PDA

View Full Version : TCG News

Kenny_C.002
03-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Here you can type about news on different TCGs (except the pokemon one). Currently, the hot topics in YGO is the new set coming out soon (that's Zammy's job).

As for me, it's IN THE BOOKS coverage of Pro Tour Kobe, straight from the post.

With the new set, Darksteel, staying for about a month now, people are getting serious about what the heck is going on.

Pro tour Kobe is the first constructed pro tour tourney that features Darksteel (it is the block construction: Mirrodin).

First, the top 8 standings:
1. Masashiro Kuroda (Japan), mono-red
2. Gabriel Nassif (France), twelvepost
3. Alexandre Peset (France), mono-red
4. Jelger Wiegersma (Netherlands), affinity
5. Luigi Sbrozzi (Italy) , mono-red
6. Raffaele Lo Moro (Italy), mono-red
7. Ben Stark (USA), affinity
8. Stefano Fiori (Italy), mono-red

From these stats, you can see that the Italians and the French were packing HEAT, taking more than half of the total top 8 standings. As the magic coverage staff say: "Kuroda will go down in history as the first Japanese Pro Tour Champion, but if the increasing success of his country is any indication, he certainly won't be the last". Yup, first apanese champion, and is packing heat.

Now for the more important stuff: what went on?

The pro tour top 8 ended up with 5 mono-red, 2 affinity, and a single "twelvepost" deck. Top 16 included mono-green.

So what is mono-red? This is an archtype as old as...the first tourneys? Anyway, mono-red control had always been around, and I've had my arse handed over by these guys over the years. The problem is that MOST blocks don't support mono-red...not Mirrodin. Here's the winning deck:

Kuroda Masashiro
Anan Go Deck

Main Deck:
16 Mountain
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Blinkmoth Nexus
(24 land)

4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Arc Slogger
(8 creatures)

4 Electrostatic Bolt
4 Shrapnel Blast
4 Barbed Lightning
4 Damping Matrix
4 Pulse of the Forge
4 Fireball
4 Detonate
(28 other spells )

4 Molten Rain
4 Echoing Ruin
2 Talisman of Indulgence
2 Talisman of Impulse
3 Furnace Dragon
(15 sideboard cards)

The first thing to see is that there are 24 burn spells in this deck (I'm counting Detonate, since it usually does blow up artifacts with a cost higher than 0). That's a LOT of burn running around...just what mono-red needed. The secon thing to notice is that this deck is almost a carbon copy of athe mono-red back in the day, which acceled at killing in record time. This does the damage even faster. When Arc-slogger starts swinging and then burning, you're in trouble. The simulacrum is a sacrifice for the sharpenel blast (to draw!!!).

Perhaps the most intriguing thing about the deck: the 4 Blinkmoth Nexi. At first I saw it as a crappy rare land. Oh am I wrong! I suddenly realized it's the old card Mishra's Factory (it becomes a 2/2 instead of the 1/1 flying)...which deals most of the first damage needed for mass burn to finish. It's a that time I realized: mono-red is back. Pro tour has this as the winning deck, so it must be back! :lol:

Kenny_C.002
03-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Nassif Gabriel
TwelvePost
Main Deck:
16 Forest
4 Cloudpost
3 Stalking Stones
1 Blinkmoth Nexus
(24 land)

4 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Viridian Shaman
1 Darksteel Colossus
1 Platinum Angel
1 Leonin Abunas
1 Duplicant
(12 creatures)

4 Oblivion Stone
4 Tooth and Nail
2 Talisman of Unity
2 Mindslaver
4 Reap and Sow
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Oxidize
(24 other spells)

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Pulse of the Tangle
4 Tel-Jilad Chosen
1 Platinum Angel
1 Mindslaver
1 Duplicant
(15 sideboard cards)

This is the aformentioned (it's not one word, is it?) "TwelvePost" deck. This is signature of the French decks (they like big) and they find ways to play with them. It is the deck that went second...destroying the competition (WHOA!).

So how does it work? Basically, this deck uses the 4 cloud posts to generate enough mana to play anything in this deck (minus the coloured costs). Now, cloud posts are good only when they're massed out. And there are 8 cards that can search for them: Sylvan Crying and Reap and Sow.

Now you throw the biggest and baddest you can find in there (collosus and Angel!!!), stick in some mass removal and some artifact removal (essential to this block), and voila! 12post!

Notice the 4 tooth and nails in the main deck. This is to be used with entwine (SIMPLE with cloudposts) to find your biggest and play them at the same time. Your opponent will have a hard time to handle the collosus AND the Angel out at the same time. Of course, this deck uses collosus with strat: oblivion stone. Oblivion stone blows everything but lands up. But collosus is INDESTRUCTABLE (chances are, your opponent will conceed). Bye opponent! :lol:

Affinity

Ben Stark
Affinity
Main Deck:
1 Tree of Tales
3 Darksteel Citadel
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Glimmervoid
(16 land)

4 Somber Hoverguard
4 Frogmite
4 Ornithopter
4 Disciple of the Vault
3 Myr Enforcer
4 Arcbound Worker
4 Arcbound Ravager
(27 creatures)

2 Chromatic Sphere
2 Tooth of Chiss-Goria
2 Welding Jar
3 Scale of Chiss-Goria
4 Thoughtcast
4 Skullclamp
(17 other spells)

3 Terror
2 Broodstar
2 Thirst for Knowledge
4 Oxidize
1 Tree of Tales
1 Island
2 Genesis Chamber
(15 sideboard cards)

This is the oldest mechanic in the Mirrodin block that dominated. Yup, this baby dominated the regionals last year (without Darksteel), beating Astral Slide, Goblin Bidding, etc. It almost always comes on top.

First thing to notice: 16 lands is very little for pro tour. THis is probably the only archtype that actually can use this low number of lands. Everything here is predictable and notice that most of the cards are commons in this deck.

Basically, affinity uses very small stuff and mass themto make the enforcer cost nothing (and start swinging them for 4 a turn). The archbound workers make an excellent combo with skullclamp (you draw 2 cards, then transfer that counter to your enforcer lol). With disciple, you deal damage! Oh my!

