PDA

View Full Version : New Anime this fall (JP)

Jet
10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
interestingly I haven't been active much; only watching K-On (finished) YGO 5Ds, Haruhi S2, and Needless... will continue Princess Lover and Element Hunters eventually (dear lawd I don't know why I watch Element Hunters but I do... the ****ing ending is educational and lol)

however...

October has arrived, and new animé has come... and looks like those 2 can wait... I haven't been this "active" since... Lucky Star XD

descriptions from Animenewsnetwork; except for number 1

1) To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) - (my opinion) Based from episode 1; the show takes place in Academy City; where 80% of the city are students, and the world has people with certain superpowers; which people are classified under different levels, from Level 0; no powers, to Level 5; the most powerful. Show focuses on 4 girls that are in Judgment; a group of kids that protects the city from bad guys <though the title makes 1 of the girls the main protagonist even though there are 4>,
- a level 4 Teleporter that acts refined and well-mannered around others, but if she's with the main char, her yuri and perverted side emerges... safe to say she definitely has the yuri hots over the main char... she also wears very kinky underwear as shown in the 2nd episode;
- the main char, a laid-back Electromaster, one of the 7 level 5s in the city (think Ginji from Getbackers) with a thing for frogs, games and manga;
- a Level 1 ditzy? well-mannered girl with flowers on her head, still unknown powers;
- and a Level 0 that has to yet show some potential as a character (cause' frankly right now I don't understand her role aside from an "I'll do my best even if I have no powers" thing).
So far it has been awesome, and come on... the title has RAILGUN in it... and the SONG has RAILGUN in it... Railgun btw, is somewhat the finishing move of that Electromaster; she flips a coin, charges up... the flicks the coin towards a target with extreme JUSTICE; like a RAILGUN.

2) Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) - Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it's destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally becomes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.

- haven't watched it, but people say it has a nice storyline.

3) Seitokai no Ichizon (Discretion of the Student Council) - The series, which is also called Hekiyō Gakuen Seito-kaigi Jiroku (The Records of the Hekiyō Academy Student Council’s Activities), revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishōjo student council, that may enter the “sacred sanctuary” of the council’s meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano (pictured at right), Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students’ lives and interests.

- Lucky Star with 1 guy and 4 girls? hmm... seems fair. Several puns in the 1st episode (haruhi, lucky star, DB, eroge games, prolly more I didn't catch). No real storyline so it seems (as stated by 1 of the characters). Show kind of breaks the 4th wall indirectly; though they don't talk to "us" personally, they do refer to the viewers' and readers (from the manga) often, which seems interesting.

4) The Sacred Blacksmith - actually no complete details on this one, not even the Manga, haven't watched it either... but people say it's good.

5) Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra (Armed Librarians - The Book of Bantorra) - In a world where dead people turn into books and are stored in the Bantorra Library where anyone who reads a book can learn their past. Bantorra Library is maintained by Armed Librarians who wield psychic powers and their enemy is a religious society known as Sindeki Kyoudan.

- a must watch... no it's nothing like R.O.D. much more serious, much more... "bloody"... well the only bloody thing so far is a guy's whole arm is cut off... that and people committing kamikaze since they have bombs planted inside them...

6) Nyan Koi! (Mewwuv) - Junpei Kōsaka is a second-year high school student who despises cats and has an allergy to them. It just so happens that his high school crush is Kaede Mizuno, a girl who adores cats. One day, while walking home from school, Junpei kicks an empty can and unfortunately beans the local neko-jizō-sama (guardian deity of cats). He finds he can now understand what cats are saying, including his family's own ill-tempered cat, Nyamusasu. However, if he does not grant 100 wishes from cats, he will turn into cat himself.

- its funny... very XD shame if this episode won't last 100 episodes, 1 for each deed XD romantic comedy, I love it. btw... there are twins :3

great... 9 animes to watch...
YGO 5Ds
Needless
Haruhi S2
then those 6...

Princess Lovers and Element Hunters can wait... or I could completely stop Element Hunters; since it's an educational anime after all XD

Powerman 6k
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
An interesting anime that I've just recently watches was Tokko. Very gory, but very good.

Jet
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
it's official, Nyan Koi is awesome XD

ShionRasenka
10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
HOLY CRAP THEY'RE MAKING AN ANIME FOR TEGAMI BACHI!? YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should definitely watch it Jet, it's really good. I'm currently reading the manga in Shonen Jump, and I LOVE it so far. Here's a little more info on it if you care to read it:

Letter Bees are able to use "Heart" to fight against giant man-eaing bugs called Gaichuu with sepcial weapons and a gem called Spirit Amber. The Spirit Amber channels the Letter Bee's "Heart", or spirit, into the weapon (usually a gun, but there are other kinds of weapons I beleive), and manifests it into energy, which destroys the Gaichuu.

