PDA

View Full Version : Elekid Moveset Needed

Razzmatazz
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
In my LeafGreen I'm going to start training an Elekid. This is the set I'm planning:

Elekid @ Leftovers
Careful Nature

Thunderbolt
Double Team
?(Maybe a physical attack?)
?(Preferably something to cover for it's poor defense- possibly Reflect is it can learn it)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regice 2005
07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
please tell me you're gonna evolve that thing...

Anyway for electabuzz: I have a set that has served well as my opener in the UU metagame

Electabuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Basically an adaptation of my usualy starter in normal teams (jolteon). He makes a decent opener with his speed and sub helps out with prediction. I use focus punch because Electabuzz has decent attack and most people tend to switch to ttar,snorlax,blissey when they see an electric type esp nowadays when everybody's elecs are packing hp grass to deal with swampy, focus punch is a naice surprise.

Razzmatazz
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Is Thunder Wave really necesary? Taking the Static ability and Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave seems like it could be replaced with something else on the Pokemon...

Nemesis
07-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Is Thunder Wave really necesary? Taking the Static ability and Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave seems like it could be replaced with something else on the Pokemon...

Yes, because I'm pretty sure you don't want to sit there letting the oponent repeatedly hit you just to get them paralyzed, and anyway, the most common move used on you by a physical pokemon would have to be earthquake, which doesn't even have 'touch', and obvuisly special attacks don't have it either, so yes thunderwave would be nessesary. Plus it helps out your subs a lot.

Iceman3k
07-28-2005, 11:24 PM
In my LeafGreen I'm going to start training an Elekid. This is the set I'm planning:

Elekid @ Leftovers
Careful Nature

Thunderbolt
Double Team
?(Maybe a physical attack?)
?(Preferably something to cover for it's poor defense- possibly Reflect is it can learn it)

Any suggestions are welcome.
If anything, see to it that it evolves. I have some suggestions.

Electabuzz 1
EV Set - 253 Spd, 253 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Timid (for Speed)/Modest (for Power)
Item - Lefties
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch (Fire Punch if combined with HP Grass)
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave/HP Grass/Filler Move
Desc. - Special Electabuzz. Self-Explanatory.

Electabuzz 2
EV Set - 252 Spd, 129 Atk, 129 Sp. Atk
Nature - Lonely/Naughty
Item - Lefties (I suppose)
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch/HP Grass
Return/Cross Chop/HP Ghost
Meditate
Desc. - Pathetic mixed Electabuzz. Came off the top of my head. Pick a Physical =(