Aside form having everything artifacts except for 12 cards in the deck (not including sideboard), this deck had not been like this before. IT was actually control before Darksteel (now it's beatdown like crazy). Again, you can see the numbers sothere isn't much more to say.

Oh yeah, just telling you, my deck is Affinity and it runs with main deck broodstars (Ben sideboarded them). Interesting choices...

Kenny_C.002
04-02-2004, 12:21 AM
News Important to all YGO players

Starting now, Konami has BANNED the following cards:

Fairy Injection Lily
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar
Yata Garasu
Delinquent Duo
Painful Chioce
Cange of Heart
Raigeki
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Decree

Upper Deck currently has no plans of banning, but when they get sober enough, they will do this banning on the NA boarders. For the arrogant YGO tourney players out there: NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH!!!! HA! GOTCHA!

For more information, or to find out why these were banned specifically (other than "they're all broken"), please go to:

http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugis21.htm

I agree 100% with Edo with the sole exception that I thought MORE BANNING would be needed to completely balance out the game overall. Thank you very much for reading and happy deck making without insanely broken cards!

Kenny_C.002
04-09-2004, 05:24 PM
The next block in magic is now announced.

The name of this block is "Kamigawa" meaning "god river".

With a heavy asian influence in the art, etc., this will surely be an interesting block. Ppl are already complaining that it's "portal 3" again.

The three sets of Kamigawa are:

Champions of Kamigawa
Betrayers of Kamigawa
Saviours of Kamigawa

Notice that the stroyline is already shown to you here. Anyway, should have cut off the "of Kamigawa".

The storyline of Kamigawa is currently about the people warring against their gods.

*Special report*
Kamigawa has caused a large riot of anti-Kamigawa people around the message boards of one of the popular fan sites. Apparently Kamigawa does not add to the magic-feel, rather subtracts from it. Of course, the opinion of over 80% of the people who were against it were also against Mirrodin when it came out, fearing spaceships (now known as broodstar) and lasers.
Although this seems minor, there is one thing: Kamigawa is purely Japanese, a first in magic to have set in any language other than English. The riots also are targetting this fact. (My opinion: you don't see them complaining about all of their sets in english, so I think everyone should just suck it up.)

Magare
04-10-2004, 12:44 PM
5. Dawn...

http://www.ps-games.nl/images/content/FifthDawnArt.jpg

Now call me crazy, but doesnt the art on the tournament pack look like something really familiar? Something really nice? Something......BROKEN?

Kenny_C.002
04-11-2004, 04:19 AM
How about, I'm scared out of my freaking mind seeing that guy on the theme deck box. Not IT! Anything but...IT! *runs around screaming like a school girl*

Finglonger
04-22-2004, 01:51 AM
hmm, im surprised no one is running beat stick, i thought that would have been big, hmm cant think of the standard decklist off the top of my head, but you bring out a token creature, raise the alarm or what not, then you use proteus staff to stack your deck, all lands on the bottom, bring up goblin charbelcher(you search through your library till you reach a land and it deals damage equal to the number of cards revealed, double if the land was a mountain) meh, really thought i would see some of that but oh well.

Kenny_C.002
04-22-2004, 03:02 AM
Tru. Tho it's a potentially dangerous deck, I don't think it's all that common in terms of popularity as some fo the other decks. Also, this deck relies a little too much on the almost non-existent control factor, which a deck like ravager doesn't care about (go ahead, wrath is our death sentence). I feel that's why it's not so popular.

Finglonger
04-22-2004, 05:06 AM
meh, maybe its better for casual...

Kenny_C.002
04-23-2004, 03:28 AM
Yeah. I thought so too. :P

Alakazam
05-03-2004, 06:20 PM
The name of this block is "Kamigawa" meaning "god river".

More accurately, it means 'divine river'. Though, when used as a noun, 'kami' means 'god', it would be construed as an adjective when used in a compound word like 'kamigawa' (like 'kamikaze', meaning 'divine wind', not 'god wind')

^ Don't mind me; I'm a language freak.

Anyway, the next YGO set is set to be released in the US in June or July: Ancient Sanctuary. It consists of the following two Japanese sets:

-308: Sanctuary of the Sky
-309: Pharonic Inheritance

It will have many 'fairy' type monsters as well as cards that power up low-lower, non-effect monsters.

Kenny_C.002
05-03-2004, 09:43 PM
More accurately, it means 'divine river'. Though, when used as a noun, 'kami' means 'god', it would be construed as an adjective when used in a compound word like 'kamigawa' (like 'kamikaze', meaning 'divine wind', not 'god wind')

^ Don't mind me; I'm a language freak.

Anyway, the next YGO set is set to be released in the US in June or July: Ancient Sanctuary. It consists of the following two Japanese sets:

-308: Sanctuary of the Sky
-309: Pharonic Inheritance

It will have many 'fairy' type monsters as well as cards that power up low-lower, non-effect monsters.

I didn't know that about kamigawa. :P

Kenny_C.002
05-05-2004, 04:14 AM
5th Dawn Prerelease in 2 weeks. 'Nuff said. :P

Kenny_C.002
06-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Ready?

SKULLCLAMP IS BANNED

That's right, skullclamp is banned in all type 2 and block constructed tourneys starting from the next quarter (meaning in June, this starts). Well Raffinity isn't really affected by it that much, tho it probably is hit the hardest. Gobline Bidding is now back to original form.

Pricing for clamps should be dropping as the date nears. The next going may be damping matrix (which I have no doubt will be hit a bit too).

The official announcement is here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20040601a

Kenny_C.002
06-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Release dates for M:tG sets:

Champions of Kamigawa
(306 cards, releases October 1st, 2004)

Betrayers of Kamigawa
(165 cards, releases February 4th, 2005)

Saviors of Kamigawa
(165 cards, releases June 3rd, 2005)

*Note: All boosters contain 7 commons, 3 uncommons, and 1 rare. This doesn't include packaging errors.

