PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2

Stardy
02-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Why is there a not a thread for this game yet. It's probably the best thing ever released on the Xbox 360.

And I'm serious. Probably just the fact I've became a total fanboy for the series and stuff thanks to the game, but yeah, everything in it and about it was just fantastic. From the storyline to the gameplay, the fact all of the party members had a cool little past and backstory and even the easter eggs and small, randomly added things (such as Legion Beatboxing and doing the Robot, Blasto the Spectre and the Quarian talking with the Turian about the Human she dumped, as a shot at people who complained about no Tali as a romance option in ME1). Yeah, it was just, overall, a fantastic game.

First playthrough as an Infiltrator, completed everything with no deaths. Tactical Cloak is an amazing thing.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I also think it's the best game on the 360, even though it's not an exclusive. I think ME1 had better level up and stat distribution systems (ME2 felt shallow in comparison), but that's just because the combat in ME2 is so vastly improved that it relies more on skill and less on stat distribution, so it's a minor complaint.

Definitely up there with Bioshock 2 as a GOTY contender.

Judge Dredd
02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I was a huge fan of ME1...however the rings of death have stopped me from playing the new version. I just need some money to get the ol xbox fixed. Better yet, i might get the elite.
does anyone play on a tube tv, because ive heard its really hard to read along with the story

Ayotui
02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
i havent played ms1 but i am planning on buying this one, anybody know if it comes out in any other consoles?

edit: nvm i googled it. and i found a review of it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EoxK8Dc28)

Seawolf
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
I also think it's the best game on the 360, even though it's not an exclusive. I think ME1 had better level up and stat distribution systems (ME2 felt shallow in comparison), but that's just because the combat in ME2 is so vastly improved that it relies more on skill and less on stat distribution, so it's a minor complaint.

Definitely up there with Bioshock 2 as a GOTY contender.

Totally agree. I'm fairly positive that BioWare dumbed down the RPG aspects of ME2 entirely to appeal to a wider audience. I miss the complexity of ME1, personally.

Along with the mineral scanning, those are my only gripes with the game. Otherwise, I think it was a worthy sequel and I absolutely cannot wait for the next one.

I kind of miss the Mako though. I hope the Hammerhead vehicle is released as DLC soon.

Haze
02-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I actually liked ME1 better :x

It's still a great game, but the addition of ammo and the dumbing down of the leveling system made me sad. Also Insane is so much harder than on the first game.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
02-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Totally agree. I'm fairly positive that BioWare dumbed down the RPG aspects of ME2 entirely to appeal to a wider audience. I miss the complexity of ME1, personally.

Along with the mineral scanning, those are my only gripes with the game. Otherwise, I think it was a worthy sequel and I absolutely cannot wait for the next one.

I kind of miss the Mako though. I hope the Hammerhead vehicle is released as DLC soon.

I also wasn't too fond of the mineral scanning but I thought it was much better than driving around huge, empty, jagged planets with the clunky Mako (which a part of me misses as well, truth be told). If a new vehicle was released as DLC, I wonder if they'd go back and add open terrain to some of the planets?

I didn't mind the addition of ammo. If I actually ran out of assault rifle ammo in a firefight, I was like "oh look, I have these other weapons and oh look, they're actually pretty effective!".

One thing I loved about ME2 was how every party member had a personal side-quest, and how involving they were, right down to having the character mandatory in your party. And the cast of characters is very diverse and well-rounded.

Stardy
02-19-2010, 08:02 PM
On the Mako Subject: I too miss it, however, thinking back, it's controls and gameplay was quite weird, to say the least. I like the new scanner (after I found out it's fun to play world domination with it. HAH, TAKE THAT POLAND.), but yeah, I do miss the Mako. If they fixed the gameplay and stuff, it would be awesome to see as DLC.

Speaking of which, I really want to get Xbox Live back so I can download Zaeed. Looks badass from the stuff I've seen of him.

I did love Mass Effect 1 lots, and miss stuff like the old equipment menu and the level up menu, but yeah, I prefered Mass Effect 2 much more. If only just for the fact that cover is A now and not Run Into Wall Untill You Cover. That annoyed my to no end.

Haze
02-19-2010, 08:28 PM
I didn't mind the addition of ammo. If I actually ran out of assault rifle ammo in a firefight, I was like "oh look, I have these other weapons and oh look, they're actually pretty effective!

That's a lot harder when your only weapons are sniper rifles with low ammo and pistols lol

Seawolf
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
If a new vehicle was released as DLC, I wonder if they'd go back and add open terrain to some of the planets?

The Hammerhead has been confirmed as upcoming DLC, but BioWare's keeping silent about it. Unfortunately, I think it might just be used for the 12th squad member's loyalty mission or something.

Speaking of which, I really want to get Xbox Live back so I can download Zaeed. Looks badass from the stuff I've seen of him.

I thought he was an underdeveloped jackass, but at least he's free.

Stardy
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
The Hammerhead has been confirmed as upcoming DLC, but BioWare's keeping silent about it. Unfortunately, I think it might just be used for the 12th squad member's loyalty mission or something.

12th Squad Member? Any news on who it is yet, or has nothing been revealed outside of the Hammerhead?

And fair enough. I'll still be getting him ASAP though.

Oh, and on the note of DLC Squad Members, I hope Kal'Reegar is DLC, or at least in Mass Effect 3. More quarians would always be nice (BUT KEEP TALI. Mass Effect without Tali or Garrus just doesn't feel like Mass Effect. :( ), and yeah, Kal would make perfect sense to add.

This is him for people who can't remember who he is btw:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/thumb/c/c3/Kalreegar.png/250px-Kalreegar.png

The Maple Syrup Baptist
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM

When I completed his mission with Paragon choices, I was SURE I wouldn't gain his loyalty (though I did). He is a strange one... But yes, at least he was free.

Oh, and on the note of DLC Squad Members, I hope Kal'Reegar is DLC, or at least in Mass Effect 3. More quarians would always be nice (BUT KEEP TALI. Mass Effect without Tali or Garrus just doesn't feel like Mass Effect. :( ), and yeah, Kal would make perfect sense to add.

I had such a smile on my face when the Archangel was revealed as Garrus. Of course I predicted it, a powerful and smart Turian sniper taking out mercenaries, but the confirmation was sheer joy nonetheless.

