PDA

View Full Version : Future In-Game Team for Emerald

Iceman3k
07-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I already beat the Elite 4, and I picked out some stuff for my In-Game Team on Emerald. Hopefully I could share it with you.

Slater X (Charizard)
EV Set - 252 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk
Nature - Rash
Ability - Blaze
Item - N/A
- Flamethrower
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
Desc. - Somewhat mixed Charizard set in the planning. Dragon Dance to raise Attack and Speed, and Flamethrower and Dragon Claw for Sp. Attacking. Return for physical strikes.

Torpedo (Poliwrath)
EV Set - Not yet specified
Nature - Mild
Ability - Damp
Item - Leftovers
- Surf
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch
Desc. - The Same BOAH styled Poliwrath that I trained on Leaf Green. I could start all the way over if I want, but I'll have to think on doing that. But I could try to get one with Water Absorb and a Quiet Nature.

Elektro (Manectric)
EV Set - 253 Spd, 253 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Modest
Ability - Static
Item - N/A
- Crunch
- Rain Dance
- HP Water
- Thunder
Desc. - My result of an Electric Terror after hatching 89 Electrike Eggs from earlier in the game. Rain Dance is there to fully support HP Water and Thunder. HP Water is used to fend off Rock, Ground, and Fire types, while Crunch Fends off Psychic Types.

Flurry (Shiny Venomoth)
Nature - Rash
Ability - Shield Dust
Item - N/A
- Stun Spore/Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Skill Swap/Filler move
- Psychic
Desc. - A substitute for a Grass-Type space. Giga Drain screws Rock-Types, Psychic is... just there, Stun Spore or Sleep powder for immobilization, and Skill Swap is just there. And yes, this is the same Shiny Venonat I caught on Leaf Green, then evolved it. =)

Brick Wall (Claydol)
EV Set - 252 Sp. Atk, 129 Def, 129 Sp. Def
Nature - Relaxed
Ability - Levitate
Item - Chesto Berry
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Rest
- Ice Beam
Desc. - Defensive Wall in the planning. Reflect & Light Screen to make the walls with, and that way, I can switch in and not worry about getting OHKOed. Ice Beam for an attack move, Rest for recovery. If anything, instead of Defensive EVs, I should do HP. I'd appreciate it if someone told me which one is better. =)

Dark Tiger (Absol)
EV Set - 253 Spd, 253 Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Pressure
Item - Sitrus Berry (o_o')
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Ball
Desc. - Physical Sweeper. Taunt to screw off status inducers/risers, then Swords Dance for the power up. Aerial Ace takes care of Bug and Fighting Types. Shadow Ball fends off Ghost and Psychic Types.

Please rate if you can. I plan on using this team in the Battle Frontier as well. This should be one of my great accomplishments. :twisted:

EDIT - Thought of an alternate physical sweeper :oops:

Big Bear (Ursaring)
EV Set - 253 HP, 253 Sp. Def, 4 Atk
Nature - Careful
Ability - Guts
Item - Leftovers/BT Alternative
- Bulk Up
- HP Ghost/Earthquake
- Rest
- Snore
Desc. - GutSnorer. Bulk Up to power up (and armor up), HP Ghost for an awake move, and Snore while sleeping. Rest for recovery.

EDIT 2 - HUGE typo on Absol. His EVs were in Attack, not Sp. Atk.

Nemesis
07-26-2005, 01:55 AM
I already beat the Elite 4, and I picked out some stuff for my In-Game Team on Emerald. Hopefully I could share it with you.

Slater X (Charizard)
EV Set -252 Attk, check his speed iv, then give enough speed evs to get exactly 264 Speed, rest in HP.
Nature -lonely/naughty/adamant
Ability - Blaze
Item - leftovers/leichi berry/lum berry
- Flamethrower
- earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- aerial ace

Basically use flamethrower only for killing Skarm. Salamence does this much better though.

Torpedo (Poliwrath)
Nature - Mild
Ability - Damp
Item - Leftovers
- Surf
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch

I like the standard, but I guess this works, though his sp attk is a little low, I'd recomend a physical attack (preferably rock slide to counter his flying weak) over ice beam.

