PDA

View Full Version : HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3720/newslogo1.jpg

Have a quick question about HeartGold or SoulSilver?
Want to bring up a topic that doesn't deserve it's own thread?
Just want to chat about the games in general?

Post here!

Zorua
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
I just beat Ecruteak Gym and got Surf. What Pokemon can you catch that learn Surf on Route 37 and 38?

Bumblebee16
03-15-2010, 08:13 PM
You could've captured a Wooper sometime back, try fishin'

Sieses
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Furret can learn Surf... Let's see... I can't think of any that apear on that route off the top of my head but you can go to Olivine City and get a Good Rod(?) and fish one out of there.

Trainer17
03-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Which is why I always pick Totodile as my Starter. Unless of course, you want to go through Mt.Mortar(was it?) then get to the Lake of Rage and capture the Red Gyarados there for Surfin'.

sheepskinfuton
03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Can you only trade Pokemon if you have Platinum? Cause all I have is Diamond. D':

Sieses
03-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Can you only trade Pokemon if you have Platinum? Cause all I have is Diamond. D':
No, I traded my Magnetric over from Diamond version, thus proving you don't need Platinum.

sheepskinfuton
03-17-2010, 12:50 AM
No, I traded my Magnetric over from Diamond version, thus proving you don't need Platinum.

How? Does the trade thing automatically work when you go to Violet City? Or after you beat Falkner?

And I'm assuming you need two DS to trade, seeing as I only have one I am SOL.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-17-2010, 03:21 AM
How? Does the trade thing automatically work when you go to Violet City? Or after you beat Falkner?

And I'm assuming you need two DS to trade, seeing as I only have one I am SOL.
You definitely need 2 DS's to trade by yourself. If you have WiFi, someone can help you trade them between games though. =)

As for when you can trade, I don't have the games myself yet but I read that you can do it as soon as you get the Pokedex?

Lost Soul
03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
the first pokemon game i ever got was Gold, and i remember finding a shiny drowzee, i've gone through every single game since then, some twice, and never found a shiny...until now...12:30 in the morning and half a sleep while leveling my ground and fire types for the Olivine gym and i run into a golden rattata...awesome

Charmander009
03-17-2010, 08:48 PM
So... How does one go about evolving Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in these games?

Me Amigo Esper informed me that there's no way other than trading through DPPt. This true?

Phantom Kat
03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
So... How does one go about evolving Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon in these games?

Me Amigo Esper informed me that there's no way other than trading through DPPt. This true?

Seeing as the rocks are only found in Sinnoh, seems like it. D:

- Kat

Mr420
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM

So true.. as Leafoen & Glaceon were eeveelutions introduces into D/P/P only. so yeah.. you need to have Glaceon traded to you Via D/P/P.

Sieses
03-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Seeing as the rocks are only found in Sinnoh, seems like it. D:

- Kat
I really wish they put the Moss Rock in Viridian Forest and the Frost(?) Rock in the Seafoam Islands (I mean those two weren't in the original games but are in this one). But oh well, they can't think of everything, right?

1337bonsly
03-18-2010, 09:21 AM
At what point in Heart Gold is it possible to trade with Diamond? I'm really hoping I don't have to grind through the whole game before I can use my Turtwig.

Bumblebee16
03-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Not sure, but I noticed I could trade after I beat Falkner.

1337bonsly
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks! Sounds like they don't have the crazy restrictions they did on Fire Red.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Not sure, but I noticed I could trade after I beat Falkner.

I heard all Pokemon outside of the Johto Dex merely come up as question marks. Not sure how true this is as I'm sticking to classic Kanto/Johto Pokemon.

Bumblebee16
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I heard all Pokemon outside of the Johto Dex merely come up as question marks. Not sure how true this is as I'm sticking to classic Kanto/Johto Pokemon.

Yeah, I think they come up like that in the dex, but can still use them.

Professor Geoffrey
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know a way back into the Sinjoh Ruins? I already did the Arceus event there, but I like going back to special places so that I can hatch eggs there.

New_Glaceon
03-19-2010, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know a way back into the Sinjoh Ruins? I already did the Arceus event there, but I like going back to special places so that I can hatch eggs there.
you would need to have a second arceus from a different event {EX: first was movie 12 and the second could be gamestop.} Only then would the game let you back into the sinjoh ruins. that is unless you have AR then perhaps there is another way.

Master Aqua
03-20-2010, 12:05 PM
is there any decent way that i can record my adventures in johto?
albiet a little late i finnished it and beat red ages ago

Elite_Battle_Master
03-20-2010, 11:33 PM
When is Latios' nature set in Soul Silver? Right when you encounter it or is it right when you talk to Steven and he informs you that it is roaming around Kanto? Just trying to figure it out so I can see if I even should be trying to look for it with my Timid Synchronize Ralts.

Thanks!

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
03-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Is HeatGold / SoulSilver compatible with the Game Boy Advance games? In other words, can I trade from Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, and / or Emerald, to HG/SS? Is there a Pal Park or trade method available?

KantoBreeder
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Is HeatGold / SoulSilver compatible with the Game Boy Advance games? In other words, can I trade from Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, and / or Emerald, to HG/SS? Is there a Pal Park or trade method available?
Pal Park is where the Kanto safari zone was.

Charmander009
03-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Yeah, I think they work like the other games with swarms and whatnot.

I think it says so in the instruction manual. :oops:

KantoKid
03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
How can I get my Feebas to evolve in HeartGold?

Etymology
03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
How can I get my Feebas to evolve in HeartGold?

Go to Daisy and get (massages/scents, I forget which) on your Feebas. The contest stats are hidden in this game, and this raises Beauty. Daisy is in Pallet Town, above Oak's lab.

Black Label
03-25-2010, 11:34 PM
I just beat all the Kanto gyms...and my 5 pokemon team rounded out to level 50.

This is no where near enough to fight Red.

Any training spot suggestions? This is where the game makes me sadface, no VS Seeker.

Etymology
03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
I just beat all the Kanto gyms...and my 5 pokemon team rounded out to level 50.

This is no where near enough to fight Red.

Any training spot suggestions? This is where the game makes me sadface, no VS Seeker.

The Elite 4 is probably your best bet.

Black Label
03-25-2010, 11:47 PM
The Elite 4 is probably your best bet.

Doesn't the E4 get its power boost after you defeat the 8 gyms of Kanto?

Bumblebee16
03-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Doesn't the E4 get its power boost after you defeat the 8 gyms of Kanto?

I think it does, but they don't go higher than 75 so I've heard

Black Label
03-25-2010, 11:54 PM
That means I'll be 25 levels under them. xD I was level 40 when I managed to beat them, and thats only 10 levels...Hmmm.

Michelle8936
03-26-2010, 12:06 AM
If you check Serebii, you can get a list of the trainers you can fight each day, depending on the time of day. They're pretty good too because their teams will go from mid 50s to 60s.
My team of six were all at level sixty before I creamed Blue :P

-Holland-
03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I think it does, but they don't go higher than 75 so I've heard

I fought them after I beat Red, so I'm assuming that's when it happens.

Also, the lowest level is about 56 or so, and the highest is Dragonite at 75 (Garchomp and Salamence are 72, I think). If you have generally good Pokemon, I'd say you can beat them in the mid-50s or so (my team was 56-57). My general strategy was to use Dragon Dance as much as possible with Gyarados and push my way through. Karen is extremely hard to beat, though.

declan9
03-26-2010, 08:41 AM
I love soulsilver :d:d:d

pokemonfanboy2000
03-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Just caught an Entei

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zx786r.png
Brave/lv40
roar
fire spin
stomp
flamethrower

Tombi
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Professor Oak's chattin' me up. Just asked me for my number.

Etymology
03-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Just got SoulSilver. On my way to Mr.Pokemon with my Chikorita. The game looks great.

pokemonfanboy2000
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Resseted the game 1000 times and got shiny entei same moves.

Black Label
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I finally beat the Clair and Lance Double Battle with Silver. xD

The pokes Silver brings really sucks, you guys need to bring your best.

-Holland-
03-27-2010, 02:18 AM
I finally beat the Clair and Lance Double Battle with Silver. xD

The pokes Silver brings really sucks, you guys need to bring your best.

