PDA

View Full Version : I TRIED NEARLY ALL GOOD RPGS, I'M RUNNING OUT OF RPGS TO PLAY D: derp

George Jefferson
03-19-2010, 05:37 AM
The ones I've played-

NES - FF I-III, Ultima series, FE

SNES - Chrono N- Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3, FF 4-6, Star Ocean, Front Mission

Gen - PS series, SF series

PSX - FF VII, VIII and IX, Wild Arms 2, various roms, DW VII

GB - FF Legend/SaGa 3, Pokemyman, Dragon Quest 3

GBA - Summon Night: that swordcraft one, Tales of Phantasia, FE 7, FFs 1, 2, 4-6, Tactics, Lunar something something, Shining Soul II

PS2 - FFX, FFXII (sucked), Persona 3: FES, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Romancing Saga, La Pucelle, Rogue Galaxy, Shining Force EXA (Was actually good, somewhat), Atelier Iris 3, that poor Star Ocean game

3sexy - Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, LAst Remnant

PSP - FFT, DisGAYuh, Legend of An Heroes

EDIT: Sorry, Kingdom Hearts is not a good RPG.

ReclusiveDemon
03-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Check out for the PSP

- Jeanne D'Arc
- Riviera: The Promised Land
- Crimson Gem Saga
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Most should be relatively easy to find.

George Jefferson
03-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Check out for the PSP

- Jeanne D'Arc
- Riviera: The Promised Land
- Crimson Gem Saga
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Most should be relatively easy to find.

OH yeah, forgot to put Jeanne D'Arc up there too.

ReclusiveDemon
03-19-2010, 06:02 AM
OH yeah, forgot to put Jeanne D'Arc up there too.
Alright. I'll just suggest Yggdra Union in place of Jeanne.

George Jefferson
03-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Alright. I'll just suggest Yggdra Union in place of Jeanne.

Note: I played the Sting RPGs on the GBA first, but I;ve been told PSP VERSANS ARE BETTAR

ReclusiveDemon
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Note: I played the Sting RPGs on the GBA first, but I;ve been told PSP VERSANS ARE BETTAR
Quite a bit better, yeah. And the extra content is quite nice.

George Jefferson
03-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Quite a bit better, yeah. And the extra content is quite nice.

I didn't add NDS up there because I do what I want cause a PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE.

But any recommends?

Starkipraggy
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
If you can play DS games and do not play The World Ends With You, you are a fail. Ace Attorney is more of a visual novel, but you see things through the eyes of the main character, so I guess it's a roleplay in some way. You can check the Ace Attorney games out then.

Also play Chrono Trigger DS omnomnom. And Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, if only for pop culture references and fan-service. omnomnom

George Jefferson
03-19-2010, 10:05 PM
If you can play DS games and do not play The World Ends With You, you are a fail. Ace Attorney is more of a visual novel, but you see things through the eyes of the main character, so I guess it's a roleplay in some way. You can check the Ace Attorney games out then.

Also play Chrono Trigger DS omnomnom. And Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, if only for pop culture references and fan-service. omnomnom

played all of those

I guess there aren't any DS games I haven't tried.

ReclusiveDemon
03-19-2010, 11:48 PM
I guess there aren't any DS games I haven't tried.
I'm sure there are some you haven't tried.

For the DS, I would recommend

- Knights in the Nightmare
- The Dark Spire
- Sands of Destruction
- Soma Bringer (requires English patch, but a great game-- a lot like Diablo)
- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Dr Scott
03-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Original Xbox / PC: KOTOR + KOTOR 2

If you're a fan of Star Wars ... it's the best Star Wars game there is. Period. Plus my favorite game.

360: Mass Effect 1 + 2

Very good story with a great way to tell it.

PS2: FFX-2

I'm kidding. The story is silly.

PC: Baldur's Gate

The original D&D RPG trilogy. Amazing RPGs, though pretty dated.

I could probably think of some more, but these are my favorites.

Volcanflame
03-20-2010, 03:53 AM
PSX: Suikoden/Suikoden II.

-Volcan-

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm sure there are some you haven't tried.

For the DS, I would recommend

- Knights in the Nightmare
- The Dark Spire
- Sands of Destruction
- Soma Bringer (requires English patch, but a great game-- a lot like Diablo)
- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

lulz i already have them

Original Xbox / PC: KOTOR + KOTOR 2

If you're a fan of Star Wars ... it's the best Star Wars game there is. Period. Plus my favorite game.

360: Mass Effect 1 + 2

Very good story with a great way to tell it.

PS2: FFX-2

I'm kidding. The story is silly.

PC: Baldur's Gate

The original D&D RPG trilogy. Amazing RPGs, though pretty dated.

I could probably think of some more, but these are my favorites.

torrents for D&D or gtfo

I already tried the rest. I HAVE PLAYED ALL RPGS THAT ARE DEEMED GOOD. Still gotta get Nwn to install.

PSX: Suikoden/Suikoden II.