That Japanese dude married his Love Plus girlfriend... I wonder if I can marry Tali? <3

Seawolf
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
12th Squad Member? Any news on who it is yet, or has nothing been revealed outside of the Hammerhead?

And fair enough. I'll still be getting him ASAP though.

This is him for people who can't remember who he is btw:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/thumb/c/c3/Kalreegar.png/250px-Kalreegar.png

I would have liked Kal'Reegar as a squad member too. It's actually a human thief named Kasumi, you can see her concept art and sound files here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNumDS_jHb0)

Don't worry about Tali, her rabid fans will make sure that she sticks around. :p

When I completed his mission with Paragon choices, I was SURE I wouldn't gain his loyalty (though I did). He is a strange one... But yes, at least he was free.

I enjoyed socking him in the face during that mission.

Stardy
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I would have liked Kal'Reegar as a squad member too. It's actually a human thief named Kasumi, you can see her concept art and sound files here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNumDS_jHb0)

Don't worry about Tali, her rabid fans will make sure that she sticks around. :p

Thanks a lot for the link. A thief sounds quite cool, and going from the sound clips, she'll be an aged one. Could be fun. Can't see the picture clearly enough to comment on what she looks like though.

And I shall help those fans in their cause. :tongue:

I had such a smile on my face when the Archangel was revealed as Garrus. Of course I predicted it, a powerful and smart Turian sniper taking out mercenaries, but the confirmation was sheer joy nonetheless.

Same. Before I read any of the spoilers and stuff, I was afraid that they only kept Tali on, and yeah, it was fun to not only see him still in, but the fact they also made him a bad ass. And his conversation with Tali at the Citadel made me laugh quite hard.

Seawolf
02-20-2010, 05:30 PM
If you guys want to see something hilarious, try taking Legion with you to the Migrant Fleet or the Citadel. Poor guy.

Thanks a lot for the link. A thief sounds quite cool, and going from the sound clips, she'll be an aged one. Could be fun. Can't see the picture clearly enough to comment on what she looks like though.

Here's a better picture:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/MD_Kiryu/Kasumi_GUI.png

I think she looks badass. I hope she's more fleshed out than Zaeed, anyway.

Stardy
02-20-2010, 10:07 PM
She looks like she could be one of my favorite characters in the entire series. Awesome.

And just did that. Lol'd. Poor Legion.

Dr Scott
02-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Great games. I like 2's gameplay better, but 1's story more.

But playing as an evil bastich doesn't feel as fulfilling. I mean, it has hilarious moments ("THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!" *Slug*), but if my red eyed biotic is going to look and feel like a Sith then I want a little more than following orders with evilness ...

Though he seems to have the evil laugh down.

Seawolf
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
ME2 Firewalker pack coming out in March. (http://kotaku.com/5480715/firewalker-with-me2-if-youre-on-the-cerberus-network)

I love free DLC. Still no word on Kasumi though.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
ME2 "Firewalker" pack coming out in March. (http://kotaku.com/5480715/firewalker-with-me2-if-youre-on-the-cerberus-network)

I love free DLC. Still no word on Kasumi though.

I hope it comes out before GOWIII, otherwise I might not get to it for a week.

Stardy
03-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I wish my Xbox was able to connect to Live. I still want Zaeed, nevermind that, which looks like it will be great fun.

I'll be able to get both free eventually, but yeah, I want it nowwwww. D:

Stardy
03-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Somebody was fiddling with their Mass Effect 2 PC Data, and found this:
http://i48.tinypic.com/dyk2nt.jpg
Liara DLC would be awesome. I can see it happening as well, when the comic series is finished.

EDIT: Oh, and Hammerhead Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NHPvceLiOw

Seawolf
03-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Somebody was fiddling with their Mass Effect 2 PC Data, and found this:
http://i48.tinypic.com/dyk2nt.jpg
Liara DLC would be awesome. I can see it happening as well, when the comic series is finished.

EDIT: Oh, and Hammerhead Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NHPvceLiOw

I've heard rumors about the Liara DLC. I hope it's true, especially if it deals with her confronting the Shadow Broker. I think it would be a nice treat for her fans as well, seeing as how she didn't get a whole lot of attention in ME2. That disappointed me.

Kasumi was finally confirmed too. She and the Hammerhead missions should be available for download near the end of the month.

Focal
03-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Why is there a not a thread for this game yet. It's probably the best thing ever released on the Xbox 360.

Final Fantasy 13. 'Nuff said.

Edit: Which is being released today actually. And poor me has to work... that little plastic green case of awesome will be so lonely all day, lying in the mailbox... just waiting for me to open it and totally own Pulse and Cocoon with my joystick of pwnsauce... MUST HAFF FINALE PHANTASIE NAO.

Stardy
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Final Fantasy 13. 'Nuff said.

Edit: Which is being released today actually. And poor me has to work... that little plastic green case of awesome will be so lonely all day, lying in the mailbox... just waiting for me to open it and totally own Pulse and Cocoon with my joystick of pwnsauce... MUST HAFF FINALE PHANTASIE NAO.

FINAL FANTAZY SUCKZ DOOD PLAY MASS EFFECT TOO LIKE US KOOL KIDS.

Is what I would be saying if I didn't also love Final Fantasy. But didn't it get low ratings? I mean, I'm getting it anyway, but yeah, it got rated less than X-2 on Metacritic. D:

... I'm still getting it regardless because Final Fantasy on my Xbox 360 is always welcome. But at the looks of things, it's only going to be the second best game for me. :3

Dr Scott
03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
From what I've read about the new FF, it's got great gameplay but the *gasp* storyline is lacking. Which just CAN NOT DO FOR A FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Is all of the ME2 DLC supposed to be free with Cerebrus, or does the free end with Hammerhead?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
From what I've read about the new FF, it's got great gameplay but the *gasp* storyline is lacking. Which just CAN NOT DO FOR A FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Is all of the ME2 DLC supposed to be free with Cerebrus, or does the free end with Hammerhead?

I heard the exact opposite about it, that the gameplay entirely serves the story and is shooter-linear until 15-25 hours in.

FFXIII on the 360 is a sad tale indeed. The PS3 version is superior on the same level that the 360 version of Bayonetta is superior. Anyone who has an option would be a fool to go with the 360 version. Plus, the PS3 version comes with a chance to enter and receive a FFXIV beta code.

