PDA

View Full Version : HeartGold and SoulSilver finally hits America

Professor Geoffrey
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Okay guys! The moment we've all been waiting for! HeartGold and SoulSilver are FINALLY here! For some of us, we've been waiting a few months/weeks/days for this to come out. There are some (like me) that have been wanting it, for like, forever, and almost fainted hearing the news May 7th/8th in 2009!

Until Ryan puts up HeartGold/SoulSilver boards/sub-boards (which are most likely going to fuse with the D/P/Pt boards), put all details concerning what you think about HeartGold and SoulSilver here, including when you're going to get (if you're getting it), which one you have gotten or will get, etc.

I pre-ordered both about seven months ago at GameStop, and I'm getting my copies in about thirty minutes! =D

Lord Fedora
03-14-2010, 04:08 PM
No pre-order for me, but as soon as my mom comes down to visit (which will be god knows when) I'm getting her to buy it for me as a late 18th birthday present.

... wow you know you're a nerd when your 18th birthday present is a Pokemon game.

-Smoo-
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Whilst in the UK e have to wait 12 days for a game in the same language :ermm: At least the gap isn't as big as it was with Diamond and Pearl.

Lord Voldemort
03-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I ordered mine on Amazon, saving $7.50 in the process. Little did I know that shipping date (which was supposed to be in 5 days) did not mean delivery date (12-15 days), which was too long for me to wait. Now I'm only saying a few dollars, and I don't get it for a week :sad:

PureGoober
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Just got home from Target. Got them both. Just started SoulSilver. Chose Cyndaquil. This is EPIC!

Etymology
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Lucky American's and their earlier release dates.

spartan117
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Sucks Europe gets most of the stuff later. Im getting mines today as soon as I get a chance to go to Gamestop.

But I dont understand why it takes the 6 months just to translate the game? I really doubt that since there are hackers that translated it as soon as it came out. Its been out in Japan since like September I think.

Pokemon_Ron
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I ordered mine on Amazon, saving $7.50 in the process. Little did I know that shipping date (which was supposed to be in 5 days) did not mean delivery date (12-15 days), which was too long for me to wait. Now I'm only saying a few dollars, and I don't get it for a week :sad:

I'm the same way D:

Phantom Kat
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
I pre-ordered Soul Silver from the Gamestop at our semi-local mall, but I won't pick it up until tomorrow because my mom and dad are out of town. Sigh. I need a freaking license already. :/

I'll make today productive and finish Chapter Seven of my fic then.

- Kat

austbot
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I was suppose day but my mom wont take me to gamestop/whatever store has it :( so i have to wait another day maybe longer

Bumblebee16
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I am going to have to wait another six or seven hours before I can get it, I hate waiting :/

Dawn_PiplupFan1
03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I have to go to church first right now, then I am gonna go to Target!! and get my game!! can't wait!

Pokemon_Ron
03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Good news:

Amazon said SS should be here by the 17th :)

Lost Soul
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I just picked up HG (SS is coming in next week via amazon) the line was ridiculous, took me an hour at gamestop lol, and procrastination is going to begin full blast...i've got a couple exams in about a month and a powerpoint presentation in may lol...

Pokemon_Ron
03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I just picked up HG (SS is coming in next week via amazon) the line was ridiculous, took me an hour at gamestop lol, and procrastination is going to begin full blast...i've got a couple exams in about a month and a powerpoint presentation in may lol...

0-0
There was that many people at gamestop?

Lost Soul
03-14-2010, 06:51 PM
0-0
There was that many people at gamestop?

there was only one cashier until about 1:00, the other cashier came in late with kleenex up his nose lol, and maybe a quarter of the people in line weren't picking the game up

PureGoober
03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, i got SS.

My Current Team
In Cherrygrove City
Cyndaquil - Level 10
Pidgey - Level 8
Nidoran (Female) (Got via Pokewalker) - Level 6
Sentret (Got via Pokewalker) - Level 5
Weedle - Level 6

Snake Bite
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I have to wait for next paycheck. I think nintendo is going to be surprised this season. ;p

ShionRasenka
03-14-2010, 08:07 PM
No pre-order for me, but as soon as my mom comes down to visit (which will be god knows when) I'm getting her to buy it for me as a late 18th birthday present.

... wow you know you're a nerd when your 18th birthday present is a Pokemon game.
I just got back from Gamestop at our local mall, and I got both versions! I'm SO excited!

