PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Sieses
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
There’s only been a couple of new Pokemon that I’m not too fond of individually; however, I’m trying not to compare the new ones to the older generations, because that wouldn’t be fair. I kind of wish people weren’t examining this gen so critically. ;_; Besides, from my experience, people are going to end up liking the new Pokemon anyway once the games are actually released.
I have to agree with you. I really like this generation, we are getting two real rivals in this game and N is a better villain than Maxie, Archie, and Cyrus, in my opinion. Not to mention the region and gameplay we know about so far seem very fun.

Elrond
07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/bjhox4.png
Minezumi is the sh!t.

Minezumi is Bidoof with Sentret's concept (the Lookout Pokemon - like "sentry" in Sentret). But that's okay because I like it.

Also, Gochiruzeru's face makes me think of Meg Griffin (from Family Guy) every time I see it. It makes me terribly sad that Gochi and Rankurusu are version exclusives because I want them both. :/ Although slightly less now that I know they're both Psychics, so I'd still have to pick between the two if I put one on my team.

Roze
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Oh that is Minezumi... I got him mixed up with the V on head one. He scares me a little bit.

Marshmallow Pope
07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Minezumi is Bidoof with Sentret's concept (the Lookout Pokemon - like "sentry" in Sentret). But that's okay because I like it.

Also, Gochiruzeru's face makes me think of Meg Griffin (from Family Guy) every time I see it. It makes me terribly sad that Gochi and Rankurusu are version exclusives because I want them both. :/ Although slightly less now that I know they're both Psychics, so I'd still have to pick between the two if I put one on my team.

Yeah, I do agree that there is similarities, but it's still a kool kat, lemur thing.

Ha, maybe you could nickname it "ShutUpMeg". You might change your mind once the other 100 new Pokemon are revealed. I'm hoping there'll a Gargoyle Dragon Pokemon.

Grassy_Aggron
07-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Ooooh boy...Here comes the info train!

Kibago is the Tusk Pokemon, it is 0.6 meters tall and weighs 18 kilograms. It has the abilities Rivalry and Mold Breaker, and is a Dragon type. It also has a new move, called Double Chop, which attacks twice.

Koromori is the Bat Pokemon, it is 0.4 meters tall and weighs 2.1 kilograms. Its abilities are Unaware and Klutz, and it is a Psychic/Flying type. It has a new move, Heart Stamp, which may cause the opponent to flinch (didn't I say it's nose/eye looked like a heart? XD)

Minezumi is the Lookout Pokemon, it is 0.5 meters tall and weighs 11.6 kilograms. It has the abilities Run Away and Keen Eye, and is a Normal type. It has a new attack called You First which allows the opponent to move first.

Gochiruzeru is the Celestial Body Pokemon, it is 1.5 meters tall and weighs 44 kilograms. It has the ability Frisk and the new move Magic Room, which negates both you and your opponent's item for 5 turns.

Rankurusu is the Amplification Pokemon, 1.0 meters tall and weighing 20.1 kilograms. It has the abilities Dust-Proof (doesn't take damage from weather effects) and Magic Guard. It is a Psychic type.

Wooguru is the Valor Pokemon, 1.5 meters tall and weighing 41 kilograms. It has the abilities Keen Eye and Encourage (boosts power of moves but negates any secondary effects). It's new move is Free-Fall, which has it grab the opponent and lift in into the air on the first turn and on the second turn falls to the ground. It is a Normal/Flying type.

Musharna, Munna's evolution, is the Trance Pokemon. It is 1.1 meters tall and weighs 60.5 kilograms. Its abilities are Forewarn and Synchronize, and it is a Psychic type. Both Munna and Musharna give off the Dream Smoke, which is related to Global Link connectivity.

Now for Triple Battle info...

The pokemon in the middle can target all three of the opposite pokemon. Pokemon on the sides can only target the opposite side and central opponent.

You can switch Pokemon positions in battle.

If the pokemon in the middle uses an attack that hits all pokemon in battle, then it will be very powerful.

A new ability called Telepathy allows a pokemon to avoid taking damage from team-mates.

There is an unnamed move that will cause all of your teammates to avoid taking damage from moves like Earthquake.

