PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame

Lord Fedora
11-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Yes, that's right my friends. For all of us who played Pokemon Red or Blue, Tetris and Dr. Mario, our oldest portable video gaming friend has finally been recognized as being at least as awesome as the Easy Bake Oven, Lincoln Logs, and the Stick. Woo!

Hoshika
11-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Why wasn't it there before?

Starkipraggy
11-17-2009, 05:12 AM
I bet it's in there because of how tanky it is. I've dropped it a hell lot of times, and I'm the second owner. My young cousins had it, and you know what little kids do to their stuff, then I had it. It's now gathering dust in a friend's house since I have a DS. :3

scubasteveE
11-17-2009, 06:27 AM
yes, that's right my friends. For all of us who played pokemon red or blue, tetris and dr. Mario, our oldest portable video gaming friend has finally been recognized as being at least as awesome as the easy bake oven, lincoln logs, and the stick. Woo!
yes i have waited for this moment for all my life!!!

Poltergeist
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Ah, how I miss the good times involving me, my GBC, and Pokemon Red. Best toy ever!

Psychedelic Shroomish
11-17-2009, 10:25 PM
The Gameboy is not a toy, it is a way of life!

Neo Emolga
11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm with Hoshika, why wasn't it there already? The Gameboy was way more groundbreaking than Lincoln Logs and that other menial stuff.

Better late than never, I suppose.

Lord Fedora
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm with Hoshika, why wasn't it there already? The Gameboy was way more groundbreaking than Lincoln Logs and that other menial stuff.

Better late than never, I suppose.
Dude, the freaking BALL only just got put in. They started with like 7 in 1992 and have added two or three every year.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Good job. =D

Why was it not inducted sooner? I think it's a variable time lag. The Game Boy just got the short end of the stick. Anyway, it's in there now; rejoice! =D Oh wait, you did.

Ah, those days...

Starkipraggy
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Dude, the freaking BALL only just got put in. They started with like 7 in 1992 and have added two or three every year.
Do you mean... a normal, bouncy ball? If so... Those guys are retards.

Judge Dredd
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

..this is fail...
Here are the real facts

The original inductees to the National Toy Hall of Fame were announced in November 1999. Students from nearby Willamette University protested (good naturedly) when they learned that Mr. Potato Head and Barbie’s friend Ken were not included

Barbie
Crayola Crayon
Erector Set
Etch-A-Sketch
Frisbee
Hula Hoop
Lego
Lincoln Logs
Marbles
Monopoly
Play-Doh
Radio Flyer wagon
Roller Skates
Teddy Bear
Tinkertoy
View-master
Duncan Yo-Yo

Pokemon_Ron
11-19-2009, 04:44 AM
My question is, Why wasn't the Gameboy inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame like 3 years ago?

!CeMAn
11-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I used to love my Game Boy.
Long car trips, boring television programming and a way to pass time when you're grounded and stuck in your room!