For 360 only gamers though, I'm glad they get to experience it. Shame the port was so badly done though.

Back on the topic of ME2, I hope all the DLC is free. They could start a fantastic new trend in gaming.

Focal
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
FINAL FANTAZY SUCKZ DOOD PLAY MASS EFFECT TOO LIKE US KOOL KIDS.

Is what I would be saying if I didn't also love Final Fantasy. But didn't it get low ratings? I mean, I'm getting it anyway, but yeah, it got rated less than X-2 on Metacritic. D:

... I'm still getting it regardless because Final Fantasy on my Xbox 360 is always welcome. But at the looks of things, it's only going to be the second best game for me. :3

But... dood... I do play ME D= And loved every minute of it =D Got FF now, going to throw it into the tray and start it up, see for myself what it's got in store =)

Seawolf
03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
A new heavy weapon was released for download today. It shoots lasers!

my joystick of pwnsauce...

We're still talking about games, right? :tongue:

Stardy
03-10-2010, 09:54 AM
^ I laughed. And would sig if vBulletin allowed Multiple Quote Boxes. :(

A friend gave me this AMAZING DESCRIPTION on it. "Its called the Arc Projector and is apparently a laser-guided lightning cannon.". Sweet. But doesn't this make for... seven Heavy Weapons now? The five you get in game, one if you pre-order from somewhere and now this? And yet we only have two pistols? :(

As far as I understand, all of the DLC for Mass Effect will be free if you have access to the Cerberus Network. You can still get it if you don't (like, if you bought a Pre-Owned Mass Effect), but you'll have to pay for it.

SiberianTiger
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
We're still talking about games, right? :tongue:

Beat me to it :sad:

Oh well, I guess that's why you are awesome./suckup

~Isaiah

Seawolf
03-11-2010, 04:34 AM
^ I laughed. And would sig if vBulletin allowed Multiple Quote Boxes. :(

A friend gave me this AMAZING DESCRIPTION on it. "Its called the Arc Projector and is apparently a laser-guided lightning cannon.". Sweet. But doesn't this make for... seven Heavy Weapons now? The five you get in game, one if you pre-order from somewhere and now this? And yet we only have two pistols? :(

As far as I understand, all of the DLC for Mass Effect will be free if you have access to the Cerberus Network. You can still get it if you don't (like, if you bought a Pre-Owned Mass Effect), but you'll have to pay for it.

I think there should be more sub-machine guns, personally. I love the Tempest!

I also tried out the Arc Projector earlier. It's very good to use against waves of Husks; it tears them apart pretty quickly.

Oh well, I guess that's why you are awesome./suckup

~Isaiah

<3

Stardy
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Kasumi DLC Pack has a release date (6th of April), Includes new weapon (smg) and her unique power is a flashbang grenade.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/mass-effect-2-dlc-kasumis-stolen-memory-lands-on-apr-6-don

... and it's not going to be free this time. They haven't decided on a price yet though.

Seawolf
03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Kasumi DLC Pack has a release date (6th of April), Includes new weapon (smg) and her unique power is a flashbang grenade.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/mass-effect-2-dlc-kasumis-stolen-memory-lands-on-apr-6-don

... and it's not going to be free this time. They haven't decided on a price yet though.

You have EA to thank for the price tag. I know for a fact that BioWare wanted the DLC to be free.

Here's some more information and screenshots on the DLC. Kasumi looks awesome.

http://kotaku.com/5492103/mass-effect-2-dlc-adds-90-minutes-more-earth-teases

Apparently, there might be some DLC that takes place on Earth too.

Stardy
03-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I honestly don't think there will be any Earth DLC, and that they're saving Earth for Mass Effect 3. It's where the final battle will occur. For Shepard anyway. The Kasumi DLC looks awesome though.

Seawolf
03-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Someone managed to get the Firewalker and Kasumi DLC early. It looks like there's a costume pack as well. You can see the images and a video here (http://community.livejournal.com/masseffect/404114.html).

I'm so jealous of this dude.

Stardy
03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
He'll end up getting banned, or something. I know a guy who got some Call of Duty DLC a week early and ended up getting banned from Xbox Live because of it. D:

If it wasn't for Jack's... I'm not sure if they're glasses or what, I'd love that new costume for her. Garrus getting an armor fix is nice as well. Thane's got a DLC attire as well, which is basically his loyalty suit plus Sunglasses. And the price for all three is 160 MS Points. On March 23rd. Sweet.

Seawolf
03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
He'll end up getting banned, or something. I know a guy who got some Call of Duty DLC a week early and ended up getting banned from Xbox Live because of it. D:

If it wasn't for Jack's... I'm not sure if they're glasses or what, I'd love that new costume for her. Garrus getting an armor fix is nice as well. Thane's got a DLC attire as well, which is basically his loyalty suit plus Sunglasses. And the price for all three is 160 MS Points. On March 23rd. Sweet.

I think it's funny that the missions are going to be free, yet the new skins have a price tag. Thane's new outfit is so silly too.

It was also announced that the Kasumi DLC will be 560 points (or seven bucks). It's a bit pricey for an hour long mission, but I'm getting it anyway. I want to have the full dirty dozen!

Stardy
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
So... the Firewalker pack is out. Still haven't got it (DAMN MY XBOX FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET), but it looks fun. Anybody got it? If so, what's it like?

Oh, and I've changed basically all of my windows sounds to Harbinger quotes. It's AWESOME.

Seawolf
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
So... the Firewalker pack is out. Still haven't got it (DAMN MY XBOX FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET), but it looks fun. Anybody got it? If so, what's it like?

Oh, and I've changed basically all of my windows sounds to Harbinger quotes. It's AWESOME.

Assuming direct control... of this thread!

I thought the Firewalker pack was a little disappointing, honestly. I finished the whole thing in about 20 minutes. On the plus side, though, there's a cool little thing you get for your room afterwards.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Thane's new outfit is so silly too.

I didnt really see how it was any different from his other two from the preview pic, lol.

I really fell in love with this game, and have like four different characters because I want to see how they end up in ME3. I even liked the first game more BECAUSE of 2. It's weird, but awesome.

Kasumi DLC looks badass, the only thing that makes me iffy about buying DLC is the thought that it wont mean anything in 3.

