PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft 2 Beta

theEND
04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Man, I'm so unlucky to have missed these past waves of beta! And it looks so awesome, too! Anyone want to join me in discussing beta? I'm also really desperate for a beta invite, people! ;_;

George Jefferson
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Man, I'm so unlucky to have missed these past waves of beta! And it looks so awesome, too! Anyone want to join me in discussing beta? I'm also really desperate for a beta invite, people! ;_;

You're not the only one.

Jet
04-11-2010, 06:25 PM
You know the Interwebz has several several miracles *WINK*

I'll let you decide on what that statement means :P

Anyway, SC2 kinda disappointed me, with the removal of:
- Lurker
- Mutalisk evolutions
- Dark Archon

but, yes there is some level of awesomeness due to the graphics :D

...and Terran is just frickin' OP lately; all the changes have been beneficial to them, excluding the Marauder upgrade... Protoss and Zerg keep having nerfs... I still consider the Infestor's change a nerf -_-

Yez I play :3

Assaundrell Yumerai
04-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Aww the Mutalisk? I love the Zerg, but they removed it?

George Jefferson
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Aww the Mutalisk? I love the Zerg, but they removed it?

Not the Mutalisk, just the evolved forms, like Guardian and Devourer.

Jet
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Just the Guardian and Devourer, not Muta itself

though I guess what replaced those are the Corruptor and the Brood Lord... but it's sad that an Air to Air unit evolves into an Air to Ground unit...

George Jefferson
04-13-2010, 04:35 AM

READ ABOVE POST you fffffffff

Assaundrell Yumerai
04-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Not the Mutalisk, just the evolved forms, like Guardian and Devourer.

though I guess what replaced those are the Corruptor and the Brood Lord... but it's sad that an Air to Air unit evolves into an Air to Ground unit...

Okay I understand now, thanks for the info(^^)

Jet
04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
chill... lol, I did state the replacements so I didn't exactly repeat what you said, I elaborated it even more

and wtf at SC2 collectors edition $99 x_x

Kenny_C.002
04-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Devourer --> Corruptor
Guardian --> Broodlord

Now instead of devourer being the end-stage from muta, Broodlord is the end stage coming from corruptor. This is arguably BETTER a setup, since you don't have to divert mutas to useless air-only assaults (needed because they're good anti-air). Instead, you just turn them into broolords and you have a suped up guardian. That does mean that you have to run mutas into suicide missions to get rid of them for broodlords, but that should still be perfectly fine.

Neuroparasite has been quite a powerful ability even with the "nerf".

Protoss gets hit with the nerf stick for 8 patches in a row. That's why they're the weakest. Zerg only gets nerf sticks every once in a while.

Jet
04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
but you have to agree, Carriers are still effing powerhouses... and spamming Collosus somewhat works... early mid game that is

George Jefferson
04-21-2010, 09:21 AM
but you have to agree, Carriers are still effing powerhouses..

That's usually onehalf of my common username: Carriersummoner

Just because of my mass production of carriers.

Kenny_C.002
04-21-2010, 08:11 PM
but you have to agree, Carriers are still effing powerhouses... and spamming Collosus somewhat works... early mid game that is
Not rly. They're still the least played protoss unit. Even though scourge is gone, the fact that corruptors/mass hydras and vikings/thors can beat carriers down in a mineral efficient manner should not be understated. Battlecruisers in general are stronger than carriers in SC2.

Jet
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Not rly. They're still the least played protoss unit. Even though scourge is gone, the fact that corruptors/mass hydras and vikings/thors can beat carriers down in a mineral efficient manner should not be understated. Battlecruisers in general are stronger than carriers in SC2.
Yea, Hydra has been beefed up a bit, still strong without their Lurker evolution

and yes, Battlecruisers have been buffed since SC1... seriously... their attacks are literally pew pew pew now