When Lag goes to become a Letter Bee himself, he meets a girl whom he names Niche, whom also becomes his Dingo, or partner. They travel to the Letter Bee HQ so Lag can have his interview, and they learn that Gauche has indeed gone missing. He then takes it upon himself to find out why Gauche is missing and where he might be.

I hope with this info you're a little more interested in it, and that you'll check the series out. ^^

scubasteveE
10-11-2009, 02:10 AM
No 11eyes?

I was thinking about watching The Book of Bantorra and since you said sort of bloody I'll watch it or at least check it out.

Lord Fedora
10-11-2009, 02:25 AM
You know Jet, if you like Railgun you might like To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), since Railgun is a spin-off of it. Then again I haven't seen Railgun myself so I don't know if it's the same kind of anime.

Jet
10-11-2009, 11:39 AM
You know Jet, if you like Railgun you might like To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), since Railgun is a spin-off of it. Then again I haven't seen Railgun myself so I don't know if it's the same kind of anime.
I got too much stuff to watch already haha, though tnx

updated Nyankoi, and its english translation...

MEWWUV... an "adorable" version of saying "meow + love" XD

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I want to watch all these. :9 How do I do that?

Jet
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I want to watch all these. :9 How do I do that?
search google on those anime, then add "watch"... and take your pic

Kenny_C.002
10-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Blacksmith feels quite generic atm. Main character's Cecily (yay female knight). Fan service exists in every episode as always (and quite a few breast jokes). We've got main character two in Luke, who's basically the blacksmith except is better at fighting in basically every way. His assistant is the loli of the series. We've just been introduced to the 4th character at the end of ep 2.

Overall, looks generic. >.>

Watch Umineko darn it. D:

Hoshika
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Uh... this one was ignored, but the anime adaptation for GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class started airing in Japan in July or something. I own a copy of the first translated volume of the manga. I suggest that if you like Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh and art jokes, watch this.

Peace Buyer
10-17-2009, 07:56 AM
interestingly I haven't been active much; only watching K-On (finished) YGO 5Ds, Haruhi S2, and Needless... will continue Princess Lover and Element Hunters eventually (dear lawd I don't know why I watch Element Hunters but I do... the ****ing ending is educational and lol)

however...

October has arrived, and new animé has come... and looks like those 2 can wait... I haven't been this "active" since... Lucky Star XD

descriptions from Animenewsnetwork; except for number 1

1) To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) - (my opinion) Based from episode 1; the show takes place in Academy City; where 80% of the city are students, and the world has people with certain superpowers; which people are classified under different levels, from Level 0; no powers, to Level 5; the most powerful. Show focuses on 4 girls that are in Judgment; a group of kids that protects the city from bad guys <though the title makes 1 of the girls the main protagonist even though there are 4>,
- 1 Teleporter, level unknown... that acts refined and well-mannered around others, but if she's with the main char, her yuri and perverted side emerges from her... safe to say she definitely has the yuri hots over the main char... she also wears very kinky underwear as shown in the 2nd episode;
- the main char, a laid-back Electromaster, one of the 7 level 5s in the city (think Ginji from Getbackers) with a thing for frogs, games and manga;
- a Level 1 ditzy? well-mannered girl with flowers on her head, still unknown powers;
- and a Level 0 that has to yet show some potential as a character (cause' frankly right now I don't understand her role aside from an "I'll do my best even if I have no powers" thing).
So far it has been awesome, and come on... the title has RAILGUN in it... and the SONG has RAILGUN in it... Railgun btw, is somewhat the finishing move of that Electromaster; she flips a coin, charges up... the flicks the coin towards a target with extreme JUSTICE; like a RAILGUN.

2) Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) - Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it's destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally becomes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.

- haven't watched it, but people say it has a nice storyline.

3) Seitokai no Ichizon (Discretion of the Student Council) - The series, which is also called Hekiyō Gakuen Seito-kaigi Jiroku (The Records of the Hekiyō Academy Student Council’s Activities), revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishōjo student council, that may enter the “sacred sanctuary” of the council’s meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano (pictured at right), Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students’ lives and interests.

