PDA

View Full Version : Crossovers That Would Make Awesome Games

Neo Emolga
10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
While Super Smash Brothers and Kingdom Hearts have shown that the ideas of crossovers can really pay off, what are some other possible crossovers you’d like to see?

Here are some of mine:

Halo/Transformers
Because pairing Optimus Prime with Master Chief in a war against the Decepticons with Halo’s vehicles and weapons would be the stuff of kickassery.

Pokemon/Metal Gear Solid
This might sound crazy, but I’ve always wanted to see a more matured version of Pokemon, and I think the plotlines and themes in Metal Gear Solid would be an excellent catalyst for something like that.

Gears of War/Resident Evil
I admit that the Locust are decent enemies in GoW, but imagining the Cog army go after some of the ridiculous crap you see in Resident Evil would be even better. And let’s face it, tearing up zombies with the Lancer’s chainsaw bayonet would be a hell of a pleasure.

Grand Theft Auto/Star Wars
Do I really have to say more?

Left 4 Dead starring Chuck Norris, Mr T, Duke Nukem, and the Incredible Hulk
I can see you smiling already.

George Jefferson
10-16-2009, 08:06 PM
What Ideas of yours I think suck:

Halo/Transformers
Because pairing Optimus Prime with Master Chief in a war against the Decepticons with Halo’s vehicles and weapons would be the stuff of kickassery.

Pokemon/Metal Gear Solid
This might sound crazy, but I’ve always wanted to see a more matured version of Pokemon, and I think the plotlines and themes in Metal Gear Solid would be an excellent catalyst for something like that.

Gears of War/Resident Evil
I admit that the Locust are decent enemies in GoW, but imagining the Cog army go after some of the ridiculous crap you see in Resident Evil would be even better. And let’s face it, tearing up zombies with the Lancer’s chainsaw bayonet would be a hell of a pleasure.

Grand Theft Auto/Star Wars
Do I really have to say more?

WWE vs TNA, while horrible, is better than your L4D concept.

Neo Emolga
10-16-2009, 08:25 PM
What Ideas of yours I think suck:

WWE vs TNA, while horrible, is better than your L4D concept.

You have actually played these games, right? And the L4D concept would just be for shiz and giggles, you know that. Considering what I've seen people do with Garry's Mod, I'm sure people would get a kick out of that.

But I can honestly say, you strike me as being a person that probably hates both SMB and KH with an incredible passion.

Kenny_C.002
10-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Crossovers?

Disgaea vs. and like any RPG really
Yes, because Disgaea rules, and powerleveling is for champs. Level 9999 ftw!

Super Smash Bros vs. Capcom
You know you want it: Smash Bros with Megaman.

DJ Max and Rock Band
Because Rock Band isn't hard enough. Cue in the Koreans with insane beats and incredibly high difficulty.

Monster Hunter Freedom and Pokemon
Gotta Hunt 'em All. Pokemon Hunter Freedom.

Trauma Center and Resident Evil
Rescue zombies by fixing their problems on the spot on the mansion. Careful, they bite. XD

Hoshika
10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Zelda and Mario.

THINK ABOUT IT. ... actually no

miragebaby_x
10-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Pokemon and the Simpsons. Family Guy would scare Pokemon .__.

Poltergeist
10-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Marvel vs. DC would be epic.

Oh, and a Sony fighting game involving it's biggest franchises would be amazing.

Jet
10-17-2009, 02:03 AM
World of Warcraft x Magic: the Gathering - because it just is

---

League of Legends x Heroes of Newerth - 2 DotA rip-offs face it off, wynaut

---

Pokemon x Megaman -

http://images.plurk.com/3248046_2936b2f5818fcbf7a1f49d2090d8aeb9.jpg

---

Nippon Ichi vs other RPGs - because Nippon Ichi > others

---

Fate x Tsukihime - there's probably already one; if there is I haven't seen it yet. yeah... kinda stereotypical but its for nerds

---

Yugioh x Mario Kart - ITS CARDS WITH MOTORC...

oh wait... (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/yugioh5dswheeliebreakers/index.html)

nvm... it somewhat failed

the show is great, this game just... meh...

---

Touhou x Einhander/Gundam - because Touhou is begging for mechanization

---

btw

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

it'll be a while though... 700+ characters and they're still tinkering on those 4 -_-;

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
10-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Pokemon/Metal Gear Solid

What, Pokemon is a children's game.

