAIT. If not, wait here and hope that someone takes the bait.

Why do you like Twilight, people!?

I admit I myself have not read the books (I can never find them at the school library, anyways), but it's about an author insert and a "veggie vampire" (doesn't that sound so stupid?) named Edward who is flattered when he stalks her.

The only reason I've been able to get out of people is stuff like "It's interesting" or "It's kind of a good love story". GIVE ME A GOOD, SPECIFIC REASON OR FAIL.

Also, why do people who like Twilight TEND to not use grammar, even in fan fiction, on the Internet? Posting like that is fine, I GUESS, but really, publishing something like that? And yes, I have seen a fan fiction like that at least once.

Anyways, yeah.

Also: I hope this goes here, since I don't see a Books or Literature section.

George Jefferson
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
If you like Twilight and have come here, YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN THE BAIT. If not, wait here and hope that someone takes the bait.

Why do you like Twilight, people!?

I admit I myself have not read the books (I can never find them at the school library, anyways), but it's about an author insert and a "veggie vampire" (doesn't that sound so stupid?) named Edward who is flattered when he stalks her.

The only reason I've been able to get out of people is stuff like "It's interesting" or "It's kind of a good love story". GIVE ME A GOOD, SPECIFIC REASON OR FAIL.

Also, why do people who like Twilight TEND to not use grammar, even in fan fiction, on the Internet? Posting like that is fine, I GUESS, but really, publishing something like that? And yes, I have seen a fan fiction like that at least once.

Anyways, yeah.

Also: I hope this goes here, since I don't see a Books or Literature section.

It's crap. It belongs in the crap section.

Tombi
10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I refuse to read it properly (I have skimmed) as the stupid author is all like 'Im bettar than J R R Tolkien and J K Rowling and Steven King ololololol Im so gr8' and the girlyfans are all silly little scene-kid wannabes who change their MySpace names to 'Mrs edward cullen' or '*name* cullen' or 'team Edward!!!!!!' or 'i <3 jacob ;);)' or 'werewolves can bite me any day' AND IT'S OBVIOUS THAT NONE OF THESE TEEN-FAD SHODDILY-WRITTEN BOOKS CAN SURPASS ANYTHING THAT TOLKIEN WROTE because they steal all his words and ideas anyway, yes I'm looking at you Rowling, and the films were crap and the posters are over-used and he was better as Cedric Diggory and he isn't even hot, and I don't know who the hell the girl even is, and if you took a vodka shot everytime Edward Cullen's looks are praised you'd be dead in five minutes, and Bella is all like 'Oh, I'm so plain, I suck, I don't know why people like me' yet she happens to be ravishingly beautiful who has a vegetarian vampire stalking her and a werewolf wanting in her pants for gods sake

XaiakuX
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
the stupid author is all like 'Im bettar than J R R Tolkien and J K Rowling ololololol Im so gr8'

You forgot Steven King.. >.>

lol, Twilight. I watched the movie, and, like Tombi, I skimmed the books. I see nothing that great about it, but to each their own opinions. I love vampire and werewolf movies/books, but Twilight just isn't really as interesting.

I never really get an easy feeling from watching men sparkle.

Gold Rush
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
It's crap. It belongs in the crap section.

I agree with this comment.

Twilight seems stupid, people who have told me about the film have told me the plot and it seems really bad, also I've read a couple of these things on Pe2k just proving my point some more. I don't read many books, and I don't see why some people are crazy for it :|

Vaughn
10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Twilight is so cool. I heart Edward Cullen.
:cool:

Kendo
10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Twilight is so cool. I heart Edward Cullen.
:cool:

If that was sarcastic, uhhhh...okay. So?

If that wasn't, FAIL.

Pokemon_Ron
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I've read the books and if you havnt, i don't think you have any room to say that Twilight is crap.

Powerman 6k
10-10-2009, 01:37 AM
I refuse to read it properly (I have skimmed) as the stupid author is all like 'Im bettar than J R R Tolkien and J K Rowling and Steven King ololololol Im so gr8' and the girlyfans are all silly little scene-kid wannabes who change their MySpace names to 'Mrs edward cullen' or '*name* cullen' or 'team Edward!!!!!!' or 'i <3 jacob ;);)' or 'werewolves can bite me any day' AND IT'S OBVIOUS THAT NONE OF THESE TEEN-FAD SHODDILY-WRITTEN BOOKS CAN SURPASS ANYTHING THAT TOLKIEN WROTE because they steal all his words and ideas anyway, yes I'm looking at you Rowling, and the films were crap and the posters are over-used and he was better as Cedric Diggory and he isn't even hot, and I don't know who the hell the girl even is, and if you took a vodka shot everytime Edward Cullen's looks are praised you'd be dead in five minutes, and Bella is all like 'Oh, I'm so plain, I suck, I don't know why people like me' yet she happens to be ravishingly beautiful who has a vegetarian vampire stalking her and a werewolf wanting in her pants for gods sake