My answer to everything in Soul Silver is Gyarados. Works in every battle except Lt. Surge. = /

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Resseted the game 1000 times and got shiny entei same moves.
That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't have the patience for that. xD How long did it take?

I just reached Azalea Town. Everyone keeps saying that they're under-leveled a lot by the later stages of the game so I'm taking it slow. xD

Etymology
03-27-2010, 10:31 AM
That's pretty awesome. I wouldn't have the patience for that. xD How long did it take?

I just reached Azalea Town. Everyone keeps saying that they're under-leveled a lot by the later stages of the game so I'm taking it slow. xD

Ugh. Azalea was gross. My level 19 Poliwag and my level 19 Bayleef couldn't win it. It was only until I trained up the Onix you got from a trade, Rocky, to level 15 that I won it. Rock Throw really helped.

I'm currently on the way out of Ilex forest.

The Pokewalker is cool, too. 8D

Master Aqua
03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
huh those should be high enough to bet buggys easily, i creamrd with with a level 25 crocanaw.

i also got this pokemon

skarmory*
impish
27/29/28/08/31/31

i know all the ivs bar special attck were above 26, i am just tryijng to rember off the top of my head.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I had a bit of trouble with Bugsy's Scyther too. Even though I had 4 Pokemon on level 21. xD Guess it doesn't help that I started with Chikorita and half my Pokemon so far are weak to Bug types lol. I beat him after a couple tries though.

Tombi
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I had a bit of trouble with Bugsy's Scyther too. Even though I had 4 Pokemon on level 21. xD Guess it doesn't help that I started with Chikorita and half my Pokemon so far are weak to Bug types lol. I beat him after a couple tries though.

I took him on with level 13-15's. I tend to jump the gun a lot with gyms and stuff (in D/P, I took on the league with level 45-50's xD) but once I evolved my Mareep and Cyndaquil, he was a lot easier. But yeah, Scyther was a betch.

Etymology
03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I took him on with level 13-15's. I tend to jump the gun a lot with gyms and stuff (in D/P, I took on the league with level 45-50's xD) but once I evolved my Mareep and Cyndaquil, he was a lot easier. But yeah, Scyther was a betch.

Go figure. People who started with Chikorita often have a harder time throughout the game. xD

I don't care. I love my Bayleef. <3

I'm at the Burned Tower now. Went out on a huge bike ride and racked up about 5000 steps on the Pokewalker. I caught two Magby and a Ponyta. I also got a Burn Heal, Hard Stone and Red Shard. Now I've unlocked the Beautiful Beach. Time to catch Poliwag galore. <3

I also have a Ditto, who I enjoy using in the Pokeathlon. :D

gemini spark
03-27-2010, 05:27 PM
hgss seems harder than dppt right?

Etymology
03-27-2010, 05:33 PM

I feared that the game would be too easy due to over-levelling, but it's been pretty good so far. I'd say that HGSS is just that bit harder.

Mr420
03-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Considering most of my team was brought in from UT pokemon in my Platinum They've been leveling up fairy well. esp w/t a lucky egg I managed to get just before the the game's release, that and exp share. at the moment I now have 7 gym badges. my whole team is a valid lvl 36 and kicking butt. I have also managed to GTS a Japanese Ditto and begun Masuda breeding my Rash Vulpix on the side(fingers crossed) I now have 1 1/2 box full of well what else (unusable) vulpixes to me other than trading away..

Pokemon_Ron
03-27-2010, 07:58 PM
In my opinion yes so far. I've heard that the ending is pretty hard when you face Red and stuff.
Considering most of my team was brought in from UT pokemon in my Platinum They've been leveling up fairy well. esp w/t a lucky egg I managed to get just before the the game's release, that and exp share. at the moment I now have 7 gym badges. my whole team is a valid lvl 36 and kicking butt. I have also managed to GTS a Japanese Ditto and begun Masuda breeding my Rash Vulpix on the side(fingers crossed) I now have 1 1/2 box full of well what else (unusable) vulpixes to me other than trading away..

Good luck on getting a Shiny Vulpix man!

Black Label
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I was severely under leveled, more than I have ever been for any other game.

Remembering back from G/S/C, I was always over leveled, and used 6 Pokemon, and was still 3-7 levels higher without grinding.

However, I got out of Victory Road at level 39, and I just grinded to make it an even 40. And with luck I managed to beat the 1337's. xD

Pokemon_Ron
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I was severely under leveled, more than I have ever been for any other game.

Remembering back from G/S/C, I was always over leveled, and used 6 Pokemon, and was still 3-7 levels higher without grinding.

However, I got out of Victory Road at level 39, and I just grinded to make it an even 40. And with luck I managed to beat the 1337's. xD

Holy crap!
I'm just caught the Red Gyradoes and my team is all level 30 O:

The pokemaster
03-28-2010, 04:13 AM
YAY I finally got HeartGold. I haven't got very far but...
Pretty lame team still
lvl14 Quilave
lvl13 Sentret
lvl12 Onyx (yeh, I traded a Bellsprout for one in Violet City :P)
lvl10 Mareep

Im upto the Pokemon centre with the weird dude selling slowpoke tails just past Violet City.

btw, i somehow think i found a cloning glitch involving the pokewalker

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Dude, what the heck!?!?

I just noticed that I skipped like 2 gyms. After I beat Morty, I went right and got to Mahogany Town and battled Pryce and found out he was the 7th Gym Leader. I was wondering why his Pokemon were leveled up so high. Ohh, my. Haha.

Mr420
03-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Dude, what the heck!?!?

I just noticed that I skipped like 2 gyms. After I beat Morty, I went right and got to Mahogany Town and battled Pryce and found out he was the 7th Gym Leader. I was wondering why his Pokemon were leveled up so high. Ohh, my. Haha.

Ha ha, I did that with the Cianwood Gym, right when I got there I went straight to the Pharmacy & headed back to the light house/beat the Gym leader when I noticed I completly skipt out on Cianwood, but the backtracking help level me up some .. no complaints here.

-Holland-
03-28-2010, 06:55 AM

I'd say it is, especially once you get to the Kanto gyms, because the levels jump in far higher increments in shorter periods of time. By the time I fought Blue, my levels were only 5-6 above what I fought the Elite Four with, and I fought almost every trainer in Kanto.

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm very dissapointed that the Pokeradar isn't available as a key item in HG/SS. Made getting shinies alot easier. Guess I'll have to start using the Masuda Method!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-28-2010, 08:55 AM
There's no VS Seeker?! How annoying...

I'm only at Goldenrod but do there seem to be way less trainers to battle than in the other games, or is it just me (yes, I know they're just sticking to GSC)? xD That's pretty much the only reason I'd say HGSS seems harder than DP.

And agreed with the PokeRadar thing, even though I sucked at it. xD

pokemonfanboy2000
03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
im at the 7th gym but theres a isue i have japan version so i dont know how to breed and everything can anyone help me out heatran and ditto have been in the daycare for 3days and no egg.

Ayotui
03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
im at the 7th gym but theres a isue i have japan version so i dont know how to breed and everything can anyone help me out heatran and ditto have been in the daycare for 3days and no egg.

legendary pokemon cant breed no matter how long you stick them in the daycare.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Heatran's a legendary so you can't breed it.

pokemonfanboy2000
03-28-2010, 09:54 AM
i knew that LOL

Tombi
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Dude, what the heck!?!?

Literally just did that. Well, my Pokemon are around level thirty, so I didn't think it was too bad- but then I found out he's the 7th and I only have four badges. XDD Looks like I have to go to Cianwood after all...

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 03:55 PM
There's no VS Seeker?! How annoying...

I'm only at Goldenrod but do there seem to be way less trainers to battle than in the other games, or is it just me (yes, I know they're just sticking to GSC)? xD That's pretty much the only reason I'd say HGSS seems harder than DP.

And agreed with the PokeRadar thing, even though I sucked at it. xD
I sucked at it too but it was still fun xD

Literally just did that. Well, my Pokemon are around level thirty, so I didn't think it was too bad- but then I found out he's the 7th and I only have four badges. XDD Looks like I have to go to Cianwood after all...