The Global Link has two modes. One is where you let your pokemon play in a dream, and the other is an online battling system. It appears you have the ability to capture Pokemon not in the Isshu dex and transfer them to your game. This can be done in the Dream mode, which you get by having Musharna.

The Game Sync is available through your C Gear, and you can send one pokemon into the computer and into the "Dream World"

In the world of dreams Pokemon have their own rooms; if you pokemon plays with and becomes friends with other pokemon, you can take them back to the real world.

If you are registered in the PGL, you can play "Rating Mode" of "Random Match" at the global terminal. It will send your battle results to a server to you can see who is really strong.

Version changes

Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu are version exclusives, as is Black City and White Forest (they are in the same area).

Other cities will have their appearance vary based on your game.

Other info is on the High Link...Also, N sounds very interesting. He wants to free Pokemon from humans, dividing them so it's "black and white". He's looking for the power to bring his idea to fruition.

Black Label
07-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Well, I know 3 of my Pokemon Team for sure.

The Fire Pig(Flame Boar Anyone? ;o)
The Electric Zebra, which is badarse.
And the War Eagle, very awesome, very cool.

I'm actually warming up to the green blob pokemon as well, may use that.

Marshmallow Pope
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Well here's some members of my team I'm hoping to get:

Mijumaru (Water Starter)
Denchura (Electric Tarantula)
Minezumi (The Lemur Lookout thing)

Lord Fedora
07-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Is anyone else planning on naming their War Eagle Captain America (er, some shortening of that to ten letters rather)? It's just so frigging patriotic.

Roze
07-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Let's see. My first team will be:

Smugleaf
Psychic Pig
Eagle
koromori
Maybe Trantula/hihidaruma

Sieses
07-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Hmmm.... Well, everyone else is doing it.

Pokabu (Fire)
Koromori (Psychic, Flying)
Gear (Steel)
Zoroark (Dark)

That's it for now. Susceptible to change... or I may run a Psychic monorun.

Y2kPikachu12
07-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Meh, this'll change probably but the only ones I know for sure I want are these.
Pokabu and his beastly pig evo.
Shimama and his majestic stallion evo.

All the others are kinda meh to me and I'm sure I'll want different ones. Oh I might want the War Hawk, idk.

Roze
07-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Well of course mine is also subject to change. I always find it interesting to see what pokemon become go too. Like all the fun look one might get ditched if they suck it battle or come and the wrong time in the game

Elrond
07-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I probably won't have my team anywhere near decided until I'm halfway through the game. I know when I played Pearl for the first time, I was dead-set on having a Lopunny and a Mothim in my team. Then I realized that Lopunny wasn't that great and Mothim... well, it sucks. So yeah. I can't even begin to predict what my team will be. I can barely choose between all these psychic-types, for one thing.

Dog of Hellsing
07-14-2010, 08:08 PM
magic Room could be very good for competitive battling.

It would be best used in situations where either you don't have Items but your opponent does, or your foe switches a crappy Item to you and takes your good one. Other than that I don't really see it getting much use.

I wonder if they will actually have any evil paths to choose though.

I don't think they'd be called "evil" or even "bad" paths, honestly. I mean, it's pretty much a kids' game, so they'll probably give those other paths some frilly name or something to keep angry parents from mobbing.

There’s only been a couple of new Pokemon that I’m not too fond of individually; however, I’m trying not to compare the new ones to the older generations, because that wouldn’t be fair. I kind of wish people weren’t examining this gen so critically. ;_; Besides, from my experience, people are going to end up liking the new Pokemon anyway once the games are actually released.

Yeah. I mean look at Lickilicky. It looks retarded as hell and even somewhat offensive, but it's actually a pretty decent Mon. I might say something looks fugly or stupid, but looks don't necessarily translate into usability.

I don't understand why people want to compare these Mon to past gen Mon, considering there are many different people working on their designs these days than there were.

http://i27.tinypic.com/bjhox4.png
Minezumi is the sh!t.

I lol'ed.

As for possible teams, mine might look like this:

Tsutaja --> final evo
Shimama
Musharna
Ononokusu
Wooguru
Kibago --> final evo, since I'm sure it'll evolve

Subject to change depending on the Mon's actual usefulness and all, of course.