Actually, Stephenie Meyer admitted that she wasn't really thinking when she wrote the story line to Twilight and the other books. She only wanted the profit from it. And she got it. As much as I hate the Twilight "saga" (If you can even consider the books literature), I have to admit that Meyer is pretty bamf. ;D Er, my bad. She admitted to being an amateur writer. I also heard that she didn't like the story. She didn't even think about it. It just came to her in a dream or something. DON'T BELIEVE ME? (http://www.examiner.com/x-1361-Seattle-Books-Examiner~y2009m2d28-Stephenie-Meyer-admits-to-Vogue-that-she-is-an-amateur)

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I actually thought the exact same thing. Figured it sounded stupid and not something I'd want to read, but I hadn't read them either.

One of my friends lent me the book, though, and they definitely weren't as bad as I thought. It's not amazing, and definitely nothing to go crazy over, and the writing is definitely not up to the standards of Harry Potter and the like, but I found the story interesting and overall it was a fun read.

Most of the "anti-Twilight" people just seem to not like it cos of how popular/mainstream it apparently is. xD Especially people who haven't even read it.

Anyway, I noticed pretty much everyone who's said it's crap so far hasn't read it. So I guess don't judge a book by it's cover? Or in this case, it's legion of crazy, obsessed fangirls. :P

I think the movie sucked though.

and he isn't even hot
^Agreed xD

Synester
10-10-2009, 07:57 PM
I've read the books and if you havnt, i don't think you have any room to say that Twilight is crap.Actually, all you have to do is skim through it, especially if you love good Vampire novels.

I actually thought the exact same thing. Figured it sounded stupid and not something I'd want to read, but I hadn't read them either.

One of my friends lent me the book, though, and they definitely weren't as bad as I thought. It's not amazing, and definitely nothing to go crazy over, and the writing is definitely not up to the standards of Harry Potter and the like, but I found the story interesting and overall it was a fun read.

Most of the "anti-Twilight" people just seem to not like it cos of how popular/mainstream it apparently is. xD Especially people who haven't even read it.

Anyway, I noticed pretty much everyone who's said it's crap so far hasn't read it. So I guess don't judge a book by it's cover? Or in this case, it's legion of crazy, obsessed fangirls. :P

I think the movie sucked though.

^Agreed xDWe don't hate it because its popular or mainstream, you're getting us confused with those metal kids *points to Tombi*. We hate it because it takes years of what Vampires are...and throws it into a shredder. They don't burn up when they reach sunlight...they sparkle. Thats enough to stop anyone who actually likes Vampire novels to not want to read it.

ReclusiveDemon
10-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Everything about Twilight makes me physically ill.

We don't hate it because its popular or mainstream, you're getting us confused with those metal kids *points to Tombi*
You're confusing us Metal jerks here on PE2k with Kvlt Kiddiez.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
10-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Is it okay to love Kristen Stewart but despise Twilight?

EmBreon
10-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Indeed, I agree with everything Sarah said. I liked reading the books, but I wouldn't say they are the holy grail of romantic literature.

I think they became so popular because this is pretty much the first appealing "love story" that could be read by all ages. If you notice, 90% of the following are teenage girls, and most chicks dig the knight in shining armor adventure story. So throw in a stalking emo vampire and a fangbanger and you've got yourself a winner.

Powerman 6k
10-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Actually, all you have to do is skim through it, especially if you love good Vampire novels.

We don't hate it because its popular or mainstream, you're getting us confused with those metal kids *points to Tombi*. We hate it because it takes years of what Vampires are...and throws it into a shredder. They don't burn up when they reach sunlight...they sparkle. Thats enough to stop anyone who actually likes Vampire novels to not want to read it.

I think by "sparkle in the sunlight", in the book at least, he meant his skin glowed and didn't make him look human, which is why he couldn't go out in the sunlight. The movie just killed the novel, enough said.

Now, what's really annoying to me is the fact that vampires are being so well appreciated now. Why? Because of Twilight, the movie. I bet you anything.

Another thing, I like how they don't burn up in the sunlight. Makes it original, like in Dance in the Vampire Bund (manga), all she does is put on sun blocking gel to not be obliterated by the sun. Different views on vampires is what makes them interesting creatures.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I thought Twilight was OK. I didn't even expect a backlash, much less one this big... O_O

In any case, I'm pretty neutral towards it.