Pryce was easy to beat also, just his Piloswine got on my nerves. I took him out with my Quilava though. I'm in Cianwood now also....

Tombi
03-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Pryce was easy to beat also, just his Piloswine got on my nerves. I took him out with my Quilava though. I'm in Cianwood now also....

I didn't bother. 'Seventh leader? Oh. K. *restarts*'

Piloswine is an absolute shambles. He's weak to PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I didn't bother. 'Seventh leader? Oh. K. *restarts*'

Piloswine is an absolute shambles. He's weak to PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL

He kept freezing me with Ice Shard D:

Etymology
03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
He kept freezing me with Ice Shard D:

Ice Shard isn't a freezing move...

You meant Ice Beam, right?

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Ice Shard isn't a freezing move...

You meant Ice Beam, right?

Yeah, one of them moves froze me xD

Wait...maybe it was his Dewgong that froze me. Ah, hell, I don't know lol.

Lost Soul
03-29-2010, 12:31 AM
i just got to lugia in my soulsilver, and SRing for a shiny one, my question is this, is the overland lugia sprite become shiny when it's shiny? or do i have to constantly "encounter" it to check?

Pokemon_Ron
03-29-2010, 12:38 AM
i just got to lugia in my soulsilver, and SRing for a shiny one, my question is this, is the overland lugia sprite become shiny when it's shiny? or do i have to constantly "encounter" it to check?

Supposedly not. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9pCN_iwdM) is proof. Just skip to 1:50 and watch thereforth to see the evidence.

Lost Soul
03-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Supposedly not. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9pCN_iwdM) is proof. Just skip to 1:50 and watch thereforth to see the evidence.

ok, thanks, i wasn't sure because if you have a shiny as your lead its sprite is shiny

Pokemon_Ron
03-29-2010, 12:46 AM
ok, thanks, i wasn't sure because if you have a shiny as your lead its sprite is shiny

It would have been better if for the Legendary overworld was shiny if the Pokemon was shiny. It would save alot more time. When I get to Lugia, I'll try SR'ing for 2 weeks tops to get one.

Lost Soul
03-29-2010, 12:55 AM
It would have been better if for the Legendary overworld was shiny if the Pokemon was shiny. It would save alot more time. When I get to Lugia, I'll try SR'ing for 2 weeks tops to get one.

i don't know how long i'm going to try, probably until my patience runs dry, which unfortunately can be pretty fast lol

Pokemon_Ron
03-29-2010, 12:58 AM
i don't know how long i'm going to try, probably until my patience runs dry, which unfortunately can be pretty fast lol

Same here. We'll see how long I last. I'll probably get tired of the start screen after a while xD

-Holland-
03-29-2010, 04:32 AM

I only like getting shinies if the alternate color looks cool. Like, Flareon isn't the best, but I did AR a shiny one a long time ago because the shiny sprite looks awesome.

I'm just trying for good natures on my legendaries. It took me long enough to get a Timid Lugia...but good luck getting that shiny.

We'll see how long I last.

That's what she said.

Mr Awesome
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, I beat the second gym today and I'm asking if I should train a Mareep to join the current team:

Quilava Lv. 19
Pidgeotto Lv. 19
Gastly Lv. 18

I feel as if having 4 pokemon on my team already is too much or not.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey guys, I beat the second gym today and I'm asking if I should train a Mareep to join the current team:

Quilava Lv. 19
Pidgeotto Lv. 19
Gastly Lv. 18

I don't think it's too much. I prefer to get my whole team together ASAP. xD Mareep seems like it would fit in well with your team, so I'd say go for it. =)

luke39
03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
In Heart Gold. I'm up to Red Gyarados. Currently searching for Entei.

In Soul Silver. I'm up to Chuck/Lighthouse saga.

Wish my Wi-fi would work so I could go to the GTS.

The pokemaster
03-31-2010, 04:08 AM
I is thinking ma Arceus is liking ma Pokewalker...

@Mr Awesome: I just beat Whitney, and i've already got 8 that I steadily rotate...
so I dont think 4 is too many XD

-Holland-
03-31-2010, 04:21 AM

Quilava Lv. 19
Pidgeotto Lv. 19
Gastly Lv. 18

Well, for the reason that Ampharos is a bamf, then I'd say go for it.

Cucumber
03-31-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm pretty much done with this game O_o. I beat Red, the second Elite Four, and cought Lugia, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, and Groudon. I just need to get the roaming legendaries, the birds, and suicune. I'm off too it :o.

Also, Red is a pain. Especially considering it's hailing and his Blastoise's Blizzard never misses because of it >__>

Vanity
03-31-2010, 05:40 AM
I have to think of a unique team to use on this game, I want some different pokemon in there. Right now I got my Totodile so someone help me decide some other members, I preferably only want 5, so I have a space for a HM slave.

Pokemon_Ron
03-31-2010, 06:19 AM
I have to think of a unique team to use on this game, I want some different pokemon in there. Right now I got my Totodile so someone help me decide some other members, I preferably only want 5, so I have a space for a HM slave.

I went through with Pokemon that I have never used before in a Pokemon game with the storyline.
But umm...get a Mareep, they're pretty useful.
Pidgeys are useful.
Unlock some courses and get some Pokemon off them. They're pretty good.

Vanity
03-31-2010, 06:24 AM
I went through with Pokemon that I have never used before in a Pokemon game with the storyline.
But umm...get a Mareep, they're pretty useful.
Pidgeys are useful.
Unlock some courses and get some Pokemon off them. They're pretty good.

I don't want to use pokemon like pidgey - because so many people use it. I was hoping a team like this.

Feraligtr.
Crobat/Aerodactyl.
Snorlax/Gengar.
Poliwrath.
Ampharos/Arcanine.
HM Slave.

I find it fun to have because no one else has a team like it.

Pokemon_Ron
03-31-2010, 06:31 AM
I don't want to use pokemon like pidgey - because so many people use it. I was hoping a team like this.

Feraligtr.
Crobat/Aerodactyl.
Snorlax/Gengar.
Poliwrath.
Ampharos/Arcanine.
HM Slave.

I find it fun to have because no one else has a team like it.

Feraligatr
Crobat
Snorlax
Poliwrath
Arcanine
HM Slave

sounds good^^^

Vanity
03-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Feraligatr
Crobat
Snorlax
Poliwrath
Arcanine
HM Slave

sounds good^^^

Thanks for yah help. I may keep an Ampharos as well, since I might need it and I might slip it in if one of them doesn't please me.

Pokemon_Ron
03-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for yah help. I may keep an Ampharos as well, since I might need it and I might slip it in if one of them doesn't please me.

Yeah. I didn't put Ampharos because you said you wanted a unique team and alot of people use Ampharos.

Vanity
03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Yeah. I didn't put Ampharos because you said you wanted a unique team and alot of people use Ampharos.

Yeah - I can agree with that, but its always a good back up.

MF HectoOR
04-01-2010, 02:06 AM
i was searching but not 100% confident in answer. I'm ev training with no exp share or ev boosting items. I want to ev train my whole team so i was wondering if let say i want atk and spd on the lead pokemon, but a wild sp.atk ev pokemon is out. I would like to switch to my butterfree to ev it's sp. atk. So my question is does that mean my lead also get sp.atk evs? because i do not want that. Please let me know.

Ali the Dark One
04-01-2010, 06:15 AM
i was searching but not 100% confident in answer. I'm ev training with no exp share or ev boosting items. I want to ev train my whole team so i was wondering if let say i want atk and spd on the lead pokemon, but a wild sp.atk ev pokemon is out. I would like to switch to my butterfree to ev it's sp. atk. So my question is does that mean my lead also get sp.atk evs? because i do not want that. Please let me know.

I believe that all pokemon involved in the battle gain full EVP's from the opponent after it's defeated, so, the first pokemon out would gain the EVP's as well. Though, I'm not an expert, so someone else should confirm.

My Question:

If a pokemon holding a Focus Sash (Leaves pokemon with 1HP if said pokemon is attacked while at full health) uses an attack that makes it faint (e.g. Explosion, Self-Destruct, Memento, etc.) while at full health, will that pokemon still faint or would they be left with 1HP?

