PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Vaughn
11-18-2009, 11:21 PM
SO like my computer's been acting all retarded and all.

It has this white background everytime I turn it on. It says on the whie thing "Active Desktop REcovery" and blahblahblah. How do I get rid of it?

And, there's that red circle with the white x near the clock at the bottom right hand corner. I don't even know what that is. HElp?

Lastly, there's this pop-up thing. Opera and McCafee are the only ones available to use on my computer; everything else, when I click on them there's a pop-up that says Application cannot be executed. THe file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software. I scanned my compute a hella times, and activated the antivirus software, but it keeps popping up.

INEEDHELP

Lord Fedora
11-19-2009, 03:13 AM

It has this white background everytime I turn it on. It says on the whie thing "Active Desktop REcovery" and blahblahblah. How do I get rid of it?

And, there's that red circle with the white x near the clock at the bottom right hand corner. I don't even know what that is. HElp?

Lastly, there's this pop-up thing. Opera and McCafee are the only ones available to use on my computer; everything else, when I click on them there's a pop-up that says Application cannot be executed. THe file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software. I scanned my compute a hella times, and activated the antivirus software, but it keeps popping up.

INEEDHELP
I'd say you got a bad virus that wrecked your hard drive and deleted itself.

Nirvash
11-19-2009, 03:36 AM

INEEDHELP

You've fallen victim to a virus who's taken advantage of your stupidity, just like a lot of people.

Nirvash
11-19-2009, 03:37 AM

INEEDHELP

You've fallen victim to a virus who's taken advantage of your stupidity, just like a lot of americans.

@Khajmer: No, viruses don't delete themselves like that. That's not why they're made.

Lord Fedora
11-19-2009, 03:46 AM
You've fallen victim to a virus who's taken advantage of your stupidity, just like a lot of americans.

@Khajmer: No, viruses don't delete themselves like that. That's not why they're made.
Depends on the reason that they're made. Some are designed to help hackers access people's CPUs, others are designed to go into computers, eat and destroy as much as humanly possible, and auto-delete. The former are made by hackers, the latter are made by jackasses.

Nirvash
11-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Depends on the reason that they're made. Some are designed to help hackers access people's CPUs, others are designed to go into computers, eat and destroy as much as humanly possible, and auto-delete. The former are made by hackers, the latter are made by jackasses.

If you're smart and want to be a real jackass, you leave a rootkit in it and mess with them.

SiberianTiger
11-20-2009, 04:59 AM
And if you were smart, you'd delete that double post and use the edit button. Before you look like you are another victim of stupidity. Putting you with 98% of the Earth's population.

~Isaiah