PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Worst: Horror Movies

Dog of Hellsing
03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Okay, so lately I've been trying to find really good scary movies, without much luck. I've been skimming this thing called the Video Nasties list (Wikipedia article for the brave XD) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Nasties) but most of the movies listed here aren't carried by the library I go to, most likely because of their content. I've found one movie, Cannibal Holocaust, on Google (the uncut version to boot), but I'm not sure how many of these other movies are really going to deliver what I'm looking for. Too many times movies are said to be shocking, disturbing, horrifying, and terrible, but are really kind of sucky.

Anyways, what are some of the worst horror movies you guys have seen? And I don't mean as in the suckiest or stupidest; I mean the worst as in, this thing has given you nightmares ever since you've seen it and you have to sleep with the lights on at night lol.

Unfortunately I haven't had the good luck to see any movies THAT scary in a very long time (I think the worst I've seen was Child's Play, the first one).

Note:
Please, if you don't like scary movies or anything of the sort, I highly recommend you not search for any of the movies people list. Also, because of the fact that there are younger children who visit these forums, please don't post any explicit pictures. Links are fine so long as you offer a warning with it, if it has any chance of offending or frightening anyone. Yes, this is a horror movie thread and obviously any links are going to led to something at least a little scary, but it's always best to give a warning just in case.

Zastard
03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
http://murderlegendre.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/inside-poster.jpg
http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/High-Tension-movie-poster-small.jpg
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p338/cool_lover4u/untitled.jpg

My three favorite horrors.

American horror is pretty bad when it comes to being scary. The French make the best horror films.

scubasteveE
04-05-2010, 07:25 AM
American horror is pretty bad when it comes to being scary. The French make the best horror films.
If you mean in the last decade then I agree with you. 90s was ok, 80s was good, but I really like horror movies from the 60s and 70s.

I just finished watching Cannibal Holocaust, and that movie is just wrong. It was a good movie I guess, but I NEVER want to see that movie again.(I can stand the whole people eating other people thing, but when they started killing that turtle, I couldn't watch.)

I know one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies gave me nightmares when I watched it the first time, but now, I don't find them that frighting. One of my favorite movies of all time is House on Haunted Hill. Both the 1959 and 1999 are really good. The sequel was meh.

Dog of Hellsing
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
@ Zastard: Yeah, I've found that the foreign horror films seem a lot better than the American ones. I think it's because a lot of countries have different taboos and ways of viewing them than we have; something of them norm to them is shocking to us.

@Scuba: I have to skip past the animal death scenes, I know I wouldn't be able to stand them. I haven't gotten very far into the movie (like maybe 40 mins at the most), but I keep getting distracted by stuff and haven't been able to watch the rest. So far I haven't seen any of the worst of it, but meh.

scubasteveE
04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
@ Zastard: Yeah, I've found that the foreign horror films seem a lot better than the American ones. I think it's because a lot of countries have different taboos and ways of viewing them than we have; something of them norm to them is shocking to us.

@Scuba: I have to skip past the animal death scenes, I know I wouldn't be able to stand them. I haven't gotten very far into the movie (like maybe 40 mins at the most), but I keep getting distracted by stuff and haven't been able to watch the rest. So far I haven't seen any of the worst of it, but meh.
Yeah, what makes it worse is that I think the animals are not fake. It's the last 30 mins. of the movie is where it gets really bad.

Zastard
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah the mink, turtle, monkey and the other animals that are killed on screen are all real.

Focal
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I still have to find the one and only movie scary enough to scare me, it's impossible. The only things that'll scare me are horror games, but movies... tss.

What kind of scary you looking for? Nasty scary so you can't watch (like in the Saw nasty kind of scary?) or something to just freak you out, like a ghost movie... Because The Hill Run Red has a few nasty scenes. It even start with a guy cutting his face off (with a pair of scissors) which was pretty delightful to watch. It's got a couple others as well, but the cutting is the only one I found stood out.

Otherwise just google for top scary movies or something, I've found a lot there, and a couple of them were decent.

scubasteveE
04-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah the mink, turtle, monkey and the other animals that are killed on screen are all real.
*shivers* I could careless about the humans, but they had to kill the cute little turtle ;_;. (I'm a softy when comes to turtles)
I still have to find the one and only movie scary enough to scare me, it's impossible. The only things that'll scare me are horror games, but movies... tss.

What kind of scary you looking for? Nasty scary so you can't watch (like in the Saw nasty kind of scary?) or something to just freak you out, like a ghost movie... Because The Hill Run Red has a few nasty scenes. It even start with a guy cutting his face off (with a pair of scissors) which was pretty delightful to watch. It's got a couple others as well, but the cutting is the only one I found stood out.

Otherwise just google for top scary movies or something, I've found a lot there, and a couple of them were decent.
To go further into the "nasty" scary, you could always check out Feast. It's a comedy horror gore movie to be precise. It's also a trilogy :O The 1st and 2nd ones are pretty good, but the 3rd one was meh. Lol the 2nd one has one of the most funniest but totally wrong scences in it, though, if you are fond of babies, you might want to skip it.