Seawolf
04-02-2010, 12:04 AM
I didnt really see how it was any different from his other two from the preview pic, lol.

It's the sunglasses and the earrings, mostly. I just did his loyalty mission with him wearing that outfit, and I was trying very hard not to laugh the entire time.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-02-2010, 07:34 AM
It's the sunglasses and the earrings, mostly. I just did his loyalty mission with him wearing that outfit, and I was trying very hard not to laugh the entire time.

Ah! After re-examining the pic, I see the sunglasses now. He definitely looks pimpin'. Haha.

Seawolf
04-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Ah! After re-examining the pic, I see the sunglasses now. He definitely looks pimpin'. Haha.

Indeed. :tongue:

There is a Kasumi trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVyAJ1q8e8Q) now. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Indeed. :tongue:

There is a Kasumi trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVyAJ1q8e8Q) now. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday.

Tuesday? Will it be another free DLC?

Stardy
04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
You have to pay for the Kasumi pack I believe. 560 points or something.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Whoo, DLC is out today.

My friend currently has my copy of the game, but this friday, I'm going on a date with Kasumi. :wink:

I never thought a trailer would want me to play a single mission so bad.

Seawolf
04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Whoo, DLC is out today.

My friend currently has my copy of the game, but this friday, I'm going on a date with Kasumi. :wink:

I never thought a trailer would want me to play a single mission so bad.

It's fun. Kasumi is a really cool character too.

I love the new SMG. :D

Focal
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is possibly one of my favorite games on the 360.

Big stupid jellyfish...

Seawolf
04-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Big stupid jellyfish...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x201/Angarato_Telemnar/1259582415451.jpg

Here's hoping that Blasto is a squad member in ME3!

Stardy
04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I, myself, am holding out for a spinoff game for him. (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/038/8/2/BLASTO__Enkindle_THIS_by_ArtGhoul71.jpg)
I like how Tali managed to get on the cover as well.

Seawolf
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I, myself, am holding out for a spinoff game for him. (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/038/8/2/BLASTO__Enkindle_THIS_by_ArtGhoul71.jpg)
I like how Tali managed to get on the cover as well.

That is just awesome.

You know, even if BioWare made a small expansion and charged an arm and a leg for it (sup, Dragon Age), I would buy it immediately.

Dr Scott
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Nothing is funnier than Citadel advertisements / random reports.

Just started through the Kasumi DLC and I find the finding her bit pretty amusing. Though when I actually talked to her, I was surprised with how nice and sweet she was ... She reminds me more and more of a human Tali.

Anyone else notice her last name Goto is the same as G0-T0 from KOTOR 2?

Seawolf
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I've played Kasumi's mission twice now. I disagree with Kotaku's review saying that she's a lame character; I like her and her mission quite a bit. Her evolved Shadow Sneak is so broken too.

Anyone else notice her last name Goto is the same as G0-T0 from KOTOR 2?

I thought of him right away. I hated that stupid fat droid... man thing.

Dr Scott
04-15-2010, 01:18 AM
The only problem I've found with her is the fact that it costs for such a small mission ... it should have been free. Like Z's.

Still have to do Firewalker with my EVIL guy. Gunna wait for some more DLC (I'm assuming there will be more) before redoing with my good guy, though.

Seawolf
04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, I just finished a playthrough where everyone died (including my Shep). I never want to do that again. :sad:

The only problem I've found with her is the fact that it costs for such a small mission ... it should have been free. Like Z's.

The pricing was a bit steep for the mission. There should be more freebies on the way though.

Dr Scott
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Baha, I wouldn't think doing a playthrough where everyone dies would be worth it besides seeing what happens when it comes to the cutscenes -- I'd be sad that I wouldn't be able to carry my Shep over.

Both times I've played I had every one of my people survive because it's really not that hard to do. Though, I didn't get Legion in my second playthrough BECAUSE HE GLITCHED AND WASN'T THERE. THE HELL.

Seawolf
04-21-2010, 06:33 AM
This thread needs more activity.

Who are your favorite and least favorite squad members? What's your favorite class?

Baha, I wouldn't think doing a playthrough where everyone dies would be worth it besides seeing what happens when it comes to the cutscenes -- I'd be sad that I wouldn't be able to carry my Shep over.

Both times I've played I had every one of my people survive because it's really not that hard to do. Though, I didn't get Legion in my second playthrough BECAUSE HE GLITCHED AND WASN'T THERE. THE HELL.

On two separate playthroughs, I had Grunt mysteriously vanish during the suicide mission. It was very creepy.

As for having everyone die, I ended up making a character that I didn't like so much, so I just decided to speed run through the game and get the worst possible ending just to see what it was like. Poor Samara got carried off by a Collector swarm. :(

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I like Adept most, I thought it was really fun.

My favorite squad members are probably Legion, Grunt, Thane, and Mori--SAMARA. They usually make fights fun.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9822/1271823609924.gif

I dislike Jacob. He's like Kaiden, except even more unlovable.

Stardy
04-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Who are your favorite and least favorite squad members? What's your favorite class?
Favorite: Tali.
Least Favorite: Miranda
Everybody else I like a lot, just not on the level I do Tali :3... also, Miranda's alright once you've done her Loyalty Mission and stuff. She's just my least favorite in the game. I even like Jacob more than her. :z

I may make one of those Tier images-things that they do at that place. That would be better for my squad member rankings.

Favorite class? Infiltrator. Invisibility, Sniping, semi Engineer Powers, can't go wrong really. Although Engineer itself is fun simply because of the Combat Drones (fun as heck to spam enemies with). Currently doing a Adept playthrough on Intense, first time I'm going Biotic and doing surprisingly well (better than I expected anyway). EDIT: Well, I've been Biotic before, Vanguard is awesome. Running in, blasting enemies to bits with a shotgun, run away. Never full on Adept though.

EmBreon
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Woot, I can finally post in this thread.

I looove Mass Effect 2 so much more than Mass Effect 1, and I'm probably only a third of the way through. I wish I could play it all day.

Favorite character: Garrus. <3
Class: Vanguard. Some biotic goodness mixed with a decent range of bullets. I feel like you actually have less powers in this game though, but it's been a long time since I played the first....

I dislike Jacob. He's like Kaiden, except even more unlovable.

