PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Login/ Possible Cookie Fail

MYSTRY MEW
10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Allrighty... imabout to defenestrate my computer.

So, i went to facebook, and it showed me a login page, even though i checked "remember me". I entered my password, clicked login, then it showed me the blank screen that is normal when a page is loading, but instead of being greeted by my facebook homepage, i was directed to the exact same login page. I entered my password again, and after hitting login, i was taken back to the same page, again. This keeps happening every day i try.

Now, i'm almost positive it's a cookie glitch (could be wrong) but when i messed around with the privacy setting, nothing changed. So i left everything as it was and searched google, no luck. I can log into everything else just fine (for example: email + pe2k work just fine)

So, any techies out there who can help?

Nirvash
10-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Allrighty... imabout to defenestrate my computer.

So, i went to facebook, and it showed me a login page, even though i checked "remember me". I entered my password, clicked login, then it showed me the blank screen that is normal when a page is loading, but instead of being greeted by my facebook homepage, i was directed to the exact same login page. I entered my password again, and after hitting login, i was taken back to the same page, again. This keeps happening every day i try.

Now, i'm almost positive it's a cookie glitch (could be wrong) but when i messed around with the privacy setting, nothing changed. So i left everything as it was and searched google, no luck. I can log into everything else just fine (for example: email + pe2k work just fine)

So, any techies out there who can help?

You've possibly been phished. If somebody has been on your computer, physically, locally, or remotely, they might of altered your Host files to redirect you to a phisher. Although, this might not be the case. There are multiple reasons why it could go wrong. If you think it's a cookie problem, then why didn't you try clearing your cookies?

MYSTRY MEW
10-23-2009, 02:08 AM
You've possibly been phished. If somebody has been on your computer, physically, locally, or remotely, they might of altered your Host files to redirect you to a phisher. Although, this might not be the case. There are multiple reasons why it could go wrong. If you think it's a cookie problem, then why didn't you try clearing your cookies?

deleted my cookies, didnt help

and im positive it'snot a phishing thing, because i can log in fine on any other computer

Hoshika
10-23-2009, 02:18 AM
deleted my cookies, didnt help

and im positive it'snot a phishing thing, because i can log in fine on any other computer

Sheesh, didn't you understand anything that he just said?

Because I didn't. LOL J/K

MYSTRY MEW
10-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Sheesh, didn't you understand anything that he just said?

Because I didn't. LOL J/K

not helpful.

but i did re-read his post, and am still positive it's not a phishing thing.

in other news: i CAN somehow log into facebook now, but cookie-related issues are occuring in other places. but if i change them to suit those places, other places screw up.
why is nothing uniform anymore?

Nirvash
10-25-2009, 06:36 AM
not helpful.

but i did re-read his post, and am still positive it's not a phishing thing.

in other news: i CAN somehow log into facebook now, but cookie-related issues are occuring in other places. but if i change them to suit those places, other places screw up.
why is nothing uniform anymore?

It could still of been phishing under certain conditions if they got in your computer and modififed your host files. xP

What browser are you using?

MYSTRY MEW
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
It could still of been phishing under certain conditions if they got in your computer and modififed your host files. xP

What browser are you using?

internet explorer 7 (^.^);

edit* ok, everything is fine now, on every site i go to. dunno what i did. but thanks for the help guys