And Khajmer, you're SO not a nerd. I'm 23 and still way into Pokemon. There's no shame in it. Heck, I even did a POKEMON Powerpoint presentation for part of my comp class's final.

Pokemon_Ron
03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I just got back from Gamestop at our local mall, and I got both versions! I'm SO excited!

And Khajmer, you're SO not a nerd. I'm 23 and still way into Pokemon. There's no shame in it. Heck, I even did a POKEMON Powerpoint presentation for part of my comp class's final.

I would NEVER do that xD

Haha, Shion I remember you in the HG/SS old thread when it first got announced back in April '09.
Good to see you stuck around :)

Michelle8936
03-14-2010, 08:15 PM
You did a Pokemon Powerpoint presentation? I thought I was the only one who did that XD

Anyways, I ordered both my versions through Amazon a few months ago - be going with Totodile on HG and Cyndaquil on SS - and I can wait a few more days. Impatiently :susp:

killanotha1
03-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Got Heart Gold at 9am when gamestop opened. Ive spent more time using the pokewalker and trying to get a kangaskhan BEFORE I beat falkner. Maybe it iwll have to wait till after though . . .

Badges: 0
Team:
Mareep lvl 11
Spearow lvl 9
Chikorita lvl 9

--> In box; A ton of Doduo & Sentret & Venonats & Oddishes.

:((

Ampharos & Kanga & Fearow is the team I want

Ana Mollie
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Worst things about HG SS: They have the best 3 starters, its so hard to pick! Luckily my best freind and sister want different ones... So I'll probably end up picking Cyndaquil. Let's go Ditto and the Day care man!

PureGoober
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Got Heart Gold at 9am when gamestop opened. Ive spent more time using the pokewalker and trying to get a kangaskhan BEFORE I beat falkner. Maybe it iwll have to wait till after though . . .

Badges: 0
Team:
Mareep lvl 11
Spearow lvl 9
Chikorita lvl 9

--> In box; A ton of Doduo & Sentret & Venonats & Oddishes.

:((

Ampharos & Kanga & Fearow is the team I want

Wow, i'm just like you. I have 2000 steps in the first place.
I wanna find a doduo.
BTW, where did you get Mareep?

Lord Voldemort
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
You did a Pokemon Powerpoint presentation? I thought I was the only one who did that XD

Anyways, I ordered both my versions through Amazon a few months ago - be going with Totodile on HG and Cyndaquil on SS - and I can wait a few more days. Impatiently :susp:

Has your shipped yet?

Zorua
03-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, i'm just like you. I have 2000 steps in the first place.
I wanna find a doduo.
BTW, where did you get Mareep?

I found my Mareep right below Violet City in that first patch of grass to the right.

Anyway, I chose Cyndaquil and caught two Pokemon so far. I'm waiting for Red Gyarados before I catch anything more. My team so far:

Quilava Lvl 14
Mareep Lvl 14
Pidgey Lvl 14

Soon I'll trade over my Pikachu Colored Pichu that knows *VOLT TACKLE* and beast through the game with a Red Gyarados. I just finished Union Cave and I'm going to beat the Azalea Gym next.

Just as soon as my DS charges a little. CHARGE! CHARGE! CHARGE!

Michelle8936
03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Has your shipped yet?

I don't know, unfortunately ^^' Postal services and such are closed over the weekend here, so I'm presuming it'll arrive on Wednesday at the latest.
What I do know is that, no matter where you pre-ordered from is that it should be in on Friday. Although if it takes that long for mine, I'll be a little peeved 'cause March break is this week, not next week >.>

PureGoober
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I found my Mareep right below Violet City in that first patch of grass to the right.

Anyway, I chose Cyndaquil and caught two Pokemon so far. I'm waiting for Red Gyarados before I catch anything more. My team so far:

Quilava Lvl 14
Mareep Lvl 14
Pidgey Lvl 14

Soon I'll trade over my Pikachu Colored Pichu that knows *VOLT TACKLE* and beast through the game with a Red Gyarados. I just finished Union Cave and I'm going to beat the Azalea Gym next.

Just as soon as my DS charges a little. CHARGE! CHARGE! CHARGE!

Thank you. I gave up on Duduo. Managed to get me a Kanghaskan. Am currently looking for a Mareep. Keep me updated everyone.

ShionRasenka
03-14-2010, 11:37 PM
:wink: I would NEVER do that xD

Haha, Shion I remember you in the HG/SS old thread when it first got announced back in April '09.
Good to see you stuck around :)
Heck, it was off the top of my head. But it was fun and easy. And my teacher was impressed with all the info I had. XDD And yes, I'm glad I stuck around too. I lurk threads more than I post sometimes, lol.

