PDA

View Full Version : Rant about how HARD heartgold is!

Berserk Gene
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I am of course referring to how difficult it is to erase your saved game.

I don't know if too many irresponsible kids were letting their sisters get hold of their games resulting in lost saves but it's getting pretty ridiculous.

I start a new game, and the game warns me that there is already a saved game, I'm like go away, I know how to operate a DS. So I start my new game. After getting my starter I try to save, and it's like all "it's impossible to save" (no it's not, you guys at nintendo just made it this way to be annoying) and to "view the instruction manual for details on erasing the saved game" (WTF???)

So after pillaging my room for the instruction manual, I see that I have to enter some ridiculous combination at the title screen. I do so, and they managed to time it JUST right so that I will press "A" right whenever the "no" option is highlighted on "ARE U SURE U WANT TO ERASE YOUR SAVED GAME?" (more on this soon) thus repeating the entire process.

When I master the code input on the title screen I am greeted by:

"This will delete your saved game. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"
yes

"Once data is deleted, it cannot be recovered. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"
yes

"You see, data is held by the gaming cartridge by a battery backed RAM within the cartridge itself. Thus, any deleted info is wiped from the game, resulting in a permanent loss of game data. Do you wish to proceed?"
yes

"ARE U RLY SURE?"
yes

"The deletion of stored data means that it is gone forever and it means you lost ALL UR POKEMANS. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"
yes

"Delete:
remove or make invisible; "Please delete my name from your list"
erase: wipe out digitally or magnetically recorded information; "Who erased the files form my hard disk?"

Are you sure you wish to proceed?
yes.

Really?
yes.

Deleting saved data, do not turn off the power...

*I get sucked into the DS and enter a TRON-like fantasy world.

Vanity
04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Rant ftw?

Etymology
04-08-2010, 10:41 PM
This was in all the Gen 4 games iirc. At the very least it was from Platinum onwards.

Michelle8936
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
The save function's been like that since the second Mystery Dungeon games came out, you know -.-'

JentleViolence
04-09-2010, 12:12 AM
...At least you won't accidentally delete your saved game every again. ^^;

Flan
04-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Well, I don't think most people are really going to be restarting their games that much, unless they have a short attention span. I just don't see how it's too big of a problem. Yeah, it's a minor annoyance at most, but that's it. =P