PDA

View Full Version : egg move help needed

darthcrawford
03-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I have been breeding my charizard with a flaffy trying to hatch an egg w/ the egg move thunderbolt.If someone could help me out, point me to a thread, or if it not possible please. tell me

nobartholem
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
it would only work if either of the two pokemon were traded for. Like ifyour charizard and falaffy both have your I'd, then they won't breed.

I assume you know the breeding formula?

different ID same species
different spevies different ID /same ID same species
different species same I'd (doesnt breed)

Lost Soul
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I have been breeding my charizard with a flaffy trying to hatch an egg w/ the egg move thunderbolt.If someone could help me out, point me to a thread, or if it not possible please. tell me

did you mean thunderpunch? the only way for charizard to learn thunder punch is through move tutor, IIRC

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
it would only work if either of the two pokemon were traded for. Like ifyour charizard and falaffy both have your I'd, then they won't breed.

I assume you know the breeding formula?

different ID same species
different spevies different ID /same ID same species
different species same I'd (doesnt breed)

That's not true. They'll still breed either way (as long as they're in the same egg group), it just takes longer to get an egg. =]

As for the original question, if you were trying to get a Mareep with Thunderbolt, then it won't work because Thunderbolt isn't an egg move for Mareep. You'll need to teach it by TM.

The only way to pass on a TM move by breeding is if the father has the TM move and it's possible for the baby Pokemon to learn it. =]

darthcrawford
03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm trying for a charmander w/ any electric move.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Ah, well Charmander can't learn any electric moves apart from Thunderpunch, which is only learnable from a Move Tutor, like Lost Soul said. =)

The Move Tutor can be found in Platinum in a house on Route 212. For more info, check here: http://serebii.net/platinum/movetutors.shtml

hectic
03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
thats why he's trying to breed it.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
thats why he's trying to breed it.
That's why I'm saying it's not possible xD