Yep, I did. I guess you're not the only one now, huh? :wink: I really enjoyed it doing it. :happy:

Lord Fedora
03-14-2010, 11:43 PM
But I dont understand why it takes the 6 months just to translate the game? I really doubt that since there are hackers that translated it as soon as it came out. Its been out in Japan since like September I think.

They need to ensure that the translation is absolutely perfect, make necessary changes to both the wording and the coding, and then sit around and wait for stuff like the the Surf Glitch to pop up so they can patch it up.

spartan117
03-14-2010, 11:50 PM
They need to ensure that the translation is absolutely perfect, make necessary changes to both the wording and the coding, and then sit around and wait for stuff like the the Surf Glitch to pop up so they can patch it up.
I wish they could patch them up through wifi...

Ugh oh well at least I finally got the game. Its pretty good so far...though not the same feeling as Crystal though...

PureGoober
03-15-2010, 12:04 AM
I wish they could patch them up through wifi...

Ugh oh well at least I finally got the game. Its pretty good so far...though not the same feeling as Crystal though...

Yeah, it is pretty good. What part are you on?

spartan117
03-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it is pretty good. What part are you on?
Third gym right now with my Quilava. Its more exciting than Diamond was when I first got it.

PureGoober
03-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Third gym right now with my Quilava. Its more exciting than Diamond was when I first got it.

Wow! I'm in Bellsprout Tower! I am grinding alot though. I have 6 level 10s. Also, had a bball game, and been playing with the pokewalker.

spartan117
03-15-2010, 01:52 AM
Wow! I'm in Bellsprout Tower! I am grinding alot though. I have 6 level 10s. Also, had a bball game, and been playing with the pokewalker.
Oh cool. I didnt try out the Pokewalker yet. Im taking a break from the game for now. Ill play later though since Im not in a rush to beat it.

PureGoober
03-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh cool. I didnt try out the Pokewalker yet. Im taking a break from the game for now. Ill play later though since Im not in a rush to beat it.

If you have pokemon in your box, i seriously advise you to try the pokewalker. It's EPIC!

Peace Buyer
03-15-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm already done :P

You people are horrible if its taking you this long >:(

Sorry I'm not telling you my team, then you will find a way to combat it >:(

ShionRasenka
03-15-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm gonna start using my pokewalkers tomorrow. I'm planning on walking twice a day; in the morn and in the evening. I'm excited because I can start getting some exercise and lose this weight. And it'll help greatly with leveling up my pokemon. I'm not all all that for because I'm taking my time and reminising of the good old days. XDD

Volcanflame
03-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm already done :P

You people are horrible if its taking you this long >:(

Sorry I'm not telling you my team, then you will find a way to combat it >:(
You know, some people here actually have a life.

I still haven't got my copy yet. And I don't think it'll be released here anytime soon, hmmm...

-Volcan-

CrazyTrainer
03-15-2010, 02:42 AM
I can't wait to get I been waiting a year.

Phantom Kat
03-15-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm gonna start using my pokewalkers tomorrow. I'm planning on walking twice a day; in the morn and in the evening. I'm excited because I can start getting some exercise and lose this weight. And it'll help greatly with leveling up my pokemon. I'm not all all that for because I'm taking my time and reminising of the good old days. XDD

Forget diets; the Pokewalker is the new thing! :D

I'm too lazy to do walks. xD When I get mine, it won't see any use until I get back to school on the 22nd. Hehe, I'm going to hook it to my scrubs and go to clinicals. :D Man, I just hope I don't get soaked while giving a shower like the last time. xD

Dude, I can't wait for summer. Two words: marching band. I'm going to have so many watts, my Pokemon will have to eat the rest.

Also, since this seems to be the main HG/SS for now:

Yellow Forest will be available on Wi-Fi in the US (possibbly in EU and AUS as well) from April 1st through the 30th! This course will offer four kind of Pikachu: 1) one that has Fly, 2) another that has Surf, 3) another that has Volt Tackle, and 4) one who simply has normal Pikachu, level-up moves. The first two are "Rare" while the others are "Common". Got this info from Serebii.