I think Chuck Norris would just sweep the game... :X

There's Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK, but not sure about Marvel vs SNK, or even all three being together... :X

Lord Fedora
10-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Marvel vs. DC. I would never get rid of it. And I would master all the Marvel characters and kick DC butt.

Vaughn
10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I would love to see a Starcraft | Halo game.

scubasteveE
10-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Left 4 Dead/Pokemon. Who doesn't want to shoot at zombie pokemon chasing after you?

George Jefferson
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
You have actually played these games, right? And the L4D concept would just be for shiz and giggles, you know that. Considering what I've seen people do with Garry's Mod, I'm sure people would get a kick out of that.

But I can honestly say, you strike me as being a person that probably hates both SMB and KH with an incredible passion.

Garry's Mod, yes. Actual L4D DLC, no.

I love SMB, but I hate anything Squeenix crossover related.

Crossovers?

Disgaea vs. and like any RPG really
Yes, because Disgaea rules, and powerleveling is for champs. Level 9999 ftw!

Super Smash Bros vs. Capcom
You know you want it: Smash Bros with Megaman.

DJ Max and Rock Band
Because Rock Band isn't hard enough. Cue in the Koreans with insane beats and incredibly high difficulty.

Monster Hunter Freedom and Pokemon
Gotta Hunt 'em All. Pokemon Hunter Freedom.

Trauma Center and Resident Evil
Rescue zombies by fixing their problems on the spot on the mansion. Careful, they bite. XD

Good ideas, except for MH and Pokemon.

Marvel vs. DC would be epic.

Oh, and a Sony fighting game involving it's biggest franchises would be amazing.

Marvel VS. DC: MARVEL IS STILL OVERPOWERED

There's Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK, but not sure about Marvel vs SNK, or even all three being together... :X

A NEW CvS would be nice. Featuring up to 100 characters would be great, though a bit overloaded.

I would love to see a Starcraft | Halo game.

>: [

-Holland-
10-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I think that if you get the right people, a Half-Life/Metal Gear Solid crossover would be really awesome.

Also, Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy.

And, though it sounds odd, Okami and Shadow of the Colossus.

And then Castlevania and God of War. F yes.

And...uh, maybe Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia, but really just because ToS characters would look cool as CT sprites. =]

Megiddo Flame
10-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Pokemon/Digimon. Hands down. Seriously.

Poring
10-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Phoenix Wright/Trauma Center.

<___<

!CeMAn
10-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Legend of Zelda and Metroid.
Link on a metroid planet slashing up Space Pirates, firing Ice Arrows at the 'troids, and swinging from grapple points with the Hookshot. Boot, bomb and tunic upgrades(like one that lets you move around under water or survive intense heat??)

Then we would see who really is the toughest Nintendo hero.

Dragonair_blizzard
11-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Professor Layton/Pheonix Wright

Gotta be fun, with all those 'Objections' and puzzles together. When you get stuck, all you gotta do is use a Hint Coin. :3

F.D.
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM

<___<

Objection! His already dead, not nearly dead.

I want SSB/DBZ - Except, In a way, we already do, in the form of Lucario. But SSB/DBZ would still be good.

TNA/WWE - Made by the people that make the WWE games, as TNA iMPACT! was very bad crap.

DJ Hero/Guitar Hero/Band Hero - They're all basically the same, why not just make "Music Hero?"

~ Nick .

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd love to see Jak & Daxter and Uncharted. Finding out that the reason the Strange Relic in Uncharted is a Precursor Orb from Jak & Daxter is because the world of Jak & Daxter was the past - like the dinosaur era - to Uncharted, would probably make me crap myself.

Coddleflop
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
WoW and any Pokemon, because WoW is like the biggest game, if you do a crossover with pokemon, you would have SO much customization. From the trainer, to your custom team, EVERY pokemon in the game... You would be able to duel anyone, and you'd end up with a real-time battling pokemon game. You'd be able to trade anywhere, and you could have gym battles at occasional cities... It'd take pokemon to a whole new level

-Holland-
11-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Heh, Grand Theft Auto and Left 4 Dead would be pretty awesome, I'd say. GTA already has a lot of "useful" weapons anyway.

karmachameleon
11-03-2009, 08:37 PM
WWF No Mercy and Zelda: Twilight Princess. It would just be Zelda but every person in the game would be a professional wrestler, because professional wrestlers make everyone's day brighter.

Coddle, I completely agree with you on the Pokemon MMO

George Jefferson
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
All of these crossovers are fail imo.