Elektro (Manectric)
Nature - Modest
Ability - Static
Item - salac/petaya berry/leftovers
- Crunch
- Rain Dance
- HP Water
- Thunder

I don't like this set. For Using thunderbolt 5 times in a row tends to be more efective then using rain dance, and then thunder 4 times. Try to get one with HP: Ice, and then teach it thunderbolt over thunder, and thunder wave over rain dance.

Flurry (Shiny Venomoth)
Nature - Rash
Ability - Shield Dust
Item - N/A
- Giga Drain
- Skill Swap/Filler move
- Psychic

Venemoth's stats are way to low to be useful... ...I sugest you drop it.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def / 14 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

You'd have to add 4 HP evs for each iv below 1 you have in HP (for max lefties recovery). Also you may want to give it a little more (not max) sp attk to reach 220 so you can OHKO CB Mence (not DD Mence though for it generally has much more HP).

Dark Tiger (Absol)
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Pressure
Item - salac berry/leftovers
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Ball
Desc. - Physical Sweeper. Taunt to screw off status inducers/risers, then Swords Dance for the power up. Aerial Ace takes care of Bug and Fighting Types. Shadow Ball fends off Ghost and Psychic Types.

I'd recomend Tauntrados over this, for he is to slow to actually make good use of taunt, except when getting phazed (roar/whirlwind). And anyway most people would probably try to just attack it instead of phaze it anyway due to its low speed and defences... ...though he makes a great BPer.

Please rate if you can. I plan on using this team in the Battle Frontier as well. This should be one of my great accomplishments. :twisted:

EDIT - Thought of an alternate physical sweeper :oops:

Big Bear (Ursaring)
Nature - Careful
Ability - Guts
- Bulk Up
- HP Ghost/Earthquake
- Rest
- Snore
Desc. - GutSnorer. Bulk Up to power up (and armor up), HP Ghost for an awake move, and Snore while sleeping. Rest for recovery.

40 base power is way to low (use sleep talk over snore). Also Ursaring can do what your Absol is doing better (minus taunt, but absol is to slow, though Ursaring can OHKO most phazers, with an exception of skarm, though return still does 37% on average, or at least give them a serios dent before getting phazed.):

Ursaring (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 9 Def / 52 Spd / 9 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return
- Swords Dance
You'd have to add 4 extra evs to both HP and Speed for each iv those stats have lower than 31. This thing works great, specially if you switch it into a W-o-W. Oh, BTW Ursaring is my favorite pokemon in the game =).

You lack a special wall, though Poliwrath can generally handle most bulky waters, though not any electrics...

Iceman3k
07-26-2005, 02:49 AM
I read some stuff about checking IVs. How do I do that exactly?
EDIT - Also wanna post my thoughts to some of the stuff you said

Originally Posted by Iceman3k

Slater X (Charizard)
EV Set -252 Attk, check his speed iv, then give enough speed evs to get exactly 264 Speed, rest in HP.
Nature -lonely/naughty/adamant
Ability - Blaze
Item - leftovers/leichi berry/lum berry
- Flamethrower
- earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- aerial ace

Basically use flamethrower only for killing Skarm. Salamence does this much better though.
* - I suppose that'd work. But IMO, Zard is better than Sala at killing Skarm since both of them have (almost) the same amount of Sp. Atk, and Zard's Flamethrower is supported by STAB.

Torpedo (Poliwrath)
Nature - Mild
Ability - Damp
Item - Leftovers
- Surf
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch

I like the standard, but I guess this works, though his sp attk is a little low, I'd recomend a physical attack (preferably rock slide to counter his flying weak) over ice beam.
* - Well I gave it Mild Nature (changing to Quiet) to try and equal out his Attack (85 Base, 269 Max) And Special Attack (70, 239 Max, 262 Max w/Higher Nature), also considering Ice Beam has slightly more power and is 100% Accurate.