Indeed. But at least he has a better haircut. D:

Seawolf
04-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I can't really decide what my favorite class is. I like Vanguard and Infiltrator about equally, and the Sentinel class in ME2 is really fun also. Biotics ands tech powers rock so hard.

Infiltrator is a good choice for an Insanity playthrough too. Cloaking saved my butt so many times.

Indeed. But at least he has a better haircut. D:

Hah, so true.

Focal
04-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I haven't really tried many classes yet, only soldier really, but I'm enjoying it.

My favorite squad members... Tali, Wrex, Garrus, Mordin, and Jack...

Least favorite? Kaidan. Jacob. ... BETCHA DIDN'T SEE THOSE TWO COMING HUH.

Stardy
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
The newest Shepard I'm gonna create shall be playing through Mass Effect 1 and then 2. HELP ME PE2K.

Tell me what to do and stuff. Male/Female, Name, Romance, Who to kill on Virmire, you know, stuff like that.
... it could be fun?

Seawolf
04-30-2010, 04:53 PM
http://plastic-stars.webs.com/images/ahyes.gif

Ah yes, "character creation". I thought we had dismissed that claim.

The newest Shepard I'm gonna create shall be playing through Mass Effect 1 and then 2. HELP ME PE2K.

Tell me what to do and stuff. Male/Female, Name, Romance, Who to kill on Virmire, you know, stuff like that.
... it could be fun?

Play as a Shepard with the Ruthless personality type. I'm getting so tired of everyone being a goody two shoes Paragon. I'm currently playing as a tough as nails Vanguard who shoots first and asks questions later, and it's so damn fun. I think she's my favorite Shep that I've created now.

I'm going to assume that you've been playing as a male Shep so far, so why not play as a female this time? I've never played the game as male Shepard myself (since I can't stand Meer's voice acting), but I think it would be fun to play as the opposite gender.

I don't like to romance anyone in ME1 now, since they turn into absolute jerks in ME2. I'd hold out for someone in ME2. If you play as a female, you get a boring human guy, a bird man, and a frog man! Delicious!

As for choices, make sure you interact with the crazy fan so you can shoot him in the foot in ME2. You will laugh, I promise you.

Stardy
04-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Katheryn Shepard, Earth Born Ruthless person is a person who takes no crap whatsoever. Vanguarding her way past humans, krogans and people alike, she generally treats her team like crap (except Garrus. But she friendzones Garrus until Mass Effect 2, when... http://www.boardoo.com/free-smilies/smilies/boardoo-excited-smiley-2238.gif). She also doesn't take kindly to her fanbase she's gained and dislikes Ashley so much she'd rather keep KAIDEN over her. Also gonna save the council and disconnect them every time and punch that interviewer. Doing all the Renegade Interupts and none of the Paragons (Except the Tali one. Because that gets me every time http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Smiley-standard-sad.gif). Oh, and I'm totally doing a JUST AS PLANNED ending by having only Garrus, Tali and Legion survive.
Did I just role play my Mass Effect character? Oh god I really am obsessed.
... any objections and/or other specific things to do?

Seawolf
05-01-2010, 02:37 AM
According to the official site, there will be more DLC coming out soon. There will be more details about it sometime next week.

I'm guessing it's more costumes or that Shadow Broker DLC.

Katheryn Shepard, Earth Born Ruthless person is a person who takes no crap whatsoever. Vanguarding her way past humans, krogans and people alike, she generally treats her team like crap (except Garrus. But she friendzones Garrus until Mass Effect 2, when... http://www.boardoo.com/free-smilies/smilies/boardoo-excited-smiley-2238.gif). She also doesn't take kindly to her fanbase she's gained and dislikes Ashley so much she'd rather keep KAIDEN over her. Also gonna save the council and disconnect them every time and punch that interviewer. Doing all the Renegade Interupts and none of the Paragons (Except the Tali one. Because that gets me every time http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Smiley-standard-sad.gif). Oh, and I'm totally doing a JUST AS PLANNED ending by having only Garrus, Tali and Legion survive.
Did I just role play my Mass Effect character? Oh god I really am obsessed.
... any objections and/or other specific things to do?

I approve. :D

She has such a pretty name too. It's a nice contrast to her personality.

Seawolf
05-04-2010, 12:49 AM
According to the official site, there will be more DLC coming out soon. There will be more details about it sometime next week.

I'm guessing it's more costumes or that Shadow Broker DLC.

I approve. :D

She has such a pretty name too. It's a nice contrast to her personality.

So, the new DLC is just the Equalizer Pack (http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/). It's a bunch of helmets and the Inferno Armor. Sadly, it costs money (about 160 MS points).

However, I'm happy that I can finally get the Inferno Armor now. It was previously a Best Buy exclusive item.

Stardy
05-04-2010, 07:32 AM
I'll probably get it as soon as I manage to get Live working again as well. Mainly for the Inferno Armor, since it looks awesome. Can you remove the helmet on it though, or is it stuck, like with the Blood Dragon Armor?

Not like I mind, since my Shepards always wear the helmets. Because I'm terrible at making custom faces.

Seawolf
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll probably get it as soon as I manage to get Live working again as well. Mainly for the Inferno Armor, since it looks awesome. Can you remove the helmet on it though, or is it stuck, like with the Blood Dragon Armor?

Not like I mind, since my Shepards always wear the helmets. Because I'm terrible at making custom faces.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm fairly positive that the helmet will be stuck, just like with the other armors. Having a toggle option for the helmets has to be one of the most requested things on the official forums, so I'm wondering if BioWare will ever get around to doing that. I like looking at my Sheps, personally.

By the way, have you started working on your badass Vanguard yet?

Stardy
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Just about to do Virmire on it. :D
Wrex/Tali is currently always in my squad so I can get the achievement for Wrex and just because Tali. I SHALL WRITE A FULL REPORT AT A LATER DATE IN TIME~

Dr Scott
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Playing the first is so much cooler after playing the second ...

Anyways, the new DLC sounds incredibly lame for a price tag -- "hey, now we have some extra weapons!" Baaahhh, come on now BioWare ... Honestly, most of the DLC is substandard, the best one being Kasumi, and I probably wouldn't get most of it if not for having Cerberus automatically.

Favorite Characters: 1 - Wrex, Garrus. 2- Garrus, Legion, MORDIN.