-Volcan-

them too boys

Boy, this thread is useless.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Boy, this thread is useless.

www.google.com

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 06:36 AM
www.google.com

I even played all of /V/'s recommended RPGs.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-20-2010, 06:39 AM
I even played all of /V/'s recommended RPGs.

Jesus, you had better haggling the developers themselves bud.

... Digimon World DS?

Zastard
03-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Earthbound
Zenogears
Diablo II
Skies of Arcadia
Persona 4
Baldur's Gate 2

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Really, there ISN'T a good RPG I haven't played.

Except for Xenogears ^

EDIT: And those last two he edited up there.

EDIT EDIT: Baldurs Gate 2 looks pretty good.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Wild Arms? Grandia? Suikoden?

Zastard
03-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Also, you played Trigger, but not Chrono Cross?

Shame.

Plus both Breath of Fires for SNES.

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Also, you played Trigger, but not Chrono Cross?

Shame.

Plus both Breath of Fires for SNES.

>Implying Chrono Cross is good

lulz

Also, are they good on the GBA as well?

Zastard
03-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Lawzl, have you even played the whole game? It's one of the highest rated critically claimed RPG's to date.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Wild Arms? Grandia? Suikoden?

?

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 07:11 AM
?

Got the first Grandia ISO, D1 though.

Tried getting Suikoden to work, wouldn't run.

And Still haven't got to Wild Arms 1.

ReclusiveDemon
03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
>implying implications upon Chrono Cross

I am offended. That is a good game.

Neo Emolga
03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Hmm, I see nothing for Breath of Fire up there.

Borderlands is also a good FPS with some RPG-like elements with a Diablo-like feel to it.

Stardy
03-20-2010, 05:04 PM

Oh no you didn't.
D:<

Some Guys List From 04. Tis good. Has Final Fantasy V on it though. Which sucked. Rest of the games are worth checking out though... just from a quick skim of what he listed anyway. (http://www.videogameaddicts.net/toprpglist.html)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Got the first Grandia ISO, D1 though.

Tried getting Suikoden to work, wouldn't run.

And Still haven't got to Wild Arms 1.

All three are on PSN for $10 and under. You can get them through PSP or PS3.

George Jefferson
03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Oh no you didn't.
D:<

Some Guys List From 04. Tis good. Has Final Fantasy V on it though. Which sucked. Rest of the games are worth checking out though... just from a quick skim of what he listed anyway. (http://www.videogameaddicts.net/toprpglist.html)

I played it, it was so-so tbh.

>implying implications upon Chrono Cross

I am offended. That is a good game.

I do not think so. :>

Hmm, I see nothing for Breath of Fire up there.

Borderlands is also a good FPS with some RPG-like elements with a Diablo-like feel to it.

I have played Borderlands and it is a pretty cool game, eh bleeds numbers and doesnt afraid of anything

All three are on PSN for $10 and under. You can get them through PSP or PS3.

My PSP was stolen a while back, and no PS3.

Winter
03-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Oh, wow, sucks your PSP was stolen. If you do get anther one, I must suggest FF VII: Crisis Core and the Star Ocean revamps--I like Second Evolution over First Departure, but both are really good, and I hear they have more than the original games. Like Erys Jerand becoming playable in First departure.

George Jefferson
03-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Oh, wow, sucks your PSP was stolen. If you do get anther one, I must suggest FF VII: Crisis Core and the Star Ocean revamps--I like Second Evolution over First Departure, but both are really good, and I hear they have more than the original games. Like Erys Jerand becoming playable in First departure.

Crisis Core was just as bad as Kingdom Hearts.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X L CURE R X X X X X X X X X X X X

austbot
03-22-2010, 02:55 AM
Ok in all of those games your telling youve NEVER played fire emblem?!?!?!?!?!?!? what i thought that was every rpgers favorite game! but really try fire emblem 1-12 the stations are nes snes gba ds game cube and wii. Trust me it is the best game youll ever play

Charbok
03-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Try KOTOR again. The end.

George Jefferson
03-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Ok in all of those games your telling youve NEVER played fire emblem?!?!?!?!?!?!? what i thought that was every rpgers favorite game! but really try fire emblem 1-12 the stations are nes snes gba ds game cube and wii. Trust me it is the best game youll ever play

I believe FE was stated up there.

burningzepp08
03-22-2010, 06:59 AM

lulz

Also, are they good on the GBA as well?

Yep, i have both for GBA. Good games.

scubasteveE
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
DS:
Golden Sun, don't think saw that.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
This one just cam out today: SMT: Strange Journey

Pretty much anything from Shin Megami Tensei is good.

Shock64
03-24-2010, 02:15 AM
I agree and disagree with Scuba. The DS Shin Megami Tenseis are just aweful. However, the PS2 ones are good.

I have Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, which is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Great story, great uniqueness. Try it. The only problem is that it's a bit tough to find, but if you can find it, it's great.

George Jefferson
03-24-2010, 02:38 AM
DS:
Golden Sun, don't think saw that.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
This one just cam out today: SMT: Strange Journey

Pretty much anything from Shin Megami Tensei is good.

Golden Sun for the DS? Is it out yet?