Crossovers were never good to begin with.

http://www.myraredvds.com/covers/jetsons_meet_flintstones.jpg

And I object my own statement with these:

http://sev1512.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/capcom-vs-snk.jpg

http://www.onetwomagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/marvel_vs_capcom_2_free_01.jpg

http://thenintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tatsunoko-vs-capcom.jpg

My point: Capcom does crossovers the best.

Shen
11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I am honestly surprised to see that no one has even thought to recommend a Sonic and Mario crossover...

Especially considering the smash hit of this ongoing sprite animation series, Super Mario Bros Z (http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/supermariobrosz.html).

And no, I don't really consider those Mario and Sonic Olympics games are really proper crossovers for these two chars.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I am honestly surprised to see that no one has even thought to recommend a Sonic and Mario crossover...

Especially considering the smash hit of this ongoing sprite animation series, Super Mario Bros Z (http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/supermariobrosz.html).

And no, I don't really consider those Mario and Sonic Olympics games are really proper crossovers for these two chars.

I was about to. >_>

And I thought those crossovers were good enough.

Maybe have Mario Karts race against Sonic on foot...? Or in other karts.

Sequentio
11-05-2009, 01:54 AM

<___<
If this existed, I would be the first in line to buy it. @___@;;

I'd love to see a Tales of Symphonia/Soul Calibur game for the Wii.
Oh wait. They did that to some extent, and it was absolutely terrible, not only plot wise, but the game mechanics are terrible.

You know... A Pokemon Katamari Damacy game would be interesting... :o

!CeMAn
11-05-2009, 07:58 PM
That just gave me an idea: Mario Kart VS Diddy Kong Racing.
DK & Diddy would go ape-****.
Pun intended.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
11-06-2009, 07:15 PM
GTA and Pokémon

Imagine it...

You're walking down the street as some guy and a car pulls over, it starts hurling abuse at you so you just say "So i herd u liek Mudkips" and give it a water gun..

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-08-2009, 03:02 AM
GTA and Pokémon

Imagine it...

You're walking down the street as some guy and a car pulls over, it starts hurling abuse at you so you just say "So i herd u liek Mudkips" and give it a water gun..

If that's all there is to this game, I don't really think it's feasible...

Poring
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
My point: Capcom does crossovers the best.

Which is why a Phoenix Wright/Trauma Center game would be a complete success!

If this existed, I would be the first in line to buy it. @___@;;

This guy knows what's up.

Latisiblings
11-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Wait a sec... What about Fire Emblem/Zelda crossover? I think Link would be sick killing all the generic enemies with his Bombs, Arrows, Magic (Burning up all the enemies with Din's Fire would be awesome!), etc, etc.. I would actually make that kind of FE hack if someone gave me the sprites.

lu1z
11-12-2009, 02:51 AM
How about a crossover of FinalFantasy and Pokemon.

I would love to see the characters of FF beating up with swords and magic all the pokes and Legendaries.

Synester
11-12-2009, 03:03 AM
A Dr. Phil and Oprah crossover would be insane :D

George Jefferson
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Games crossed-over with pokemon doesn't make a good idea.

!CeMAn
11-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Look at the forum you're on.
Pokemon ideas are inevitable.

GallantlyGlaceon
11-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Ratchet&Clank+Jak&Daxter
Reason why: They're both pure awesomeness and the best games in the world.

Kenny_C.002
11-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Games crossed-over with pokemon doesn't make a good idea.
Why not? Pokemon Hunter Freedom Unite works perfectly. Now you too can kill off Charizard for the umpteenth time. :3

SuperBoy
11-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Mass Effect/Call of Duty
Combining powerful decision making and intergalactic civilizations with the intensity and warfare of Call of Duty would be incredible. Who doesn't want to see the Navy Seals ally with the Turians to destroy the apocalyptic-minded Reapers, while every decision you make counts?

Amazing.

Cheez
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Ratchet&Clank+Jak&Daxter
Reason why: They're both pure awesomeness and the best games in the world.

I second that.

Another awesome crossover would be Scribblenauts and, well, anything really!

George Jefferson
11-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I hate kids.

Pokemon_Ron
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Dead Space/Mass Effect

I would literally kill to play that game.

George Jefferson
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting.

i am mr original

-Smoo-
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. That covers DBZ, Naruto, Bleach ect...

Game Over
02-12-2010, 02:39 AM
I would have to say Assassins Creed and Borderlands. I can just think of the awesomeness now, 4 assassins in a wide open world, shankfest.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Why not? Pokemon Hunter Freedom Unite works perfectly. Now you too can kill off Charizard for the umpteenth time. :3

So how do you "capture" them again? Trap them, then throw Poke Balls at them? 8D Now it's no longer enough to make them fall asleep.

