View Full Version : Scariest Film Ever?

Cookie Monsta
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
What do you think it is?

For me personally it's either Event Horizon or Paranormal Activity. D;

Sequentio
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Our home movies.

Hm... the scariest move I've seen? That'd be difficult, as most movies nowdays rely on CG effects to "scare" the audiance which oddly enough - make it less scary. Blood and gore aren't the only requirements for a good horror movie. This is why I suppose I'd say the scariest film I've seen is "The Ring." It didn't rely on the traditional horror concepts. It prayed on your fears and left you feeling paranoid about the phone for a week. xD

Scourge of Amaranth
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Movies don't scare me. Even the good horror films (The Exorcist, for example) are just disturbing, not... frightening. I suppose that if I had to pick, it'd be... er... no, I can't pick.

Phantom Kat
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't watch many horror movies, but there was this one I watched as a little kid about a dog who had been by his master's father but lived, who then "killed" the father because he didn't let his son go trick-or-treating. Then the father showed up in the house, zombie-fied and just looking like a living corpse. For a long while, I was afraid to close my eyes and sleep because then, I would see that dog and his blood-red eyes.

"Where's my keeeeys?" I'll never forget that line. D:

*goes to Google what the name of the movie was*

- Kat

Cookie Monsta
11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
LMAO Kat, that sounds more like a comedy. xD

Imagine you watching Saw 6. :L

Vaughn
11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Paranormal Activity scared the sh!t out of me.

scubasteveE
11-02-2009, 01:41 AM
For me it was House on Haunted Hill(both the 1959 and 1999). I watched the 1999 one first and scared me death and I don't know why. It was the first movie that I couldn't finish it because I was so scared.

Pokemon_Ron
11-02-2009, 03:17 AM
It scared the sh!t out of me when i was younger. I was too scared to go to the bathroom after i watched it:eek:

Bryce
11-02-2009, 03:23 AM
The Chuckie movies were the most terrifying things to watch as a child.

Otherwise, Pet Sematary was quite chilling.

Bumblebee16
11-02-2009, 03:31 AM
What do you think it is?

For me personally it's either Event Horizon or Paranormal Activity. D;

My cousin told me to watch that movie with her when I was seven. She said it was a funny movie, but I didn't see anything funny about it. It scared the crap out of me.

The Chuckie movies were the most terrifying things to watch as a child.

Otherwise, Pet Sematary was quite chilling.

Those damn Chuckie movies scared the hell out of me too. Never had any stuffed animal for two years (When I was five until the time I was seven)

-Holland-
11-02-2009, 05:22 AM
I suppose I'd say the scariest film I've seen is "The Ring."

Really? Dang.

I'd say either The Descent, the last 10-15 minutes of Rec, The Orphanage (a lesser option) or, yes, Paranormal Activity.

Seriously, Paranormal Activity has reinvigorated my fear of horror films. Rec had me in for a night or two (6+ foot mutant zombie lady = fffffffffffffffuddlerockers), but Paranormal Activity has messed me up in the head a bit.

ReclusiveDemon
11-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Phantasm. Movie scared the hell out of me when I was a child, and still gives me an occasional spine-chilling moment even today.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm a weird one with scary movies. The Grudge terrified me, while The Exorcist put me to sleep.

The 28 Days/Weeks Later movies were quite terrifying to me, a big reason being that they were the most realistic "zombie" movies ever made.

@ Diarago: The Descent was SO good. One of the best modern Horror films I can remember.

Jack of Clovers
11-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Finally got to watch a bunch of the classics this year: The Shining, Alien, Aliens, Halloween (70's version and remake), and a bunch of others.

But still, I'll always remember The Ring and Texas Chainsaw Massacre freaking me out the most.

~Jack~

-Holland-
11-05-2009, 04:13 AM
I'm a weird one with scary movies. The Grudge terrified me, while The Exorcist put me to sleep.

The 28 Days/Weeks Later movies were quite terrifying to me, a big reason being that they were the most realistic "zombie" movies ever made.

@ Diarago: The Descent was SO good. One of the best modern Horror films I can remember.

Dude, I've never been able to push the image of when they see the monster through the night vision for the first time out of my head since I've seen the movie. God. Damn. >_>

Limelight
11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
TWILIGHT CUZ ITS ABOUT VAMPIRES AHHHH

I'm not sure but when I seen Chuckie I threw out all my teddies & stuff lmao.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Candy Man scared the bejesus outta me when I was younger n_n

Tombi
11-05-2009, 08:08 PM
The last film that scared me properly was 'A Haunting in Connecticut'. No idea what the scariest film ever is, though.