~Ali the Dark One~

Pokemon_Ron
04-01-2010, 06:45 AM

You only get the EV's if for example you have a Exp. Share attached.

This (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/960099/59369) guide may help you out with EV training.

Mr Awesome
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Does anyone want to be super awesome and trade my Haunter then trade it back so I have a Gengar?

Ayotui
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
My Question:

If a pokemon holding a Focus Sash (Leaves pokemon with 1HP if said pokemon is attacked while at full health) uses an attack that makes it faint (e.g. Explosion, Self-Destruct, Memento, etc.) while at full health, will that pokemon still faint or would they be left with 1HP?

~Ali the Dark One~

yes, it will faint.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I caught all the Unowns A-Z. My strategy guide says that after I accomplish that, the "?" Unown and "!" Unown should appear at the enterance to the ruins. They have not appeared. Do I have to collect the treasures in the last two puzzle rooms before they'll appear? I'm frustrated.

Tombi
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I caught all the Unowns A-Z. My strategy guide says that after I accomplish that, the "?" Unown and "!" Unown should appear at the enterance to the ruins. They have not appeared. Do I have to collect the treasures in the last two puzzle rooms before they'll appear? I'm frustrated.

Yes. You have to explore the back rooms for the items, then go talk to the researcher or something similar along those lines. ? and ! appear in the ruin entrance after you inspect the back panel, leave, then go back in again. I think.

Vanity
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
How do I wake up Snorlax?

Calypso
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
How do I wake up Snorlax?

Talk to the older man at the Radio Station in Lavender Town. He should give you the Expansion Card for your radio, which allows you to tune into the Poke Flute station. Use it when you're next to Snorlax; it will wake up and attack.

Vanity
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Talk to the older man at the Radio Station in Lavender Town. He should give you the Expansion Card for your radio, which allows you to tune into the Poke Flute station. Use it when you're next to Snorlax; it will wake up and attack.

Alright thanks, I caught it. :)

I have decided to start again, I'm trading off my worthwhile Pokemon - Scizor, Ho-oh, Snorlax, etc.

I didn't have a Johto team I was dedicated to enough so it seems impossible to beat the Kanto leaders.

Diazanite
04-06-2010, 01:53 AM
uhh...is it normal for a focus banded gengar to survive 3 blows at 1 hp by a lv 41 kingdra when its lvl 31? cuz this is really awesome but...wierd at the same time..

Vanity
04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm losing the drive to play this game.

Somebody give me a reason, or some sort of push to play the game.

jsms1095
04-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Can I restart my game and still use my pokewalker? I've looked around, but all the info seems to conflict. I didn't catch Sudowoodo in the beginning, and now I want it. If I can't reset my pokewalker to my new game, I don't want to start over.

Thanks,

Janet

Mr420
04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Can I restart my game and still use my pokewalker? I've looked around, but all the info seems to conflict. I didn't catch Sudowoodo in the beginning, and now I want it. If I can't reset my pokewalker to my new game, I don't want to start over.

Thanks,

Janet

I read somewhere in my manual that it is possible to reset your PKWLKR to your game if you happen to restart the game.

androidspud
04-12-2010, 08:54 AM

Thanks,

Janet

i had the same problem but sudowoodo reapeared later on, i think once you beat the elite four it'll come back.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/interactable.shtml

it only says it will happen with snorlax here, but it DID happen in my game and i was able to go back and catch sudowoodo. took me by surprise to find him blocking the road again, considering i think i made him faint or was dumb enough to try running from it. although in my defence i slept very little when i first got the game and probably wasn't thinking straight lol

androidspud
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
i actually have a question of my own while im here.

if i use worry seed and then swith out my pokemon, will worry seed stop working like mean look etc, or does it keep working like leech seed??

killanotha1
04-13-2010, 02:57 AM
i actually have a question of my own while im here.

if i use worry seed and then swith out my pokemon, will worry seed stop working like mean look etc, or does it keep working like leech seed??

As far as I know it should word like leech seed because it isn't dependent on the pokemon who used it.

Judgmental Arceus
04-13-2010, 03:36 AM
This isn't a question related directly to in game mechanics, but does anyone think there should be a Mew and Celebi event for HG/SS?

Mawile-Danmaku
04-16-2010, 12:58 AM
WTF? I was facing a rancher in the Battle Arcade on SoulSilver, and she sent out a lv. 51 ENTEI. Yes, that's right, an Entei. Last I checked, it was still roamin' 'round Jhoto.

Is that normal?

Charmander009
04-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Well, crazy things happen in the Arcade. ^^' I think that some of the higher trainers in the Arcade get Legendaries, like in the Battle frontiers before. (Or else you were beaten to the punk xD)

So.... does anyone know where you can get the TM Poison Jab? My poor Nidoqueen is begging for a real Poison move.

Calypso
04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, crazy things happen in the Arcade. ^^' I think that some of the higher trainers in the Arcade get Legendaries, like in the Battle frontiers before. (Or else you were beaten to the punk xD)

So.... does anyone know where you can get the TM Poison Jab? My poor Nidoqueen is begging for a real Poison move.

Janine gives you it after you defeat her.

MoonKit
04-18-2010, 12:53 AM
This isn't a question related directly to in game mechanics, but does anyone think there should be a Mew and Celebi event for HG/SS?

I'm pretty sure there already is a way to get Celebi, but I don't know about lil Mew there.

And does anyone know some Johto routs to find a Swablu or Altera?

crystal_wolf
04-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Bulbapedia says Swablu can be found on Route 45 in Swarms.

As far as Swarms go, you're supposed to listen to Professor Oak's Pokemon Talk radio station after getting the National Dex. It randomizes every day.

Hope that helps! :D Best of luck. :3

..::Wolfie::..

Phantom Kat
04-18-2010, 03:19 AM
You can get Mew through My Pokemon Ranch, and there had been a Mew Wi-Fi event in Japan a while ago, so I'm guessing that eventually, we might get it. As for Celebi, it's apparently going to be available for download in movie theatres in Japan while the new Pokemon movie is in theatres. I'm also guessing that that Celebi might eventually be available to the rest of the world.

- Kat

The pokemaster
04-19-2010, 03:46 AM
I got a quick question. Where do you find the flute thing that wakes up the Snorlax? Coz I've done the power plant, and beaten Misty, Lt Surge, Sabrina, Janice and Erika. But I can't get to the last 3, coz I can't find the flute. Where is it?

Eternal Moonlight
04-19-2010, 04:24 AM
I got a quick question. Where do you find the flute thing that wakes up the Snorlax? Coz I've done the power plant, and beaten Misty, Lt Surge, Sabrina, Janice and Erika. But I can't get to the last 3, coz I can't find the flute. Where is it?

Instead of a flute, they made a channel on the Pokégear radio that plays the music. Just bring the little "dot" to the upper part of the circle and it should work.

Hope it helps ^^

Mew, Meow, Nya

The pokemaster
04-19-2010, 04:34 AM
Instead of a flute, they made a channel on the Pokégear radio that plays the music. Just bring the little "dot" to the upper part of the circle and it should work.

Hope it helps ^^

Mew, Meow, Nya

Dammit. I knew that channel had a purpose, I just didn't know what.... Thanks for that.

Judgmental Arceus
04-19-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm pretty sure there already is a way to get Celebi, but I don't know about lil Mew there.

And does anyone know some Johto routs to find a Swablu or Altera?

Well I just looked on Serebii (shudders :dazed:) and it says there will be a Celebi event but there is nothing about a Mew event so far. Just a matter of time i guess.

The pokemaster
04-19-2010, 05:17 AM
Well I just looked on Serebii (shudders :dazed:) and it says there will be a Celebi event but there is nothing about a Mew event so far. Just a matter of time i guess.

Oh dear. You just went on Serebii.... Are you feeling OK? You're not sick or hurt are you? :P

Judgmental Arceus
04-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Oh dear. You just went on Serebii.... Are you feeling OK? You're not sick or hurt are you? :P

Kinda sickened, but I'm okay.

The pokemaster
04-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Kinda sickened, but I'm okay.

Phew, that's good to hear. :D
Anyway, can someone tell me what Pokes Red has?

