PDA

View Full Version : dumbest trade?

pokedude124
04-09-2010, 01:58 AM
We all know that sometimes the gts isn't all that convenient. We all know of the stupid offers and rediculous trades offered. for example:

give me: level 100 palkia

give you: level 25 mareep

This is a thread to talk about the most redicous trades youve ever seen in the gts in hg ss

lu1z
04-09-2010, 02:28 AM
We all know that sometimes the gts isn't all that convenient. We all know of the stupid offers and rediculous trades offered. for example:

give me: level 100 palkia

give you: level 25 mareep

This is a thread to talk about the most redicous trades youve ever seen in the gts in hg ss

Ill put the trade i saw last time i checked:

give me: lv 100 Mewtwo

you get: lv 100 Caterpie

OMG i lold at this one so much. But the reason there are those kinds of trades is because of n00bs trainers that think that kind of Pokes are rare and therefore they must have the same value as a lv 100 legendarie.

hectic
04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Ill put the trade i saw last time i checked:

give me: lv 100 Mewtwo

you get: lv 100 Caterpie

OMG i lold at this one so much. But the reason there are those kinds of trades is because of n00bs trainers that think that kind of Pokes are rare and therefore they must have the same value as a lv 100 legendarie.
give me: lv 100 Shaymin

you get: lv 1 Turtwig

Thats just pathetic. People get way out of hand with the gts so no one ever gets a trade done.

Ridley
04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
A lot of these legendaries-for-level-100-weak-mon are just so they can clone their stuff, you know? Unless they fixed that ever since Diamond.

If you want something nice over GTS, just put up a female Combee. You'll get ANYTHING for it since females are so rare. I got like half the D/P legends and a level 80 lucario for just combees.

Mr420
04-09-2010, 04:05 AM
I have a different opinion about the GTS. I happen to love it. True there are odd and random pokemon offers there, but thats not to say it isn't convenient.

when I 1st got Platinum I had a similar view point my mons weren't going anywhere. I didnt fully understand the seek and offer process, but the more I kept wanting to use it the better my trades have been.
True I bet you can look up & find those off the wall trades being put on offer & I often wonder if any one sees my cloning Mon when Im cloning.

another EX: ON my recent SS GTS endeavour.the 1st pokemon I put on offer into the SS GTS was my lvl 10 ditto it was a whatever nature (here's My{common cents} secret- IT HELPS you ALOT IF YOU REGISTER INTO THE GEONET) The very next day I checked it Trade successfull. but not what I wanted but regardless I kept it. it was a female original trader & it helps with the lottery. I caugt yet another ditto & put it on trade.Some one way across the world seen It was comming from cali & got my Foreign Ditto.
Even the Vulpix I've been trying to breed a shiny with I've put alot of those into the GTS & came up with Raikou/Entie for a lvl 1 catchling Vulpix...WIN...
and I can tell these where probably clones of some ones HG/SS pokemon.

I recently got a shiny Mewtwo on my platinum by offering a clone of my Emerald Regirock. a regular mewtwo for a Groudon, a darkrai(lvl 100) for a Kyogre. & im offering UT. each trade is a WIN.

Judgmental Arceus
04-09-2010, 04:09 AM
I put on GTS Level 67 Electabuzz w/ Electrizer for Level 9 and under Mew. Of course I only did that to take advantage of the GTS evolution glitch.

Mr420
04-09-2010, 04:16 AM
if You do that is it true you have to successfully seek & trade a Mon then take yours out for the glitch to work?

Judgmental Arceus
04-09-2010, 04:18 AM
if You do that is it true you have to successfully seek & trade a Mon then take yours out for the glitch to work?

From what I have experienced, yes. Mostly what I do is just look for random common 'mons like Umbreon or Xatu and trade for them.

Flan
04-09-2010, 04:32 AM
To be honest, I love those trades, because often times I do have the Pokemon they are requesting. If it was caught by me, then I clone it and name the clone some nasty, vulgar name. After, I promptly trade it for their Pokemon and snicker to myself. Of course, I can't see their reaction and they can probably change it if they have AR, but it pleases me anyway. ;}

Calypso
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
A lot of these legendaries-for-level-100-weak-mon are just so they can clone their stuff, you know? Unless they fixed that ever since Diamond.

If you want something nice over GTS, just put up a female Combee. You'll get ANYTHING for it since females are so rare. I got like half the D/P legends and a level 80 lucario for just combees.

They're not that rare; if you encounter a Combee, (which are relatively common) you can just reset until you come across a female.

DemonicWolf
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM
fake arceus for a raikou and then i had a female combee @ lv 100 andi traded it for a lv 1 weak female combee wen i waz suposed to get a vespitqeen

MoonKit
04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Well I saw a Lv. ONE Abra for a Latias...I mean, Lv. one. For a LEGENDARY Poke and he doesn't even have Latios. You have GOT to be kidding me. If I did that I would type in THIS IS A STUPID TRADE YOU N00B

Otherwise I love it. I don't like the stupid people (Although I wanted a legend for a Sunkern XD). That's the only real bad thing.

DemonicWolf
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Magikarp for an Arceus that was the most stupid trade i ever saw magikarp lv 1 for arceus lv 100