Unhinged
November 19th, 2004
140 cards: 55 commons, 40 uncommons, 40 rares, and 5 basic land cards
*Note: the basic lands ARE playable in tourneys w/ a black border while everything else will be silver bordered.
*Note: all boosters contain 6 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare, and 1 basic land at random. This doesn't include packaging errors

Kenny_C.002
06-28-2004, 05:16 PM
YGO News:
Angel of Sanctuary came out about a week or two ago. The "all angel (fairy -_-)" set had made a large impact on Japanese play (mainly due to the fact ath angels run wild and everyone loves angels). We'll see whether it does anything here.

M:tG News:
Fifth Dawn is now officially part of block constructed and type 2, and skullclamp leaves the two game archtypes.

9th edition votings have been happening for a few weeks now. The first week, emperor crocodile has a landslide victory over jade leech, and is included in 9th edition. The second week, we have blinding angel having an incredibly small margin of victory over dawn elemental. This week is week 3, with a VERY difficult choice: memory lapse or mana leak? Both amazing counterspells, but only one will make it in.

Magare
06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Memory lapse could make a comeback????? Interesting......... Damn, I really dont know which one to vote for......

Finglonger
07-01-2004, 08:10 AM
hmm, both decent counters, but i prefer mana leak.

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2004, 03:02 AM
I'm just gunning fo lapse. It's just that this counterspell is so fundamentally crazy. lol

EDIT:

MtG news: BIRDS OF PARADISE WILL NOT BE IN 9TH EDITION
Currently speaking, there will be a different 1 mana-costing mana accelerator that will get the nod. Anyone up for Llanowar Elves making a comeback (it's the most probable case)? Anyway, BoP WILL come back in either the Kamigawa block OR the block with its first set's name "control" (that's the 2005 block, btw). So Black bordered BoP and Llanowar Elves. COOL! :P

Kenny_C.002
08-09-2004, 10:30 PM
So it's the 9th week of voting for 9th edition, and here are what stacked up in the previous weeks:

Week 1: Emporoer Crocodile beats Jade Leech

Week 2: Blinding Angel beats Dawn Elemental (also note that Serra Angel defaults a victory)

Week 3: Mana Leak beats Memory Lapse

Week 4: Yawgmoth Demon beats Havoc Demon

Week 5: Confiscate + Rewind pwns Persuasion
Ron Spear's Dancing Scimitar goes in

Week 6: Rathi Dragon beats Goblin Goon and Barbarian Horde
Greg Staple's Mahamoti Dijinn goes in

Week 7: Temporal Adept pwns time elemental
Kev Walker's spirit link wins

Week 8: Vaishino Sandstalker pwns Vaishino Cutthroat
R.K. post beats Mark Tedin

And this week (week 9), we have the pheonix against the hammer.

I'd have to say that even though the pheonix is a pyroclasm for 7 (10 continuously) and is a 2/2 flying "beatstick" for red for the cheap cost of 5, it doesn't match up to the power of the hammer plus its return clause (as the hammer can still smack flyers).

And for art, we have elvish piper (making it for like the 4 or 5th time into a core set). Our one-sided battle is Rebecca Guay versus Terese Nielsen. Really, with the masses of Rebecca Guay fanboys out there PLUS the fact that the sketch pwns Terese's sketch pretty much garantee's Rebecca's victory. And now, the rant:

OMFG! SHE IS FINALLY BACK! YEAH! WAHOO! (<--Klonoa style) YEAH!

btw, vote for Rebecca Guay since I will suddenly have an urge to buy 9th edition elvish pipers (if she wins).

Scorch Ry
08-16-2004, 04:16 AM
YGO NEWS: In November 2004, six new YGO tins are planned to be released, with the special holo being an ALL NEW card in each one. They plan to have the following five packs: 1 Pharaonic Guardian, 1 Magician's Force, 1 Dark Crisis, 1 Invasion Of Chaos and 1 Ancient Sanctuary.

The new six cards are: Insent Queen, Total Defense Shogun, Blade Knight, Swift Gaia Of The Gale, Obnoxious Celtic Guardian and Command Knight. For more info, visit www.toywiz.com for information about these tins.

Alakazam
08-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Yu-gi-oh:

The four movie promos are now out, and can be obtained by buying a ticket for the movie:

MOV-EN001
Blue Eyes Shining Dragon
Effect Monster
[Light/Dragon/10-3000/2500]
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by offering one [Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon] on your side of the field as a tribute. Increase the attack strength of this monster by 300 for each dragon-type monster in your graveyard. You can negate the effect of Magic, Trap, and Monster cards that target this card.
Super Rare

MOV-EN002
Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Effect Monster
[Dark/Spellcaster/9-3200/2800]
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by offering 2 level 6 or higher spellcaster-type monsters on your side of the field as tributes. As long as this card remains face up on the field, you can negate the activation of trap cards and destroy them.
(Common)

MOV-EN003
Watapon
Effect Monster
[Light/Fairy/1-200/300]
Effect: If this card is added to your hand from your deck by the effect of a magic card, you can special summon this card to your side of the field.
(Common)

MOV-EN004
Pyramid of Light
Permanent Trap
Effect: If this face up card is removed from your side of the field, destroy [Andro Sphinx] and [Sphinx Telia], and remove them from play.
(Common)

The "Exclusive Pack", which is a set of eight cards, is also out now, which includes the 3 Sphinx monsters.

Also, two more sets have been released in Japan...I smell another English set coming out soon.

- [SOD] Soul of Duelist
- [RDS] Rise of Destiny

Jet
08-24-2004, 05:47 AM
Magic:

Shard Phoenix wins over Hammer of Bogardan, 55% to 45% (hmm... no comment)
Rebbeca Guay's sketch of Elvish Piper wins, 67% to 33%!!!

Blackmail wins over Addle, with a close 54.7% to 45.3% (good =P)
Puddnhead sketch of Grave Pact wins, 51.6% to 48.3%.

