PDA

View Full Version : Starter

SaixPuppy
03-16-2010, 04:17 AM
So, what's your starter? That is if you already got it. Mine is Chikorita.

ShionRasenka
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I started with Cyndaquil in SS and Chikorita in HG!! :happy:

Psycho__Ryan
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Todadile, of course!

killanotha1
03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Chikorita!! I hate it though, so glad I have a Bayleef now :3

PureGoober
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Cyndaquil in SS.
What should i get in HG?

Etymology
03-16-2010, 11:29 PM
When it get's released here, Chikorita.

9 days to go!

Dylan
03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I got a Cyndaquil in Soul Silver :D

Of course, Quilava is my favorite Pokémon, so I'm probably gonna be a bit disappointed and happy when it becomes a Typhlosion, as I won't have a cute Quilava but I'll have a strong Typhlosion.

It's like one of those hell yeah/hell no moments, like when you see an advertisement that says "Would you like a new FREE laptop?" And you think "Hell yeah!" But when it says "Click Here!" you think hell no! Just apply that to Pokémon terms, and you have my thoughts on evolving my starter, Cyndaquil.

New_Glaceon
03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
I got a Cyndaquil in Soul Silver :D

Of course, Quilava is my favorite Pokémon, so I'm probably gonna be a bit disappointed and happy when it becomes a Typhlosion, as I won't have a cute Quilava but I'll have a strong Typhlosion.

It's like one of those hell yeah/hell no moments, like when you see an advertisement that says "Would you like a new FREE laptop?" And you think "Hell yeah!" But when it says "Click Here!" you think hell no! Just apply that to Pokémon terms, and you have my thoughts on evolving my starter, Cyndaquil.
could throw an everstone on it once its a quilava

sheepskinfuton
03-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Quilava, cause Fire mons are hard to come by, it's helpful in the first two gyms, and it's the only fire starter I've ever liked.

Psycho__Ryan
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Really? Just one for Toadadile?

Professor Geoffrey
03-18-2010, 01:34 AM
I chose Chikorita. However, I traded a Dratini egg and a Lapras egg, which served as two more starters. Due to my Lapras obsession, I quit using Dratini at lever nineteen, and I quit using Meganium (after beating Lance) at level 42. Currently, Lapras is level sixty, and for the most part, I can beat the Kanto gym leaders with only Lapras, let alone the entire gym, with minimal healing (limited to HP healing; no PP healing). I'm working on Janine next. :D

Sheepat
03-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Through trading, I got all three starters. :)

-Holland-
03-18-2010, 05:47 AM
I chose Chikorita. However, I traded a Dratini egg and a Lapras egg, which served as two more starters. Due to my Lapras obsession, I quit using Dratini at lever nineteen, and I quit using Meganium (after beating Lance) at level 42. Currently, Lapras is level sixty, and for the most part, I can beat the Kanto gym leaders with only Lapras, let alone the entire gym, with minimal healing (limited to HP healing; no PP healing). I'm working on Janine next. :D

I'm trying to keep a balanced team, though I only have 5 Pokemon on it. I picked Cyndaquil, and for the most part, Gyarados and Ampharos have been taking care of everything (once Gyarados learned Dragon Dance, I was able to beat Lance). I just beat Lieutenant Surge, and...well, I don't remember Kanto gym leaders having Pokemon this high-leveled. I can make do, but my guys are only around 45-46, and Electabuzz was 53. Damn.

Typhlosion is fairly useful, but he hardly comes into play in really important battles (except for Koga; ever since Gold, I've pretty much assigned him to dominate that fight). He is powerful, though, and pretty sweet-looking, so for the sake of an in-game team, why not? Meganium is my favorite Pokemon, like, ever, but I didn't choose Chikorita because I have a great one that was bred or something, and Typhlosion is just better for battle.

Buttetsu Batou
03-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Totodile ftw!!!!!!

theajshow
03-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm starting with Cyndaquil for HeartGold and Totodile for SoulSilver. Totodile's at least getting some love.

Pokemon_Ron
03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Whenever it does decided to come to my house(Damn you Amazon), I'm going to be picking Cyndaquil.

1337bonsly
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm starting with Cyndaquil for HeartGold and Totodile for SoulSilver. Totodile's at least getting some love.
I'll give my starter away to my friend and start with a Turtwig instead. More fun to raise something new than a gen 2 starter I've had umpteen times before.

Bumblebee16
03-18-2010, 01:42 PM
The awesomeness of Cyndaquil!

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
My starter was Totodile. With the awesomeness of the physical/special split, I couldn't resist using Feraligatr at his best.

Sixto
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM
My starter was Totodile. With the awesomeness of the physical/special split, I couldn't resist using Feraligatr at his best.
^That

I spent nearly 3 hours resetting till I got a "likes to thrash about" Totodile.

Hikari10
03-19-2011, 04:56 AM
I played SoulSilver and chose Cyndaquil. I had it planned before I even got the game.