- Lucky Star with 1 guy and 4 girls? hmm... seems fair. Several puns in the 1st episode (haruhi, lucky star, DB, eroge games, prolly more I didn't catch). No real storyline so it seems (as stated by 1 of the characters). Show kind of breaks the 4th wall indirectly; though they don't talk to "us" personally, they do refer to the viewers' and readers (from the manga) often, which seems interesting.

4) The Sacred Blacksmith - actually no complete details on this one, not even the Manga, haven't watched it either... but people say it's good.

5) Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra (Armed Librarians - The Book of Bantorra) - In a world where dead people turn into books and are stored in the Bantorra Library where anyone who reads a book can learn their past. Bantorra Library is maintained by Armed Librarians who wield psychic powers and their enemy is a religious society known as Sindeki Kyoudan.

- a must watch... no it's nothing like R.O.D. much more serious, much more... "bloody"... well the only bloody thing so far is a guy's whole arm is cut off... that and people committing kamikaze since they have bombs planted inside them...

6) Nyan Koi! (Mewwuv) - Junpei Kōsaka is a second-year high school student who despises cats and has an allergy to them. It just so happens that his high school crush is Kaede Mizuno, a girl who adores cats. One day, while walking home from school, Junpei kicks an empty can and unfortunately beans the local neko-jizō-sama (guardian deity of cats). He finds he can now understand what cats are saying, including his family's own ill-tempered cat, Nyamusasu. However, if he does not grant 100 wishes from cats, he will turn into cat himself.

- its funny... very XD shame if this episode won't last 100 episodes, 1 for each deed XD romantic comedy, I love it. btw... there are twins :3

great... 9 animes to watch...
YGO 5Ds
Needless
Haruhi S2
then those 6...

Princess Lovers and Element Hunters can wait... or I could completely stop Element Hunters; since it's an educational anime after all XD

I mighta not read it all but these anime sound particularly intresting, and I kinda need to inhance my anime encyclapidia

Jet
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
alright... screw The Sacred Blacksmith (too lazy to watch it)

I forgot Fairy Tail is going to be shown.. and episode 1 is already out. No I haven't read the manga, and I get the feeling a lot of let downs for those who've read the manga... as with all manga to anime adaptations -_-;

so far so good... repetitive poses... but oh well

Kenny_C.002
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Railgun thoughts:
Teleporter chick's level 4, part of Judgment. It looks ok, but nothing is really interesting yet. There is also a ridiculous amount of fan service mainly from Miss Teleport.

Nyan Koi:
Really? I guess it's for the cats. I'm not sure what to think about this at the moment. The animation quality is pretty good. It's like a cross between harem and cats, basically. lol

Darker than Black 2:
Only watched 1 ep so far, but it looks to be as tense as the first DtB.

Umineko:
Still sits at the top of the anime chain atm. HAPPY HALLOWEEN FOR MARIA (complete with image spoilers!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzilquQlBE)

Fairy Tail:
Will check out. Main character is like Luffy with a vehicular weakness (Natsu). The Zoro of the series strips a lot, and uses ice instead, and constently is at odds with Natsu (Gray). Lucy = Nami (literally, arguably the weakest member of the group, but summons stellar spirits --> some of her later ones kick ass). Erza kicks so much ass, it's not even funny. She's basically the Nico Robin of the series, but does a lot of physical fighting instead of using magical hands.

The rest of the clan exist, but we tend to just follow these 4 characters. Mistgun also kicks a lot of ass.

Jet
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
never bothered to watched the first Darker than Black... not intending to because of the variety now XD

and watch Seitokai :3 3 episodes so far, and at their rate, the number of references they'll pun out will probably exceed Lucky Star XD

scubasteveE
10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I finally got something to say about 11 eyes: It has the feel of Chaos; Head but it makes more sense. There's only three episodes out right now, but it's pretty interesting. Not much action yet, but I think it's going to pick up.

I watched the first episode of Fairy Tail and it was really good, but the resemblance to One Piece and Rave Master makes me a little sick. :x

Umineko is freaking awesome! Though you have to pay close attention to every episode because if you miss something, you'll be so confused.

Megiddo Flame
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Aww... No Digimon Season Six? Well, there's always next time! Plus, Digimon needs a more permanent revival worldwide.

Kenny_C.002
11-05-2009, 02:29 AM
I watched the first episode of Fairy Tail and it was really good, but the resemblance to One Piece and Rave Master makes me a little sick. :x

Umineko is freaking awesome! Though you have to pay close attention to every episode because if you miss something, you'll be so confused.

Fairy Tail is made by the same person who did the other two. The resemblance is exactly the reason why Fairy Tail's being animated.

Umineko is interesting so far. XD