Class: Soldier (Even though I didn't like the power in 2 -- was a lot easier as an Adept).

Mass Effect 2 did a decent job about making me feel bad about being evil, and wasn't quite as funny as the first game's renegade (RANDOMLY PUNCHES REPORTER OUT OF NOWHERE).

The romances in 1 will apparently carry over to 3, if you were 'faithful' (which means everyone is off limits except for Chambers, apparently. And there's a picture of him/her in your cabin, and if you cheat it's pushed down).

*Deep breath*

EmBreon
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Playing the first is so much cooler after playing the second ...

Anyways, the new DLC sounds incredibly cool for a price tag -- "hey, now we have some extra weapons!" Baaahhh, come on now BioWare ... Honestly, most of the DLC is substandard, the best one being Kasumi, and I probably wouldn't get most of it if not for having Cerberus automatically.

I'd probably feel more jipped if there weren't avatar shirts for more than 160 MS points...

I'm interested in the new helmets. Everything looks stupid on my girl's head.

Seawolf
05-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Just about to do Virmire on it. :D
Wrex/Tali is currently always in my squad so I can get the achievement for Wrex and just because Tali. I SHALL WRITE A FULL REPORT AT A LATER DATE IN TIME~

I think you have to do 30 or 40 missions with Wrex to unlock it. Those achievements were such a pain. I had to do a full playthrough with Liara in my party at all times to get hers and it finally unlocked during the ending sequence. @_@

I'd probably feel more jipped if there weren't avatar shirts for more than 160 MS points...

I'm interested in the new helmets. Everything looks stupid on my girl's head.

I didn't post them earlier, but here they are:

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/MD_Kiryu/heads.jpg

I really like the visor. It would look nice on my Infiltrator.

Stardy
05-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Those helmets look kickass. Especially the visor.
Makes me wish for Xbox Live to get DLC even more. :(

EmBreon
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh cool.

The first two look really neat, but for some reason that third one reminds me of a gummy bear...

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I really wish they'd post more pictures with FemShep.

After finishing a renegade playthrough with my custom female Shepard, I sort of felt a sense of emptiness when looking at the box art. :(

But I guess thats why my paragon is the box art guy. Makes sense in my mind.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I have been working on making my new character look like me for over an hour. So far, so not good. But hey, if someone can make a scarily identical Obama character, I should be able to get it close enough to my face.

I think I'll make this my renegade playthrough. :3

Seawolf
05-09-2010, 04:30 AM
But hey, if someone can make a scarily identical Obama character, I should be able to get it close enough to my face.

I think I'll make this my renegade playthrough. :3

Yes we can! (http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj163/MickeyMutant/Mass%20Effect/BarackObamaMassEffect2a.jpg)

The code is in the top right corner. :3

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Yes we can! (http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj163/MickeyMutant/Mass%20Effect/BarackObamaMassEffect2a.jpg)

The code is in the top right corner. :3

Sweet, thanks! I saw this a while ago, but it didn't come with a code. I'll definitely start another new playthrough just for Obama. =)

I also started a new game in ME2 as a renegade. Definitely just as good the second time around as it was the first.

Seawolf
05-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Well, it seems like there's even more DLC on the way. This is from their Facebook page:

Tomorrow morning we reveal what the next Mass Effect 2 DLC will be. Will it be new weapons? Will it be new worlds? Will it be the elcor-in-a-bikini appearance pack? Check back tomorrow morning to find out.

I really hope it's a mission or two and not a costume pack. The elcor in a bikini would be quite terrifying.

Now I have to buy some points so I can afford all of this stuff. There's going to be Dragon Age DLC on Tuesday as well. :susp:

Stardy
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Will it be new weapons? Will it be new worlds? Will it be the elcor-in-a-bikini appearance pack?

It better be all three.
Or if its just the bikini I'd buy ASAP.

Seawolf
05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
It better be all three.
Or if its just the bikini I'd buy ASAP.

Your bikini dreams will have to wait. :tongue:

ME2 Overlord mission pack coming out next month. (http://kotaku.com/5537970/mass-effect-2-gets-new-man-vs-robots-downloadable-content)

I hope it's not like that dumb mission on the moon from ME1.

Stardy
05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Your bikini dreams will have to wait. :tongue:

ME2 Overlord mission pack coming out next month. (http://kotaku.com/5537970/mass-effect-2-gets-new-man-vs-robots-downloadable-content)

I hope it's not like that dumb mission on the moon from ME1.
:(

That sounds like good fun though. Plus more reason to use Tali in a mission is always welcome. :D

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
More DLC that will mean nothing in ME3.

awesome.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3163/1273773283999.png

Seawolf
05-14-2010, 03:28 AM
I downloaded the Equalizer pack. I love the blue helmet, but the Inferno Armor looks really stupid on girls. :(

More DLC that will mean nothing in ME3.

awesome.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3163/1273773283999.png

I think the upcoming Shadow Broker DLC will most likely have an impact in ME3. Until then, I'm okay with anything that gives me an excuse to pop in the disc.

According to the official site, the DLC will also be 560 points and it will have two new achievements.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-14-2010, 03:57 AM
I think the upcoming Shadow Broker DLC will most likely have an impact in ME3. Until then, I'm okay with anything that gives me an excuse to pop in the disc.

According to the official site, the DLC will also be 560 points and it will have two new achievements.

So we'll finally find out who the Shadow Broker is. I'll definitely get a points card for this. =)

Seawolf
05-18-2010, 03:55 AM
There was a huge patch released for the 360 version of the game today. Here's what it includes:

■Scanning for minerals has been optimized
■Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
■Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
■Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
■Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn't present
■Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can't be picked up
■Fixed an issue with crosshairs
■Fixed an issue with Grunt's Fortification power
■Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
■Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
■Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them

The mineral scanning is definitely the most improved. It only takes seconds to fully scan a planet now.

Seawolf
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Does anybody still read this thread? :tongue:

I'm pleased to say that BioWare finally got it right with the Overlord DLC. It's lengthy, interesting, and the ending made my jaw drop. BioWare really knows how to pull those emotional punches!

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Does anybody still read this thread? :tongue:

I'm pleased to say that BioWare finally got it right with the Overlord DLC. It's lengthy, interesting, and the ending made my jaw drop. BioWare really knows how to pull those emotional punches!

