PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano

Fierce Deity
12-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Ok so I got the iPod Nano yesterday for Christmas and I've been told I needed to BUY music off of iTunes (which will never happen). So my friend said to try Limewire or Frostwire to download it from there, then transfer it to iTunes, then upload it to the Nano - but when I installed Limewire and Frostwire, I tried to open it, but it said "File was corrupted. Please download again." or something. So I did that and it didn't work at all.

Then I downloaded and installed Ares (brother told me about this one), and it worked. Until I searched for three songs. Thinking that it'll be found, I left and came back an hour later to the same exact screen I left it at.

So is there something I'm doing wrong or is there an easier way to do this? Thanks.

inb430%ofreplieswillbeuseful

sheepskinfuton
12-27-2009, 01:15 AM
I've had quite a few problems with Limewire and Frostwire but I've never used Ares. There might be a problem with the program connecting to the internet though. You might have to go in to your firewall and allow Ares to access the internet. (I'd double check this first, I'm not good with computers.)

Don't ever ever ever turn off your firewall though, I did that a few years ago when I was having problems with Limewire suddenly not connecting, and my entire computer crashed.

These people here might be able to help you though:
Frostwire Forums (http://forum.frostwire.com/viewforum.php?f=1)
Limewire Forums (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/technical-support/)

I can't seem to find a forum for Ares. You might just have to look around on google a bit.

Fierce Deity
12-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Alright, I'll try and see what happens. Thanks. ;0

Giratina
12-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Or you could take the non-downloading option and hunt for MP3s on the Internet, which I do very rarely (when the song isn't on iTunes/when my wishlist adds up to over $50). I've done that whenever I needed a song, and as long as I had my virus protection program/firewall on, it's worked fine. I Googled something along the lines of '[song name] [artist name] mp3' and it turned up well, but of course the songs are of varying quality. ...Also, congratulations on your new Nano!

Atheena
12-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Tell you somethin right now. "Iphone, Ipod, the I stands for incompatibility!" -Uncle Yo Quote.

The pokemaster
12-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Tell you somethin right now. "Iphone, Ipod, the I stands for incompatibility!" -Uncle Yo Quote.

I hear ya there they are exactly the same as anything else except more expensive

Steak
12-27-2009, 03:45 AM
GUYS HERE'S AN IDEA
GO TO http://www.video2mp3.net/ AND CONVERT YOUTUBE VIDEOS WITH MUSIC INTO MP3 FILES AND IMPORT THEM FROM iTUNES

cruise control wins.

Also I got an iPod Nano for Christmas as well, it's pretty sexy sort of.

fullmetal
12-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Learn how to use Mediafire, serioiusly limewire/frostwire sucks.

Lusankya
12-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Moved to Computers/Internet.

The pokemaster
12-27-2009, 04:51 AM
GUYS HERE'S AN IDEA
GO TO http://www.video2mp3.net/ AND CONVERT YOUTUBE VIDEOS WITH MUSIC INTO MP3 FILES AND IMPORT THEM FROM iTUNES

I swear there are sooo many sites that do this, half of em dont work though :P anyways that one is a good one :)

Judgmental Arceus
12-27-2009, 08:06 AM
I say uninstall Limewire/Frostwire as I've heard such programs can infect the computer with malware. I download off the internet so I don't know of many runner-up programs to iTunes (in other words I've never heard of Ares) but I do know that many of the programs that act like Limewire/Frostwire can be disguised malicious software, so I don't mess with them.

iReign
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I just use Google, like I type in the song name, and then artist name .mp3. Usually gives me a link that works. If not, there is always Youtube Downloader or something.

Viva la Gofre
12-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Instant solution: Buy music and support the music industry rather than stealing from it ;D

iReign
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Instant solution: Buy music and support the music industry rather than stealing from it ;D

I lol'd.

Pokemon_Ron
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM

Agree'd
But havn't you heard that it's cooler to steal music off the internet? ;D

Judgmental Arceus
12-28-2009, 06:04 AM
I scoff at this. Between wasting my money on a song and finding the song for free, I take the less expensive approach.
*inb4troll

Giratina
12-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I'll pay money for it if I like the band, personally. But if it's just one song out of their list that I like, or it's an anime opening, or it isn't on iTunes at the given time, or something like that, I'll usually just skip out on buying it and run to Google.

Thunderz
12-28-2009, 03:43 PM
GUYS HERE'S AN IDEA

cruise control wins.

Also I got an iPod Nano for Christmas as well, it's pretty sexy sort of.

I agree with this post. It's so easy, sometimes its really quick, sometimes its slow you just gotta pick the right day lol. I use this for all my MP3s, IPods, and my normal computer saves alot of time than searching the internet!

Pokemon_Ron
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll pay money for it if I like the band, personally. But if it's just one song out of their list that I like, or it's an anime opening, or it isn't on iTunes at the given time, or something like that, I'll usually just skip out on buying it and run to Google.

You can buy a song for like $1.99
Honestly, It's not that much.

Judgmental Arceus
12-31-2009, 12:21 AM
You can buy a song for like $1.99
Honestly, It's not that much.

The cost does add up though. If you're buying a massive amount of songs that can add up to about $20+ very quickly.

Pokemon_Ron
12-31-2009, 12:31 AM
The cost does add up though. If you're buying a massive amount of songs that can add up to about $20+ very quickly.

It's worth it though. If you wanna download the song, you should have to buy it. If you were a musician, you would understand

Hakken
12-31-2009, 12:52 AM
I use this, (http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/free-youtube-to-mp3-converter.htm) it actually didn't give me any viruses, so provided your firewall is on and whatnot it should be okay. But seriously, buy the music if you can. I only suggest this because I personally download a lot of foreign music that I either can't buy at all or would be ridiculously expensive to import.

Shadows
12-31-2009, 03:15 AM
I always use Limewire for my iPod Nano and Touch. I haven't run into a problem... And I've been using it for 3 years.