PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Pokewalker?

Pokemon_Ron
03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
What are your thoughts on the Pokewalker? I didn't expect much of it at all, but so far it has actually been really fun messing around with. I find myself taking more walks just to get more watts. I know that sounds sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do xD.

Lost Soul
03-22-2010, 03:06 PM
What are your thoughts on the Pokewalker? I didn't expect much of it at all, but so far it has actually been really fun messing around with. I find myself taking more walks just to get more watts. I know that sounds sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do xD.

I didn't expect much out of it either, mostly i thought it was just gonna be one of those silly peripherals that i wouldn't really use, but i find myself thinking of them almost like my house key..."oh crap i forgot my pokewalker" lol...my sister thinks i'm a huge loser...but oh well

BlaziFan
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Didn't the original G/S/C have something like this?

Master Aqua
03-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Biggest pile of crap ever invented for the ds in my oppion.

darthcrawford
03-23-2010, 01:55 AM
I love it. I go everywhere with it.

Bombazzzo
03-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Sadly, as soon as i got it a couple friends and i were thinking of ways to get watts without walking lol :silenced:

Akai Shizuku
03-23-2010, 02:53 AM
I love it. I go everywhere with it.

This. I simply adore it. It's an amazing an innovative little gadget that can really help you in HG/SS (it's gotten free revives for me!).

Pokemon_Ron
03-23-2010, 03:11 AM

gtfo.
kthnxbai.

So how many courses has everyone unlocked so far?

Bombazzzo
03-23-2010, 03:12 AM
none yet :( havent taken any walks yet, but with the weather getting nicer im sure to pick that up lol

Akai Shizuku
03-23-2010, 03:13 AM
gtfo.
kthnxbai.

Just one here.:happy:

Lost Soul
03-23-2010, 04:08 AM
gtfo.
kthnxbai.

i unlocked the beach one today, don't forget to transfer you're GS jirachi for the night skys edge course....

question...does anybody know if the steps to unlock the rarer pokemon are cumulative i.e. i walk 1000 steps yesterday (or fasten it on to a dogs collar lol) and another 1000 steps the next day, do they add up to 2000 or do i have walk the 2000 steps in one day, since the pokewalker resets at midnight?

Akai Shizuku
03-23-2010, 04:10 AM
i unlocked the beach one today, don't forget to transfer you're GS jirachi for the night skys edge course....

question...does anybody know if the steps to unlock the rarer pokemon are cumulative i.e. i walk 1000 steps yesterday (or fasten it on to a dogs collar lol) and another 1000 steps the next day, do they add up to 2000 or do i have walk the 2000 steps in one day, since the pokewalker resets at midnight?

They're accumulative. The PokeWalker remembers your steps in previous days.

Lost Soul
03-23-2010, 04:23 AM
They're accumulative. The PokeWalker remembers your steps in previous days.

ok thanks...i wasn't sure

as for ways to kind of get steps, i posted the dog one, but it might fall off if you're dog is a little hyperactive,

if you have a car with stiff suspension, bad suspension, clip it on to you're visor, or just keep it in you're pocket, you get the added benefit of moving from pedal to pedal, i've gotten like 1000 steps just driving through rush hour

or if anybody has any of the band games with the drum kit, put it in your pocket and play the drums...and you're playing two games at once

those are all i've come up with, i'm almost at 500 watts earned and i havent consciously tried to earn them, it's almost become a game within a game for me...maybe next i'll set it on my washing machine while i'm doing laundry lol

it'll be the new thing "the craziest place i ever used my pokewalker was..."

Zorua
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I unlocked the beach. My trick is to have my Mom do all the work. We have a long road and when she goes on a walk with my dog it gets 200+ Watts.

Master Aqua
03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
gtfo.
kthnxbai.

all of them and any i couldnt unlock i hacked.

Bumblebee16
03-23-2010, 03:16 PM
I got to remember to take it out of my pocket xD. I like it so far. I unlocked some lake, just don't remember the name. It works out for me since my classes are across campus.