Elektro (Manectric)
Nature - Modest
Ability - Static
Item - salac/petaya berry/leftovers
- Crunch
- Rain Dance
- HP Water
- Thunder

I don't like this set. For Using thunderbolt 5 times in a row tends to be more efective then using rain dance, and then thunder 4 times. Try to get one with HP: Ice, and then teach it thunderbolt over thunder, and thunder wave over rain dance.
* - I'll think on that, even though it took me a long time to get one with HP Water. IMO the Rain Dance Combo works well. But I suppose I can drop this and get Jolteon at some other point when I get a chance.

Flurry (Shiny Venomoth)
Nature - Rash
Ability - Shield Dust
Item - N/A
- Giga Drain
- Skill Swap/Filler move
- Psychic

Venemoth's stats are way to low to be useful... ...I sugest you drop it.
* - Well, I thought maybe I could use this to pass off as a Grass Attacker...
I'll look for something else, even though there really isn't anything with enough Speed (or Defense) to pass off with. In addition, I have no Psychic Attacker, so I was using it for that too. But whatever.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def / 14 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

You'd have to add 4 HP evs for each iv below 1 you have in HP (for max lefties recovery). Also you may want to give it a little more (not max) sp attk to reach 220 so you can OHKO CB Mence (not DD Mence though for it generally has much more HP).
* - I'll think on this, even though I really could use a Brick Wall in Emerald. This is the only thing that comes close.

Dark Tiger (Absol)
EV Set - 253 Spd, 253 Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Pressure
Item - salac berry/leftovers
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Ball

I'd recomend Tauntrados over this, for he is to slow to actually make good use of taunt, except when getting phazed (roar/whirlwind). And anyway most people would probably try to just attack it instead of phaze it anyway due to its low speed and defences... ...though he makes a great BPer.
* - Well, I gave it Jolly nature to help its Speed a little bit, and try to manage to pull a 269 amount. And adding Tauntrados would mean I'd have to lose Poliwrath, since I only plan on Carrying one Water type. And if I use that, I'd have no water attacker.

Please rate if you can. I plan on using this team in the Battle Frontier as well. This should be one of my great accomplishments.

EDIT - Thought of an alternate physical sweeper

Big Bear (Ursaring)
Nature - Careful
Ability - Guts
- Bulk Up
- HP Ghost/Earthquake
- Rest
- Snore

40 base power is way to low (use sleep talk over snore). Also Ursaring can do what your Absol is doing better (minus taunt, but absol is to slow, though Ursaring can OHKO most phazers, with an exception of skarm, though return still does 37% on average, or at least give them a serios dent before getting phazed.):

Ursaring (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 9 Def / 52 Spd / 9 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return
- Swords Dance
You'd have to add 4 extra evs to both HP and Speed for each iv those stats have lower than 31. This thing works great, specially if you switch it into a W-o-W. Oh, BTW Ursaring is my favorite pokemon in the game =).
* - I can try it, but I dunno if it would work. GutSnore has proven effective for me. And with Ursaring being your whole favorite, Ursaring's my Favorite Normal Type =)
Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I just try to stick to my own style as of what to carry, and find loopholes to pull in what I could find. :oops:

Nemesis
07-26-2005, 03:38 AM
If your actually playing competitivly against people who can play well, gutsnore will not work, like I said sleep talk would be better if you want to use guts + rest. And just to let you know that Ursaring set I gave you is my exact (evs and everything) nb Ursaring set, and it works pretty well. With max attack and adamant nature after one Swords Dance he has 788 attack, and the average phazer can't really take that to well combinded with the 153 attack power return (thanks to STAB). And he has enough speed to outrun a max speed iv weezing by three points (so he can outrun a weezing designed to outrun a pokemon designed to outrun a weezing), letting him take off a huge chunk of hit points with return before it hazes (70%-90%, I really don't remember how much exactly), and then it can Swords Dance as it probably Sludge Bombs (and hopefully W-o-Ws activating guts, though most people aren't that stupid), and then you can kill it, and proceed to sweep, until it is finally beaten down, though from my expirience it generally takes down 1-3 pokemon, unless of course you baton pass speed...
Also: STABed snore's base power: 60, STABed returns base power: 153, which means Return is over three times as powerful, almost for times in fact... ...BTW good luck in getting HP: Ghost of a decent power.