Roze
07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't think they'd be called "evil" or even "bad" paths, honestly. I mean, it's pretty much a kids' game, so they'll probably give those other paths some frilly name or something to keep angry parents from mobbing.
yeah even the supposed bad guy, "N", is actually trying to do good in the world. If you help him it wouldn't really be bad.

Dog of Hellsing
07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
yeah even the supposed bad guy, "N", is actually trying to do good in the world. If you help him it wouldn't really be bad.

Yeah, but I think his ideals are sort of extremist, sort of like Magma and Aqua's were in DP. I mean, how exactly does he plan to go about freeing Pokemon from humans? It sounds kind of like a slightly dark plot to me, but who knows?

Also, I meant to comment on this last time and forgot. I'm starting to look forward to triple battles thanks to the release of the news about them. It seems there might be some decent strategy with them after all.

MYSTRY MEW
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Question:
He's the enemy, so he'll have pokemon.
He's bent on freeing pokemon from humans.

Michelle8936
07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, but I think his ideals are sort of extremist, sort of like Magma and Aqua's were in RSE. I mean, how exactly does he plan to go about freeing Pokemon from humans? It sounds kind of like a slightly dark plot to me, but who knows?

Also, I meant to comment on this last time and forgot. I'm starting to look forward to triple battles thanks to the release of the news about them. It seems there might be some decent strategy with them after all.

Fixed XD But yeah, I have to agree about the extremist idea. I'm not too interested in the new Pokémon - haven't been since Gen 4 debuted - but what'll be the key factor in buying the games for me is the story.
If the story sucks, common sense says I'll just wait 'till the middle version comes out, since they're usually the better ones anyways *Pokes Platinum in comparison to Diamond and Pearl*

Roze
07-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Well maybe there will be different levels of supporting him until you finally have to take him down.

Y2kPikachu12
07-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Question:
He's the enemy, so he'll have pokemon.
He's bent on freeing pokemon from humans.

I think it's because he needs to use them to achieve their freedom. Or i'm sure that's how he justifies it to himself.

Disciple of Athena
07-15-2010, 01:32 AM
N is reminiscent of Cyrus in a way, judging from what we know; Cyrus wanted to create a world free of emotions, but he was overcome by emotions as well. N wants to segregate the world of Pokemon from the world of humans, but he inevitably becomes intertwined with Pokemon in doing so.

Grassy_Aggron
07-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Yep. Confusing, ain't it? You never know. I guess next month's CoroCoro will detail "The Mastery Document", more info on the games, and a massive batch of new Pokemon.

Btw, someone was asking about what we'd name Wooguru?

I'd catch a female, and name her Lady Luck :)

~ZIIIIIING XD

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 04:03 AM
The details that coro-coro released about the 3v3 battles are very interesting.

Etymology
07-15-2010, 02:44 PM
At first I was getting Black so I could get Reshiram. But now it's been released that Rankurusu is a White exclusive. That thing is so cute, I want it. Now I can't decide between Black and White. =[

Roze
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
At first I was getting Black so I could get Reshiram. But now it's been released that Rankurusu is a White exclusive. That thing is so cute, I want it. Now I can't decide between Black and White. =[
Oh I know man. I want both of those Pokemon also. Further I really like the forested landscape in white better also. I am just so confused on which to get. more info necessary.

Y2kPikachu12
07-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Gahh, I'm not totally torn by the currently revealed version exclusives but I wanna explore a city much more than a forest and I want the cities to look more futuristic but I want Zekrom. I guess that's what the GTS is for. ^^

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Gahh, I'm not totally torn by the currently revealed version exclusives but I wanna explore a city much more than a forest and I want the cities to look more futuristic but I want Zekrom. I guess that's what the GTS is for. ^^

I think a forest is gonna be way cooler then a city.
I'm kinda undecided on what version to get.

I want Zekrom but I wanna get Pokemon Black.
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get both versions anyway, since i got the mula now.

Y2kPikachu12
07-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I think a forest is gonna be way cooler then a city.
I'm kinda undecided on what version to get.

I want Zekrom but I wanna get Pokemon Black.
I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get both versions anyway, since i got the mula now.

Forests are so done already. But idk how you're supposed to catch mons in a city.