I suppose it's due time for me to go buy a points card and get all the DLC!

Stardy
06-16-2010, 06:45 AM
I still play.
My PE2K game crashed just after I saved the council and now that save won't load. Had to restart on ME1. </3

Both games are still awesome, must have played through Mass Effect 2 at least twenty times now, Tali's still mai waifu.

Also I found out you can complete Mass Effect 1 without ever getting Garrus. Which I found interesting.

ReclusiveDemon
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
I'll finally be able to get around to playing ME2 soon since I'm purchasing a 360 today. I'll plow through the first again-- again being that I've played it multiple times on my PC before --and then grab ME2 from Wal-Mart or someplace. :3

Stardy
06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
MASS EFFECT IS $5 (3€ and 3 I believe) ON STEAM TILL TOMORROW
Mass Effect 2 is $30 for the regular and $36 for the deluxe digital. Down from $50 and $60 dollers respectively.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Just started Mass Effect 2 on Insanity mode. To minimize the insanity of it all (cwutididtharlol), and because it froze on me three times in the past two days, so I'm gonna see if installing it helps prevent freezing and reduce load times.

Edit: Insanity on ME2 with a NG+ imported is absurd, but pretty satisfying. I think I'm gonna see it through till the end, even though every enemy since the beginning of the game has been level 30 (except the very first section, which I was at level 29). I almost wish there was an achievement for beating ME2 Insanity with a ME2 NG+.

Seawolf
07-09-2010, 01:37 AM
The Aegis Pack was released the other day. It contains the Incisor sniper rifle (which was previously PC exclusive) and the Kestrel armor, which comes in pieces. BioWare finally listened to the fans and let us mix and match this time. I kinda like the way it looks by itself though.

What kind of DLC do you guys want to see for Mass Effect 2? I want to see some story based DLC that will affect ME3. I would also really like to see Earth and something hanar-centric. :D

And, I can't believe I didn't ask this earlier, but do any of you have pictures of your Shep?

derp (http://pics.livejournal.com/c_saber/pic/00016se9/g7)

Just started Mass Effect 2 on Insanity mode. To minimize the insanity of it all (cwutididtharlol), and because it froze on me three times in the past two days, so I'm gonna see if installing it helps prevent freezing and reduce load times.

Edit: Insanity on ME2 with a NG+ imported is absurd, but pretty satisfying. I think I'm gonna see it through till the end, even though every enemy since the beginning of the game has been level 30 (except the very first section, which I was at level 29). I almost wish there was an achievement for beating ME2 Insanity with a ME2 NG+.

What was the hardest part for you, Mitch? The damn Praetorian at the end of Horizon gave me the most trouble.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-09-2010, 02:34 AM
The Aegis Pack was released the other day. It contains the Incisor sniper rifle (which was previously PC exclusive) and the Kestrel armor, which comes in pieces. BioWare finally listened to the fans and let us mix and match this time. I kinda like the way it looks by itself though.

And, I can't believe I didn't ask this earlier, but do any of you have pictures of your Shep?

derp (http://pics.livejournal.com/c_saber/pic/00016se9/g7)

I like the Kestrel armor by itself as well, though I'm gonna try experimenting a bit with it. The Incisor sniper rifle is cool but goes through ammo too fast, I find.

How did you take a pic of your Shep without a camera? I'll have to remove my custom Shep's scars first, too. He was a renegade. :3

What kind of DLC do you guys want to see for Mass Effect 2? I want to see some story based DLC that will affect ME3. I would also really like to see Earth and something hanar-centric. :D

I agree completely here. Story based DLC with ME3 integration, and more on the hanar and volus races. A teammate of either (or both) races would be such an epic win. Finally seeing their take on Earth would be awesome too. Also, BioWare, when will we see female Krogan's, Turian's, and Salarian's? :3

What was the hardest part for you, Mitch? The damn Praetorian at the end of Horizon gave me the most trouble.

Hardest part... A three-way tie between the two Praetorian's (like you said, Horizon, and in the Collector ship) and in the Collector ship when EDI realizes it's a set-up and you have to fight the Collector's on the floating platforms. All three parts nearly drove me into madness! Everything in the first half of the game was horrible though, since I imported a ME2 NG+.

Seawolf
07-09-2010, 02:50 AM
How did you take a pic of your Shep without a camera? I'll have to remove my custom Shep's scars first, too. He was a renegade. :3

Someone on one of the ME communities I frequent was kind enough to use her face code in the PC version to take screenshots. I've tried taking pictures of her on the 360 myself, but they never look that great.

I agree completely here. Story based DLC with ME3 integration, and more on the hanar and volus races. A teammate of either (or both) races would be such an epic win. Finally seeing their take on Earth would be awesome too. Also, BioWare, when will we see female Krogan's, Turian's, and Salarian's? :3

There's a female krogan near the shaman in Tuchanka in ME2, but she basically looks the same as a male. The only difference is that her voice is a little higher. It's disappointing. =/

I would love to see more of the aliens too. It's kinda funny how the most interesting characters in the game aren't human.

Seawolf
08-06-2010, 01:00 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qtiovq.gif

I refuse to let a thread for such an awesome game die! I blame Starcraft.

Anyway, the Firepower Pack was released the other day. It contains three ridiculously overpowered guns, hence the name. Here's an image and a brief description of them.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/MD_Kiryu/guns.jpg

"When a "heavy" pistol won't do the job, the Phalanx brings the bang! It hits like a hand cannon and features an integral laser sight for a whole new aiming experience! Ever wanted a sniper rifle without the scope or an assault rifle without the recoil? The Mattock heavy rifle is a hybrid of the two, a semi-auto beast usable with any class with an assault rifle skill! The Geth Plasma Shotgun is a three-barreled monster that creates plasma the right way -- on impact! Charge it up for even greater damage, or blast away rapid-fire at longer ranges than normal shotguns."

The Firepower DLC Pack costs 160 MS/Bioware Points

The geth shotgun is nuts. My vanny loves it.

BioWare also said that this was coming out shortly before the Shadow Broker DLC, so I'm hoping that means it will be released next Tuesday. That would be awesome.

Stardy
08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm incredibly hyped for the Shadow Broker DLC, a mission with Liara, Liara possibly rejoining the squad and a major surprise they aren't going to reveal till the DLC?

