PDA

View Full Version : HeartGold Issues

Eternal Moonlight
03-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I didn`t know where to post this, so I figured here was okay. Anyways, my brother got HeartGold earlier and wants to save his game. Problem is, it says "There is already a saved file. It is impossible to save. Please refer to the instruction booklet for details. "

Thing is, I checked the little booklet that the game came with many times and didn`t really see anything concerning the issue. My brother is almost having a fit over it as he doesn`t want to lose his progress. Any help whatsoever would REALLY be enjoyed!

Near
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
LMAO if this is a glitch in every single of the english games. Goes to show how well they test it -.-

PureGoober
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm playing SoulSilver, and it's working GREAT! Sorry, I can't help. I'll try HeartGold, and see if I have the same problem.

Also, you could just return the game, and get a new one.

Master Aqua
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
i hope this dosent happen with my heart gold when i get it a week on friday.

New_Glaceon
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I didn`t know where to post this, so I figured here was okay. Anyways, my brother got HeartGold earlier and wants to save his game. Problem is, it says "There is already a saved file. It is impossible to save. Please refer to the instruction booklet for details. "

Thing is, I checked the little booklet that the game came with many times and didn`t really see anything concerning the issue. My brother is almost having a fit over it as he doesn`t want to lose his progress. Any help whatsoever would REALLY be enjoyed!
im playing HG right now with no issues, chances are its an isolated issue. you could try to reset the game card itself.

Trainer17
03-15-2010, 02:59 AM
It's pretty simple. Yes, they do tell you to look over the Instruction Booklet(which is a crap bypass btw). Just press Down(from the pad) + Select + B. This will erase any existing game file. Ask your brother then to start a new game, and save. Tell me if this works.

spartan117
03-15-2010, 02:59 AM
You'll most likely have to restart the game...I see no other way around this. If that doesnt help then return the game.

Etymology
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
It's pretty simple. Yes, they do tell you to look over the Instruction Booklet(which is a crap bypass btw). Just press Down(from the pad) + Select + B. This will erase any existing game file. Ask your brother then to start a new game, and save. Tell me if this works.

This. It is not a glitch, and this is also present in D/P/Pt. You cannot save over a save file, you must first delete it.

Just press Down + Select + B at the opening screen.

killanotha1
03-16-2010, 03:07 AM
Yea like BlueJello said, its not a glitch. Your brother had a save file and he made a new one. It is in the instruction manual, page 11.