PDA

View Full Version : The Escapist's March Mayhem

Stardy
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Here's a link to it. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/2-2010-March-Mayhem-Developers-Showdown)

Basically, every year they do a 64 Person Tournament consisting of Game Developers, and yeah. This one's currently on going and drama is already happening because Zynga (Farmville, Mafia Wars) has DESTROYED Infinity Ward and are now ripping Rockstar apart. So yeah. Tis fun to watch.

Finals consist of:
Turbine/Square Enix
Rockstar North/Zynga

Nintendo/2KMarin
Bungie/Blizzard

Bioware/Epic Games
Kojima Productions/Relic

Valve/Ubisoft Montreal
Capcom/Bethesda Softworks

... *shot*

Seawolf
03-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Here's a link to it. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/2-2010-March-Mayhem-Developers-Showdown)

Basically, every year they do a 64 Person Tournament consisting of Game Developers, and yeah. This one's currently on going and drama is already happening because Zynga (Farmville, Mafia Wars) has DESTROYED Infinity Ward and are now ripping Rockstar apart. So yeah. Tis fun to watch.

Finals consist of:
Turbine/Square Enix
Rockstar North/Zynga

Nintendo/2KMarin
Bungie/Blizzard

Bioware/Epic Games
Kojima Productions/Relic

Valve/Ubisoft Montreal
Capcom/Bethesda Softworks

... *shot*

Do you have to join the forums to vote? BioWare must be in the finals!

Stardy
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Not sure, I'm just watching the results. I think so though. D:

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Infinity Ward deserves to be destroyed. My picks in bold:

Turbine/Square Enix (sure they're lazy sellouts this gen, but FFXIII turned out great)
Rockstar North/Zynga (No doubt Agent, Red Dead Redemption, and L.A. Noire will rock[star])

Nintendo/2KMarin (Bioshock > Wii)
Bungie/Blizzard (simply because I know more about Bungie and their game support)

Bioware/Epic Games (Mass Effect/Dragon Age > Gears Of War/Unreal Tournament, nuff said)
Kojima Productions/Relic (MGS > god)

Valve/Ubisoft Montreal (I despise Gabe Newell, and Ubisoft Montreal are Canadian AND made the masterpiece ACII)
Capcom/Bethesda Softworks (where's my Dino Crisis 4? Onimusha 5? Groundbreaking RE game? Who cares, cuz Oblivion is still pure joy)

Naughty Dog are my developer of this generation though, and Santa Monica and Insomniac should have made it to the finals.

Zastard
03-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Either Valve or Blizzard should win it all. They are the only two developers left who actually care and listen to their audience.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Either Valve or Blizzard should win it all. They are the only two developers left who actually care and listen to their audience.

Yeah they listen really well to their PS3 fans begging for years for an Orange Box fix.

Stardy
03-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, BioWare's listened to its fans. For just one example, how many people wanted Tali romanceable in Mass Effect 2?... although it got to the point where there would have been a riot if she wasn't (AND I WOULD BE LEADING THE MOB.)... and all the DLC coming out for it, yeah. Actually, a few companies listen to their audience, not just them two. Even Bungie treats the Halo Fanbase well. Even if most of it sucks.
Yeah they listen really well to their PS3 fans begging for years for an Orange Box fix.

Pretty sure that's because Gabe doesn't want anything to do with the PS3, for whatever reason. People who own PS3's got trolled by him, since, because of this and the fact there is no Portal 2 for PS3, he's a 360 Fanboy apparently. How immature of him, to say the least. His loss though, since he obviously had a fanbase for him on the PS3. :tongue:

I ADDED THE TOUNGE CAUSE I BASICALLY END ALL MY POSTS OR CONTAIN AT LEAST ONE SMILEY IN ALL OF THEM, AND THIS POST WAS LACKING.

Seawolf
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Well, BioWare's listened to its fans. For just one example, how many people wanted Tali romanceable in Mass Effect 2?... although it got to the point where there would have been a riot if she wasn't (AND I WOULD BE LEADING THE MOB.)... and all the DLC coming out for it, yeah. Actually, a few companies listen to their audience, not just them two. Even Bungie treats the Halo Fanbase well. Even if most of it sucks.

They also cut the Mako from ME2 due to all the complaints about it. Garrus was added as a romance option because of all the whiny fangirls (ugh), and combat was given a complete overhaul because of the complaints from the fans once again. BioWare pays close attention to their message boards.

As for Valve, they currently don't develop for the PS3 because they think Sony is too concerned with graphics more then anything else. I think there was an article on Kotaku about it awhile back.

Kenny_C.002
03-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Blizzard in the finals for making crack, then making Korean crack beta.

karmachameleon
03-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Final Four should be Blizz, Capcom, SquEnix (weakest of the four), and Bioware.

Stardy
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Next rounds have started:

Square Enix vs. Zynga
Nintendo vs. Blizzard

Bioware vs. Relix
Valve vs. Bethesda Softworks

Yes, that means Farmville and Mafia Wars have defeated Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. And currently ripping apart Final Fantasy.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Next rounds have started:

Square Enix vs. Zynga
Nintendo vs. Blizzard

Bioware vs. Relix
Valve vs. Bethesda Softworks

Yes, that means Farmville and Mafia Wars have defeated Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. And currently ripping apart Final Fantasy.

SE > Zenga
Nintendo > Blizzard
SE > Nintendo

BioWare > Relix
Valve < Bethesda
BioWare > Bethesda

BioWare > SE

I can see Farmville and Mafia Wars outdoing COD, but certainly not GTA.

Kenny_C.002
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Zenga's gonna go all the way, apparently. o_O

Charbok
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Gah! Nintendo vs. Blizzard! I don't know who to pick!

Zastard
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Why would anyone vote Square-Enix? They have released nothing but just mediocre RPG's lately. Besides 13 which is nothing all to grand, what do they have going for them.

Now if it was just Square. That's a different story.

Stardy
03-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Why would anyone vote Square-Enix? They have released nothing but just mediocre RPG's lately. Besides 13 which is nothing all to grand, what do they have going for them.

Now if it was just Square. That's a different story.
People are going from all time though I think. Namco Bandai had all of their stuff listed, from before and after the merge. Plus, Final Fantasy 13 is brand new and fresh in everybody's minds, and not really that bad from what I've got, so yeah, that's a plus.

And just Enix by itself would probably do well. So yeah, guessing that's why the two together are this far. I hope they manage to defeat Zynga, but at this rate, they'll go out this round. :(

Stardy
04-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Semi's have started. Valve/Zynga and Blizzard/Bioware.
Currently Valve is thrashing Zynga (although they haven't put out a note for it yet asking for people to vote), and Blizzard has only just pulled ahead of Bioware.

I'm calling a Bioware/Valve final. Bioware deserve this. Although I wouldn't mind seeing any of those three winning, so long as Zynga doesn't.

karmachameleon
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
My top two were Nintendo and Blizzard, so now I'm pulling for Blizzard and of course the Kansas City Royals.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
BioWare are easily the most deserving out of the final four.

Stardy
04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Finals are Valve vs. Bioware.
CMAN BIOWARE.

Stardy
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Valve wins.
Well, can't exactly argue that they aren't awesome. Bioware deserved this though. :(

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Valve wins.
Well, can't exactly argue that they aren't awesome. Bioware deserved this though. :(

I don't even think Valve deserved finals. BioWare got robbed.