EDIT: Also, good crossovers would be... any 2 detective games or anything of the sort. I'd love to see that. :D

George Jefferson
02-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Doom and Quake, with music done by Trent Reznor.

hur quake III

Stardy
03-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Bumping for potential awesome.

Mass Effect 2 and Just Cause
You play Garrus. On Omega.

Pokémon and Final Fantasy
idk how you'd pull it off. But it follows a team of trainers and does the battles Final Fantasy style (On IX's system please). Have them go after a guy who's intent on taking over the world. And stuff. It could work.

Halo and Final Fantasy
The one truely bad thing about Halo is it's story. It has a nice plot, but failed in the delivery. It ended up being "lets shoot aliens herp a derp". The Final Fantasy one, you're a spartan. Not Master Chief. And you go about doing stuff like in VII or X. Get party members. Shoot people instead of having a big sword. It could make Halo interesting. Could do. And if it doesn't, it'll still be an RPG for the Xbox 360.

Street Fighter and Tekken
Or Capcom vs. Tekken, really. You know you want it.

Pokemon_Ron
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Pokemon and Mortal Kombat.

Ahhh, I would bye that :)

CrazyTrainer
03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Halo and left 4 dead

Marshmallow Pope
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Ratchet and Clank / Sly Cooper
An awesome duo full of weapons and gadgets. That's all that needs to be said.

Coddleflop
03-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Pokemon + Left 4 Dead 2
Aaaaaaaah, zombie Pikachu! x]
Ash, Brock, Dawn and Misty running around with guns x]

Mirrors Edge + Any game
Freerunning and parkour will add lots of possibilities to any game

Pokemon + Singstar/Lips/any karaoke game
Do you have any idea how hard it would be?!

Pokemon + Call of Duty
Boom! Headshot! Pikachu wins.
You all know you want it ;)

George Jefferson
03-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Halo and Final Fantasy

no

Street Fighter and Tekken
Or Capcom vs. Tekken, really. You know you want it.

Namco X Capcom

Halo and left 4 dead

no just no

Stardy
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Namco X Capcom

Hmmm... get rid of half the Tekken cast for Soul Calibur characters, Pacman and some random assorted others...

Must occur.

Neo Emolga
03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Starcraft and Call of Duty

As in the Starcraft universe and units with Call of Duty's FPS setup and perks. People play as the infantry units and the killstreak rewards would be the air units.

Capcom and Mortal Kombat

I know people have been begging for Capcom vs. Mortal Kombat game for a while. Would be pretty nice.

Negative Zone
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Pokemon and Fallout.

Who doesn't wanna see Dunsparce kicking some raider ass?

Dylan
04-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I think Call of Duty and the Legend of Zelda would be pretty cool to see mixed together.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-03-2010, 11:46 PM
A lot of these crossover ideas are really impractical, but amusing none the less.

Dead Space/Mass Effect

I would literally kill to play that game.

YES. Plus, it really wouldn't be toooo surprising if both games happened in the same universe.

I think Dead Rising + Left4Dead would be cool. Up to four survivors in huge mall/city fighting special infected as well as psychos. 1st/3rd person camera option, open world, huge variety of weapons, customizable safe zones in the city. Epic.

I also liked the Halo / Starcraft idea.

Kenny_C.002
04-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Starcraft and Call of Duty

As in the Starcraft universe and units with Call of Duty's FPS setup and perks. People play as the infantry units and the killstreak rewards would be the air units.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this game before: Starcraft: Ghost. ;)

Grassy_Aggron
04-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Pokemon/Spyro

Hur hur. Breeding dragons to fight, man XD It's like some sort of...Illegal ring, yet it's perfectly legal. I mean, you already have the elements of Lightning (Electric), Ice, Water, Fire, Earth (Ground), Darkness, Poison, Wind (Flying), and Fear (erm...Maybe Dragon?) in Spyro, so it's a simple thing to convert it.

Not to mention Spyro's plot is better than Pokemon's.

Sonic/Animal Crossing

A really odd combo? Maybe. But think about it - action and relaxation in the same game. Why buy stuff when you can steal it (Rouge, obviously), and you can gather money by participating in races XD

Man, I'd die if I had Shadow as a neighbor XD

Of joy, or by me? >.>

Ah...Hopefully joy. Bullets hurt. A lot.

PapaLuLu27
04-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Pikachu digivolve into Agumon. o w o

PokeGamer
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Rock Band & Guitar Hero