PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Panic being set for a Live Action movie?

Mew Ichigo
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Mods, lock if there is a thread similiar to this, if this breaks the rules in any way, or if this is in the wrong section.
The popular Japanese anime series Full Metal Panic is now set to become a live-action movie after Mandalay Pictures acquired its theatrical rights. In what is becoming a fast trend in Hollywood, another marquee celebrity, Zac Efron, has expressed interest to appear in the movie.Created by Shoji Gatoh, Full Metal Panic tells us the story of a teenage yet anti-terrorist commando boy named Sousuke Sagara as he endeavors to protect a high school girl with very special powers. The narrative is set in a world where seemingly adults don’t exist. Blending action, comedy and high school reference, the animation series of Full Metal Panic was first aired in Japan in 2002 and became a target of character licensing in the United States by ADV Films.

Zac Efron, on the other hand, has been a popular fixture in Hollywood’s teen demographic. He is the star of Disney Channel’s High School Musical, WB’s Summerland and the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Hairspray. It is interesting to see how he’ll portray a Japanese anime character.

Hollywood has been actively tapping the Japanese anime cache of intellectual properties for their next big theatrical release. Already, classic animation series such as Speed Racer and Astro Boy (starring Nicolas Cage as the creator of Astro Boy) have already finished production. Other noteworthy live-movie adaptations of Japanese anime series are Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai (which featured Samuel L. Jackson).

Mandalay Pictures is the studio behind Hollywood films such as Sleepy Hollow, Enemy at the Gates, The Score, The Jacket, and Into the Blue previously. Full Metal Panic hasn’t been setup at a studio just yet.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/southrndarln45/01-zac-efron-musical-400a041207-1.jpghttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm21/elena-chan/sagara_sousuke.jpg

http://blog.media-freaks.com/full-metal-panic-set-for-a-live-action-movie-adaptation-zac-efron-interested/comment-page-1/
So, in otherwords, they are apparently making a Live action film of the popular anime "Full Metal Panic", and if that's not bad, Zac Efron has shown interest in playing the role of Sosuke Sagara. I think he is already playing him, but apparently it hasn't been comfirmed.
Thoughts?

kokovo
01-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I....HATE......ZAC......EFRON!
I can't stand that guy.
If he's in it I doubt I'll see it.

Beyourownhero
01-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna go cut myself now.

This is madness!

Mew Ichigo
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I....HATE......ZAC......EFRON!
I can't stand that guy.
If he's in it I doubt I'll see it.

I'm gonna go cut myself now.

This is madness!

Agreed.
I can imagine him playing a role as Light Yagami from Death Note, but SOSUKE!?
Zac Efron doesn't even have the correct personality qualities as Sosuke!