PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest: Does anyone know what flavor a tootsie roll is?

Charbok
11-14-2009, 03:25 AM
I can't stop thinking about this, so I figured I'd ask the smartest people in the world. Since Nintendo of Japan was busy, I came here to ask you guys! What flavor is a tootsie roll? And don't tell me it's chocolate, because I've had chocolate and it does NOT taste like chocolate.

Rules
-No flaming/spamming
-No saying it's chocolate flavored
-No breaking forum-wide rules

The Maple Syrup Baptist
11-14-2009, 03:30 AM
It's been a while since I had one... I'm actually going to pick some up tomorrow morning just to answer this accurately!

Neo Emolga
11-14-2009, 03:37 AM
It is chocolate. See for yourself. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie_Roll)

And yeah, they are pretty good.

Broderick
11-14-2009, 03:47 AM
It's a milk-chocolate taffy flavor I always though.

Nomis
11-14-2009, 03:51 AM
It's an artificial kind of chocolate flavour, the ones my family buys for my birthday :crackup:
I don't think I really know, I still think its chocolate flavoured.

Charbok
11-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I have updated the thread rules to accommodate those that decided to act out.

Nomis
11-14-2009, 04:28 AM
By GOD, you're actually taking this thread srsly????

Now to think of it, it could be toffee flavoured, or coffee, something like that.

Blast the Stereo
11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Lime tootsie rolls are the candy of gods.

Neo Emolga
11-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I have updated the thread rules to accommodate those that decided to act out.

Thread rules? Dude, I pretty much answered your question already. Its a an ersatz form of chocolate whether you believe it or not. Besides, you could have asked this in the Daily Chit Chat thread and it would have been fine.

Shen
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Rules
-No flaming/spamming
-No breaking forum-wide rules

Thread rules? Dude, I pretty much answered your question already. Its a an ersatz form of chocolate whether you believe it or not. Besides, you could have asked this in the Daily Chit Chat thread and it would have been fine.

Despite the fact you answered it, Neo, I believe he wants anything BUT the simple truth.

As for me, I've always known it's chocolate, but defintely not pure chocolate. More like a toffee mixed with chocolate. But Neo is definitely more right than I am (BTW, for those that don't know, ersatz basically means "artificial," so, in retrospect, Tootsie Rolls are an artificial chocolate flavor).

Go ahead. Report me for saying it's chocolate five times. I dare ya :wink2:.

Seawolf
11-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I never liked those things, I always thought they looked like little rolls of poop. =/

Hoshika
11-14-2009, 06:15 PM
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

It's fake chocolate.

Sixto
11-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Just taking his orangirity too serious. :p

Tombi
11-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey, uh, Austin.

I think it's, uh, chocolate.

*has never eaten one*

-Pichu Boy-
11-14-2009, 06:25 PM
*has never eaten one*

^This. And I'd never heard of it before this thread.

MUST BE AN AMERICAN chocolate THING.

Tombi
11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I only knew of them because of this book I read about this kid and his mum had a baby and they kept calling her Tootise instead of her real name so the kid was all like 'No when she grows up everyone at school will call her Tootsie Roll' and because the kid had a younger brother nicknamed Fudge and he made jokes about candy factories I sorta guessed it was a candy thing in America because they lived in America *breathe*

Haze
11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Just taking his orangirity too serious. :p

Pretty clever!

It's chocolate but I'm not a big fan. It always gets like, stuck to your teeth and makes it hard to talk.

Kendo
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
In other words...
-No saying what your opinion might be because I know it's wrong
But it's not. *sniff*

Vaughn
11-15-2009, 02:19 AM
I think it's chocolate.

Charbok
11-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Just so everyone is clear, I am being incredibly serious about the thread rules. As Mario stated, my orange name clearly means that I have the power to discipline and order you all around, and that includes the older members like Neo and even moderators. I am a website staff, and you will respect that.

Sixto
11-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Just so everyone is clear, I am being incredibly serious about the thread rules. As Mario stated, my orange name clearly means that I have the power to discipline and order you all around, and that includes the older members like Neo and even moderators. I am a website staff, and you will respect that.
Tootsie Roll is chocolate.

Charbok
11-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Tootsie Roll is chocolate.

Don't make me destroy you.

Ultima Boss
11-15-2009, 03:06 AM
The Tootsie Roll is a recyclable substance brought about by human waste.

Sixto
11-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Don't make me destroy you.
You sir, are late.

Charbok
11-15-2009, 03:10 AM
You sir, are late.

I do not understand your mindless jibber jabber.

Sixto
11-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I do not understand your mindless jibber jabber.
Fine, it's "chocolate" flavored.

Shen
11-15-2009, 03:45 AM

I don't understand, you are given absolute proof, and still you refuse to believe that Tootsie Rolls are chocolate. And is that a threat to those who have the opinion that Tootsie Rolls really are chocolate, as proven?

So you are website staff, so you've an orange name. Does that really mean that you can discipline us (which I take to mean temp/perma-ban) for stating an opinion that in no way goes against any PE2K rules whatsoever? Seriously, with that conceited attitude, you may not be Website Staff for long. Don't throw your name around thinking it means you can make people do whatever, that is not the purpose of being staff.

Seriously, now, are you really gonna ban me on my opinion, based on freakin' facts, that Tootsie Rolls are, indeed, chocolate, even if ersatz-ish chocolate?

