PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

Lusankya
11-01-2009, 11:42 AM
So, has anybody installed this yet? I just installed it today, and though it was a pain in the &(*# to install, I think it was worth it. My computer boots up in half the time and everything seems to run much faster. Whereas on Vista, system usage never dropped below about 35%, I'm getting system usage of 10% and below while idle, meaning that 7 has less background processes that gobble up resources and slow down your computer.

Ayotui
11-01-2009, 12:50 PM
i might get it, but i doubt it. im thinking of getting a mac

Stinky
11-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I really don't plan on getting it or Vista unless I get a new computer that comes with it- I like my Windows XP. :(

Kenny_C.002
11-01-2009, 02:06 PM

I don't like Macs at all. They're incredibly overpriced and OS-X updates relatively frequently enough that keeping up would cost me probably more than just going with Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm saying this BECAUSE I have a Mac, and don't use it, opting for the inferior HP I'm lugging around right now.

I really don't plan on getting it or Vista unless I get a new computer that comes with it- I like my Windows XP. :(

That's pretty much it for me too. :3

SPPF_Max
11-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I like using Windows, Windows Vista, and HP better. I have a HP although I really ought to check what a Windows Vista is again. I think I had some kind of computer like that in my house but I've never probably installed Windows 7 before. Haven't I?

Lord Fedora
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I may get it if I have some extra cash, but otherwise I'm sticking with Vista. It does look sexy though.

Nirvash
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Winblows 7 is amazing. So amazing that I didn't pay for it with my own money!

Aksyel
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I actually have it now, it's really nice.

: 3

Black Label
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I got Windows 7 a few weeks before it came out, due to some hush hush buisness. ;)

But its awesome. Its very fast, and I love the quick start menu at the bottom.

Aksyel
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I got Windows 7 a few weeks before it came out, due to some hush hush buisness. ;)

But its awesome. Its very fast, and I love the quick start menu at the bottom.

Well, even businesses didn't get it that early, so you probably have the pre-release/test version.

Gamedude
11-01-2009, 11:21 PM
I have had a Mac and I own a PC.

Mac = Made for creative people (Music, Pictures, ect)
PC = Made for all around useage (Msn, Facebook, Work, Ect.)

I really want to get the HP touch smart with Windows 7 :D I'm currently stuck with a 8 year old O/S so hopfully next paycheck my brother gets is going towards a new laptop with Windows 7. I'm glad Microsoft has stolen a lot of Apple's ideas (Reminds me of the movie "pirates of silicon valley"). My dad like the ad apple made about the new windows 7 O/S (the one with "oh we won't have any problems that windows vista" becasue my dad was a Computer tech for 20 years and remembers using all of the O/S PC has made)

SPPF_Max
11-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Excuse me but I feel the need that I have to go off-topic in this thread to talk to one member. Ahem! Thus before I forget since one ******* newbie troll is stalking me.

iGaga, quit it. You're stalking me. You're going to everywhere I go and am trolling me in my Visitor Messages. If you are subscribed to this thread, you'll know where and who this message is coming from and can read it in your email when you go to it that I have this important message posted in this thread and on your VM's. Therefore you'll read this to go read your ******* Vm's. If you are not subscribed to this thread, you'll receive the notification in your Vm's sooner or later when you get online again so there's really no excuse to not heed my warning because being new isn't an excuse to sit and troll people. Also I'm beginning to question, "Do you have a freaking life?" If all you are going to do is stalk me on my profile because of the stuff I post on the forums. That was just a matter of opinion. Continue stalking me on my profile because of what I post anywhere and I will be threatening to report you to a Mod. Don't tempt me tonight you newbie fagot because I AM NOT IN THE MOOD. Keep this up and they may end up banning you because of the fagottry that's going on between you and me and I'm not up for any of it. Keep it to yourself because nobody's interested. Telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. You had your warning. Last chance. Keep this up and see what happens.

Warning for insulting other members

Judgmental Arceus
11-02-2009, 03:00 AM
I'll waste thousands of dollars on a mac before I ever bother to waste time on windows 7. This is why:
Mac = Made for creative people (Music, Pictures, ect)
PC = Made for all around usage (Msn, Facebook, Work, Ect.)
Since I currently have an HP with Windows Vista I'm pretty content with what I get. Not to mention on Vista I still get to play my XP games without the computer screwing up all the software.

I know you had good intentions, but next time just report it.

Gamedude
11-02-2009, 03:09 AM
I'll waste thousands of dollars on a mac before I ever bother to waste time on windows 7. This is why:

Since I currently have an HP with Windows Vista I'm pretty content with what I get. Not to mention on Vista I still get to play my XP games without the computer screwing up all the software.