Bumblebee16
04-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Phew, that's good to hear. :D
Anyway, can someone tell me what Pokes Red has?

Red has a Pikachu (88) - Venusaur (84) - Charizard (84) - Blastoise (84) - Lapras (80) - Snorlax (82)

Good luck :]

The pokemaster
04-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Red has a Pikachu (88) - Venusaur (84) - Charizard (84) - Blastoise (84) - Lapras (80) - Snorlax (82)

Good luck :]

Oh dear. Thanks. A bit more training, and it should be a cinch

War
04-20-2010, 11:30 PM
I got my fist Effort Ribbon today......i had an idea of how ev training is supposed to go and somehow managed to get a ribbon.....cool...

MoonKit
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I got my fist Effort Ribbon today......i had an idea of how ev training is supposed to go and somehow managed to get a ribbon.....cool...

Good for you.

Does anyone know some good places to train for the E4 with a Lv 14-22 team (and a Lv 10 with Exp share) or a good cheat to get them to good Lv's for the E4? if not, thanks anyway.

theajshow
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
How do you wake up Snorlax?!? I have a guide that says tune to the PokéFlute channel on the Pokégear radio...but what the heck is that? There is no PokéFlute channel on the Pokégear radio, and, yes, I did get the EXPN card in Lavender Town. What am I missing here? I just want this stupid Snorlax out of my way!

Michelle8936
05-02-2010, 11:51 PM
How do you wake up Snorlax?!? I have a guide that says tune to the PokéFlute channel on the Pokégear radio...but what the heck is that? There is no PokéFlute channel on the Pokégear radio, and, yes, I did get the EXPN card in Lavender Town. What am I missing here? I just want this stupid Snorlax out of my way!
You have to tune into it manually to get the channel; just stand by the Snorlax after you do that and the 'A' button should do the rest.

Dylan
05-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Can somebody please explain when/where/how you get the Versus Seeker and the Experience Share?

MoonKit
05-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Can somebody please explain when/where/how you get the Versus Seeker and the Experience Share?

I don't think you can get VS seeker in HG/SS, but if you want Exp share you need to trade a Red scale to Mr. Pokemon for it.

Carbon Drift
05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
The Vs. Seeker doesn't exist in HG/SS. Instead, call a Trainer up at the right time or wait for them to call you.

As for an Exp. Share, you can do what Tokyokit said, OR try your luck at the Lotto in Goldenrod's Radio Tower. (I got lucky and got an exp. share.)

And, and, and...
This guy in the GTS from the UK wanted a SNUBULL for an EEVEE. So I gave this guy the Snubull, and you know what I get? An Eevee with a added bonus. The Pokerus was attached to it! So, after cruising on the S.S. Aqua to Vermillon City, my Seadra has it. My team's all lv. 40 somethings and there's my Eevee-now-Jolteon sitting @ about Lv. 15 right now.

Sheesh, I'm lucky!

Vanity
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I have been bored of HG for quite some time now, yesterday I went and bought Soul Silver, and so far I'm enjoying it.

I have a healthy team of Quilava and Togetic, both at level 19 and I just got through Union Cave.

War
05-10-2010, 04:16 AM
in HG, where can i find the guy that tells you what your poke's hidden power is?.....i want my magnezone to learn hidden power ICE....where do i need to go?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-10-2010, 04:29 AM
He should be in the Prize Building of the Celadon Game Corner.

War
05-10-2010, 04:40 AM
cool thanks sarah....ima check it out.....:cool:

nastar
05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
in order to wake up the snorlax, you need to fiddle around with the radio until you get a channel called POKE FLUTE or POKEMON FLUTE
this is after you get the expn card:biggrin:

raptormudkip
05-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Where can you get a Poocheyena? I've been looking for ages now..

Carbon Drift
05-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Chack Pokedex. If you have Poocheyena's entry, you should find it. Or check serebii's Safari Zone page and see what items you need to place.
I'm thinking it's SS exlusive.

Dartz
05-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Which is the Best Electric Type Pokemon????

Altrius
05-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm currently rolling with your sig - Electivire - and he pretty much one-shots everything. I think legendary wize Zapdos slightly has the upper hand, but Eletivire is sure as hell up there. Hes a beast.

Dartz
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
from where i get electivire and zapdos in heart gold? Without trading

Altrius
05-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Electivire you have to trade. Theres an item in Cerulean cave called the Magnitizer. You have to equip Electibuzz with that and trade him. No other way possible to get him. And you can only get into the Cerulean cave when you've defeated all 16 gyms

Zapdos appears when you've defeated all 16 gyms. He appears outside the power plant to the right of Cerulean city.

Raiden
05-15-2010, 06:36 PM
You mean Electrizer for Electivire, You have to trade and trade back to make him evolve you could try offering him on GTS and bringing him back I've heard it works? Who knows?

raptormudkip
05-16-2010, 03:36 AM
You can catch Electabuzz at the powerplant but they're uncommon

Raiden
05-20-2010, 05:51 PM
How often can you connect up with someone by using 2 pokewalkers to get an item? Once per day? Once per Save File?

MoonKit
05-21-2010, 01:44 AM
How often can you connect up with someone by using 2 pokewalkers to get an item? Once per day? Once per Save File?

Once per day. (lastword,lol)

Mr420
05-21-2010, 11:43 AM
A little help please.. so I got on my SS and I went to check on the pokemon I put on Deposit int o the GTS..
Does anybody know why this would happen.. So Its been a few days but i go to the counter and blah blah save screen but when i get to the Blue WiFi screen as its prompting me in the server tells me "You've been disconnected from nintedo WiFi"
No error code and it escorts me out..I been trying to get back on & when I took the game cart out and put it back into the DS I actually got to see the GTS room where you conduct your tading but then I was immediately disconnected.?.
and IN case the question arises.. I had a Legit in game Vulpix in there.

raptormudkip
05-29-2010, 03:59 AM
does focus sash work on shedinja? o.o

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-29-2010, 07:36 AM
does focus sash work on shedinja? o.o
Yeah I'd say so, but it's a one-use item. So it'll only save it once and then Shedinja will faint if it's hit again.

Dartz
06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
What'll Happen in the End of HG???
and is there any event left to do in HG after getting starter from OAK??

blastoisemaster
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Where do you get X-Scissor I got the first one but I wasted it so... I need to know where the other one is I already tried Goldenrod and Celadon

Sir Kingdra
06-04-2010, 10:53 PM
What'll Happen in the End of HG???
and is there any event left to do in HG after getting starter from OAK??

Yes, get the Hoenn starters from Steven in Silph Co.(I think) and catch Kyogre.

Kecleonfan666
06-09-2010, 12:26 AM
This might be a stupid question, but I have yet to play either Heart Gold or Soul Silver, and I'm creating my team, so I was wondering if you can catch a Geodude in Johto, before the Elite Four?

Sieses
06-09-2010, 01:21 AM
This might be a stupid question, but I have yet to play either Heart Gold or Soul Silver, and I'm creating my team, so I was wondering if you can catch a Geodude in Johto, before the Elite Four?
Yes, they appear, along with Zubat, in all caves in the game.

charizard ex
06-16-2010, 06:58 PM
How many gym leaders are there in Soul Silver?

Puh-tree-cee-oh
06-16-2010, 08:15 PM
How many gym leaders are there in Soul Silver?
8 in Johto and 8 in Kanto :)

Kecleonfan666
06-17-2010, 05:23 PM
In the game, there are several legendary pokemon that if you knock out, they re-appear after you defeat the champion. Do these Pokemon only re-appear one time, or can you keep on knocking them out and making them re-appear until you catch them?

Oakleaf Ranger
06-19-2010, 01:21 AM
am i able to trade any kind of poke from diamond to SS(without the national dex on ss)

or is it limited, like how leaf/fire are?

MoonKit
06-25-2010, 03:18 AM
am i able to trade any kind of poke from diamond to SS(without the national dex on ss)

or is it limited, like how leaf/fire are?

You can, but you probably won't want to because you don't get the info on that Pokemon, so say if you traded a Ratata to your Diamond, it will not be in your Sinnoh Dex. I don't know why, but it isn't. That is, if your trading a Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon to Soul Silver. Trust me, I have traded an Unown and Rosellia to my HG, and only the Unown got its info in.

