PDA

View Full Version : My Ditto?!

Etymology
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, it appears the Ditto glitch isn't only present in Japanese games. Here's my story:

I'm on my English SoulSilver, battling a trainer. The trainer sent out a Doduo. My Ditto transformed into the Doduo, then fainted. I head to a Pokemon centre, and get into another battle with Ditto. I'm facing a Poliwhirl. However, it has these moves:

Growl
Quick Attack
Rage
Fury Attack.

Just a warning to all of you guys who like your Ditto with Transform. Don't let it faint. Not sure if this happens in American versions.

Now where's the move relearner....

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Wow, that's odd. I've actually read up that this can also happen when you catch a wild Ditto which has transformed into your Pokemon. Seems like it happens fairly often. xD You'd think they'd have fixed it if it was present in the Japanese versions.

I just tried it but my Ditto's still normal. xD

Etymology
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
It might have been fixed in Australian games, which is odd because they were released before the English ones. Hmm.

Eevee trainer
03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I've had the same problem when I was looking for good Dittos in my English Version of Pokemon Pearl. It knows Bonemerang, False Swipe, Rage, and Thrash. XD It's just a fun glitch in my opinion.

Is yours nicknamed by the way? Mine's nicknamed while this didn't happen to my other Dittos that weren't nicknamed.

Etymology
03-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Nope, no nicknames. The moves have actually been extremely handy. It's about level 26 now.

You'd think it have been fixed by now. It's a long shot, but do you think this glitch was actually intended?

Pokemon_Ron
03-28-2010, 03:59 PM
This glitch has been present since D/P. I'm suprised they havn't fixed it yet. I'll be sure to try this later tonight.

Eevee trainer
03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Nope, no nicknames. The moves have actually been extremely handy. It's about level 26 now.

You'd think it have been fixed by now. It's a long shot, but do you think this glitch was actually intended?

I don't think it really was. If this was intended then I'll probably try to get my Arceus' moves onto a glitch Ditto at one point. XD

Etymology
03-28-2010, 04:21 PM
It's just the fact that it hasn't been fixed in four years. Which reminds me, I wonder if Acid Rain is still present in HGSS.

ShionRasenka
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow, this glitch has been around since D/P/Pt??? I'm surprised they haven't fixed it. If it's been four years, I would think they would have caught it and fixed it by now. Or maybe since it isnt' a really serious glitch, they're just leaving it. Whatever the reason, it makes Ditto more useful so long as the moves it gets stuck with are ones you want.

Master Aqua
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
It's just the fact that it hasn't been fixed in four years. Which reminds me, I wonder if Acid Rain is still present in HGSS.

meh to me it dosnt matter when i fight on wi fi there will never be an acid rain clause if your pokemon faits to it tough. i rarely use a pursuit user on wi fi and now with the likely possibility of latias beeing banned for a second time

as for ditto's go my dito has lances dragonites move set i think.

Etymology
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
This Ditto thing does make illegal egg movesets possible, however. I think Smogon banned it regardless.

Master Aqua
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
This Ditto thing does make illegal egg movesets possible, however. I think Smogon banned it regardless.

meh if it's possible then who cares, so long as you dont need an ar to do it. Yah belly drum aqua jet azumarill.

Zorua
03-29-2010, 05:41 PM
I love this glitch. :) Now I steal movesets from the Elite Four.