Cookie Monsta
11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
^I saw that a couple of days ago! D:

Those eyelids look tasty. xD

Tombi
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Suspense and thriller things really freak me out. Blood and guts and gore don't affect me in the slightest. I remember when I first saw Saw (olol) on the TV at a sleepover. I think it was about halfway through or something. Not sure which one it was, probably III. I honestly thought it was some crap eighties slasher horror thing with really fake blood that makes people laugh nowadays. Then the information showed 'Saw'. Yeah, I laughed.

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Suspense and thriller things really freak me out. Blood and guts and gore don't affect me in the slightest. I remember when I first saw Saw (olol) on the TV at a sleepover. I think it was about halfway through or something. Not sure which one it was, probably III. I honestly thought it was some crap eighties slasher horror thing with really fake blood that makes people laugh nowadays. Then the information showed 'Saw'. Yeah, I laughed.

The Saw films are truly horrible to watch.. The only way you know that the storyline has progressed is by the fact that there are 1 or 2 more people not there since last time you payed attention..

!CeMAn
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I had to put Hostel in the freezer for a few days after watching it.
My girl went to Europe a couple years ago, Amsterdam was a stop, and i told her not to talk to anybody on the train, or people with things on their lip!

SaviorSephiroth
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
The Exorcist _

Starkipraggy
11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
It's obviously Scary Movie. I mean it's called Scary Movie...

Just kidding.

The ones that I distinctly remember traumatising me were The Ring and Dark Water. So now I run away from horror films.

Oddly enough, The Exorcist just seemed more of a thriller to me than a horror movie. :o

Cookie Monsta
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
The Exorcist isn't scary for me - too many obvious goofs, like the tube pumping vomit. xD

Mawile-Danmaku
11-13-2009, 01:34 PM
9 is the only movie that I've EVER seen that was frightening. But it wasn't that scary. However, there is a show that made me lay on my side and watch he door of my bedroom (to make sure nothing came in) for a few weeks. It's called Lost Tapes, it's on Animal Planet, and I saw the Chupacbra/Oklahoma Octopus episode. Never watched any of that **** ever again. What scared me most, I think, that it claimed all the footage was real. I'm not so sure if it is or not...

sheepskinfuton
11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't know why, but Paranormal Activity didn't scare me that much, which is weird because that's the sort of thing that would creep me out. It might be because I missed the very last second with the disturbing demon face thing. The only thing that really creeped me out was the attic scene. My town house is new and a few days after I saw the movie I tried to slide open my attic door for the first time ever, and couldn't get it to close all the way. I know it was the wind but there were a couple of times where my bedroom door would open or shut, and that kinda gave me the creeps.

I'm more frightened by 'disturbing images', because they stick in my head, so I don't watch things like The Ring or The Grudge or anything like that, though my friend and I did buy a copy of The Ring Two on VHS, so I should probably get around to watching that and not sleeping properly for a few days.

A lot of the movies you guys mentioned, like Halloween, The Haunting in Connecticut, The Exorcist, and 28 Days Later didn't really phase me at all. I've been more traumatized by Lambchop and Courage the Cowardly Dog, to be honest. D':

Fire Away
11-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Dude, I've never been able to push the image of when they see the monster through the night vision for the first time out of my head since I've seen the movie. God. Damn. >_>

I've seen The Descent like 400 times. I was watching a clip show before Halloween, and they described that scene before showing it, and when it happened I still shrieked like a little girl.

My favorite horror movies are usually of the Asian variety. As far as American films go, I really really enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses. I'm a big fan of most of the classics as well (Psycho, Alien, The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but this is mostly appreciation of their stories and how they were filmed.

Thinking about it, Halloween and Halloween 2 actually scared the hell out of me when I was younger. That lifeless mask gives me the creeps every time.

Zastard
11-29-2009, 12:24 AM
French horror films put American ones to shame.

Medieval Manaphy
11-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Probably any movie with a child as the evil/killer lol. I don't know why but jsut seeing kids do that and stuff scares the crap out of em.

Some of them would be, the Halloween where the little kids kill, and The Unborn, the Excersit. The Unborn because well i dont know. "JUMBY WANTS TO BE BORN NOW!" lol.

Also a Haunting in Connecticut, because it could somewhat actualy be true. Even though the only part I beleive that is true, is that they bought a house in Connecticut,

OHHH EDIT~~ Drag Me to Hell, due to the fact that there is a freakish old lady in that movie, I do not envy anyone if their Grandmother looks like that.