- Kat

Poltergeist
03-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Man, I needed to buy this game yesterday! If only I had the money. It's not all bad I suppose since I did buy Platinum a few weeks ago and haven't even cracked it open yet. Hopefully it can hold me over till I finally get the needed funds for this.

spartan117
03-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Im going to take my time playing this game....cause rushing through it just kills it. Remembering the days of G/S/C is the reason i got it in the first place.

ShionRasenka
03-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Im going to take my time playing this game....cause rushing through it just kills it. Remembering the days of G/S/C is the reason i got it in the first place.
Amen to that my friend! I'm taking my time as well because I'm reminising the good ol' days. I'm really enjoying SoulSilver so far. I might stop after I get my first badge and play HeartGold tomorrow and catch up to SS.

Peace Buyer
03-15-2010, 04:23 AM
You know, some people here actually have a life.

I still haven't got my copy yet. And I don't think it'll be released here anytime soon, hmmm...

-Volcan-

Actually its called speed gammin :P
I just do that to see what happens :D

but yea I do have a life, and currently it was on pause >:(

spartan117
03-15-2010, 05:00 AM

You could do that...but when I do that, I beat the game...play with it for a little more. Then get bored of it and never play it again...therefore it would be a waste of $40. So yeah Im taking my time. Im on the third gym right now.

ShionRasenka
03-15-2010, 05:03 AM

Yay for speed gaming! XDD Ya, my life is VERY uneventful, so I have WAY too much time on my hands.... Since I'm laid off from work for the summer, I have some time to kill. But not too much cuz i have like.... 3 college courses I have to take, and two of them are back-to-back on two days, so i'll ge gone from 2 to 8pm.... and my other class is from 5:30 to 8pm or something on two other days. My mind is going to DIE. XDDD

Charmander009
03-15-2010, 07:58 PM
My gosh! I love this game! I think it was definately worth the wait, don't you? It's funny, because--even though I haven't played the old games forever--while I'm going through the story I keep shouting excitededly:

"I REMEMBER THAT! HAHAHAHA!" (Particularly with the one Sage from the Sprout tower who says, "Sway like leaves in the wind". Back when I was younger, I thought it was hilarious how he said that. xD)

Er, okay, maybe not out loud, but I'm getting such a kick out of it. I love all the new features, and the Pokewalker is so cute. <3 And having you're Pokemon following you around is so cute! <3

...Yes... I'm rather pleased with this remake... xD

ShionRasenka
03-16-2010, 12:26 AM
My gosh! I love this game! I think it was definately worth the wait, don't you? It's funny, because--even though I haven't played the old games forever--while I'm going through the story I keep shouting excitededly:

"I REMEMBER THAT! HAHAHAHA!" (Particularly with the one Sage from the Sprout tower who says, "Sway like leaves in the wind". Back when I was younger, I thought it was hilarious how he said that. xD)

Er, okay, maybe not out loud, but I'm getting such a kick out of it. I love all the new features, and the Pokewalker is so cute. <3 And having you're Pokemon following you around is so cute! <3

...Yes... I'm rather pleased with this remake... xD
The wait was SO worth it Char. I feel the EXACT same way.

Playing through SS has really taken me back. I keep thinking: 'I REMEMBER THAT!', just like you. And yeah, the Pokewalkers are cute!! And having your pokemon follow is great as well.

I'm currently in the Slowpoke Well with a lvl 13 Cyndaquil, lvl 14 Pidgey, a lvl 1 Togepi, and a lvl 5 Sentret I caught in the Pokewalker. Wish me luck. XDD

CrazyTrainer
03-16-2010, 12:28 AM
The wait was SO worth it Char. I feel the EXACT same way.

Playing through SS has really taken me back. I keep thinking: 'I REMEMBER THAT!', just like you. And yeah, the Pokewalkers are cute!! And having your pokemon follow is great as well.

I'm currently in the Slowpoke Well with a lvl 13 Cyndaquil, lvl 14 Pidgey, a lvl 1 Togepi, and a lvl 5 Sentret I caught in the Pokewalker. Wish me luck. XDD

Make sure you train your starter at highest levet and um if your gonna train sentret start now.

ShionRasenka
03-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Make sure you train your starter at highest levet and um if your gonna train sentret start now.
I just finished battling Bugsy and did great! My Cyndaquil evolved and is now lvl 17, and my Pidgey is lvl 16, almost 17. I didn't plan on using Togepi and Sentret obvioulsy since their low lvl and I already had a double advantage over Bugsy. XDD Proton wasn't difficult either. I was expecting a bit of a challenge since he's an Admin and all. Oh well. XDD Thnx for the advice though. I plan on lvl-ing Togepi up a bit and sending it over to my Diamond game that I restarted so I have a pokemon that can use Rosck Smash since none of my Dia pokemon can learn it.