RizuChan
06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I wanted to ask, when will HG/SS sprites be available in the sprite resource page of pe2k.com?

Marshmallow Pope
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I wanted to ask, when will HG/SS sprites be available in the sprite resource page of pe2k.com?

Whenever our admin, Ryan, gets around to doing it. He's in college so he rarely gets the chance to update our site.

Dartz
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
How to get Kyogre,Groudon and Rayquaza in HG??

raptormudkip
06-30-2010, 01:13 AM
How to get Kyogre,Groudon and Rayquaza in HG??

After you beat Red, and got your kanto starters, Oak will give you a red orb. Go to the Embedded Tower, which is in a cave at route 47, and Kyogre should be there.

To get Groudon, you need to trade someone that has SS.

To get Rayquaza, you have to show Oak your Kyogre and Groudon and he should give you a Jade Orb. Go back to the Embedded Tower and Rayquaza should be there.

Dartz
06-30-2010, 07:46 AM
After you beat Red, and got your kanto starters, Oak will give you a red orb. Go to the Embedded Tower, which is in a cave at route 47, and Kyogre should be there.

To get Groudon, you need to trade someone that has SS.

To get Rayquaza, you have to show Oak your Kyogre and Groudon and he should give you a Jade Orb. Go back to the Embedded Tower and Rayquaza should be there.

Thankyou

Cherries
07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
OK, so first I searched access point and found my point than it had a GREY Padlock.

What would I do to make it a different color, what kind of pass words does Nintendo DS support so that I can connect?

SLC
07-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Hey :)

Haven't got the game yet, but I do have just a few questions:

1) Where could I get the game cheapest in the UK?
2) How much gametime do you think HG/SS has?
3) What are the version exclusives for both the games?

Thank you in advance :o

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Hey :)

Haven't got the game yet, but I do have just a few questions:

1) Where could I get the game cheapest in the UK?
2) How much gametime do you think HG/SS has?
3) What are the version exclusives for both the games?

Thank you in advance :o

1) No idea, sorry xD
2) I clocked over 95 hours and I haven't completed Kanto yet, but I've spent a lot of time messing around and raising my Pokemon. xD
3)
Only in SS:
Vulpix/Ninetales
Meowth/Persian
Ledyba/Ledian
Teddiursa/Ursaring
Delibird
Skarmory
Gulpin/Swalot
Groudon

Only in HG:
Mankey/Primeape
Growlithe/Arcanine
Spinarak/Ariados
Gligar/Gliscor
Mantyke/Mantine
Phanpy/Donphan
Sableye
Baltoy/Claydol

Hope you enjoy the games when you get them. They're seriously amazing! :)

SLC
07-08-2010, 04:20 PM
1) No idea, sorry xD
2) I clocked over 95 hours and I haven't completed Kanto yet, but I've spent a lot of time messing around and raising my Pokemon. xD
3)
Only in SS:
Vulpix/Ninetales
Meowth/Persian
Ledyba/Ledian
Teddiursa/Ursaring
Delibird
Skarmory
Gulpin/Swalot
Groudon

Only in HG:
Mankey/Primeape
Growlithe/Arcanine
Spinarak/Ariados
Gligar/Gliscor
Mantyke/Mantine
Phanpy/Donphan
Sableye
Baltoy/Claydol

Hope you enjoy the games when you get them. They're seriously amazing! :)

Ahh, thank you :) I think I might get HG, just for the exclusives.

Cherries
07-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Ahh, thank you :) I think I might get HG, just for the exclusives.
He forgot to add, HG gets kyogre and Latias and SS gets Latios and groundon, but if you don't use legendarys the games are pretty much the same ^,^

dAdRaGoNtRaInEr
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
hey if anyone has a chikorita or and evolution of it my friend just gave me a TON of arceus' but there most likely hacked but still if you want one all i want is a chikorita. my friend code is below.

Akkodiak
07-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Why the duck did they remove the slot machines from Game Corner :sad:

Snake Bite
07-17-2010, 06:01 PM
akkodiak- I dont know, butvit is so hard to get any thing now with the flip thing.

Q. If two ghost pokemon are fighting and both have run out of moves and are using struggle, who wins? Lol...

Dartz
07-17-2010, 06:06 PM
the one with greater level and luck

Shiny Trainer
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
does anybody have a zoroark event shiny raikou suicune or entei they'd b willing to trade me? or the event celebii that gets u a zorua? i rly need one of these and id b grateful if someone could get me one. id hapilly trade a shiny or level 100 for it

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-27-2010, 12:49 AM
does anybody have a zoroark event shiny raikou suicune or entei they'd b willing to trade me? or the event celebii that gets u a zorua? i rly need one of these and id b grateful if someone could get me one. id hapilly trade a shiny or level 100 for it
You'd be best off trying the WiFi Trading Center (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78). You can look through people's shops or try posting in this thread (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102575). Good luck!

Tasteless
07-27-2010, 12:57 AM
akkodiak- I dont know, butvit is so hard to get any thing now with the flip thing.

Q. If two ghost pokemon are fighting and both have run out of moves and are using struggle, who wins? Lol...

Struggle hits ghost Pokemon.

MikeLanglois
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know where i can find a ralts? I checked bulbapedia but it just says swarm and idk what that means :$

Also, why doesnt battle frontier give exp :(

Shiny Trainer
07-27-2010, 08:29 PM
You'd be best off trying the WiFi Trading Center (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78). You can look through people's shops or try posting in this thread (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102575). Good luck!

kk thanx =] ive been lookin online fer the past 2 weeks n i havent seen anythin

nickkk
07-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know where i can find a ralts? I checked bulbapedia but it just says swarm and idk what that means :$

First of all, I'm not sure which trainer it is, but someone has to CALL you on your PokeGear and tell you that there is a swarm of Ralts on Route 34. They will all be at level 10.

Second, Battle Frontier has NEVER given EXP, at the risk of giving the trainer a sudden advantage. (IE New Move, Super Stats from EV's.)

Hope This Helps.

-Nickole

SaMaster14
08-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Really sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't get anything in the forum search.

But, other than being able to get a R/B/Y starter and a Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald starter what happens after you beat Red?

3m0d0ll
08-05-2010, 06:54 AM
@MikeLanglois:
1; Ralts, I believe can be found on Route 34 *Johto region, right before Goldenrod City* after you beat the E4 and Lance.
2; For a few reasons:

It'd be an easy way to level up your Pokemon. That's why the E4's Pokemon level up after a while in HGSS, too.
Some facilities require that Pokemon be level 50 and if the Pokemon you enter is over that, it gets leveled down.
It could give you an unfair advantage if you are in a Lv.50 vs Lv.50 battle that turns into Lv.51 vs Lv. 50
If you are in the Battle Hall and you level up, the game would probably be forced to stall. In the Battle Hall, the level of your foe is based on the level of the Pokemon you entered and the Rank of the type you chose to battle. If your level were to change, then the formula for deciding the level of your foe would have to have to be altered, which would put an unnecessary strain on the software.

Snake Bite
08-05-2010, 05:37 PM
what happens when i get 4-5 stars in ss? I know before the pokecenter ladys would reconise you diffrent.

Edmond
09-09-2010, 12:06 AM
If i missed out on the Wifi Event for the Pokewalker Maps, is there a way i can obtain those maps? Or did i perminately miss out? =(

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM
If i missed out on the Wifi Event for the Pokewalker Maps, is there a way i can obtain those maps? Or did i perminately miss out? =(
No one really knows if Nintendo will choose to re-run the events for the PokeWalker Maps some time. There's not much you can do except wait and see, unfortunetly.

White_Rabbit
09-10-2010, 02:49 AM
1. how often does nintendo circulate their events?
2. whats with the pokewalker? specifically in yellow forest? how would i get in on that action?
3. will black and white's pokemon be available to be traded over to heartgold/soulsilver and d/p/pl?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-10-2010, 07:38 AM
1. how often does nintendo circulate their events?
Most events are only ever done once, aside from repeats of legendary Pokemon giveaways (Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys etc.) that can't be obtained any other way. As far as I know, no PokeWalker events have been repeated yet, so there's no real way of knowing if they ever will.