You get a job?

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Forests are so done already. But idk how you're supposed to catch mons in a city.

You get a job?

A 3D forest hasn't been done yet :cool:

dhaha.
And yeah bro, McDonalds baby!

Roze
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM

You get a job?
Actually I think they said that there are less wild pokemon in black because of the city thing. don't ask me I was confused.

Disciple of Athena
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I’m already certain that I’m going to get Black; there’s Reshiram, the version-exclusive city, and I could always get White-exclusive Pokemon by trading.

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I wonder if they're gonna continue the pre-order figurine toy.

Roze
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I’m already certain that I’m going to get Black; there’s Reshiram, the version-exclusive city, and I could always get White-exclusive Pokemon by trading.
One: I agree because I like to have trade pokemon because they train faster. actually I like I will play the games at the same time and trade the six pokemon with each other so I have two teams of traded pokemon.

Two: I never actually ever gotten one of the figurines. I never preorder, they are everywhere the day it comes out.

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 10:52 PM
One: I agree because I like to have trade pokemon because they train faster. actually I like I will play the games at the same time and trade the six pokemon with each other so I have two teams of traded pokemon.

Two: I never actually ever gotten one of the figurines. I never preorder, they are everywhere the day it comes out.

I pre-order so I make sure that I'm guranteed a copy of the game on the release date. I was without D/P on the first day they released cause there were NO copies in the area.

Roze
07-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I pre-order so I make sure that I'm guranteed a copy of the game on the release date. I was without D/P on the first day they released cause there were NO copies in the area.
idk, I live in the city there are game stores everywhere. Plus i'm addicted to pokemon so I try not the preorder, ya know, to prove I don't have a problem... mostly to myself.

Pokemon_Ron
07-15-2010, 10:58 PM
idk, I live in the city there are game stores everywhere. Plus i'm addicted to pokemon so I try not the preorder, ya know, to prove I don't have a problem... mostly to myself.

Loll, that was the worst reason, ever.

I'm REALLY excited to see what glitches get in the Japanese final copy of B/W.

MYSTRY MEW
07-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I got my girantina with plat, but I never got a Lugia, even though I preordered Soul Silver.
anyway, I don't know which game i'll be getting =\ I really do like forests better, but wild pokemon annoy me aftrer a while. I want Reshiram also, but I can easily get whichever one I don't have via trading.
Gah.

Grassy_Aggron
07-15-2010, 11:54 PM
There's a new move - it's called Coil, and is a Poison move. It has 20 pp.

*Glomps the Wooguru sprite* Pweeetty :) Big news everywhere for companies, really. All these new Pokemon, the SEGA cast getting new voices...I mean, I'm being overloaded! *Kerplodes*

Dog of Hellsing
07-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I like Ranku too, it's cute and looks awesome at the same time. Exploring a city might be more fun than a forest, too, but dammit, I want Zekrom!

You get a job?

Lol.

And I don't see you couldn't catch Mon in a city, really. Is it supposed to be like a modern city, with people and stuff, or maybe an abandoned city where only Pokemon live? Either way I don't think the location would be a problem in catching Mon.

That's why I'm definitely pre-ordering. I have a feeling BW is gonna be HUGE when it's released, what with all the new features and stuff, so I'm making sure I'll get my copy lol.

I'm REALLY excited to see what glitches get in the Japanese final copy of B/W.

I never even thought about BW glitches. I wonder if there'll be a Missingo-type glitch Mon or not? It seems most of the versions have one.

There's a new move - it's called Coil, and is a Poison move. It has 20 pp.

*Glomps the Wooguru sprite* Pweeetty :) Big news everywhere for companies, really. All these new Pokemon, the SEGA cast getting new voices...I mean, I'm being overloaded! *Kerplodes*

Huh, I wonder what the base power and secondary effect will be (if it has a secondary effect, though most Poison attacks do if they aren't like Toxic or Toxic Spikes).

And I haven't seen Wooguru's sprite yet. Where'd you see it?