Now, week 11:

Animal Magnetism VS Wierd Harvest

Both are from Onslaught, both never made it to 8th ed, so now's the chance to bring 1 of them to 9th ed! (I prefer Wierd Harvest =P)

Sketch:

For Threaten, either Daren Bader's or Pete Venters' sketch, both have goblins, both harrasing someone... which one will it be? =P

Yu-gi-oh:

In relation to Zam's news on the exclusive pack, here are the cards:

EP1-EN001
Theinen the Great Sphinx
Light
10 Stars
ATK/3500 DEF/3000
[Beast/Effect]
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by paying 500 Life Points when both "Andro Sphinx" and "Sphinx Teleia" on your side of the field are destroyed at the same time; then you can Special Summon this monster from your hand or Deck. When this card is Special Summoned successfully, pay 500 Life Points to increase the ATK of this card by 3000 points until the end of the End Phase.

EP1-EN002
Andro Sphinx
Light
10 Stars
ATK/3000 DEF/2500
[Beast/Effect]
Light
10 Stars
ATK/3000 DEF/2500
[Beast/Effect]
You can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon this card when "Pyramid of Light" is on the field. This card cannot attack during the turn it was Normal Summoned or Special Summoned. This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. If this card destroys a Defense Position monster as a result of battle, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half of the ATK of the destroyed monster.

EP1-EN003
Sphinx Teleia
Light
10 Stars
ATK/2500 DEF/3000
[Beast/Effect]
You can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon this card when "Pyramid of Light" is on the field. This card cannot attack during the turn it was Normal Summoned or Special Summoned. This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. If this card destroys a Defense Position monster as a result of battle, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to half of the DEF of the destroyed monster.

EP-EN004
Peten the Dark Clown
Light
3 Stars
ATK/500 DEF/1200
[Spellcaster/Effect]
When this card is sent to your graveyard, you can remove this card from the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Peten the Dark Clown" from your hand or deck.

EP-EN005
Rare Metal Dragon
Dark
4 Stars
ATK/2400 DEF/1200
[Dragon/Effect]
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set.

EP-EN006
Familiar Knight
Dark
3 Stars
ATK/1200 DEF/1400
[Warrior/Effect]
When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, each player can Special Summon 1 level 4 monster from their hand.

EP-EN007
Inferno Tempest
[Quick-Play Spell Card]
When you take 3000 or more Battle Damage from 1 attack, you can activate this card. Remove all monsters in each player's Deck and Graveyard from play.

EP-EN008
Return from the Different Dimension
[Normal Trap Card]
Pay half of your Life Points. Special Summon as many of your monsters as possible that have been removed from play on your side of the field. During the End Phase, remove from play all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect.
(Note: Card art is wierd but cool: DD Warrior Lady, Dimensional Warrior, Ocra Mega - Fortress of Darkness, Manticore of Darkness & Air Marmot of Nefariousness coming out from "the different dimension".)

Kenny_C.002
08-25-2004, 03:32 AM
Okay guys. Here we go with a torret of magic news (it's going to be volleys):

Kamigawa block

Please refer to my other post or the link below for release dates.
Practically all the info are in the link below. It would be pointless to type it all out again (also the fact that I respect rancored_elf's hard work and don't want to steal his spotlight).

http://www.mtgnews.com/F/Topic/1091..._Informa .html

What we know so far:
60+ legends
NO multi-coloured cards (hmmmmmm..control?)
Soulshift (showcased later on a spoiler)
split cards (creatures, also in spoiler)
sorcery/instant type: arcane
Japanese/Oriental theme

The official magic site is also having stories of the legends in Kamigawa weekly starting last week until launch. For more info, click on the champs logo on the official site.

www.magicthegathering.com

Also a dragon sneak peek (official):
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_sw28_picMain_en.jpg

I'll post the spoilers in my next post. But first, unhinged news:

Unhinged

Okay okay, the logo and the symbol are here, I'll be posting more info on it as usual (however, I most likely will lay low on the spoilers, as the emphasis is still Champs of Kamigawa).

Logo:
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_arcana_634_pic1_en.jpg

Symbol:
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_arcana_634_pic2_en.jpg

Upcoming Sets (2005-2006)

A sneak peek at the 2005 sets...via the developers of the set!

Control (Fall, 2005)
Mark Rosewater (lead)
Tyler Bielman
Mike Elliot
Aaron Forsythe
Richard Garfield

Alt (Winter 2006)
Mike Elliott (lead)
Aaron Forsythe
Devin Low
Brian Schneider

Delete (Summer 2006)
Aaron Forsythe (lead)
Brandon Bozzi
Mark Gottlieb
Mark Rosewater

Snap (Fall 2006)
Brian Tinsman (lead)
Aaron Forsythe
Devin Low
Mark Rosewater

"Crackle" and "Pop" however do NOT have anyone working on it at THIS moment. Notice that MaRo still is in like half the sets while I've bolded the return of the original! lol

Kenny_C.002
08-25-2004, 03:34 AM
Okay. the spoilers:

Struggle for Sanity - 2BB
Sorcery
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. That player sets aside a card from it, then you set aside a card from it. Repeat this process until all cards in that hand have been set aside. That player returns the cards he or she set aside to his or her hand and puts the rest into his or her graveyard.
Illus. Randy Gallegos
145/306
Uncommon

Swallowing Plague - XBB
Sorcery - Arcane
Swallowing Plague deals X damage to target creature and you gain X life.
"We are recalling all forces from the Takenuma Swamp. We lose men daily to kami attacks, and it seems our defeats only encourage them further." - General Takeno, letter to Lord Konda
Illus. Dave Dorman
146/306
Uncommon

Thief of Hope - 2B
Creature - Spirit
Whenever you play a Spirit or Arcane spell, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Soulshift 2 (When this is put into a graveyard from play, you may return target Spirit card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your graveyard to your hand.)
2/2
Illus. Tim Hildebrandt
147/306
Uncommon

Villainous Ogre - 2B
Creature - Ogre Warrior
Villainous Ogre can't block.
As long as you control a Demon, Villainous Ogre has "B: Regenerate Villainous Ogre."
"The war saw the ogres emerge from their caves, reeking of blood, with the power of oni in their veins." - Observations of the Kami War
3/2
Illus. Tony Szczudlo
148/306
Common

Akki Lavarunner - 3R
Creature - Goblin Warrior
Haste
When Akki Lavarunner deals damage to an opponent, flip it.
[Tok-Tok, Volcano Born
Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
Protection from red
If a red source would deal damage to a player, it deals that much damage plus 1 instead.
2/2]
1/1
Illus. Matt Cavotta
153/306
Rare
http://cards.mtgnews.com/Cards/CK/Akki_Lavarunner.html

The "Fox Cleric" (the actual card is in the link below. It can also be seen on the first link I gave):
http://forums.mtgnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28890

Kenny_C.002
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
RED HOT NEWS!

