PDA

View Full Version : Clair and her blasted Kingdra

iSuperiorAngel
03-21-2010, 11:28 PM
So, I got Soul Silver last Monday and I'm finally at the final Jhoto gym!

But, Clair keeps killing my entire team with her Kingdra. I kill her Gyarados in one hit with my Ampharos' Thunder. Both of her Dragonair take a few hits to kill with Ampharos, Gyarados and Togetic. Then I get to her Kingdra, and my whole team is dead...

My team right now is:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc156.gif
Quilava (Everstone)
Level 35
Flame Wheel
Lava Plume
Fire Blast
Ember

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc181.gif
Ampharos (Choice Scarf)
Level 35
ThunderPunch
Thunder
Discharge
Charge Beam

I use Thunder on the Gyarados, so that's what I'm stuck with the whole fight.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc195.gif
Quagsire (Smoke Ball)
Level 29
Water Gun
Slam
Surf
Mud Bomb

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc176.gif
Togetic (Silk Scarf)
Level 28
Fly
Hyper Beam
Wish
Metronome

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc093.gif
Haunter (None)
Level 29
Sucker Punch
Shadow Claw
Shadow Punch
Curse

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbcs130.gif
Gyarados (Amulet Coin)
Level 31
Bite
Dragon Rage
Leer
Twister

and my only other option is:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gbc071.gif
Victreebel (Miracle Seed)
Level 27
Vine Whip
Sleep Powder
PoisonPowder
SolarBeam

I was thinking about going back to Ice Path and catching a Swinub and training it or going to Route 47 and catching a Seel and training that. Even then, I would want Ice Beam... which is 10,000 coins at the game corner... so that's a long shot seeing as how I SUCK At Voltorb Flip.

So, I can either train my current team or catch and train an Ice-Type Pokemon.

EDIT: I know that Kingdra is only weak to Dragon-Type moves, but having an Ice-Type Pokemon would help me kill her Dragonair easier.

Pokemon Master draco
03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
my suggestion. trade a buneary or lopunny to your game from d/p/pt that knows icebeam. and then use it.

iSuperiorAngel
03-21-2010, 11:56 PM
my suggestion. trade a buneary or lopunny to your game from d/p/pt that knows icebeam. and then use it.

The problem is, I have no way to trade it over. I have one DS, so I can't trade on my own and all of my friends are too busy or I'm not close enough friends with them to ask them to get on Wifi and transfer for me...

-Holland-
03-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Well, my first suggestion is to level up, but it's not entirely necessary.

My second suggestion is to fix Haunter. You probably think that he sucks, but that's because all the moves you have on him are physical, and his Attack stat is awful. But, his Special Attack is phenomenal, so you can teach him Shadow Ball, which you got from Morty a while back. He also learns Thunderbolt if you want to try and get that TM from Goldenrod.

Also, Gyarados will learn Ice Fang pretty soon if you level him up. Dragonair will probably paralyze you, but Ice Fang tears it in half.

You should probably just use Ampharos for Kingdra and Gyarados. Thunder hits Kingdra extremely hard.

iSuperiorAngel
03-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Well, my first suggestion is to level up, but it's not entirely necessary.

My second suggestion is to fix Haunter. You probably think that he sucks, but that's because all the moves you have on him are physical, and his Attack stat is awful. But, his Special Attack is phenomenal, so you can teach him Shadow Ball, which you got from Morty a while back. He also learns Thunderbolt if you want to try and get that TM from Goldenrod.

Also, Gyarados will learn Ice Fang pretty soon if you level him up. Dragonair will probably paralyze you, but Ice Fang tears it in half.

You should probably just use Ampharos for Kingdra and Gyarados. Thunder hits Kingdra extremely hard.
I know I should level up in general. I skipped Dark Cave and a lot of other places with trainers that are not too far behind me and I can go through there and beat the trainers.

Gyarados should learn Ice Fang at level 32? I have the guide but didn't think to check on that. Thanks!

Yeah, I only use Haunter when I know a trainer will use a potion on the Pokemon so I put it out and curse it right away because they can't cure Curse. I still have the Shadow Ball TM but I didn't think to teach it to Haunter, thanks again! I also didn't realize his Attack was so low...

Professor Geoffrey
03-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Well, I had a Meganium with Frenzy Plant, so to me, Kingdra was easy. =/

But yeah. Level them up, and it will be rendered helpless to your Victreebell's Solarbeam. =]

iSuperiorAngel
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Well, I had a Meganium with Frenzy Plant, so to me, Kingdra was easy. =/

But yeah. Level them up, and it will be rendered helpless to your Victreebell's Solarbeam. =]

Well, it'll kill Victreebel before I can charge for SolarBeam. I had the Power Herb or whatever item that makes them use a charge move immediately on it... but it disappeared.

Bumblebee16
03-22-2010, 01:19 AM
I used my Haunter to put them to sleep then Confused them and took em all down with Shadow Ball, except for Kingdra, my Scyther 2hkoed it.

Change Haunters moves, he should learn Shadow Ball on his own. Hypnosis and Confuse Ray are fun. Perhaps Psychic/Dark Pulse.

iSuperiorAngel
03-22-2010, 01:56 AM
I finally beat her!

Her Gyarados went down easily with Thunder as usual. Her first Dragonair paralyzed my Gyarados but was frozen by one Ice Fang and died with the second. Her second Dragonair died with two Ice Fangs. Quagsire was a sacrifice so I could heal my Gyarados. Then Togetic was sacrificed so I could heal it's paralysis. Then Ampharos went out and got Kingdra to under halfway when it used it's berry, then Ampharos died. Gyarados was sent out and got it almost dead, when Claire used a Hyper Potion, then killed Gyarados... all I had left was Typhlosion, but oddly enough, I had enough turns to revive and use Max Potions on Gyarados and Ampharos because Kingdra used Smokescreen the whole time, then killed my with two Dragon Pulse. Ampharos was sent out and Kingdra used Hyper Beam, I didn't even know it knew that! But, in the end, Ampharos killed Kingdra and now I'm going to the Dragon's Den!

Bumblebee16
03-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Its not as hard there. There is only two people, but you can get by one of them.

-Holland-
03-22-2010, 02:35 AM
I know I should level up in general. I skipped Dark Cave and a lot of other places with trainers that are not too far behind me and I can go through there and beat the trainers.

Gyarados should learn Ice Fang at level 32? I have the guide but didn't think to check on that. Thanks!

Yeah, I only use Haunter when I know a trainer will use a potion on the Pokemon so I put it out and curse it right away because they can't cure Curse. I still have the Shadow Ball TM but I didn't think to teach it to Haunter, thanks again! I also didn't realize his Attack was so low...

I actually never go through Dark Cave. Not even in the old games. My theory on training is that if you keep fighting the gym leader until you win, then that's all the training you need.

I don't remember the level Gyarados learns Ice Fang (though 32 sounds right), but I know he learns Dragon Dance at 44, which is a godsend against Lance.

Yeah, Curse is a good move on Haunter, but he's usually quite useful just because he's fast(and if you do get to trade, Gengar is even faster and stronger). He gets STAB on Shadow Ball, too, so spamming that should do a lot of good.