2. whats with the pokewalker? specifically in yellow forest? how would i get in on that action?
The PokeWalker came with HGSS and is a pedometer-type thing, if that's what you're asking xD Yellow Forest is a map that was downloadable from an event, and by using it you can obtain Flying and Surfing Pikachu.

3. will black and white's pokemon be available to be traded over to heartgold/soulsilver and d/p/pl?
No. Black and White Pokemon are not coded into the earleir games and therefore trading them to earlier games isn't possible. From what we know so far though, Pokemon will be able to be transferred from DPP/HGSS to Black and White. Just not that other way around.

MoonKit
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Answering a few older questions that I know the answer to.

He forgot to add, HG gets kyogre and Latias and SS gets Latios and groundon, but if you don't use legendarys the games are pretty much the same ^,^

Latias/os are not exclusives. You can get the other one in either game through Event.

Why the duck did they remove the slot machines from Game Corner :sad:

It has something to do with it being a Casino game. In Japanese coppies, you can get the Slot's.

Well, Swarms are after you get to Kanto, get your National Dex and stuff, and it can be wherever. You might want to see Mary and Oak on your Pokegear and see when it says 'A swarm of Ralts have been spotted by route ____!' or something like that.

Disco
09-11-2010, 03:18 PM
And that reminds me. Latios was in HG, not SS. LOL.

MoonKit
09-29-2010, 03:41 AM
And that reminds me. Latios was in HG, not SS. LOL.

That was in the event, Disco. Actually, it is Latias in Hg, Latios in Ss, but with the event, or trade, you can get the other 'mon.

Eun Min
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I need help on trying to wake up the sleepy Snorlax that's blocking the entrance's to Diglett's Cave.

I've solved the Power Plant thing, and went to the Radio Tower in Johto, but there's a guard blocking the elevator....
Somebody told me that once I get the Johto's Radio Music card or something, I'm supposed to take the elevator to the top of the Radio Tower and play a tune to wake up Snorlax. But this is where I'm stuck! The Snorlax is asleep and the guard isn't letting me through. D=

Help please!

Shucklulz
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I need help on trying to wake up the sleepy Snorlax that's blocking the entrance's to Diglett's Cave.

I've solved the Power Plant thing, and went to the Radio Tower in Johto, but there's a guard blocking the elevator....
Somebody told me that once I get the Johto's Radio Music card or something, I'm supposed to take the elevator to the top of the Radio Tower and play a tune to wake up Snorlax. But this is where I'm stuck! The Snorlax is asleep and the guard isn't letting me through. D=

Help please!

Whoever told you that was right up until the part with the guard. You have to stand next to the Snorlax and play the PokeFlute Channel on your Pokegear's radio, then interact with it. Snorlax will wake up and battle you after that.

Eun Min
10-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Whoever told you that was right up until the part with the guard. You have to stand next to the Snorlax and play the PokeFlute Channel on your Pokegear's radio, then interact with it. Snorlax will wake up and battle you after that.

Oh! Thanks! But how do I get the PokeFlute Channel ? I can't seem to see it on my Pokegear's radio. (I think I didn't get the PokeFlute Channel, yet then !)

Shucklulz
10-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Oh! Thanks! But how do I get the PokeFlute Channel ? I can't seem to see it on my Pokegear's radio. (I think I didn't get the PokeFlute Channel, yet then !)

See the white dot in the circle on your Pokegear's radio on your touch screen? Put the dot on your touch screen at the 12 'o clock spot on the circle, and the PokeFlute Channel will start playing after you get your radio upgraded from the people at the Kanto Radio Tower. c:

Doodlebop
10-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Allrighty, I need some help here.

For my team, I believe I have a Typhlosion, a Pidgeot, a Gyarados, A Electrode/Voltorb (the evolved form- can't keep them straight), and a Togitic. I'm about to challenge the Elite Four. But I was wondering: for my sixth party member, should I have a Dragon-type, or a Grass-type? Thanks in advance. :)

Rival Silver
10-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Allrighty, I need some help here.

For my team, I believe I have a Typhlosion, a Pidgeot, a Gyarados, A Electrode/Voltorb (the evolved form- can't keep them straight), and a Togitic. I'm about to challenge the Elite Four. But I was wondering: for my sixth party member, should I have a Dragon-type, or a Grass-type? Thanks in advance. :)

Is... the Gyrados... RED...

But lets look at the competition and I'll tell you your best bet off the top of my head.

Xatu – Level 40 (Psychic-Flying) Xatu – Level 40 (Psychic-Flying)
Exeggutor – Level 41 (Grass-Psychic) Exeggutor – Level 41 (Grass-Psychic)
Slowbro – Level 41(Water-Psychic) Slowbro – Level 41(Water-Psychic)
Jynx – Level 41 (Ice-Psychic) Jynx – Level 41 (Ice-Psychic)
Xatu – Level 42 (Psychic -Flying) Xatu – Level 42 (Psychic -Flying)

Electrode, Typhlosion or Pidgeot, Electrode, Typhlosion, Electrode.

Ariados – Level 40 (Bug-Poison) Ariados – Level 40 (Bug-Poison)
Venomoth – Level 41 (Poison-Flying) Venomoth – Level 41 (Poison-Flying)
Forretress – Level 43 (Bug-Steel) Forretress – Level 43 (Bug-Steel)
Muk – Level 42 (Poison) Muk – Level 42 (Poison)
Crobat – Level 44 (Poison – Flying) Crobat – Level 44 (Poison – Flying )

Pidgeot or Typhlosion, Pidgeot or Typhlosion, Typhlosion, ??? (Its poison, do you got Psyhic?), Typhlosion.

Hitmontop – Level 42 (Fighting) Hitmontop – Level 42 (Fighting)
Hitmonlee – Level 42 (Fighting) Hitmonlee – Level 42 (Fighting)
Hitmonchan – Level 42 (Fighting) Hitmonchan – Level 42 (Fighting)
Onix –Level 32 (Rock-Ground) Onix –Level 32 (Rock-Ground)
Machamp – Level 46 (Fighting) Machamp – Level 46 (Fighting)

Ok, so Pidgeot to Onix then use Gyrados, finish with Pidgeot.

Umbreon – Level 42 (Dark) Umbreon – Level 42 (Dark)
Vileplume – Level 42 (Poison-Grass) Vileplume – Level 42 (Poison-Grass)
Murkrow – Level 44 (Dark-Flying) Murkrow – Level 44 (Dark-Flying)
Gengar – Level 45 (Ghost-Poison) Gengar – Level 45 (Ghost-Poison)
Houndoom – Level 47 (Dark-Fire) Houndoom – Level 47 (Dark-Fire)

Seeing how you have no fighting pokemon, just make do with Umbreon with something. Take down Vileplume with Typhlosion, Electrode on Murkrow. Struggle your way past Gengar and finish her Houndoom with Gyrados.

Gyarados – Level 44 (Water-Flying) Gyarados – Level 44 (Water-Flying)
Charizard – Level 46 (Fire-Flying) Charizard – Level 46 (Fire-Flying)
Aerodactyl – Level 46 (Rock-Flying) Aerodactyl – Level 47 (Rock-Flying)
Dragonite – Level 47 (Dragon-Flying ) Dragonite – Level 47 (Dragon-Flying)
Dragonite – Level 47 (Dragon-Flying ) Dragonite – Level 47 (Dragon-Flying)
Dragonite – Level 50 (Dragon-Flying ) Dragonite – Level 50 (Dragon-Flying)

Electrode, Electrode or Gyrados, Now Aerodactyl has rock in its type so not Electrode.... IDK. Now theres 3 Dragonites... Gyrados with Ice Beam? Some dragon move thats not Rage?

Seems you need a Ice type preferably, since dragons are strong against dragons you'll need much faster, stronger dragons to beat those 3.

Doodlebop
10-22-2010, 12:12 PM
An ice type? Allright. Thanks, Silver! And for Koga, Togitic is psychic, so...