Zorua
03-16-2010, 01:44 AM
This. Is. The. Best. Game. EVER!

6 Badges. 5 Pokemon. Red Garyados is the best Pokemon ever. When it's Lvl 100, it will own the game.

Quilava Lvl 31
Pichu Lvl 31
Pidgeotto Lvl 31
Garyados Lvl 32
Flaaffy Lvl 29

Sieses
03-16-2010, 01:49 AM

6 Badges. 5 Pokemon. Red Garyados is the best Pokemon ever. When it's Lvl 100, it will own the game.
I knew it would be the best game ever since before it came out in Japan. It did not disapoint.

So you have six badges? Ten to go. ^_^;;

And whynot put your team into the thread that has been made for that purpose?

Charmander009
03-16-2010, 03:57 AM

Amen, brother/sister! xD

Oh, and good luck Shion! (Unless you've already got past it. Goodness, you're all moving so fast... I still haven't got my first badge xD) *sighs* Oh, the wonderful nostalgia... *hugs her game*

ShionRasenka
03-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Hey guys! Just got Notched-Ear Pichu in Ilex Forest!! Teaching my Togepi Headbutt and anbout rerady to leave and head for Goldenrod City!!

@Charmander~ Yep, I'm past it XDD Thanks!! Yes, the nostalgia.... I'm reliving my childhood.... *hugs her games as well*

Charmander009
03-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Oh, you got the Pichu! 0,0 *is suddenly jealous* LoL, I have the Shiny Pichu... I just need to transfer it... and get all the way to the forest... and... yeah. xD (Oh, and you're welcome... even though it was belayed *if that's the right word?*) Yes, we're getting in touch with our inner child with this game. xD

Phantom Kat
03-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Just picked up Soul Silver today. Beat Falkner about an hour ago and will continue into Azalea tomorrow. Since I haven't played Crystal pass Falkner, everything is new to me. Hehe, my Porygon2's overworld sprite looks bug-eyed. xD

Sigh, sadly, I didn't get my Lugia figurine as I expected with my pre-order. They said they ran out yesterday. :/ I REALLY want to get it, but I can't find somewhere that sells them (Best Buy used to).

- Kat

Charmander009
03-16-2010, 05:48 AM
LoL, you just got it today, and you're past me! LoL

Oh, that's too bad about the Lugia figurine. They're pretty cool. ^^ But there's always... the internet!

(Sorry if I'm crowding this thread? I'm just really excited about this game! xD)

Roukan
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM

No, that's not at all what the case is.

Translate the game in desired languages.
Transfer from one market to the other (Japanese market to American Market, etc)
Ensure trademark/etc regional laws are clear.
Advertising and promotion for the region.
Manufacturing of translated box art, instructions, and game cards.

That's just the basics of what is done. Sometimes patching happens, but that's not just a regional thing. You gotta take into account that manufacturing and translating is a lot, and most 'hackers' do it poorly. At times coding needs to be altered for ingame events, but normally coding isn't touched.

Big ones are translating, advertising, and manufacturing. The other ones make up the rest of the time. Other areas, like the UK gain a type of delay cause of some translation needs (colour instead of color, for example) and regional advertising/marketing needs.

ShionRasenka
03-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Oh, you got the Pichu! 0,0 *is suddenly jealous* LoL, I have the Shiny Pichu... I just need to transfer it... and get all the way to the forest... and... yeah. xD (Oh, and you're welcome... even though it was belayed *if that's the right word?*) Yes, we're getting in touch with our inner child with this game. xD
Yep, I've got a Notched-Ear Pichu on my SS and I'm gonna get it on my HG game too. I've just started my HG BTW. I'll trade my Shiny Pichu over once I can trade. Yes, getting in touch in your inner child is good once in a while. ^^

And it's 'belated'. You were close. XDD

Just picked up Soul Silver today. Beat Falkner about an hour ago and will continue into Azalea tomorrow. Since I haven't played Crystal pass Falkner, everything is new to me. Hehe, my Porygon2's overworld sprite looks bug-eyed. xD

Sigh, sadly, I didn't get my Lugia figurine as I expected with my pre-order. They said they ran out yesterday. :/ I REALLY want to get it, but I can't find somewhere that sells them (Best Buy used to).