A NEW LEGENDS RULE IS UPON US!

The new rule states that if a legend come into play with a legend with the SAME name already in play, BOTH COPIES ARE DESTROYED REGARDLESS. so let's say your opponent has Akroma out. You can play Akroma and BOTH copies die, rather than just yours. This makes it so that legends no longer becomes a competition to see who gets to it first. This WILL affect all LEGENDARY permanents.

WE also now have a new keyword for "this creature doesn't tap to attack": Viligance.

Bushido is basically pumping when you attack or block regardless.

O, did you guys think INDESTRUCTABLE is just for Darksteel? Ha!

So you want more spoilers EH? Well you got it. Previews on the official site has started already. I'll be posting those too.

Reciprocate - W
Instant
Remove from the game target creature that dealt damage to you this turn.
Uncommon

Hinder - 1UU
Instant
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put that spell on the top or on the bottom of its owner's library insead of his or her graveyard.
Uncommon

Waking Nightmare - 2B
Sorcery - Arcane
Target player discards two cards.
"Once each year, the oni and other evil spirits paraded through villages to disturb mortals' sleep. During the war, this parade became a nightly event." - Observations of the Kami War
Illus. Mitch Cotie
149/306
Common

Wicked Akuba - BB
Creature - Spirit
B: Target player dealt damage by Wicked Akuba this turn loses 1 life.
The sound of children weeping is a song that fills its heart with joy.
2/2
Illus. Ittoku
250/306
Common

Akki Avalanchers - R
Creature - Goblin
Sacrifice a land: Akki Avalanchers get +2/+0 until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.
Among Godo's hordes, "beware of falling rocks" came to mean "akki live nearby."
1/1
Illus. Matt Thompson
251/306
Common

Akki Coalflinger - 1R
Creature - Goblin Shaman
First Strike
R,{Tap}: Attacking creatures gain first strike until end of turn.
No matter where you find them, goblins love rocks.
2/2
Illus. Nottsuo
252/306
Uncommon

Saying legends, here's a legend for you to drool over. (something tells me that guy looks so much like...the preview art).
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/CHK93299_YoseiTheMorningStar.jpg

Did you think I was DONE? Did you guys think for a second that Samauraiis and ninjas aren't possiblities? Did you think indestrctable is broken? eat the master.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/CHK74870_KondaLordOfEiganjo.jpg

Jet
08-31-2004, 08:56 AM
MUST... HAVE... KONDA!!!!

LOL...

anyways:

SHOCKING YUGIOH NEWS!!! (well, to americans I guess...):

Starting september 1, a fully-packed list of BANNED cards in tournaments have been listed, also, the restricted and semi-limited cards are also adjusted:
(Note that this list is the japan based rulings...)

Banned Cards

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Messenger of the End
YataGarasu
Black Forest Witch
Sangan
Raigeki
Harpy's Featherduster
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Delinquent Duo
Graceful Charity
United We Stand
Imperial Order
Mirror Force

Restricted - 1 Per Deck
Protector of the Sanctuary
Injection Angel Lily
Cyber Jar
Fiber Jar
Morphing Jar #1
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Dark Magician of Chaos
Jinzo
Vampire Lord
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Reflect Bounder
Magical Scientist
Sinister Serpent
Twin-Headed Behemoth
Exiled Force
Exodia the Forbidden One
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON!!!
Painful Choice
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed
Mirage of Nightmares
Premature Burial
Heavy Storm
Snatch Steal
The Forceful Sentry
Confiscation
Card Destruction
Mage Power
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Swords of Revealing Light
Upstart Goblin
Torrential Tribute
Sixth Sense (???)
Deck Destruction Virus of Death (Crush Card)
Call of the Haunted
Ring of Destruction
Magical Cylinder
Reversal of Worlds (???)
Ceasefire Treaty
Reckless Greed

Semi-Restricted - 2 Per Deck

Manticore of Darkness
Executioner Makyura
Marauding Captain
Morphing Jar #2
Nobleman of Crossout
Last Turn
Creature Swap
Reinforcements of the Army

(heck, it's tournaments... so casual play, apply the old rules =P)

Kenny_C.002
09-01-2004, 05:22 AM
More Kamigawa spoilers:

I've found the purpose of arcane cards!!!! YAY!

Blessed Breath - W
Instant - Arcane
Target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Splice onto Arcane W (As you play an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
1/306
Common

Eight-and-a-Half-Tails - WW
Legendary Creature - Fox Cleric
1W: Target permanent you control gains protection from white until end of turn.
1: Target spell or permanent becomes white until end of turn.
2/2
8/306
Rare

Hondon of Cleansing Fire - 3W
Legendary Enchantment - Shrine
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life for each Shrine you control.
14/306
Uncommon

Nagao, Bound by Honor - 3W
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai
Bushido 1
Whenever Nagao, Bound by Honor attacks, Samurai you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
3/3
36/306
Uncommon

Jushi Apprentice - 1U
Creature - Human Wizard
2U, T: Draw a card. If you have nine or more cards in hand, flip Jushi Apprentice.
///////Split Creature///////
Tomaya the Revealer
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
3UU, T: Target player draws X cards, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
P/T: 2/3
1/2
70/306
Rare

Myojin of Seeing Winds - 7UUU
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Myojin of Seeing Winds comes into play with a divinity counter on it if you played it from your hand.
Myojin of Seeing Winds is indestructible as long as it has a divinity counter on it.
Remove a divinity counter from Myojin of Seeing Winds: Draw a card for each permanent you control.
3/3
75/306
Rare