Charbok
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I really enjoyed reading the books, and I really enjoyed the movie as well. Are they fantastic, deep novels? No. They're light reads with very good character development and a really cheesy plot.

Vaughn
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Is it okay to love Kristen Stewart but despise Twilight?

I think Kristen Stewart's hot. hi5

Stardy
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed the books. It has it's stupid points (Veggie Vampire Who Glows In The Sunlight? ...Really?), but overall I thought they where a good set, worth reading if you like Love Novels or whatever with weird twists.

The movie though... eww. It was awful on so many levels, and left out a lot of the book (I get they have to for time and stuff, but some important stuff was either cut or changed), the acting itself was pretty bad, and I'll leave it at that since I have to go. =|

Kendo
10-14-2009, 12:25 AM
That still leaves one question unanswered...

Why do all of the Twilight fan fictions I have personally seen not been satistfactory? Teenagers are capable of typing with grammar, darnit! At least the ones with what is considered average or higher intelligence...

Powerman 6k
10-14-2009, 12:31 AM
I really enjoyed reading the books, and I really enjoyed the movie as well. Are they fantastic, deep novels? No. They're light reads with very good character development and a really cheesy plot.

My question, directed to the movie mainly, is this. How could "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" and "The Dark Knight" possibly lose to Twilight for "Best Fight Scene"? How was that scene in Twilight even considered a "fight"? Really? The fight between Red and the new king in Golden Army was epic. And Ledger vs. Bale? Really? Teenagers have no sense for "good" these days.

Pokemon_Ron
10-14-2009, 01:44 AM
My question, directed to the movie mainly, is this. How could "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" and "The Dark Knight" possibly lose to Twilight for "Best Fight Scene"? How was that scene in Twilight even considered a "fight"? Really? The fight between Red and the new king in Golden Army was epic. And Ledger vs. Bale? Really? Teenagers have no sense for "good" these days.

I agree. The only reason it was even nominated was because it was a scene in Twilight

Seawolf
10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
How could "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" and "The Dark Knight" possibly lose to Twilight for "Best Fight Scene"?

The power of fangirls is a terrible and scary thing.

sheepskinfuton
11-29-2009, 03:35 AM
I've been meaning to read it so that I can have a reason to insult it, but after reading the leaked first chapter of "Midnight Sun", I really don't see the rush.

For those who haven't heard, it's basically the first book, only from Edward's POV, and the entire chapter is just him obsessing over how to kill Bella because he has the hots for her or something, and then thinking about how many witnesses he'd have to kill, and all this other creepy stuff.

Viva la Gofre
12-02-2009, 02:14 AM
I personally think that twilight epitomises the bastardisation of the movie industry. The later books in the series recieved considerable negative reviews (especially breaking dawn), but movies were made of them anyway. This post I made in another thread sums up why I dislike the series across both mediums:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2992727&postcount=14

aero jigglypuff
12-24-2009, 01:09 AM
well twilight is my second favorite series behind harry potter and really is a great series! if u acutually give it a chance, it's not bad! it has adventure and action and everything that is required to make it a good book. so if u havn't read the twilight saga, then read it! and u will enjoy it!!!!!

Moe2
12-24-2009, 01:49 AM
All I can say is, in New Moon Jacob was the tipical nice guy who tries to be caring and what not, but then gets kicked right in the ballz. That just goes to show you it doesnt matter what you look like, or how nice you may be. GIRLS ARENT WORTH THE TROUBLE THEY PUT US THROUGH.

Team Jacob all the way :D

p.s. (I never saw Twilight and I dont plan to)

CHIMCHAR13
12-24-2009, 06:20 AM
It's a good excuse to go to the movies, I love Icees. :biggrin:

George Jefferson
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
well twilight is my second favorite series behind harry potter and really is a great series! if u acutually give it a chance, it's not bad! it has adventure and action and everything that is required to make it a good book. so if u havn't read the twilight saga, then read it! and u will enjoy it!!!!!

The 1st book was over 400 pages of a wet dream.

All I can say is, in New Moon Jacob was the tipical nice guy who tries to be caring and what not, but then gets kicked right in the ballz. That just goes to show you it doesnt matter what you look like, or how nice you may be. GIRLS ARENT WORTH THE TROUBLE THEY PUT US THROUGH.

Team Jacob all the way :D

p.s. (I never saw Twilight and I dont plan to)

You saw the movie, therefor you don't count as a human being.

It's a good excuse to go to the movies, I love Icees. :biggrin:

Whatever, f@g.

Troll thread turned sh!tty in less than 2 months.