I was talked to a Collage Rep from Metalworks (its a sound recording company that also is a school; They have recorded the new Protest the hero album and other great bands like megadeath, ect!) I asked what O/S they ran and he told me its a Mac world! He told me they edit the music on the Mac but they have all there documents and office computers on Windows XP. Hopfully Windows 7 can replace all the windows XP computers! (Can you belive Windows XP is 8 years old xD)

SPPF_Max
11-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I was talked to a Collage Rep from Metalworks (its a sound recording company that also is a school; They have recorded the new Protest the hero album and other great bands like megadeath, ect!) I asked what O/S they ran and he told me its a Mac world! He told me they edit the music on the Mac but they have all there documents and office computers on Windows XP. Hopfully Windows 7 can replace all the windows XP computers! (Can you belive Windows XP is 8 years old xD)

All the way from 2001? That is so freaking awesome. But yeah! I just now realized mine is a Windows XP and it's only 3 years old. Pretty darn neat, ay? But it still needs repairments as I still see the disfunctions right now. Starry Night doesn't appear on the Task Manager and I've been too afraid to open it since August when not everything was working fine. So here I am relieving and freeing all this stress in this thread about it.

Hoshika
11-02-2009, 03:16 AM
*forces topic train back on tracks*

Yeah it was the right link. Too bad my Copy and Paste features only half work on this computer now. The copy works but the paste doesn't. What's the point of having the Copy feature work if the Paste function isn't going to work along with the Copy Feature? They're supposed to go together. That's stupid!

Why don't you get Windows 7, then?

scubasteveE
11-02-2009, 03:22 AM
I want to get Windows 7, but I'm afraid my labtop is too old. My computer is a Dell Precision M70, but it has been refurbished so I don't know......

SPPF_Max
11-02-2009, 04:02 AM
*forces topic train back on tracks*

Why don't you get Windows 7, then?

Because A) I don't need one and B) I'm probably happier with the Windows XP but when the repairments to all my sound features, sound card, Copy and Paste, Task Manager, and Microsoft so I can begin using it again are all repaired some more even further. I know Kirby, the Serebii Chat Room Moderator and Super Mod on the forums prefers more of a Windows 7 than me because she has it and likes it and says it's great according to my words based off of what she said as a non-Op Friday night in the chat rooom.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-02-2009, 05:23 AM
I want to get Windows 7, but I'm afraid my labtop is too old. My computer is a Dell Precision M70, but it has been refurbished so I don't know......

Laptop.

I guess you can go to a computer repairing shop or something and check if it meets the requirements. Btw, is it Windows XP you're using now?

I guess I'll get Windows 7. Sounds more reliable and faster than Vista.

... When I have the money. :(

scubasteveE
11-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Wrong place to rant. Go to a mod.

Laptop.

I guess you can go to a computer repairing shop or something and check if it meets the requirements. Btw, is it Windows XP you're using now?

I guess I'll get Windows 7. Sounds more reliable and faster than Vista.

... When I have the money. :(
Labtop laptop, I don't care:sleepy:

I could and yeah I'm using XP. I think it was made 04/05

Volcanflame
11-02-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't really like 7's Taskbar. I use Snow Leopard and XP. And I love them.

-Volcan-

Jack Of Blades
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Windows 7 is nice, fast and reliable. Its has better background graphics and looks a little better. I don't like the shortcut bar though...

Pokemon_Ron
11-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Windows 7 is nice, fast and reliable. Its has better background graphics and looks a little better. I don't like the shortcut bar though...

I agree. Although, i love the shortcut bar.

SPPF_Max
11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Like everyone else said, this isn't the place to discuss that.

You guys are minimods! Stop being a minimod before I report you for minimodding CAUSE I'M A HYPOCRITE!

Warning for backseat moderation

Kenny_C.002
11-06-2009, 04:28 AM
*Cleans up on isle 3*

I'm actually kind of eager to try out Windows 7 in the near future. I honestly hope they have that XP compatibility down pat once I make the switch in a couple of months. :)

Lusankya
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
*Cleans up on isle 3*

I'm actually kind of eager to try out Windows 7 in the near future. I honestly hope they have that XP compatibility down pat once I make the switch in a couple of months. :)

My dad switched from XP to 7, everything's been good so far.

Black Label
11-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, even businesses didn't get it that early, so you probably have the pre-release/test version.

Nope, its the real deal.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-08-2009, 03:07 AM
*Cleans up on isle 3*

Thanks. ;D

Wonder if switching from Vista to 7 would be as good...

Nomis
11-08-2009, 03:12 AM
I heard that it was gonna be awesome, then my cousin got it, and it rocks!!! Much faster than vista and easier to access stuff.

DarkEevee
11-08-2009, 03:55 AM
We've had Windows 7 installed on a few of our school computers, and it works a lot better than Vista. Next year, every computer in the school will have 7 on them.

Ridley
11-08-2009, 03:59 AM
I have 7 on my computer.

It's certainly better than Vista -- I need as little background usage as possible since I do nothing but game on this pc -- but I still like XP.

Ah well. I was forced to quit XP sorta since there's no more support for XP available.

Starkipraggy
11-08-2009, 08:03 AM
The school comps have 7. It feels like Vista except a tad faster... yeah.

I'll consider horking the school copy from the teacher soon. :X