PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Pokemon

Razzmatazz
08-01-2005, 12:40 AM
What are some good Pokemon to put the move Explode on? In addition to that, what other moves should go with Explosion on said Pokemon?

Bravo Leader
08-01-2005, 04:09 AM
There are a couple of Exploders that I think of but they are mostly steel pokemon.

Metagross(Agiligross)@Leftovers
Agility
Explosion
Meteor Mash
Earthquake

Foretress@Leftovers
Explosion
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

Steelix@Leftovers
Explosion
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Toxic

There are other good ones but these are some of the most used ones. You could always use an exploding Gengar or Exeggutor if you wanted.

PokemonHater235212434421
08-01-2005, 04:13 AM
A good item to go with Explosion is macho brace

Bravo Leader
08-01-2005, 05:05 AM
You sure it's macho brace and not choice band cause all macho brace does is up your stats and lowers speed and that is useless considering all pokemon mentioned here are level 100. And if you are thinking of choice band then it would kind of be useless cause all it would be able to do is explosion instantly and then it would be dead. The pokemon I posted use explosion as a last resort move so choice band wouldn't be the best option.

Personally my favorite is Metagross, not only cause its my favorite pokemon but it works wonders with agility and exploding on a suicune or milotic.

Iceman3k
08-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Anything with Speed and Defense should have Explosion. Some good ones are Metagross, Exeggutor, and Forretress.

Not Raik
08-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Forretress should almost always have Rest over Explosion. It's a great tank, and you see, it's not right to have Explosions on tanks. Of course, you may say, spike, spike, spike, boom. But I like to be cautious of rapid spinners, thanks.

Not to forget his attack sucks... Geez, I wonder how's he gonna kill with that pathetic attack.

Bravo Leader
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Well it doesn't really matter about Foretress's attack cause explosion will almost always kill a pokemon. I had a Electrode before with terrible attack and it would almost always kill something with explosion. But...yeah Foretress doesn't need explosion but it is always an option to give it to him.

!CeMAn
08-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Cloyster is a favourite of mine. I don't know any decent Advanced movesets :redface:.

Forsety
08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Cloyster tends to be, Rapid Spin/Explosion/Ice Beam/Spikes

Not Raik
08-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Well it doesn't really matter about Foretress's attack cause explosion will almost always kill a pokemon. I had a Electrode before with terrible attack and it would almost always kill something with explosion. But...yeah Foretress doesn't need explosion but it is always an option to give it to him.
You were lucky with your Electrode, it should usually not KO a decent-defensed Pokemon at full health. Likewise with Forretress, both of their attacks are low. Yes, Electrode is better off with Explosion since he's got nothing better to do(Worthless guy...), but Forretress can be a wonderful tank, Rest should definitely be taken over it.

Regice 2005
08-02-2005, 03:24 PM
You were lucky with your Electrode, it should usually not KO a decent-defensed Pokemon at full health. Likewise with Forretress, both of their attacks are low. Yes, Electrode is better off with Explosion since he's got nothing better to do(Worthless guy...), but Forretress can be a wonderful tank, Rest should definitely be taken over it.

forry doesn't have the typeing to tank. Taking normal damage from earthquake hurts it a lot. most earthquakes from a good attack ko in three making rest less useful on him.

Not Raik
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
forry doesn't have the typeing to tank. Taking normal damage from earthquake hurts it a lot. most earthquakes from a good attack ko in three making rest less useful on him.
Umm... 354 max HP, 379 max defense, neutral trait. Yeah sure man, he can't tank, oh and did I mention his type is awesome?

The End
08-02-2005, 05:01 PM
iirc explode from electrode on blissey ends up being just over half

Forsety
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Umm... 354 max HP, 379 max defense, neutral trait. Yeah sure man, he can't tank, oh and did I mention his type is awesome?
Indeed....anyone who thinks Fory can't tank needs to think again....he only has 1 weakness in the entire game equal to Kingdra.

Razzmatazz
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the information everyone. I've decided to go with Cloyster for the time being- it seems to me to be quite useful before I have it blow up.

!CeMAn
08-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Score one for the ice man.