PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad

Sixto
01-26-2010, 11:16 PM
iSlate, iTablet, whatever you want to call it. To me, iPad sounds about right and something that Apple would do.

The iPad will be announced tomorrow. What are your thoughts about Apple's upcoming product? Will they change the way we look at a particular device again? They changed MP3 players and smartphones.

Personally, I have high hopes, but not so high. [/nosense] I like the fact that would will be able to read books and textbooks (for school).

Discuss. =D

TayyabX
01-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Would be great for using as a textbook replacement, so you wouldn't need to carry them everywhere along with you, but it depends if it doesn't break as easily.

Right now, it seems like an oversized iPhone. It'll be able to use the apps over from the iPhone, along with the other standard features it has, and it'll be able to multitask and can be used as an e-reader. That's all I know of at the moment, there's probably a bit more, but they're probably still rumors right now.

I don't think I'll be getting it anyways.

@ I hope they don't ridiculously overprice, it just like most of Apple's others products. Then again, it's probably going to range around $1000.

We'll just have to wait and see until tomorrow.

Gamedude
01-27-2010, 03:53 AM
iSlate, iTablet, whatever you want to call it. To me, iPad sounds about right and something that Apple would do.

The iPad will be announced tomorrow. What are your thoughts about Apple's upcoming product? Will they change the way we look at a particular device again? They changed MP3 players and smartphones.

Personally, I have high hopes, but not so high. [/nosense] I like the fact that would will be able to read books and textbooks (for school).

Discuss. =D
This isn't new tech. Tablets were around in the 90s, they just wern't populair. I remember in early 2000 where you could turn your laptop into a tablet by turning the computer screen fully around. All Apple is doing is stealing other people's ideas (I know this because i have seen "pirates of silicon valley"). I was watching the bussness news network and they predict that this thing will CRUSH laptop sales and lower iPod/iPhone sales as well. I personaly wouldn't mind a tablet, it just depends on its design and such.

Sakuya_Izayoi
01-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Say WHAT? iPad? .... Well, if it's good enough, I will be happy as TayyabX if they replace textbooks. I would be happy then my backpack wouldn't be so heavy all the time. =D

Sixto
01-27-2010, 04:08 AM
This isn't new tech. Tablets were around in the 90s, they just wern't populair. I remember in early 2000 where you could turn your laptop into a tablet by turning the computer screen fully around. All Apple is doing is stealing other people's ideas (I know this because i have seen "pirates of silicon valley"). I was watching the bussness news network and they predict that this thing will CRUSH laptop sales and lower iPod/iPhone sales as well. I personaly wouldn't mind a tablet, it just depends on its design and such.
Oh, I don't think I see where I mentioned tablets are new. :tongue3: I know they aren't new. Apple is coming up with their second one. They had a graphics tablet in 1979, this is just another. ;)

TayyabX
01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Course they used iPad.

Live updates on the tablet. Go nuts. (http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/?sort=newest&refresh=30)

EDIT: Refresh the page for updates. Just in case someone was wondering
EDIT2: Just put on auto-refresh, ignore the edit above.

SaMaster14
02-15-2010, 07:51 AM
The Ipad was a big disappointment imo.

I mean, its basically a big Ipod Touch with an e-reader.

Its NOT a computer in itself, and it needs to be synced with a computer just like and ipod. No USB cables, no webcam... its running a modified Ipod Touch OS, and no normal computer apps.

IMO, would have been better if they took like a MacBook and made it touch screen... but it ran a modified OSX-Snow Leopard and was a bit larger...

But.... I haven't used one yet, so I may still change my mind.
Though, just the fact that it has to be used with another computer as its "parent" kinda turns me off....