Gonna be awesome.

Just got Xbox Live back so I just got all the free DLC. Soon I'll be getting all the paid DLC as well. Gonna be sweet.

Gonna. Gonna. Oh god it's not even a word.

Stardy
08-17-2010, 10:33 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/k00z0m.jpg

Mass Effect 1 is owned by Microsoft, so that's not coming out for it. Apparently instead PS3's gonna get all the DLC already in game, plus more. Either way though. Hope you Sonybros enjoy.

Stardy
09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but SHADOW BROKER DLC HAS BEEN RELEASED.
800 points on Xbox. 1.5 gigs. Don't get it for PC as it's not working yet and is, instead, a bunch of 0's. I wish I was kidding. But whatever. Currently downloading.

Seawolf
09-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but SHADOW BROKER DLC HAS BEEN RELEASED.
800 points on Xbox. 1.5 gigs. Don't get it for PC as it's not working yet and is, instead, a bunch of 0's. I wish I was kidding. But whatever. Currently downloading.

I'll just post what I said in the TGS thread, since I am tired and lazy.

The Shadow Broker DLC is well worth it. I stayed up until six in the morning playing it.

I don't want to say much for fear of spoiling it for people, but I will just say that it's the best DLC for Mass Effect so far. It's fun, surprising, and there's a lot of cool goodies you get for completing it.

The Shadow Broker's identity will also make your head spin.

You guys won't be disappointed. Make sure to post your thoughts here once you are finished. :)

Cobalt Shadow
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey i am up to the suicide mission, I have loayalty on all characters except for Jack, Samara, Leigon and Thane? could somebody tell me which ones I should set to do what in order to stop my team from dying? thanks

Seawolf
09-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey i am up to the suicide mission, I have loayalty on all characters except for Jack, Samara, Leigon and Thane? could somebody tell me which ones I should set to do what in order to stop my team from dying? thanks

Vents - Kasumi, Legion, Tali

Fire Squad Leader - Garrus, Miranda

Shield - Samara, Jack

Escort - Mordin

I think you might end up losing someone. Samara and Jack are the only solid choices for the barrier, and you stated that neither of them are loyal. Someone on your team will probably die. The same thing will happen if you choose Miranda or Jacob for the job (even if they're loyal to you), since they're both terrible biotics.

Cobalt Shadow
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Vents - Kasumi, Legion, Tali

Fire Squad Leader - Garrus, Miranda

Shield - Samara, Jack

Escort - Mordin

I think you might end up losing someone. Samara and Jack are the only solid choices for the barrier, and you stated that neither of them are loyal. Someone on your team will probably die. The same thing will happen if you choose Miranda or Jacob for the job (even if they're loyal to you), since they're both terrible biotics.
Ok well I guess you can't save everyone lol.

Stardy
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I've only heard positive things about the DLC and still not had the chance to play it yet. It makes me sad.

Would I be able to play it from an existing save, or would I have to start a new game? Just curious in advance. Playing tomorrow after college is over, so yeah. Day sorted.

Seawolf
09-11-2010, 04:14 AM
I've only heard positive things about the DLC and still not had the chance to play it yet. It makes me sad.

Would I be able to play it from an existing save, or would I have to start a new game? Just curious in advance. Playing tomorrow after college is over, so yeah. Day sorted.

With the exception of Shadow Broker, you will be able to play the DLC at any time. To access SB, you just need to have visited Illium at least once.

I wonder if we're going to see any sort of DLC for Kaidan and Ashley, since SB gives you the chance to get back with Liara. I just want to have some DLC with Wrex in it, personally. :)

Stardy
09-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for telling me, went off and started playing it afterwards. Loving the Broker DLC so far. Also did the Zaeed and Kasumi loyalty missions and the first Firewalker (?) mission. The loyalty missions are probably up there as some as my favorites in the game, and the Firewalkers fun, gonna do the rest of them after I finish the Broker thing.

For other squad members, Kaiden/Ashley DLC would be nice, not sure how it would work or how it would sell, but it would be nice anyway. But I'd buy a Wrex DLC on the first day of release. It essentially writes itself as well, considering how well the Wrex character was made. So many ways they could go with it, it just makes me want it more.

... also, like, Kal'Reegar for Mass Effect 3. I can't remember if I mentioned it already or not, but yeah, more Quarians would be nice and Kal's pretty awesome. Was actually disappointed when he didn't join Shepard after Tali's loyalty.

Haze
09-12-2010, 01:19 AM
... also, like, Kal'Reegar for Mass Effect 3. I can't remember if I mentioned it already or not, but yeah, more Quarians would be nice and Kal's pretty awesome. Was actually disappointed when he didn't join Shepard after Tali's loyalty.

I just want a Hanar squadmate and Joker to be in your team.

I ALSO WANT TO REPLACE THE NORMANDY WITH A REAPER SHIP, BUT THAT SEEMS UNLIKELY

Stardy
10-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I suggest Blasto for the role of Hanar squadmate.

Also looking back I mentioned Kal'Reegar on Page 1. Boy I looked back far.

Just completed it again with a renegade femshep. I legitimately love this game. People say it gets repeative, but I guess I haven't got it yet. I can tend to play games a lot before they get boring, I guess that's why.

But that's not why I'm here. The reason I AM here is to ask is the Overlord DLC worth it? I've grabbed all the other DLC, and loved the Shadow Broker and Kasumi DLC's, along with all the free DLC being fantastic stuff. But I heard some negative things about the Overlord dlc, so comments on it would be awesome, thanks. It's also a slightly hidden bump to a thread I do not want to die.

Lord Fedora
10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
But that's not why I'm here. The reason I AM here is to ask is the Overlord DLC worth it? I've grabbed all the other DLC, and loved the Shadow Broker and Kasumi DLC's, along with all the free DLC being fantastic stuff. But I heard some negative things about the Overlord dlc, so comments on it would be awesome, thanks. It's also a slightly hidden bump to a thread I do not want to die.

It's worth it. It doesn't have any of the perks of the other DLCs, mind, but it is a freaking amazing story that will either make you cry or want to punch somebody. Plus one of the levels of it has the feel of a really, really good horror game.

Anyway, I just finished the game for the first time ever (any other time I've played it it crashed horribly due to my crappy computer) and got the Golden Ending. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.