PDA

View Full Version : HG/SS Visible at gamestop (not released)

Peace Buyer
02-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Ok, I live in Oklahoma and I went onpost today and saw the Game cover on Display at Gamestop today, I didnt feel like asking the dumb question "is it out yet?".

Has anyone else experinced this?

Bumblebee16
02-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok, I live in Oklahoma and I went onpost today and saw the Game cover on Display at Gamestop today, I didnt feel like asking the dumb question "is it out yet?".

Probably just for advertising, they sometimes put that stuff up just for show. But I haven't gone to GameStop lately, planning on going then end of next week.

Peace Buyer
02-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Probably just for advertising, they sometimes put that stuff up just for show. But I haven't gone to GameStop lately, planning on going then end of next week.

I'm serious, I'm paranoid, I almost decided to rob that Gamestop and take all of them

Phantom Kat
02-13-2010, 12:44 AM

I live in South Texas, and when I went to my local GameStop to get Pikachu-Colored Pichu and pre-order Soul Silver, they also DS game cases with the cover art (and the back art, too). I don't know if they have the actual games already. *shrugs*

Don't steal, though. That's bad. :>

- Kat

Bumblebee16
02-13-2010, 12:49 AM
I live in South Texas, and when I went to my local GameStop to get Pikachu-Colored Pichu and pre-order Soul Silver, they also DS game cases with the cover art (and the back art, too). I don't know if they have the actual games already. *shrugs*

Don't steal, though. That's bad. :>

- Kat

I live in that area too so I'll go check my GS sometime soon.

Peace Buyer
02-13-2010, 12:49 AM
I know that Kat, I just got sooooo tempted

Pokemon_Ron
02-13-2010, 04:55 AM
LOL, it's a blank box with just the cover art. They do that with any big cames with their release dates coming up.

Professor Geoffrey
02-13-2010, 05:43 AM
The funny thing is, though, that at my GameStop, they put the HG/SS art in an unused PS2 case. xD

Yeah, it's definitely for advertising. They won't have actual copies of HG/SS for weeks... but then again, each GameStop tests each game before they come out, but I don't know what times those periods occur...

I actually learned that GameStop and Toys R Us, when they get events, they get these game cartridges much like DS games (they probably are DS cartridges, by the way) that allow them to distribute the Pokémon. Apparently they're rare, and very hard to get, because normally, they probably just either file them away or toss them, I guess. I don't know. But I want one so badly. Dx

Lord Fedora
02-13-2010, 05:52 AM
The funny thing is, though, that at my GameStop, they put the HG/SS art in an unused PS2 case. xD

Yeah, it's definitely for advertising. They won't have actual copies of HG/SS for weeks... but then again, each GameStop tests each game before they come out, but I don't know what times those periods occur...

I actually learned that GameStop and Toys R Us, when they get events, they get these game cartridges much like DS games (they probably are DS cartridges, by the way) that allow them to distribute the Pokémon. Apparently they're rare, and very hard to get, because normally, they probably just either file them away or toss them, I guess. I don't know. But I want one so badly. Dx
Imagine how much they'd go for on the Black Nerd Market. *drools*

I haven't been to Gamestop recently, but I intend to go soon to pick up a new DS and Platinum so I'll see then.

Pokemon_Ron
02-13-2010, 05:54 AM

My friend worked at Gamestop and he told me with the events Nintendo sends them a special DS cardtridge. If something happens to the cartridge, then that Gamestop won't have events anymore.

Professor Geoffrey
02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
My friend worked at Gamestop and he told me with the events Nintendo sends them a special DS cardtridge. If something happens to the cartridge, then that Gamestop won't have events anymore.

Oh my. Sounds like possible other lawsuit events may ensue. o.o

So, that pretty much crushes my dream of ever getting one of those cartridges... Dx