Cranial Extraction - 3B
Sorcery - Arcane
Name a nonland card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with that name and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
105/306
Rare

Godo, Bandit Warlord - 5R
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian
When Godo, Bandit Warlord comes into play, you may search your library for an Equipment card and put it into play. If you do, shuffle your library.
Whenever Godo attacks for the first time each turn, untap it and all Samurai you control. After this phase, you get an additional combat phase.
3/3
169/306
Rare

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - 2RRR
Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
Haste
T: Put a creature token into play that's a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control. That creature token has haste. Sacrifice it at end of turn.
2/2
Unknown

Ryusei, the Falling Star - 4RR
Legendary Creature - Dragon Spirit
Flying
When Ryusei, the Falling Star is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 5 damage to each creature without flying.
5/5
Rare

Glimpse of Nature - G
Sorcery
Whenever you play a creature spell this turn, draw a card.
Unknown

Sakura-Tribe Elder - 1G
Creature - Snake Shaman
Sacrifice Sakura-Tribe Elder: Search your library for a basic land card, put that card into play tapped, then shuffle your library.
1/1
Unknown (I think it's common tho)

Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Legendary Land
Boseiju, Who Shelters All comes into play tapped.
Pay 2 life, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Unknown

Note that there are some cards that are still "pending" in terms of whether the card is real or not (there's no pic). But hold your breathes.

And the official spoiler that will literally make me want to go out and GET Kamigawa:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/CHK84918_TimeStop.jpg

Allow me to explain this card.

Yes, the most effective time is to play it during your opponent's upkeep. If they stupidly activate abilities of cards, you REMOVE them abilties from the game. So they won't get the effects at all...but they would have paid for it.

Okay, now you can take this later. If they play a spell, you can use this card as a counter...and remove that card on the stack FROM THE GAME. Yes, they play a Darksteel Collosus, you can use this to REMOVE it from the game. No fuss. No muss.

Okay, then there's cycling. They stupidly cycle decree of justice and paid all their mana for soldier tokens. What do you do? You play Time Stop. Now...the cycling is countered along with the justice's ability. Storm? ALL copies countered. Too bad our buddy will be removed from the game whenever its played.

So all in all, you can use it as a super counterspell, able to counter everything on a stack, or as an expensive way to gain an extra turn (still better than the 7-costing one)...with your opponent being able to untap tho.

Jet
09-01-2004, 08:25 AM
More Kamigawa spoilers:

I've found the purpose of arcane cards!!!! YAY!

Blessed Breath - W
Instant - Arcane
Target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Splice onto Arcane W (As you play an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
1/306
Common

Wait a minute... so... this is sorta like madness, but you don't discard, and u still apply the effect?

Kenny_C.002
09-02-2004, 02:41 AM
Wait a minute... so... this is sorta like madness, but you don't discard, and u still apply the effect?

Absolutely different from madness, this ability. Basically, when you play an arcane spell, you can reveal this card and pay the splice cost. If you do, PUT THAT DARN CARD BACK INTO YOUR HAND and copy it onto the arcane spell. Essentially you can start adding more effects to arcane spells this way by having lots of splice cards. From the wording, it seems that the splice becomes a second part of the spell, so if the spell is countered, the whole thing is countered.

Kenny_C.002
09-02-2004, 05:11 AM
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/CHK55406_MarrowGnawer.jpg

Yeah, sue me for showing you the rat lord.

and I shall now quote MaGo:
DJOGnba&sdlmnZ==aefn zd get off me djngf[LEJN Scott sldfkgn/E OW 809hbmn , cvasodih 0e 89ts#kd AOB sjd%ng9ouw owowowowowow nm(jsn uiweEFnf0uih my ear dsJNu+ohb9873 dn dub&gt;nQA9Udrkj

That means we're not going to see his underlings...if any. Ooooo! suspense! :P

Jet
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
O_O

fortunately, I haven't traded my relentless ones... what other rats are there???

Kenny_C.002
09-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Chittering Rats
Ravoneous Rats
Crypt Rats

And the list goes on! But I'm too lazy to find them for you. :P

Magare
09-14-2004, 11:59 PM
I just played Kamigawa!!!!!!!

I'm good with our local distributor, and despite the fact that the prerelease is on sunday, we had a little tournament of our own today :wink: .

I must say, I'm pretty pleased with it. Unlike Onslaught and Mirrodin this block doesnt seem that fast to me. Playing more than 3 colors (if you dare play 3, trust me, its a risk) is something that you can not do...

By the way, the rares I opened (and I dont know how many of them have been shown already) are:

Konda, Lord of Eiganjo 5WW
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai

Vigilance
Budshido 5
Indestructable

3/3

Hold the Line 1WW
Instant
Blocking creatures get +7+7 until EOT

Moonring mirror

*too long to write, this card was already published on the internet...*

Glimpse of Nature G
Sorcery
Whenever you play a creature spell this turn, draw a card

Hisoka, Minamo Sensei 2UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

2U, Discard a card:Counter target spell if it has the same converted mana cost as the discarded card.

1/3

Ofcourse, the only card I am currently interested in seeing (the green dragon) was not opened. I've seen all the other dragons. Art, abilities, names, but not the green one! WHY ARE THEY HIDING HIM??????

Alakazam
11-01-2004, 03:57 AM
Urgh...I don't like Bushido. It takes my small white creatures down too quickly...and my life. >_<

Kenny_C.002
11-01-2004, 04:12 AM
Urgh...I don't like Bushido. It takes my small white creatures down too quickly...and my life. >_<

You'll ba happy to know that most of the weenies from this set also have bushido. :P

Alakazam
11-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Hmmm *tries to think of ways to tie it into his healing theme*

Jet
11-01-2004, 04:31 AM
Lol... Sensei Golden Tail pwns all =P, equipped with Lightning Greaves

Simplest way to kill bushido-ers... is the ol' fashion way... destroy them XP

Kenny_C.002
11-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Hmmm *tries to think of ways to tie it into his healing theme*

Healing theme? Don't tell me you've got a stash of them Test of Endurance lying around. lol

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM
"This year's World Championship Decks will be available on Tuesday, November 23rd. The decks are Julien Nuijten's Eternal Slide, Aeo Paquette's Affinity, Manuel Bevand's Ironworks, and Gabriel Nassif's Blue-White Control."