- Kat
Aw, sorry to hear that about the statues. :sad: Well, there's always the internet to see if anyone's selling them. Good searching for it if you do!!

LoL, you just got it today, and you're past me! LoL

Oh, that's too bad about the Lugia figurine. They're pretty cool. ^^ But there's always... the internet!

(Sorry if I'm crowding this thread? I'm just really excited about this game! xD)
Don't worry about crowding the thread, we're all excited about the games!! xDD I've posted several times in here myself. No biggie. xDD

-Holland-
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Quilava Lvl 31
Pichu Lvl 31
Pidgeotto Lvl 31
Garyados Lvl 32
Flaaffy Lvl 29

That's pretty much my exact team, except Pichu is Quagsire. I just beat the 7th gym and I'm at about those levels. I'm not at all prepared for the 8th gym, so I might have to get a few levels before I try the gym leader.

Mr420
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I got upset with myself. On Sunday of the release. I played till 2 AM. sadly in my Kush- binge that night I attained 3 gym badges and eventually fell asleep with my game on. At some point in my sleep I briefly woke up with the DSi on . & turned it off with out realizing I had not saved my game so the next time I turned on the game my save point was just before the Bellsprout tower. with not 1 gym badge to my name..:rolleyes:

Zorua
03-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I got upset with myself. On Synday of the release. I played till 2 AM. sadly in my Kush- bing that night I attained 3 gym badges and eventually fell asleep with my game on. At some point in my sleep I briefly woke up with the DSi on . & turned it off with out realizing I had not saved my game so the next time I turned on the game my save point was just before the Bellsprout tower. with not 1 gym badge to my name..:rolleyes:

I beat 3 gyms in two hours, without having to stay up late.

Master Zorua
03-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks to some egg transfers and sending my event Arceus, Shiny Pichu and Jirachi, I made out with a solid start. The Arceus allowed me to get a lvl 5 Giratina in a side quest at the Ruins of Alph (you can choose between Giratina, Palkia and Dialga), the event Pichu + visit to the Ilex forest shrine produced the notch-eared Pichu (lv. 30), and Jirachi is just all kinds of awesome. And with an Eevee egg + water stone to create my Vaporeon and a Dratini egg, so far things are going great ^.^ I'm about to head down to Whirl Islands to catch Lugia.

ShionRasenka
03-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I got upset with myself. On Synday of the release. I played till 2 AM. sadly in my Kush- bing that night I attained 3 gym badges and eventually fell asleep with my game on. At some point in my sleep I briefly woke up with the DSi on . & turned it off with out realizing I had not saved my game so the next time I turned on the game my save point was just before the Bellsprout tower. with not 1 gym badge to my name..:rolleyes:
Oh man, that reallys sucks dude. I would have thrown a fit once I realized that happened to me. xDD Where are you now?

Mr420
03-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Im about to fight the Gym leader to get my 2nd gym badge. and yeah you bet I was really mad at myself. I almost threw my face into the wall.:wall:

aside from that an undisclosed cloner has my Jirachi. and as soon as I get it back its for sure going into my HG/SS. along with PCP.

Phantom Kat
03-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Thanks to some egg transfers and sending my event Arceus, Shiny Pichu and Jirachi, I made out with a solid start. The Arceus allowed me to get a lvl 5 Giratina in a side quest at the Ruins of Alph (you can choose between Giratina, Palkia and Dialga), the event Pichu + visit to the Ilex forest shrine produced the notch-eared Pichu (lv. 30), and Jirachi is just all kinds of awesome. And with an Eevee egg + water stone to create my Vaporeon and a Dratini egg, so far things are going great ^.^ I'm about to head down to Whirl Islands to catch Lugia.

Oooh, that reminds me. I need to trade my Arceus to SS to get meh Giratina after I'm done with Johto. :D My Arceus is one I got in Pearl with an ARed Azure Flute (unfortunately for me, the nearest TRU is like two hours away, so TRU Arceus wasn't an option D:), but it still works.

In regards to that, what are the rest of you going to choose? Giratina, Palkia, or Dialga?

- Kat

ShionRasenka
03-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Im about to fight the Gym leader to get my 2nd gym badge. and yeah you bet I was really mad at myself. I almost threw my face into the wall.:wall:

aside from that an undisclosed cloner has my Jirachi. and as soon as I get it back its for sure going into my HG/SS. along with PCP.
I see, I see. Well, good luck!! Bugsy's not all that hard. His Scyther's a bit problematic if you don't have any Potions/Super Potions and a Fire or Flying-type pokemon. But all in all it only me maybe about 15 mins or so to beat him??

