PDA

View Full Version : My games screwing up, help me....please?

Team_Edward019
03-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I only just got it yesterday and I've been playing it for an hour,or atleast until I saved in violet city turned it off and went to sleep.

I woke up on saturday, determined to beat faulkner, the first gym leader when a message comes up at the main menu where you say play the profile that you saved it in. But instead of it opening the game it says, and I quote..."A communication error has occurred. You will be returned to the title screen. Please press the A button." but before that message on the main menu, for a split second it has my profile, my name, my pokedex, time playing, gymbadges (none yet of course...) and other essential information.

I know its not my new lime green DS lite be cause I tried to play my pokemon ranger : Shadows Of Almia game card, and it worked perfectly.Maybe I played it to much in one go, what do you think?

Should I go get a refund from EB Games or is there a simple answer.

*~Team_Edward019~* :banana:

Michelle8936
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Well there was a bug in the games due to be released in the Netherlands today which involved the save file, so your best bet would probably be to get a new game. I'll see if I can find the article on that for more info.

Edit: Yeah, it's here. Just scroll to the bottom of today's news. http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Team_Edward019
03-27-2010, 12:12 AM
but im from austrailia... the game only came out the day before yesterday...:redface:

Michelle8936
03-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah, but they did say it might happen on cartridges for other countries too. I hope that doesn't happen with my SS - I have all my level 100s on there oO

Anyways, I know for sure that a cartridge wouldn't do that if you put in overtime for gameplay. After all, I got all the way to Morty on the first day I played XD

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Mine's from Aus and so far I haven't had any problems.

Has it happened more than once?
Are you now able to access your save file and is all the information still there?

If it seems to be fine now, then I wouldn't worry too much. I'd just keep playing and if it messes up again definitely take it back to EB Games and get them to swap it for you. =)

Team_Edward019
03-27-2010, 06:13 AM
ok, never mind i just went back to the store with my reciept and got a refund hope it doesn't happen again!!!
mods please close this now...

pokemonfanboy2000
03-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Just get a refund and buy the game from another shop.

Team_Edward019
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Thankyou to Pokemon Trainer Sarah for unlocking this thread for me!
So when I got my green nintendo for christmas it came with a free gift, an R4 game card with 30 games including Pokemon Trozei ; Pokemon Dash ; Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Pearl. I started pokemon Platinum saved it, turned it off, turned it on the next day, tried to play the game and it had the same glitch as my Heart Gold. So i left it for two weeks, came back to it and it worked! it still had my original save file as well ^w^ I think that maybe if I had left my HG for a while and came back to it it might have worked! what do you think?.....

Team_Edward019
05-19-2010, 09:27 AM
guys, is anyone gunna actually try to help me? lend me your opinions...

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Could it be like Nintendo connection cables. I had this problem where my Wii shut off all of the sudden. When I turned the Wii on again, thinking to was just a surge, all my downloaded content was gone! I looked it up and I had to wait 20 seconds and then plug it back in. Maybe it is a similar resolution to your problem!

Carbon Drift
05-23-2010, 01:45 AM
I think it's the R4. I find that a culprit. Even though I have a '08 DS lite and a DSi (this year), I have never had a problem with any of my games. But sometimes the DS 'forgets' about the game card. Though that's easily fixed.