PDA

View Full Version : Team Building Help?

notthephonz
07-30-2005, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone...I'm trying to build a RSFRLGE team around Venusaur and Slowbro, without using any item more than once. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Venusaur (F) @ Leftovers ** Leafgreen
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 129 Def / 129 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Slowbro (M) @ Chesto Berry ** Mudbrain
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Psychic

Forretress (M) @ Liechi Berry/Soft Sand/Silk Scarf ** Goggles
Trait: Sturdy
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Counter
- Light Screen
- Earthquake/Explosion

Forretress is here to keep people from switching out to avoid Venusaur's Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. What's a good counter for the Grass, Poison, and Steel types that are immune to Leech Seed and Sludge Bomb?

Gengar (M) @ Lum Berry ** Dopple
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 82 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

...And Gengar is here to keep people from Rapid Spinning the Spikes away.

I'm thinking of adding Dodrio, Miltank, or Snorlax to absorb Shadow Balls, but I don't really have any ideas for a sixth member...maybe a good opener, since a lot of the Pokémon I've picked so far are on the slow side.

Nemesis
07-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Hi everyone...I'm trying to build a RSFRLGE team around Venusaur and Slowbro, without using any item more than once. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Venusaur (F) @ Leftovers ** Leafgreen
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 129 Def / 129 SDef
impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

pokemon counter
Celebi Salamence, Skarmory, and Gyarados
Ludicolo Venusaur
Sceptile Venusaur
Venusaur Salamence, Skarmory, and Gyarados

I'd recomend putting Salamence in your fifth slot to counter the oponents leech seed absorbers. I would recomend Gyarados as he can taunt to prevent enemy Venusaur and Celebies from leech seeding you, but then you'd also have to add in Magneton, though that wouldn't be that bad since Skarm counters you Venasaur aswell. You could also put Skarmory over Forretress so you have a phazer which I see that you lack.

Slowbro (M) @ Chesto Berry ** Mudbrain
Trait: Own Tempo
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Psychic

give it HP over sp def considering calm mind boosts that.

Forretress (M) @ Liechi Berry/Soft Sand/Silk Scarf ** Goggles
Trait: Sturdy
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Counter
- Light Screen
- Earthquake/Explosion

Forretress is here to keep people from switching out to avoid Venusaur's Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. What's a good counter for the Grass, Poison, and Steel types that are immune to Leech Seed and Sludge Bomb?

you don't need sp def considering Forretress is a physical sponge. Also for countering grass poisons and steels houndoom comes to mind considering it counters the only commonly used poison type (and can pursuit the switch) and most steels and grasses would probably flee before it aswell.

Gengar (M) @ Lum Berry ** Dopple
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 82 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

...And Gengar is here to keep people from Rapid Spinning the Spikes away.

Dusclops guards the spikes much better, considering it doesn't die in one hit.

I'm thinking of adding Dodrio, Miltank, or Snorlax to absorb Shadow Balls, but I don't really have any ideas for a sixth member...maybe a good opener, since a lot of the Pokémon I've picked so far are on the slow side.

My advice: don't use 6/252/252 or 252/129/129 ev spreads as they are generally inferior spreads. I really don't feal like giving you good spreads myself for the following reasons: a) you should learn how to do it yourself b) it takes some time (though not to much if I'm actually building the team on nb, which I'm not) c) this is ingame and ivs frequently efect the spreads.
Overall you should probably add Salamence and Houndoom, and drop Forry for Skarm (the reason for this is: you lack a phazer) and if your using Gengar for blocking rapid spin you should probably drop that for Dusclops.

notthephonz
07-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Nice catch with Venusaur's nature and Slowbro's EVs. I used to be scared of having giving Slowbro HP EVs because he tends to get Leech Seeded, but I suppose it's best to just switch him out when that happens, even if his stats are maxed out. I'll also look into adding Houndoom to the team and dropping Gengar for Dusclops. I'd rather stick with Forretress because I've developed a huge dislike for Skarmory and Salamence by playing Netbattle (even if they're going to be on my side, I can't really stand them).

So that still leaves one spot open for a (p)hazer or cleric, right? I'd be happy to come up with my own EVs, but I don't have any idea to go about it. How do you decide how much of a stat is enough?