Mr420
03-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I plan on using it for item purposes. My GF unlocked new scenery by Obtaining a Abra from Japan through GTS. .
I took mine for a jog with me before work. I didn't read my instruction manual. so I was a bit bummed out to find out 20 steps for each WATT. boo.
But I did unlock i dont know what yet.

ShionRasenka
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
I LOVE IT!! I take both of mine wherever I go. I've even walked around my college campus and earned like.... 150-ish Watts. My dad gets pissed when I take them though, and idk why. I keep telling him it's to help me keep track of how much I walk and stuff, and he just goes on a rant and I ignore him. xDD

So far I've got several Routes. I think I unlocked the beach course a couple days ago. I'll need to try them at some point.

Mr420
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I take both of mine wherever I go..

So you have 2 pokewalkers in your pocket at a time..thats way funny.?

ShionRasenka
03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
So you have 2 pokewalkers in your pocket at a time..thats way funny.?
Yep xDD I got both versions, so I have two. I walk around with two pokemon at a time. It helps when I'm trying to get EXP for them.

JentleViolence
03-27-2010, 12:49 AM
The Pokewalker is cute! I tried it out today, thinking it was going to be kinda crappy because I don't like change but it was actually fun to mess around with. ^^ And I like the way Pokemon earn EXP from it. It's a great way for lazies like me to level. Tehehe.

Shiny Trainer
03-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Yep xDD I got both versions, so I have two. I walk around with two pokemon at a time. It helps when I'm trying to get EXP for them.

lol ur not alone. same with me :hungry:

Grippz
03-27-2010, 01:13 AM
It's good fun, i am laying in bed now playing with mine :-)

TheRedViper
03-27-2010, 05:26 AM
I got mine today and put it on the back wheel of my bike with some duct tape and did a 2 hour ride which unlocked all the areas for me :tongue:

Pokemon_Ron
03-27-2010, 05:56 AM
I got mine today and put it on the back wheel of my bike with some duct tape and did a 2 hour ride which unlocked all the areas for me :tongue:

Your cool?

I've unlocked the courses all way up to Town Outskirts. The only course I have remotely used so far is Blue Lake and that was only for the Dratini.

Here (http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml) is a complete list of the courses with the watt requirements, Pokemon, and pretty much all the info you need to know. I find it really helpful.

Etymology
03-27-2010, 10:33 AM

You'd have to be careful not to crash. I wouldn't want to break it. D:

I currently have saved up 5 watts, and I currently have 455 steps and 6 watts on my Pokewalker. The steps caem from just walking around my house. I've only caught one thing, a Spearow. My Impish Wooper (yay) is currently inside it.

Winter
03-28-2010, 12:43 AM
I loved mine--until it fell outta my pocket somewhere in between the end 3rd period and home(which is kinda sad, considering all that is in between is lunch, 4th period, and a bus ride), so I didn't get much done with it. Thankfully I was able to get my Gamestop Pichu back via manual override code in the instruction manual.

So anyone know if they're gonna sell the things by themselves?

ShionRasenka
03-28-2010, 12:49 AM
That's awesome!! xDD I wish I could do that.... But I never learned hwo to ride a bike, so I can't.... *sigh* But I walk around my block once or twice and get a few hundred Watts, so it's okay. xDDD

Phantom Kat
03-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I love mine. :) When I go to hospital clinicals in the morning at school, by the end of the day, I have about 270 watts. I was surprised that it stayed strap to my scrubs, though I still check once in a while if it's still there. I should climb the stairs to the fourth floor instead of taking the elevator since the elevator makes me feel unsafe and claustrophobic. Plus, more watts. None of the other students have the same area as me, so I won't get weird looks. xD

It sucks when I don't have hospital clinicals and only get about 170 watts by the end of school. D: SO cant' wait for marching season.

I've unlocked up to Dim Cave so far. :) Does anybody know if I trade a JP Rotom from my Pearl to my Soul Silver will I unlock Beyond the Sea? Or does it have to be directly from the GTS to SS?