Disciple of Athena
07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I never pre-order, if only because I’m never in a huge rush to get the games. xD But then I end up regretting it once I hear everyone talking about them. I actually want to avoid major spoilers for these games, so I suppose that’ll be much more difficult if I don’t have it at the same time as everyone else…

Roze
07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I never pre-order, if only because I’m never in a huge rush to get the games. xD But then I end up regretting it once I hear everyone talking about them. I actually want to avoid major spoilers for these games, so I suppose that’ll be much more difficult if I don’t have it at the same time as everyone else…
I alway try not to look at spoilers, but the I can never stop looking at serebii, and then I end up knowing way more then I wanted to know.

Disciple of Athena
07-17-2010, 04:27 AM
I alway try not to look at spoilers, but the I can never stop looking at serebii, and then I end up knowing way more then I wanted to know.
Ugh, I know that feeling way too well Dx It’s like a train wreck; you want to look away so badly, but you can’t, and then your mind is permanently scarred.

Grassy_Aggron
07-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Huh, I wonder what the base power and secondary effect will be (if it has a secondary effect, though most Poison attacks do if they aren't like Toxic or Toxic Spikes).

And I haven't seen Wooguru's sprite yet. Where'd you see it?

It'll probably be able to poison or have a wrap effect XP I'm betting on the latter.

I saw it on Serebii :) It looks just like it's official artwork except...Well, a sprite. Fwee!

Pokemon_Ron
07-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I admit that I do look at the spoilers, but by the time I play the game, I completely forgot about what I saw in the spoilers.

Roze
07-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I was looking sprites for RSE and DPPt and I realize sometime the only difference is that DPPt are color more to match the anime style. Interesting that can make such a change fo the better.

Y2kPikachu12
07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I actually succeeded in not looking at mostly any spoilers about HG/SS cause I wanted to be surprised about new editions and graphics. Too bad I've only Gamefly'd it and got to Goldenrod then had to take it back xD

Also, I'm really excited for B/W so then I can restart Pearl and play that again. It's like buying two games! /pokemonneedstwosaves

Roze
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I actually succeeded in not looking at mostly any spoilers about HG/SS cause I wanted to be surprised about new editions and graphics. Too bad I've only Gamefly'd it and got to Goldenrod then had to take it back xD

Also, I'm really excited for B/W so then I can restart Pearl and play that again. It's like buying two games! /pokemonneedstwosaves
wait why can you restart, cause you'll trade all your pokemon over?

Y2kPikachu12
07-17-2010, 09:55 PM
wait why can you restart, cause you'll trade all your pokemon over?

Yes and no, it's because then that becomes the definitive game to trade/battle with on wi-fi and stuff so no one will be using D/P for that stuff really.

Oh and, I'm aware of HG/SS kinda being that, haven't made the investment in that yet though.

Roze
07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes and no, it's because then that becomes the definitive game to trade/battle with on wi-fi and stuff so no one will be using D/P for that stuff really.

Oh and, I'm aware of HG/SS kinda being that, haven't made the investment in that yet though.
Well I really like HGSS because you can wifi anytime and therefore have traded non regional pokemon for your whole journey. I really hope that they continue this into the next gen, because I'm sorry but not being about to trade for the pokemon you want is stupid.

Disciple of Athena
07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Well, I still haven’t gotten HGSS (but I don’t plan to, in all honesty), but I haven’t encountered a major issue using DPPt for training/battling on wifi, even if HGSS is all the rage now. As long as the games are compatible when it comes to wifi, I don’t see what the problem will be.

Y2kPikachu12
07-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, I got a Rampardos that was traded as soon as I came to the GTS so you can in that sense.

Oh and from DoA's post before me, I'm wondering, can HG/SS trade/battle with D/P/Pt?

Roze
07-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah that's what I meant. I have bagon on my team and I'm only at goldenrod.

Disciple of Athena
07-17-2010, 11:33 PM
A-Ah, I completed my Dex and I have almost all breedable Pokemon there are in my Diamond game, so I guess things like that don’t really apply to me…

But I find that it’s a lot more fun when you start from scratch and don’t trade for better Pokemon early on in the game. It’s more of a challenge, imo.

Roze
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
A-Ah, I completed my Dex and I have almost all breedable Pokemon there are in my Diamond game, so I guess things like that don’t really apply to me…

But I find that it’s a lot more fun when you start from scratch and don’t trade for better Pokemon early on in the game. It’s more of a challenge, imo.
Well I know we've gotten off topic but I have to say that I really like trading for like a baby Treecko or something. Then I train it like my own. The game isn't really challenging to start with and that is why I like to have fun with it to keep me interested.