New_Glaceon
03-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Oooh, that reminds me. I need to trade my Arceus to SS to get meh Giratina after I'm done with Johto. :D My Arceus is one I got in Pearl with an ARed Azure Flute (unfortunately for me, the nearest TRU is like two hours away, so TRU Arceus wasn't an option D:), but it still works.

In regards to that, what are the rest of you going to choose? Giratina, Palkia, or Dialga?

- Kat
Giratina FTW

Powerman 6k
03-17-2010, 06:50 AM
It came, it owned the year 2000, and now it's owning again. Gotta catch 'em all.

-Holland-
03-17-2010, 07:05 AM

- Kat

Yeah, I butchered my Pearl with AR to get all that stuff I'd normally have to go to Toys 'R Us to get. The last time I went to Toys 'R Us was 10 years ago...

So...I take pride in my legit hacks. Some of them, I did a lot of resetting to get good IVs. I have yet to take the time to actually train them. = /

I'm definitely picking Giratina, because 1) the updated sprites for Palkia and Dialga look silly because the angle is inconsistent with, like, every other sprite in the games, 2) Giratina's sprite kicks ass and 3) Ghost types are the best.

(Oh, yeah, and props for choosing Pearl. That and Soul Silver are the colors no one wants. I happened to pick both.)

Powerman 6k
03-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I butchered my Pearl with AR to get all that stuff I'd normally have to go to Toys 'R Us to get. The last time I went to Toys 'R Us was 10 years ago...

So...I take pride in my legit hacks. Some of them, I did a lot of resetting to get good IVs. I have yet to take the time to actually train them. = /

I'm definitely picking Giratina, because 1) the updated sprites for Palkia and Dialga look silly because the angle is inconsistent with, like, every other sprite in the games, 2) Giratina's sprite kicks ass and 3) Ghost types are the best.

(Oh, yeah, and props for choosing Pearl. That and Soul Silver are the colors no one wants. I happened to pick both.)

Pahaha. When I went to pre-order SoulSilver, the manager told me thank you because everybody was getting HeartGold. Pleh. Girlfriend got HG, I got SS.

ShionRasenka
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Pahaha. When I went to pre-order SoulSilver, the manager told me thank you because everybody was getting HeartGold. Pleh. Girlfriend got HG, I got SS.
Wow, HeartGold was more popular than SoulSilver? :eek: I thought they were pretty much even. XDD So where are you now Powerman??

Mr420
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM

- Kat

I had to do it.I went with Giratina considering that its the only way I'd get a Griseous orb for the WIN!

haha We went the same route here. my son also got HG thanx to him holding on to Xmas GameStop gift cards. So eventually We'll all be able to get each others level 1 legendaries. we each pick a different legendary, we clone it on Diamond and distribute them to one another..How win is that?:thpoke_177:

declan9
03-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Which version are you able to catch caterpie on?
Also, does it have the wifi trading centre? And in which town?

Phantom Kat
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM

Caterpie is available in both versions, and the Global Trading Center is in Goldenrod (to the west).

My Porygon2 just kicked Morty's behind. :cool:

Okay, I just need a Ledyba to have all the Pokemon on my desired team. I've been looking for one since yesterday until I checked Serebii and found out I had to Headbutt trees to get a Ledyba. I was like, "Wow, okay. Wish I was told that earlier. :/" Also, does anybody know where/how I can check my Pokemon's happiness?

- Kat

New_Glaceon
03-17-2010, 09:43 PM
caterpie can be caught on HG and i think wifi is avalable after your 2nd or 3rd badge

Mr420
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I think the WiFi club is available after the 2nd gym badge.

ShionRasenka
03-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Caterpie is available in both versions.
Heartgold: Ilex Forest (via Headbutt), Viridian Forest, Route 2, Route 30+31, National Park, and the Bug-CatchingContest
SoulSilver: Bug-Catchign Contest only apparently.
(info from Serebii)

Caterpie is available in both versions, and the Global Trading Center is in Goldenrod (to the west).

Okay, I just need a Ledyba to have all the Pokemon on my desired team. I've been looking for one since yesterday until I checked Serebii and found out I had to Headbutt trees to get a Ledyba. I was like, "Wow, okay. Wish I was told that earlier. :/" Also, does anybody know where/how I can check my Pokemon's happiness?

