PDA

View Full Version : Do Ultra Balls work on...?

War
04-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Last night, i bought 19 ultra balls just to be prepared for "The Ho"...I had a Master Ball, but was hoping to save it.....anyways. i ended up using it after throwing like 12 ultra balls because the UBs were not doing the job...........So, DO Ultra Balls work on Legendary/Rare PKMN?

Michelle8936
04-06-2010, 02:07 AM
They work, but it's more luck than anything else when catching a Legendary. 'Course, I'm stupid and try to get any and all catchable legendaries with Poke Balls or Luxury Balls XD

But for catching them the quickest, wait 'till just after 8pm and use Dusk Balls. They have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls and work best at night or in a cave. If you buy Ultra Balls or others with the same catch rate though, it's a given that you buy around 40, or if you're going for balls with lower catch rates, 60 will do.

Gem N Ems
04-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Of course they do! Any kind of ball works on any Pokemon, just the effectiveness may vary. Legendaries are hard to catch and are a real pain, I know, but if you don't succeed the first time, try, try again!

I always use an ultra ball to catch my legendaries. I don't use my master ball for anything. =3

I'd also like to direct you to --> this thread <-- (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104764&page=7) which is where you can post all your HG/SS related questions. c:

lu1z
04-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Any Pokeball will do but for me the GreatBalls work the best.

I have catched many Legendaries in Pokeballs, Greatballs and even Netballs lol.

But it also depends in your luck.

The pokemaster
04-06-2010, 05:59 AM
Any Pokeball will do but for me the GreatBalls work the best.

I have catched many Legendaries in Pokeballs, Greatballs and even Netballs lol.

But it also depends in your luck.

I HATE Great Balls, they are so stupid and horrible...

Tsujin
04-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Try catching every pokemon in the game with nothing but pokeballs... I wanna try this but still haven't done it yet. I always forget somewhere through and use an ultraball... >.>

scubasteveE
04-06-2010, 06:17 AM
The coolest thing I've caught, was a shiny darkrai on my platinum. I caught it in a luxuary ball:cool:

Niro
04-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Stfu Stevee >:| Damn pedophile.

ANYWAY, yes they do work. I caught Articuno in Yellow with just one ultra ball.

ChewyMouse2
04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
I either use Luxary Ball to catch Legandaries or my favorite :Timer Balls! :biggrin:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Ultra Balls definitely work. They're usually my first choice for catching legendaries (they have a 2x catch rate), but you're gonna want at least 30 or so and just keep throwing them until you catch it. If I don't catch it in 30 tries I usually reset and try again. =)

Some other useful options for legends are:
Timer Ball - Give you a 3x catch rate after 20 turns and a 4x catch rate after 30 turns.
Fast Ball - 4x catch rate if the Pokemon has a base speed greater than 100.
Dusk Ball - 3.5x catch rate if used at night/in a cave.

The pokemaster
04-06-2010, 08:02 AM
I catch stuff in moon balls alot. Just coz moon balls loom totally awesome XD

Zorua
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Ultra Balls definitely work. They're usually my first choice for catching legendaries (they have a 2x catch rate), but you're gonna want at least 30 or so and just keep throwing them until you catch it. If I don't catch it in 30 tries I usually reset and try again. =)

Some other useful options for legends are:
Timer Ball - Give you a 3x catch rate after 20 turns and a 4x catch rate after 30 turns.
Fast Ball - 4x catch rate if the Pokemon has a base speed greater than 100.
Dusk Ball - 3.5x catch rate if used at night/in a cave.

No wonder my Red Gyarados was caught in a Fast Ball.

I'm not sure if it had 100+ Speed, but the Fast Ball sure worked.

Ayotui
04-06-2010, 01:24 PM
No wonder my Red Gyarados was caught in a Fast Ball.

I'm not sure if it had 100+ Speed, but the Fast Ball sure worked.

it doesnt it has 81 speed

Starkipraggy
04-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I HATE Great Balls, they are so stupid and horrible...
For me the Legendary Trios are always more willing to succumb to Great Balls for some reason. Toss an Ultra Ball and they break out after 1 shake max. Toss a Great Ball and you generally get around 2-3 shakes before they break out. :X

Mr420
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Great balls are Great, SO are Luxury balls, and Premier balls, and Ultra balls, Heavy balls are kinda hard to use as not all pokemon are heavy, but Lugia has been caught in a Heavy B . too bad I keep reseting
I happen to dislike default pokeballs.

Knuckles
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
any ball can work on any pokemon in the game. again, based on luck.. i actually watched a friend the other day catch the lv. 70 Ho-oh on Soul Silver in a pokeball

Seercry
04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Sure, ultra balls work. I always buy 99 pokeballs before a legendary fight. Catching legendaries with PokeBalls is sort of a nostalgia thing for me.

Mr420
04-07-2010, 02:42 AM
wow with regular pokeballs, you've got to have that many Full restore or Max Potion right.?

Grassy_Aggron
04-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Yep. I catch most of my Legendaries with Ultra Balls. Although, some notable exceptions;

Giratina - Timer Ball (Platinum)
Articuno - Dusk Ball (HeartGold)
Ho-Oh - Master Ball (HeartGold)
R Gyrados - Net Ball (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
Entei - Poke Ball (Colosseum)

That's all I can think of :/ But yes. Ultra Balls do work.

Poke Ball < Great Ball < Ultra Ball < Master Ball (which pwns all)

Yes. Premier Balls and Luxury Balls rock XD

Seercry
04-08-2010, 05:09 AM
wow with regular pokeballs, you've got to have that many Full restore or Max Potion right.?

No sir. Water Pokemon + HoOh = Not very effective.

Mr420
04-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Some time 2day in the afternoon hours I managed to catch 1 Lugia using a Fast ball to help answer your Q?: and it was the 4th Fast ball thrown out. It took me by surprised as I been using Heavy balls since the weekend. any way what a waiste as Im still SR-ing for a shiny Lugia.

androidspud
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Stfu Stevee >:| Damn pedophile.

ANYWAY, yes they do work. I caught Articuno in Yellow with just one ultra ball.

i caught my articuno on soulsilver with a heavy ball, suicune too lol

GreyScale
04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
You want to get them at a low level and parylyze them or put them to sleep then you use Dusk Ball.

War
04-14-2010, 12:36 AM
you know, i been using the dusk balls lately......pretty cool so far.