EmBreon
11-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Haha, he was being sarcastic, Shen. Everyone knows that the orange people are actually the oompa loompa's of the forum.

And tootsie rolls are trash flavor. Chocolate trash with a hint of nasty.

Charbok
11-15-2009, 05:37 AM
http://www.cyclingforums.com/attachments/professional-cycling/10132d1218216889-lookalikes-976537-oompah-loompah-0.jpg

Emma knows me too well.

Shen
11-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Haha, he was being sarcastic, Shen. Everyone knows that the orange people are actually the oompa loompa's of the forum.

Heh, well, I suspected as much, I just didn't like the unneccessary weight-throwing ('specially when he didn't have enough to throw around in the first place :x )

And yay, oompa loompa's! They're small and fun, and rhyme REALLY well ^^.

Charbok
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Heh, well, I suspected as much, I just didn't like the unneccessary weight-throwing ('specially when he didn't have enough to throw around in the first place :x )

Haha, I apologize. I didn't mean to come off as serious by any means! I was just up to my crazy antics as usual! :oops:

Tombi
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't understand, you are given absolute proof, and still you refuse to believe that Tootsie Rolls are chocolate. And is that a threat to those who have the opinion that Tootsie Rolls really are chocolate, as proven?

So you are website staff, so you've an orange name. Does that really mean that you can discipline us (which I take to mean temp/perma-ban) for stating an opinion that in no way goes against any PE2K rules whatsoever? Seriously, with that conceited attitude, you may not be Website Staff for long. Don't throw your name around thinking it means you can make people do whatever, that is not the purpose of being staff.

Seriously, now, are you really gonna ban me on my opinion, based on freakin' facts, that Tootsie Rolls are, indeed, chocolate, even if ersatz-ish chocolate?

Lol'ing.

Th-they're not chocolate, then! P-Please Austin, oh mighty pair of mine, don't punish me! D':

Cookie Monsta
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Tootsie rolls are tootsie flavour, duh! -_-

XaiakuX
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Lol'ing.

Th-they're not chocolate, then! P-Please Austin, oh mighty pair of mine, don't punish me! D':
Yeah, he wouldn't do that, because then he'd have to answer to your Oniisan, and he don't mess around when it comes to his neechan. xD
Tootsie rolls are tootsie flavour, duh! -_-

Problem solved.

TwilightBlade
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't know how to explain it, but they taste like air to me.. Like, plain. No chocolate yumminess in my mouth. o.o

Woodchuck
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
They taste like a bite of Caitlin.

Tombi
11-15-2009, 09:02 PM
They taste like a bite of Caitlin.

Oooh you dirty boy.

Lord Fedora
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I have a better question: What flavor are vanilla tootsie rolls? Because they don't taste like vanilla to me. The fruity ones (which were gifted to us by the high and mighty gods) I do see a resemblance but the vanilla ones are more like these really delicious milk candies from china I had once (except not wrapped in edible rice paper)

Lusankya
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
What a silly question. How are you supposed to describe the flavor of say, fish, without describing it as fish? -_- Tootsie rolls are a unique flavor.

Charbok
11-16-2009, 12:26 AM
What a silly question. How are you supposed to describe the flavor of say, fish, without describing it as fish? -_- Tootsie rolls are a unique flavor.

That's exactly my point!

Black Label
11-16-2009, 12:41 AM
That's exactly my point!

Are you trying to ask what it tastes like to you? Like your own opinion?

Charbok
11-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Are you trying to ask what it tastes like to you? Like your own opinion?

I have no idea.

Lusankya
11-16-2009, 12:56 AM
They may try to make them taste like chocolate, but imo they aren't very successful. When I first tried I Tootsie Roll I expected a chocolate flavor. I was disappointed.

scubasteveE
11-16-2009, 01:56 AM
They taste like poo.....not that I know what poo tastes like(AHHHHHHHH 2girls1cup2girls1cup2girls1cup2girls1cup2girls1cup , IT WILL NEVER BE ERASED FROM MY MINE!!!!!)

*cough*
Sorry

!CeMAn
11-16-2009, 05:28 AM
I always thought they were 'tootsie flavoured'.
... which makes me wonder what a tootsie is.
Yuck.

Hoshika
11-16-2009, 05:35 AM
The name "tootsie" was actually his daughter's nickname, I think. And by his daughter, I mean the daughter of the creator of the Tootsie Roll.

!CeMAn
11-16-2009, 05:36 AM
That's gross.
Who would name their daughter that??

Void
11-16-2009, 08:33 AM
That's gross.
Who would name their daughter that??

Leo Hirshfield. He named the candy after the nickname of his daughter, Clara "Tootsie" Hirshfield.

Charbok
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
So... they're young-girl flavored?

Black Label
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM

I'll go buy some more and I'll get back to you on that.

Tombi
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM

Please, Austin, keep your lurid fantasies to yourself!

XaiakuX
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM

I suppose THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbxi9hxctk8) wouldn't help anything?

Void
11-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I suppose THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbxi9hxctk8) wouldn't help anything?

No, it wouldn't.

Lord Fedora
11-19-2009, 02:17 AM
No, it wouldn't.
Y'all are sick, kthxbai.

Charbok
11-19-2009, 02:44 AM

Don't get jealous, you know I'm thinking of you while I have those fantasies. :wink:

!CeMAn
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
ROTF no comment.
I don't want the police showing up at my door :crackup:.