I agree and disagree with Scuba. The DS Shin Megami Tenseis are just aweful. However, the PS2 ones are good.

I have Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, which is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Great story, great uniqueness. Try it. The only problem is that it's a bit tough to find, but if you can find it, it's great.

I've played Devil Survivor, I liked it.

Also, I did find Nocturne once, but one of the discs were missing. It was from a pawn shop.

Shen
03-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Let's see...

Neo's right, Breath of Fire games are amazingly spectacular, especially BoFIII (however, Dragon Quarter remains as the WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Seriously, it is an insult to the BoF line, and as far as I am concerned, is totally unrelated save for the name in the title).

Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Come on, it's got bunny girls in it. That just screams awesome for any (straight) male out there.

Final Fantasy XIII is brand new, you should think about picking up a PS3 and playing it (shut up, 360 fans, there were RPGs he missed for the PS3 anyway, so this would only open more RPG doors for him to get this sexy beast of a machine).

And I have no clue why the GBA Golden Sun games (both of them) have yet to be mentioned. Golden Sun, and GS: The Lost Age are my two favorite GBA games to date. It's why I refuse to get a DSi instead of my DS Lite; how else would I play these two awesome GBA games?

Another overlooked RPG has to be the Granstream Saga for the PS1. The English voice acting isn't one of the best dubs, but I still like it, and at times, it can be hilarious. Pick up the T-Rated version. Sexy girl in shower scene is sexy. And potentially deadly to those who don't heed the Spirit Beast's words and duck.

George Jefferson
03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Let's see...

Neo's right, Breath of Fire games are amazingly spectacular, especially BoFIII (however, Dragon Quarter remains as the WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Seriously, it is an insult to the BoF line, and as far as I am concerned, is totally unrelated save for the name in the title).

Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Come on, it's got bunny girls in it. That just screams awesome for any (straight) male out there.

Final Fantasy XIII is brand new, you should think about picking up a PS3 and playing it (shut up, 360 fans, there were RPGs he missed for the PS3 anyway, so this would only open more RPG doors for him to get this sexy beast of a machine).

And I have no clue why the GBA Golden Sun games (both of them) have yet to be mentioned. Golden Sun, and GS: The Lost Age are my two favorite GBA games to date. It's why I refuse to get a DSi instead of my DS Lite; how else would I play these two awesome GBA games?

Another overlooked RPG has to be the Granstream Saga for the PS1. The English voice acting isn't one of the best dubs, but I still like it, and at times, it can be hilarious. Pick up the T-Rated version. Sexy girl in shower scene is sexy. And potentially deadly to those who don't heed the Spirit Beast's words and duck.

Yeah, I forgot to put a lot of games up there, like DQ VIII, and the Golden Sun games.

And as stated before, I don't have a PS3.

And, searching for this Granstream Saga brb

Focal
03-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Tried Golden Sun and GS: the Lost Age for the GBA yet? I know Golden Sun DS should be coming out this year too. Those games are amazing RPG's. Seriously amazing.

George Jefferson
03-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Tried Golden Sun and GS: the Lost Age for the GBA yet? I know Golden Sun DS should be coming out this year too. Those games are amazing RPG's. Seriously amazing.

... I hate repeating myself, bro.

Focal
03-27-2010, 08:18 AM
... I hate repeating myself, bro.

Oh haha, I even checked through all the pages to make sure no one suggested them, sorry about that. ;P

Starkipraggy
03-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Xenogears/Xenosaga? Someone mentioned it, but you didn't seem to take much note.

George Jefferson
03-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Xenogears/Xenosaga? Someone mentioned it, but you didn't seem to take much note.

I got the third episode of Xenosaga. Missed out on the other two, though, II has (as I heard) sh!t.

And as for Xenogears, DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE

Starkipraggy
03-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Xenogears is beyond badass though. Interesting battle system, to say the least, and the plot is gud stuff. Of course, Xenosaga has better graphics and hot playable characters (KOS-MOS!) so meh. I'm not really in a position to judge within them since I've never played Xenosaga, but Xenogears has props for scaring me so bad I had to play one section of the game in broad daylight.

ThatCrazyLopunny
03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Let's see...

Hi, well, I have much to agree with you on, except Dragon Quarter, which I never played, so I can't form an opinon. First of all, I loved Dragon Quest VIII, but not for the bunny girls (Or do I), It for me was all about the animation. I'm an avid Toryama fan, and so I had to pick it up. The Dragovian Trials kept it in my PS2 for months. Breath of Fire III was my life for a whole year, mostly for Garr...the other fans can keep their Rei, Teepo, and Ryu. (Although they were awesome.) Garr and Peco ended up as my best characters. To end this ramble, may I mebtion Grandstream Saga? I actually restarted the game last night after two years of it collecting dust. I think the wonderful thing about this game was how ahead of the time it was. (Or I think so.) I It had anime cutscenes, a unique plot, and it was the first game I had played with two different endings, depending on weather you had Laurime,or Arcia die. Both endings were romantic in their own ways too.

Jack of Clovers
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Eternal Sonata

The Witcher (PC only, but I'm still going to recommend it!)

~Jack~