- Kat

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 01:32 AM
I love mine. :) When I go to hospital clinicals in the morning at school, by the end of the day, I have about 270 watts. I was surprised that it stayed strap to my scrubs, though I still check once in a while if it's still there. I should climb the stairs to the fourth floor instead of taking the elevator since the elevator makes me feel unsafe and claustrophobic. Plus, more watts. None of the other students have the same area as me, so I won't get weird looks. xD

It sucks when I don't have hospital clinicals and only get about 170 watts by the end of school. D: SO cant' wait for marching season.

I've unlocked up to Dim Cave so far. :) Does anybody know if I trade a JP Rotom from my Pearl to my Soul Silver will I unlock Beyond the Sea? Or does it have to be directly from the GTS to SS?

- Kat

I'm pretty sure that you can trade the JP Rotom over and it will unlock the Beyond the Sea course.

I average about 600-700 watts a day. I don't use the strap anymore, I just put it in my pocket and I get the same number of steps practically.

Mr420
03-28-2010, 01:33 AM
I love mine. :)

- Kat

My Beyond the sea Route was not available to me even tho I had a JP Mew event. but once I traded a ditto for a Jp Ditto:biggrin: It did become available.

So yeah it has to be from GTS to HG/SS
my GF's HG did the same when she traded a Abra for a JP Abra.

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 01:37 AM
My Beyond the sea Route was not available to me even tho I had a JP Mew event. but once I traded a ditto for a Jp Ditto:biggrin: It did become available.

So yeah it has to be from GTS to HG/SS
my GF's HG did the same when she traded a Abra for a JP Abra.

Hmm, good discovery man.
I'll have to try this here soon.

Winter
03-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I'd suggest you keep it clipped to the inside of your pocket or something, mine got lost while it was just sitting in my pocket.

Tombi
03-28-2010, 03:54 PM
I transferred a Pokemon to it to see what it was like, but at the moment, I have no clue what to do with it. I'm more interested in the game I payed 35 for, to be honest. xD

I think the 'Imagine' series beats the Pokewalker by a long shot for that award, mate.

Etymology
03-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I racked up about 6236 steps today. I love the Pokewalker so much. D:

Eevee trainer
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
I personally like the PokeWalker, it's a nice way to have people go out and exercise now. I also find it fun to just have it with me in school since I walk about 7k steps each day. Getting free items and Pokemon is a nice bonus in my opinion.

Anyone planning on going all out for the Yellow Forest event?

ThatCrazyLopunny
03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Personally, I like my Pokewalker, carrying around any of my Pokemon makes me feel like a real Trainer. And it really helps me level up my weaker Pokemon. l

Katana Master
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
What Pokemon do you guys out in it?
I always have Togepi with me.
The most current one I unlocked is either the Dim Cave or the one after that.

Does having more Watts when searching for Pokemon make rarer Pokemon appear?

MoonKit
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Q 1: I take different Pokes every time
Q 2. I don't know but all ive found so far is Suncurn.

Fou Lu
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I love it! I get to have my cute Cyndaquil Hitomi with me at school!

SereneSea1597
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
I love it!! You can get some pretty good items and pokemon while you're on there too. The only downside is do matter how many steps you get, your pokemon can only level up one level at a time. :oops:

pink_vaporeon
04-02-2010, 11:29 PM
it is awesome. first time i used the pokerader i caught a kangaskhan :)

Lord Voldemort
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I absolutely love it - I bring it to gym class, tennis, running randomly just to get watts, anything. Especially gym class, we have this fitness class thats required to take, and all you do is run with a heart-rate monitor or weight room stuff, and PokeWalker makes that slightly more fun - I think "well, at least I'm getting watts and saving 15 minutes leveling up my Genger :happy:) - so it also encourages me to exercise more. It was annoying that you can only get one level at a time, but once you get to later levels the problem becomes not enough steps. Pretty much, if it wasn't for PokeWalker, Voltorb Flip, and a surefire way to pass down IVs through breeding on Heart Gold, it would lie forgotten once I beat Red.

pokemonfanboy2000
04-03-2010, 12:02 PM
at beggiining i thought it was a waste of time but it is actually fun i was at violet city and i used pokewalker when i was at school and i cought a wobbefet but sADLY the teacher took it off me because i werent consertrating enough on school work "old lady"

JhotoMaster_Nix
04-03-2010, 12:41 PM
An interesting little device geared towards leveling up your Pokemon, cathching certain types of Pokemon, and finding nifty items. Too bad the battery life is short when used frequently. This gets 4 1/2 beeps out of 5. So close to perfection. Now all we need is a CR2032 battery with greater longevity. Can anybody do some research on the CR2032 battery and the brands that carry them?

