PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Joystick Award

Powerman 6k
10-31-2009, 05:39 PM
I would like to PROUDLY announce that Jagex, Ltd. has one the Golden Joystick Award for UK Game Developer of the Year. For those who don't know, Jagex, Ltd. is the game developer of RuneScape and FunOrb.com, and for future reference, "MechScape" (project is restarting). SO! For those who bash RuneScape... IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE!

karmachameleon
10-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, award shows have lost a lot of credibility in recent years due to what I feel are some ridiculous choices. Gears of War won a few GotY awards in 2006. Brokencyde has never even been mentioned at the Grammys.

Powerman 6k
12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Why would they? Peoples' standards of music are so far below the bar that uh... well, it's all crap nowadays. Bands like System of a Down and Tool would be doing the world a favor by returning. Maynard, stop making your wine! Other bands like Toadies, great job on still kicking (excuse my language) ass! No Deliverance is by far one of their greatest songs.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
12-10-2009, 04:03 AM
I would like to PROUDLY announce that Jagex, Ltd. has one the Golden Joystick Award for UK Game Developer of the Year. For those who don't know, Jagex, Ltd. is the game developer of RuneScape and FunOrb.com, and for future reference, "MechScape" (project is restarting). SO! For those who bash RuneScape... IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE!

Lol, I'm playing that game right now. It's fun, many don't know what they're missing out on! 8D Good job, Jagex (EDIT: , Ltd). =D Add? ;D

Well, award shows have lost a lot of credibility in recent years due to what I feel are some ridiculous choices. Gears of War won a few GotY awards in 2006. Brokencyde has never even been mentioned at the Grammys.

What you feel? ._.

Why would they? Peoples' standards of music are so far below the bar that uh... well, it's all crap nowadays. Bands like System of a Down and Tool would be doing the world a favor by returning. Maynard, stop making your wine! Other bands like Toadies, great job on still kicking (excuse my language) ass! No Deliverance is by far one of their greatest songs.

Songs? I thought this thread was for games? @_@

Synester
12-10-2009, 04:10 AM
I would like to PROUDLY announce that Jagex, Ltd. has one the Golden Joystick Award for UK Game Developer of the Year. For those who don't know, Jagex, Ltd. is the game developer of RuneScape and FunOrb.com, and for future reference, "MechScape" (project is restarting). SO! For those who bash RuneScape... IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE!Blizzad won Publisher of the Year, you know, the company that makes World of Warcraft, the game that makes Runescape look even shittier :P

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Blizzad won Publisher of the Year, you know, the company that makes World of Warcraft, the game that makes Runescape look even ****tier :P

I thought WoW was the most popular MMORPG? Then again, I don't play it, so I'm not sure whether I'm right... :X

Shen
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I played both WoW and RUnescape a few years ago, both just to test them out. Both had good things, both had bad.

I quit WoW after about a month of trying it.

I have been playing RUnescape, on and off, for about seven years now.

Looks aren't everything, Synester, Runescape is much more fun than WoW in my opinion, and I base that off of the fact that I got into Runescape quickly, while getting into WoW was tough, and staying was harder.

Hell, even Neo quit playing WoW eventually (back in October).

So, again, in my opinion, Runescape PWNs WoW, and totally deserves this award ^^.

Go Jagex (Ltd.)!

Neo Emolga
12-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, I did play WoW for about two years. Even after you hit level 80 (the current highest level possible), you run out of things to do. Nowadays, I just stick to XBox Live.

As for Runescape, never played it, so I really can't say anything about it.

Synester
12-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Looks aren't everything, Synester, Runescape is much more fun than WoW in my opinion, and I base that off of the fact that I got into Runescape quickly, while getting into WoW was tough, and staying was harder.

When I say makes it "look" even worse, I don't mean graphic wise. I mean everything wise d: . I personally hate Runescape, I always found it boring, but that's just me.

Hell, even Neo quit playing WoW eventually (back in October).

So, again, in my opinion, WoW PWNs Runescape, and totally deserves this award ^^.
Fixed that for you ;)

Go Blizzard!

That too.
There ya go bro :O

Shen
12-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Fixed? It wasn't broken. Again, I prefer Runescape over WoW, now and forever. Blizzard has some good stuff (STARCRAFT FTW), but WoW is not something of theirs I prefer, plain and simple.

So, again, GO JAGEX!

:P

kokovo
12-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I've been playing RuneScape for years and I love it.
I just love the basic game mechanics.

WoW sucks in my opinion.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
12-13-2009, 11:43 AM
As for Runescape, never played it, so I really can't say anything about it.

So start playing it? ;D

There ya go bro :O

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And I thought you said WoW makes RuneScape look even ****tier? *checks*
Blizzad won Publisher of the Year, you know, the company that makes World of Warcraft, the game that makes Runescape look even ***tier :P Yep, you did. You're contradicting yourself here. :P

Synester
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
So start playing it? ;D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And I thought you said WoW makes RuneScape look even ****tier? *checks*
Yep, you did. You're contradicting yourself here. :PNo I'm not, I didn't mean graphic wise, I meant in general it makes it look worse :|

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
12-19-2009, 07:03 AM
No I'm not, I didn't mean graphic wise, I meant in general it makes it look worse :|

... Wait, what makes what look worse? @_@