And yes, the Gyarados is red. xD

Saraibre Ryu
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Okay...
How the flip do you get a Dunsparce with Body Slam?
I've seen it in 4th gen competitive battling strategies but when I've looked on it's move set listings, all of them, Body Slam is a no show. I dunno if I'm being blind or not but eh, need help here. >_<

JokesterJesse
11-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Okay...
How the flip do you get a Dunsparce with Body Slam?
I've seen it in 4th gen competitive battling strategies but when I've looked on it's move set listings, all of them, Body Slam is a no show. I dunno if I'm being blind or not but eh, need help here. >_<

I Think you get it from the Move tutor in R/S/E so you have to Migrate it

DRAKING
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
An ice type? Allright. Thanks, Silver! And for Koga, Togitic is psychic, so...

And yes, the Gyarados is red. xD

I would recommend filling up that last spot with Kingdra, since its a very good dragon pokemon and also excellent user of Ice Beam and isn't afraid of Ice itself (quit unique for a dragon). Is capable being a physical, special or even mixed Sweeper by using it's great STAB-moves: waterfall/surf and outrage/dragon pulse/draco meteor. Not to mention Dragon Dance and Yawn. Rain Dance support with Swift Swim ability is also nice.

My question: I always wondered how that world champion kid got Selfdestruct on Mewtwo. Move tutor in LG/FR or some like that? Second question: how long (aprox) does catching a Feebas in D/P/P take? I really want one since it's the last pokemon before completing my national dex :razz: TY!

Mr420
11-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I would recommend filling up that last spot with Kingdra, since its a very good dragon pokemon and also excellent user of Ice Beam and isn't afraid of Ice itself (quit unique for a dragon). Is capable being a physical, special or even mixed Sweeper by using it's great STAB-moves: waterfall/surf and outrage/dragon pulse/draco meteor. Not to mention Dragon Dance and Yawn. Rain Dance support with Swift Swim ability is also nice.

My question: I always wondered how that world champion kid got Selfdestruct on Mewtwo. Move tutor in LG/FR or some like that? Second question: how long (aprox) does catching a Feebas in D/P/P take? I really want one since it's the last pokemon before completing my national dex :razz: TY!

I had the same trip with Feebas a long while back..
It can take a little while to find but not at all HARD to do..
have a surfing PKMN in your team and head deep into MT Coronet.
I'd still suggest hunting at nigth for better ball coverage (dusk & dive or even maybe a net)..
if all else fails hit me up & ill trade you a klone of one of mine with full beauty so you can easily evo it..

Compound Pain
12-04-2010, 08:51 AM
How do you make a Feebas evolve into a Milotic i always got confused in this.

Rhys!
12-04-2010, 09:12 AM
How do you make a Feebas evolve into a Milotic i always got confused in this.

It's quite easy in HG/SS, you just need to give it a lot of massages, which you can get from Daisy Oak in Pallet. (:

Pokemon_Ron
12-12-2010, 11:43 PM
I had a question for all of you to kinda spark up the HG/SS discussion.

In terms of difficulty, which is harder?
The remakes, or the originals.

Rival Silver
12-13-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm finding HG/SS to be more of a annoyance in many areas than challengeing.

Silver I actually had problems, probably because I never wanted my Quilava to evovle so everstoned it. Yet, I didn't catch anything other than HM slaves or the Red Gyarados.

So when I got to the pokemon leagues and kanto and Red. It was Quilava and Red Gyarados.

KKranberry
12-21-2010, 10:04 PM

I know the Ralts question was already answered, but it was done so incorrectly.

Yes, you do need the national dex before you can find Ralts in the wild.

No, you will not be called if it is swarming. This is true with all swarm pokemon (Remoraid, Chansey, Yanma, Snubbull, Dunsparce, etc.). If you listen to Oak's Pokemon Talk Show on your PokeGear, he and Mary will announce a pokemon that is swarming that day.

More information on Pokemon swarms is on Bulbapedia's "Mass Outbreak" page.

Mr420
01-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I had a question for all of you to kinda spark up the HG/SS discussion.

In terms of difficulty, which is harder?
The remakes, or the originals.

in terms of the game difficulty i dont recall the original being all too difficult. tho I know for sure my dex then & now are two different stories.

in term of dex's I'd say it was still difficult thing to do then - for me the whole Link Cable thing was a luxury and back then what ever games my family had - were to be shared among us all. 1 pkmn game for 3 brothers..

Eun Min
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know where can I find a Fire Stone for my Growlithe in HeartGold, please?

Ceromax
01-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Does anyone know where can I find a Fire Stone for my Growlithe in HeartGold, please?

Go to bills house in cerulean City and show them a growlithe for heartgold. you can also win one sometimes in the Bug catching contest for coming first

Team Razor
01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I need help with my elite four team(second run). I have a hard time with Lance's gyarados, I got 2 rock moves, my Ho-oh(lvl 66) Ancient Power and my Pupitar(lvl53(xp.share until evolve)) Rock Slide. Both get 1HKO'ed by waterfall so I am pretty screwed since he is faster. I'm looking for a new member to 1hko him and come to the conclusion that i need a pkmn with an electric or rock move(preferably STAB) who isn't harmed much from Ice fang and waterfall(alternatively faster).Note: a plus is if he can one hit Mr.Zard too;)

My Current Team:

Feraligatr(lvl70)
No Item,
Surf
Crunch
Blizzard
Superpower

Ho-oh(lvl66)
Charcoal,
Psychic
Fly
Fire Blast
Ancient Power

Pupitar(lvl53)
Xp.Share,
Earthquake
Thrash
Rock Slide
Crunch

Kenya(Fearow(ingame trade))(lvl52)
Quick Claw,
Fly
U-Turn
Drill Peck
Steel Wing

Quagsire(lvl46)(revive sacrifice/lucky earthquake nuker)
No Item,
Earthquake
Yawn
Headbutt
Waterfall

Gyarados(lvl31)(revive sacrifice)(surprisingly enough it IS shiny O.O doesn't see that often :P)
No item,
Waterfall
Surf
Whirlpool
Twister

and yes i know it has a bad movepool with almost only watermoves.

KKranberry
04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I need help with my elite four team(second run). I have a hard time with Lance's gyarados, I got 2 rock moves, my Ho-oh(lvl 66) Ancient Power and my Pupitar(lvl53(xp.share until evolve)) Rock Slide. Both get 1HKO'ed by waterfall so I am pretty screwed since he is faster. I'm looking for a new member to 1hko him and come to the conclusion that i need a pkmn with an electric or rock move(preferably STAB) who isn't harmed much from Ice fang and waterfall(alternatively faster).Note: a plus is if he can one hit Mr.Zard too;)

My Current Team:

Feraligatr(lvl70)
No Item,
Surf
Crunch
Blizzard
Superpower

Ho-oh(lvl66)
Charcoal,
Psychic
Fly
Fire Blast
Ancient Power

Pupitar(lvl53)
Xp.Share,
Earthquake
Thrash
Rock Slide
Crunch

Kenya(Fearow(ingame trade))(lvl52)
Quick Claw,
Fly
U-Turn
Drill Peck
Steel Wing

Quagsire(lvl46)(revive sacrifice/lucky earthquake nuker)
No Item,
Earthquake
Yawn
Headbutt
Waterfall

Gyarados(lvl31)(revive sacrifice)(surprisingly enough it IS shiny O.O doesn't see that often :P)
No item,
Waterfall
Surf
Whirlpool
Twister

and yes i know it has a bad movepool with almost only watermoves.

Your team is horribly unbalanced. You have three water types and two flying types. The best thing to fight Lance's Gyarados is a good electric type move, which will do 400% damage. I would suggest either training up an electric type to replace Gyarados or Fearow or else teaching Thunderbolt or Thunder to one of your existing Pokemon. You also NEED more ice/dragon type coverage. Blizzard has only 5 PP and is extremely inaccurate. You're better off using Ice Beam or Avalanche to face Lance's dragons.

You suffer mostly from repetitive movesets and type repeats. I would strongly recommend assembling a new team. You shouldn't be having this much trouble against a Gyarados. With the right moves in your arsenal, it should go down in one to two hits, three at most.

If you're looking for a new team member, I would recommend Ampharos.

Pkmnman
07-22-2011, 04:48 PM
What happens if aipom doesn't learn double hit
Will it still evolve