Straight from some chick in wizards. :P

So yeah, anything else before I go and gnaw on wizards for no including a T&N deck?

Unhinged?

Oh! Previews this week. The cards are out in 2 weeks tops. That, or I'll get an ass whoopin' in the city of ass. :crackup:

Jet
11-10-2004, 12:55 AM
The UN is here!!! XD

lol, Ass whupin' is cool... how about some card that changes the color of the border =P

the new preview:

http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/World_Bottling_Kit.jpg

lol, Visara and... uh... Silvos???

anyway... there's another Orb... make that Jack in the Box of insight... here's what I tried

- 0 Chicken (WHAT?!?)
- 0 Jester
- 1 Mox
- 4 Wizard
- 6 Beast
- 13 ASS
- 8 Donkey
- 7 Monkey
- 18 Human
- 5 Legendary
- 0 Cow
- 3 Knights (wonder what it could be this time XP)
- 16 artifact
- 8 land
- 12 Goblin
- 1 Elf (???)
- 0 Spirit (figures =P)
- 2 Bird
- 14 Remove
- 7 Win (o_O)
- 4 Lose
- 1 Golem
- 0 Vampire
- 2 Horror

Bah, I've run out of ideas XD

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2004, 01:27 AM
wtf no chickens? Oh right, Mark said he replaced chickens with asses instead. :P

Kenny_C.002
11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
The time has come. November 20: UNHINGED BEGINS.

Jet
11-19-2004, 02:47 AM
lol, where'd u get the motha of runes? is THERE such a card in unhinged? haven't been updated... =P

Kenny_C.002
11-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Uhh....internet? I haven't seen the real card yet. Can't wait for necroimpotence! :P

Jet
11-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Lol... I'll just place some of the cards here then =P

http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/Cheatyface.jpg

http://mi.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/frazzled_editor.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/unhinged/Assquatch.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/unhinged/Atinlay_Igpay.jpg

Kenny_C.002
11-21-2004, 03:30 AM
I love Pig Latin. :P

btw, translation:
Pig Latin 5W
Creature - pig
double strike
whenever pig latin's controller speaks a non-pig-latin word, sacrifice pig latin.
3/3

HAHAHAHAHA! :P

Kenny_C.002
01-13-2005, 04:27 AM
Betrayers of Kamigawa: Next week begins the ninja....the samurai...the spirits...a whole bunch of spirits with non-spirits...and arcane spells...and a removal theme....AND AETHER CHAINS (renamedto quash...need 4 copies of that)...next week begins the slaughter and Toshiro (aka the closest thing to Yawgmoth's will they'll ever make).

Jet
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
lol... Toshiro is cool... though a bit underpowered... I mean, he could've gotten Bushido 2 or First Strike and 2/1 instead... as for the playing of instants... does that mean you don't pay the cost of the instants? well, if you do, it's gonna be kinda hard... I mean, go ahead Kenny... make a deck around him... other than the one wizards did =P... he has potential, but I thought he'd be better... I think he's an 8/10

and damn... february?!? gah... and it's not damn fair... I bought the Kami Reborn deck, and there were 2 Honden of Night's Reach!!! gah... screw it... I'm gonna try to make a Ninja deck in Betrayers... In Champions I did the Spirit theme, and kinda the Snake theme... I'll try Ninjas... oh, and Ink-Eyes will be a Rat Ninja right? o_O

Kenny_C.002
01-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I made 2 arcane decks (one beatdown, one control) and a land-d deck with CHK. lol no tribal there.

Anyway. Toshi has potential man. This little survivor can only make cards able to be played from the grave for free.

Honden of night's reach is good (tho never as good as the blue one, being the best of the 5) and it's found a home with my black casual discard deck. Yup...with my twin shortfangs, twin hymns, 0 duress, 2 dark rituals....and stuff. :P I noticed turn 2 hondens are evil (less evil than turn 1 hyppie). :P

Jet
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
err... beatdown???? how? o_O

oh, since Toshi is free, then ok, he's good =P

Of course 2 hondens are good... but the fact is I got 2 Honden of NIGHT'S REACH!!! not 1 Honden of Night's Reach, and 1 Honden of Life's Web... but 2 Night's Reach!!!

bah... oh well... Life's Web is good though, I mean, come on, Devouring Greed can do much damage with just 5 spirits... and err, u DO realize that a HONDEN is LEGENDARY... so you can only have 1 Night's reach is in pay...

oh, and is this a bargain? Myojin of Life's Web for just $2.something???

oh, and u didn't answer my question, will Ink-Eyes be a Rat Ninja? I'm certainly planning to make a Ninja deck... hope there would be something like this:

Secret Scroll of the Ninjas
Artifact
Activated abilities of Ninjas you control cost 1 less to play.
Ninjas you control get +1/+1.

lol, so their Ninjitsu would cost 1 less to play... cool lol

Kenny_C.002
01-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Ink eyes is a rat ninja from the spoilers I saw yes.

Kenny_C.002
01-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Ugh. Darn it. Okay what happens is that Toshi does NOT allow FREE casting of the instant card. Essentially it gives the instant flashback for its cost. Sorry for the confusion.

Jet
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
oh... er... okay o_O

Ink-Eyes is cool... yeah, got to have her... that didn't sound right... you know what I meant... I mean, Higure + Ink-Eyes is reanimation like crap... plus you got your Distress, Waking Nightmare, and shiz.