- Kat
Yeah, it really helps to know where/how to get pokemon before looking for them. xDDD I ran into that problem with Ralts. I thouhgt I could get it on Route 34, and I can, just not until I get the National Dex and can play Hoenn Sound on my Radio.... :susp:

I think the WiFi club is available after the 2nd gym badge.
Actually, the Wifi Club is available right after you beat the Violet City Gym my friend. xDD

Charmander009
03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
*Gasp*

Shion, have you been looking at Serebii? =O

LoL, just joking. I have, too, actually... ^^' But, er, to mostly figure out the PokeWalker. I found out today that you can get rarer Pokemon the more you walk. In fact, I caught some Magby today! ^^

Don't you love how there's isn't a limited amount of PokeBalls in the PokeWalker?

Zorua
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Now I'm in the Kanto Region. I traded over some Pokemon from Platinum to train.

ShionRasenka
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
*Gasp*

Shion, have you been looking at Serebii? =O

LoL, just joking. I have, too, actually... ^^' But, er, to mostly figure out the PokeWalker. I found out today that you can get rarer Pokemon the more you walk. In fact, I caught some Magby today! ^^

Don't you love how there's isn't a limited amount of PokeBalls in the PokeWalker?
Yes, Yes I have been.... >>

Yeah, I looked on there mostly to plan what moves I want my pokemon to learn and to figure out the pokewalker. That's great!! Magby are pretty cute. ^^ Raise them well!! Yeah, I like the unlimited pokeballs. makes things easier.

Pokemon_Ron
03-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Soulsilver FINALLY came in the mail today. So much for pre-ordering it at Amazon, right? :/

It's pretty good. I messed around with the Pokewalker, and picked Cyndaquil. Taking my sweet time on it. I got nostaliga out the ass with this game :]

-Holland-
03-20-2010, 05:54 AM

- Kat

I'm pretty sure there's a happiness checker somewhere, like on the Poketch in D/P, but I have yet to find it. = / Although, I did find a guy in Celadon's Game Corner that tells you what Hidden Power your Pokemon has.

gemini spark
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
dammit
i still dont have ss
i like lugia cus he psychic(best type 4ever)
my dad wont let me buy games with he money...
i'am saving my own money
i was want sin & punisment2 T_T
ok i need 3 weeks to get ss
(if its realeased in ksa)

Mr Awesome
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm just waiting on the UK release and 30 to appear in my hands to buy it :(

Etymology
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm just waiting on the UK release and 30 to appear in my hands to buy it :(

This, except the 30 is already in my hands.

ShionRasenka
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm having a BLAST with these games! The nostalgia's really coming back. When I watered Sudowoodo and battled it, I was like: 'So we meet again after ten years, eh you ba****d??' I did NOT do well against it back in Silver and Gold, and I got my revenge!! :twisted:

I'm getting ready to fight Morty right now and get my fourth badge. I've got a little more leveling up to do, buy supplies, and I'm ready. Wish me luck!!

Pokemon_Ron
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm having a BLAST with these games! The nostalgia's really coming back. When I watered Sudowoodo and battled it, I was like: 'So we meet again after ten years, eh you ba****d??' I did NOT do well against it back in Silver and Gold, and I got my revenge!! :twisted:

I'm getting ready to fight Morty right now and get my fourth badge. I've got a little more leveling up to do, buy supplies, and I'm ready. Wish me luck!!

Is it me, or was Sudowoodo easier to catch this time around? xD

I FINALLY got a Dratini off the Pokewalker<3

ShionRasenka
03-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Is it me, or was Sudowoodo easier to catch this time around? xD

I FINALLY got a Dratini off the Pokewalker<3
I have to say, I think he WAS easier to catch this time around. I dunno why though. Maybe because we have more experience as trainers now. xDDD But I was like: 'OH YEAH, IN YOUR FACE!! I BEAT YOU THIS TIME SUCKER!!'.

Oooohhhhh, congrats on the Dratini!! I want one too.... *is uber jealous*

500TH POST BABY!! YEAH!! XDD

Pokemon_Ron
03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I have to say, I think he WAS easier to catch this time around. I dunno why though. Maybe because we have more experience as trainers now. xDDD But I was like: 'OH YEAH, IN YOUR FACE!! I BEAT YOU THIS TIME SUCKER!!'.

Oooohhhhh, congrats on the Dratini!! I want one too.... *is uber jealous*

500TH POST BABY!! YEAH!! XDD

I gave up on catching a Kanghaskan though, :/