Lord Voldemort
04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Quick Google Search:
http://www.amazon.com/CR2032-Battery-Package-Packs-Batteries/dp/B000RAWGIW
Pack of 25 batteries for $6.47 - about 26 cents each.
I'd say it's really reasonable.

Also, turn the sound of and turn the brightness the lowest, and then the batteries will likely last a few months at least.
I don't use the actual PokeRadar and such though, I just use it when running and connecting with other people.
Hmm... considering a pack of 25, you could easily make some money off of a pack of 25, just sell them to people for $1.

Pokol DaErran
04-03-2010, 10:58 PM
The Pokewalker is an epic device made to try and encourage fat people to get up and get exercise, but ultimately failed once these people figured out there were ways to shake it that didn't involve physical exertion on their part.

diamond4evr421
04-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I have mixed feeling on it. It can be fun to use while I'm doing a jog or even just playing catch outside, but at the same time, you get bored while using it .

Overall I think it was a great idea.

dj-tiny
04-04-2010, 02:43 AM
ok but dose any one know about duel types of pokemon e.g. charizard fire/flying who have two of the 3 special type like refreshing fleid flying/fire/bug is it 50% 0r 25%

NikoBelic999
04-04-2010, 02:43 AM
I think that it us EPIC WIN!

I have a small forest near my house, so everyday, I go on a hike and rack up about 1000+ steps, or I go on a jog from my house to the highway and back, about 5000+ Steps, trust me, its a long way.....

Tsujin
04-04-2010, 03:00 AM
I loved mine--until it fell outta my pocket somewhere in between the end 3rd period and home(which is kinda sad, considering all that is in between is lunch, 4th period, and a bus ride), so I didn't get much done with it. Thankfully I was able to get my Gamestop Pichu back via manual override code in the instruction manual.

So anyone know if they're gonna sell the things by themselves?

You can buy one straight from the nintendo website i think. don't know for how much though...

Personally, I like my Pokewalker, carrying around any of my Pokemon makes me feel like a real Trainer. And it really helps me level up my weaker Pokemon. l

That was actually one of the intended purposes of making the pokewalker. In order to make everyone feel like a real pokemon trainer!! xD

ok but dose any one know about duel types of pokemon e.g. charizard fire/flying who have two of the 3 special type like refreshing fleid flying/fire/bug is it 50% 0r 25%

Um, I would probably still assume 25%....

dj-tiny
04-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Um, I would probably still assume 25%....

yei assume that but just in case

sheepskinfuton
04-04-2010, 03:29 AM
I dunno, I throw it in my purse for a couple of days and I've racked up a large amount of watts. I haven't played with it much though, I remember leaving an Unown in there for several weeks. D:

Tsujin
04-04-2010, 05:49 AM
I just thought everyone should know that it doesn't take 20 steps to equal 1 watt if you haven't found that out already...I just got 25 steps and got 2 watts. I'm currently trying to figure out exactly how many steps equals 1 watt because thats how its been for me since I started playing with my pokewalker. It wasn't a one time thing and I don't know who on Serebii figured out 20 steps = 1 watt but it's wrong. Once the day resets i'll make sure to experiment and figure out how many steps= watts.

Kers
04-04-2010, 06:55 AM
I got like 60 watts while my pokewalker was on my dresser. Which is wierd.. To be honest the Pokewalker is pretty fun but sometimes it really confuses me. I get 300 watts from walking around at school for EIGHT HOURS, yet one time I got 200 for tieing it to my dog's collar and playing with her for like ten minutes.