PDA

View Full Version : Good shmups?

George Jefferson
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, anybody who's a real gamer know any good shmups for me to try? I've got Ikaruga for DC/XBLA, Taito Legends 2 for PS2, Gradius Galaxies for GBA... That's about it.

And if you do find Taito Legends 2, buy it. Don't hesitate, good shmups and beat'em ups (with some awful games included) as well as two Space Invader games.

karmachameleon
01-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Yeah, anybody who's a real gamer know any good shmups for me to try? I've got Ikaruga for DC/XBLA, Taito Legends 2 for PS2, Gradius Galaxies for GBA... That's about it.

And if you do find Taito Legends 2, buy it. Don't hesitate, good shmups and beat'em ups (with some awful games included) as well as two Space Invader games.

Since you've got a PS2, I suggest DoDonPachi for PSOne, or really anything by Cave. I'm pretty sure it's really expensive though because shoot em ups are a "niche" genre. Gradius V for PS2 swould probably be cheaper, but I like vertical shooters better.

Jet
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
how about for the PC? and Touhou?

George Jefferson
01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
how about for the PC? and Touhou?

Dismantled my PC for the moment.

Jet
01-13-2010, 11:31 PM
It's horizontal, but still awesome: Einhander; one of the rare shmups made by Square before the became Squaresoft... or was it after, when they became Squaresoft... can't remember. Still awesome, don't know why they haven't made a sequel of it.