For Charizard: I ment that Salamence Dragon Dance's better, it doesn't kill Skarmory better (Charizard OHKOs, Salamence 2HKOs).
Poliwrath: I said it works...
Venemoth: Use Gengar for grass, or Alakazam for psychic.
Claydol: ? What? Do you mean the nick name? Just keep the nick name Brick Wall if thats what you ment (I just coppied and pasted the claydol from my team which doesn't have a nick name).
Absol: With Jolly nature he can't hit hard enough with no STAB, but whatever... ...IMO Ursaring still does that much better...

And for IV calculator; the one I usually go to is closed; just open up netbattle, put in your team with there evs, level, and natures, and then adjust ivs, until they are equal, and then raise it up a level right down its new range of possible ivs, and keep doing it until you limit the them to one/there is a guy in emerald that says them. Go to him.

Iceman3k
07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
If your actually playing competitivly against people who can play well, gutsnore will not work, like I said sleep talk would be better if you want to use guts + rest. And just to let you know that Ursaring set I gave you is my exact (evs and everything) nb Ursaring set, and it works pretty well. With max attack and adamant nature after one Swords Dance he has 788 attack, and the average phazer can't really take that to well combinded with the 153 attack power return (thanks to STAB). And he has enough speed to outrun a max speed iv weezing by three points (so he can outrun a weezing designed to outrun a pokemon designed to outrun a weezing), letting him take off a huge chunk of hit points with return before it hazes (70%-90%, I really don't remember how much exactly), and then it can Swords Dance as it probably Sludge Bombs (and hopefully W-o-Ws activating guts, though most people aren't that stupid), and then you can kill it, and proceed to sweep, until it is finally beaten down, though from my expirience it generally takes down 1-3 pokemon, unless of course you baton pass speed...
Also: STABed snore's base power: 60, STABed returns base power: 153, which means Return is over three times as powerful, almost for times in fact... ...BTW good luck in getting HP: Ghost of a decent power.
* - Then I'll try that combo on NetBattle and see if it works. I won't use Swords Dance, as I'm overly concerned with defense as well, so I'll stick to Bulk Up. If it works, then I'll shift to that.

For Charizard: I ment that Salamence Dragon Dance's better, it doesn't kill Skarmory better (Charizard OHKOs, Salamence 2HKOs).
* - Okay, just curious :oops:

Poliwrath: I said it works...
* - Okay

Venemoth: Use Gengar for grass, or Alakazam for psychic.
* - I need one of both Grass and Psychic attacking. So if I'm lucky, I can get an Alakazam with HP Grass.

Claydol: ? What? Do you mean the nick name? Just keep the nick name Brick Wall if thats what you ment (I just coppied and pasted the claydol from my team which doesn't have a nick name).
* - Nope, I meant using a defensive wall in my team. Max HP with defense EVs, as well as a team supporter using Light Screen and Reflect. I know some people have Brick Break, but then I just bring it back in.

Absol: With Jolly nature he can't hit hard enough with no STAB, but whatever... ...IMO Ursaring still does that much better...

And for IV calculator; the one I usually go to is closed; just open up netbattle, put in your team with there evs, level, and natures, and then adjust ivs, until they are equal, and then raise it up a level right down its new range of possible ivs, and keep doing it until you limit the them to one/there is a guy in emerald that says them. Go to him.
If I could find the guy, I will.

Nemesis
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Ursaring needs Swords Dance, for without it it can't really hit hard enough to put a huge dent in most physical walls. Amd anyway all bulk up would do is force the oponent to use special attacks. And what combo are you talking about, rest and sleep talk?
I really don't know why you need a psychic attacker for the only thing psychic is good against it poison. You could also use Gengar with Giga Drain, and if you really want to you could teach it psychic aswell.
The Claydol set I gave you is a defensive wall. I personally don't really see a point in reflect/light screen for it wears away after five turns, but whatever (I wasn't fearing Brick Break, for that move is rather uncommon).