PDA

View Full Version : help me make a tournament-winning team?

ctccromer
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm going to an anime convention in July and there's a Pokemon Tourney. I have yet to hear the rules. I've never done a lot of battles where it tells you what's coming out next, so what's a good tournament team?

Current idea:

Dragonite:
-Dragon move
-?
-?
-?

Gyaridos:
-Water move
-Ice move
-Dragon move
-Flying move

Arcanine:
-Fire Blast - tm
-Extreme Speed level 39
-Thunder Fang move tutor (D/P?)
-Aerial Ace - tm

Electivire:
-Thunder Punch person taught
-Ice Punch person taught
-Focus Blast - tm
-Earthquake - tm

Dusknoir:
-Shadow Ball - tm
-Thunder Punch Move tutor
-Psychic - tm
-Ice Punch Move tutor

Umbreon:
-Shadow Ball - tm
-Psychic - tm
-Moonlight level up
-Payback - tm

I know dragonite can learn basically ANYTHING, and i havent gotten around to looking up which moves for gyaridos yet. Are there better pokemon for each type that I'm goin for?
ALSOOO if they allow Darkrai, I'll replace Dusknoir or Umbreon and put him in. He kicked ass the one time i used him. I'd go for a sleep n' kill tactic with him.

07hillmic
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
here is a idea a dragonite

dragonite@life orb
adamant
252atk 252spd 4hp
-dragon dance
-outrage
-extreme speed
-fire punch/ice punch

fire punch for grass and ice
ice punch for flying, grass or other dragons

pokemonfanboy2000
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
well if you are looking for tms or move tutors just pm me ill be more then happy to do it for free.:wink:

ctccromer
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
the " - however you get it" is just to remin me.

Also, what are good hold items for each? And i have natures figured out, but depending on movesets, there might be better. Are those the right pokemon for a team?

And, my friend has an action replay he'll let me use, but I want to get the pokemon in the game, breed or whatever i have to, then just use the AR to level 'em.

Hero_Of_Legend_Brendan
05-06-2010, 01:16 AM
The only tip I can offer is build a team around one pokemon and most of the teams overall weaknesses.
Example: Cynda quil is your main. Mareep covers Cyndaquils water weakness, Poliwag covers Mareeps ground weakness, and Cyndaquil covers Poliwags grass weakness (credit for this example goes to the volume 1 guide book for HG/SS).