As for Toshiro... oh well, flashback is still nice =P

Kenny_C.002
01-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Okay man. Prerelease for Betrayers just ended, Ink-Eyes was indeed the prerelease card. :P

Jet
01-23-2005, 08:02 AM
she was?!? NOOOOOOOO... SHOULD'VE JOINED!!! GAH...

oh well... =P... damn Azami's Familiar... Scry is back =P

Kenny_C.002
01-23-2005, 07:39 PM
But you see, Azami pwnzers. :P

Jet
02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Pardon the old revive post... but this IS recent new related to the other cards section... and I do think that making a new one is really uneccessary seeing that this topic will just die and be revived anyway...

ok, BREAKING NEWS, Yu-gi-oh!

There's a new ban list out folks... and trust me... its gonna be one heck of a list!!! COME ON... 2 VAMPIRE LORDS?!?

BANNED:

Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Change of Heart
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Confiscation
Dark Hole
Fiber Jar
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Magical Scientist
Makyura the Destructor
Mirage of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
Painful Choice
Raigeki
The Forceful Sentry
Witch of the Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

RESTRICTED:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Call of the Haunted
Card Destruction
Ceasefire
Cyber Jar
D. D. Warrior Lady
Dark Magician of Chaos
Deck Devastation Virus
Delinquent Duo
Exiled Force
Exodia the Forbidden One
Graceful Charity
Heavy Storm
Injection Fairy Lily
Jinzo
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Lightning Vortex
Mage Power
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force
Morphing Jar
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Greed
Premature Burial
Protector of the Sanctuary
Reckless Greed
Reflect Bounder
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One
Ring of Destruction
Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
Sangan
Sinister Serpent
Snatch Steal
Swords of Revealing Light
Torrential Tribute
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Twin-Headed Behemoth
United We Stand

SEMI-RESTRICTED

Abyss Soldier
Creature Swap
Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow
Emergency Provisions
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Gravity Bind
Last Turn
Level Limit - Area B
Manticore of Darkness
Marauding Captain
Night Assailant
Nobleman of Crossout
Reinforcement of the Army
Upstart Goblin
Vampire Lord

Okay... I am not that outraged by this list... I'm only furious that they brought back Delinquent Duo and Mirror Force... DAMN IT....

anyway, I will be putting these suggestions in replacement of the new list:

The Forceful Sentry / Confiscation - D Duo of course... others could be Lightforce Sword and D.D. Designator. Hey, it worked for me

Change of Heart - Enemy Controller... though it's really expensive nowadays... a good substitute now is Brain Control... wait... scratch that... Brain Control sux... Brain Jacker is good though... excuse me... "Brain HIJacker"... Upper Deck thought that the name was too... "unsettling"...

Magical Scientist - It's a pity that this little guy is banned... well... yeah, seeing that the Spirit Reaper / Creature Swap / Magical Scientist combo is working VERY well... Metamorphosis + Book of Moon/Tsukiyomi is the only good substitute for the scientist

Butterfly Dagger-Elma - Alas... the Gearfried + Dagger + Library combo can no longer be done... What can be a good substitute? Hmm... NONE... unless you count A) "Spell Economics / Dark Magician of Chaos / Dimension Fusion / Catapult Turtle combo" and B) "Tsukiyomi / Magician of Faith / Book of Taiyou / Ultimate Offering combo"

as for others... think about it...

and what is this combo with Makyura / Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow / Call of the Haunted thing?

Kenny_C.002
02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
As an analysis, confication + forceful is actually MUCH weaker than duo at least by 10 fold. From this list I can see a quicker environment, but duo should never have been unbanned IMO, as it's too powerful at a YGO card (its power level is among yata and CED actually, but nobody ever really recognizes that).

I can see problems with the searcher sangan returning, as again this can help fuel some quicker games. Don't ask me about details on the other things. lol

Kenny_C.002
03-01-2005, 05:25 AM
huge, HUGE !*!@#*!%# news!!!!!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20050301a

That is correct, you didn't see wrong, affinity gets the shaft:

RAVAGER!
DISCIPLE!
ALL 6 ARTIFACT LANDS!

Can I say that this is the largest T2 ban in the history of magic? 9 banned cards (counting skullclamp) from a SINGLE block. WOW!!!!

Jet
03-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Yes... it's a REALLY big mistake unbanning Delinquent Duo... it's like... in magic...

2B
Delinquent duo
Sorcery
You may pay 3 life to pay this card's cost instead of its mana cost.
Target player discards a card at random, then discards a card from his/her hand.

damn... At least Sangan is back... and Exodia decks will be faster... one thing I'm worried about is Vampire Lord... damn it... oh well

Wait a minute... ARTIFACT LANDS ARE BANNED?!? WTFOMGBBQ?!? I understand in banning Ravager and Disciple... but the LANDS?!? COME ON!!! THEY'RE FREAKIN' LANDS!!! If they wanna ban something, BAN CRANIAL EXTRACTION... BAN CRANIAL PLATING... BAN EVERYTHING WITH CRANIAL IN ITS NAME! ESPECIALLY CRANIAL PLATING!!! but why the lands?!? gah... wizards just keeps getting stranger and stranger... well... at least we'll get to see affinity out of the meta-game... kinda... that's one good thing about this banning... AFFINITY FOR ARTIFACTS IS GONE... SO IS RAVAGER... I like Affinity myself, but the whole typical myr enforcer/frogmite/qumulox/etc etc thing... Thoughtcast and Assert are my kind of affinity... bah...

Kenny_C.002
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Actually it's more like the duo costs B to begin with. O_O

I personally thought the lands should have been banned, but not ravager (I give the nod on Disciple, as I was iffy on it). The main reasoning behind it is that the lands gave cranial plating wayyyyyyyyy too much power. Secondly, the lands gave 2 mana in affinity, making it more like a 1-sided mana flare for free. Thirdly, ravager wouldn't have enough fodder now that the lands are gone. Fourthly the lands were way too convienent to build disciple's power.

Without the lands, affinity can't do jack with cranial plating, you see? And by not banning the lands, you're still dealing with turn 3 enforcers for free, which is also a crazy problem.

IMO in all of the scenerios, I would have preferred ravager to stay...but that couldstill potentially make affinity still the top dog...

Seriously it was either ban all the lands or ban all the affinity cards: lands would have been the better choice.