PDA

View Full Version : Jirachi Moveset

Deoxysfan3
07-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Our family's japanese exchange student has a Jirachi Lv.100.Here is its moveset since it's Japanese I don't know its nature.So here it goes:
Jirachi Lv.100
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Doom Desire
Psychic

Just rate his pokemon don't change.Thank you.

Dragon_Seeker
07-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Our family's japanese exchange student has a Jirachi Lv.100.Here is its moveset since it's Japanese I don't know its nature.So here it goes:
Jirachi Lv.100
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Doom Desire
Psychic

3/10.

1 Point because it's Jirachi and its not a POS like Luvdisc, 1 Point for Thunderbolt, 1 Point for Psychic, and -7 for having no Calm Mind, Substitute, Wish, packing 2 attacks with the same effect, using Doom Desire and for everything else I may have missed.

Wait, that would make its score -4/10...

Regice 2005
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Though I agree that this is a horrible jirachi I just have one other thing to add to your post Dragon_Seeker. Jirachi may actually use thunder better than thunderbolt because with serene grace the par rate for thunder goes up to a mighty 60%.

Jirachi rate: 2/10
1 beacause you picked sp moves
2 because you picked psychic for stab

Exon Auxus
07-30-2005, 01:43 AM
2/10

*sigh* I've seen much better movesets. Doom Desire is the best move though.

Iceman3k
07-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Jirachi Lv.100
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Doom Desire
Psychic

Okay then.

It sucks. First for the fact that it has 2 Electric Attacks. Second for the fact that Calm Mind isn't in there somewhere, and Thirdly because Doom Desire is like Future Sight. It only does a certain amount of Damage. For a number rating, this gets a 3/10. It gets points for Thunderbolt and Psychic, but everything else is just sad.

And what is it with you and the "Rate, don't change anything" routine anyway?

Dragon_Seeker
07-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Though I agree that this is a horrible jirachi I just have one other thing to add to your post Dragon_Seeker. Jirachi may actually use thunder better than thunderbolt because with serene grace the par rate for thunder goes up to a mighty 60%.

Well, it really depends on the Jirachi, right? I mean, it depends on what type of Jirachi you're training - defensive versions tend to abuse the 60% parlysis chance that Thunder affords, while the offensive versions tend to use Thunderbolt because, well, sweepers hate missing. Sometimes I've seen Ice Punch, 20% Freeze is pretty hot, but Thunderbolt/Thunder are better/more popular generally.

Although, Ice Punch is a very nice shock to random Claydols (you know, the select few that weren't wiped out when Tyraniboah was introduced to the metagame).

Deoxysfan3
07-30-2005, 02:43 PM
There are 2 things I need to mention.1.Jirachi is an in-game pokemon.If you want to change it thats fine.2.I also have a Jirachi Lv.5.Here is its future moveset

Jirachi@Leftovers
Psychic
Wish
Calm Mind
Double-Edge

How do you like it.

Bravo Leader
07-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't think you should give it double edge. Since you are using the calm mind set then I would suggest giving it thunderbolt instead.

Regice 2005
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
There are 2 things I need to mention.1.Jirachi is an in-game pokemon.If you want to change it thats fine.2.I also have a Jirachi Lv.5.Here is its future moveset

Jirachi@Leftovers
Psychic
Wish
Calm Mind
Double-Edge

How do you like it.

double edge should be replaced by either thunder or thunderbolt. As Dragon Seeker said which move you want to use there depends on what kind of jirachi you want. Mainly since you aren't doing evs you would probably decide by looking at its personality and what you personally want your jirachi to do.

The End
07-31-2005, 01:53 PM
2/10

use thunder, cm, sub, wish

404 hp so he can kill blissey.

Regice 2005
07-31-2005, 06:34 PM
']2/10

use thunder, cm, sub, wish

404 hp so he can kill blissey.

but then a ground type switches in and you are forced to loose all your calmminds as well as giving the opponent a free turn on the switch. Its gernerally better to use psychic over subsitute. You can still beat blisseys by wishing albeit not as easily and you are suceptible to status but at least you arn't completely beaten by any ground type.

Edit: Also its highly unlikely that he will be able to achieve 404 subs ingame seeing as he doesn't even train for evs.