On-Topic... Yay pokemon Black. Excited. (well I guess this is on topic of how we plan to play BW.)

Pokemon_Ron
07-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, I got a Rampardos that was traded as soon as I came to the GTS so you can in that sense.

Oh and from DoA's post before me, I'm wondering, can HG/SS trade/battle with D/P/Pt?

yes they can, benjamin.

Wingull
07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
I can't wait for this game to come out! At first, I wasn't that excited, but the more stuff they revealed about the game, the more I want it in my arms!

The whole version exclusives aren't just Pokemon anymore. I heard that the same cities in the Isshu region have different styles depending on which version you buy.

I'm definitely getting the White version. Zekrom is awesome, and Rankurusu looks cute, compared to that black mannequin with no legs.

Y2kPikachu12
07-18-2010, 02:12 AM
yes they can, benjamin.

Thanks for answering, ronnie.

Well I know we've gotten off topic but I have to say that I really like trading for like a baby Treecko or something. Then I train it like my own. The game isn't really challenging to start with and that is why I like to have fun with it to keep me interested.

On-Topic... Yay pokemon Black. Excited. (well I guess this is on topic of how we plan to play BW.)

Yeah it is on topic. (sorta.) But, if it's a new game then I'm not gonna trade for something else right away so that I can immerse myself in all the new mons and what the developers intended for me to enjoy.

I can't wait for this game to come out! At first, I wasn't that excited, but the more stuff they revealed about the game, the more I want it in my arms!

The whole version exclusives aren't just Pokemon anymore. I heard that the same cities in the Isshu region have different styles depending on which version you buy.

I'm definitely getting the White version. Zekrom is awesome, and Rankurusu looks cute, compared to that black mannequin with no legs.

Yes! If I remember correctly then I think that in Black things will be more futuristic.

Roze
07-18-2010, 04:52 AM
Thanks for answering, ronnie.

Yeah it is on topic. (sorta.) But, if it's a new game then I'm not gonna trade for something else right away so that I can immerse myself in all the new mons and what the developers intended for me to enjoy.

Yes! If I remember correctly then I think that in Black things will be more futuristic.
Okay fine Y2k. I agree on the emersing thing.

I just watched the new video and the battles look amazing. Rankurusu was so cute while moving inside of its bubble, new favorite pokemon? I think so. Also it looked a little like they were in a hostel with the two friends or something. just what I got. go watch it of filb.de.

Y2kPikachu12
07-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Haha, I think I sounded defensive, I didn't mean to say it as if you're doing it wrong, I was just trying to say what I like to do.

Lol, that's like my least favorite mon that's been revealed.

Roze
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
whatever ron your trying to keep me down, darkening my day now. idk I love him(rankurusu). And actually you just reminded me that I probably wont trade on BW. The only reason I traded was on SS which I have played so many times that I wanted to spice it up.

Y2kPikachu12
07-18-2010, 05:48 AM
I guess i'm not good at conveying my emotions.

1. I'm not ron.

2. I was trying to apologise for sounding defensive against towards you trading in the beginning. Everyone does things their own way and I respect that.

3. I was just sharing my opinion about Rankurusu, not like I was being stupid and calling it by some insult or something.

Roze
07-18-2010, 06:31 AM
I guess i'm not good at conveying my emotions.

1. I'm not ron.

2. I was trying to apologise for sounding defensive against towards you trading in the beginning. Everyone does things their own way and I respect that.

3. I was just sharing my opinion about Rankurusu, not like I was being stupid and calling it by some insult or something.
One: Sorry about that I don't know why I called you Ron, i get confused easily on this place.

Two: I know I was joking. I know you weren't trying to be mean. I just get reallt sarcastic some times. Let me edit my post.

Whatever Y2k your like totally trying to keep me down, darkening my day haha. I think rankurusu is super cute and I want him on my team and its your loss you don't have as good of taste in pokemon as me lol.

And actually you didn't make me think you were telling me i was doing anything wrong, you just reminded me that I probably wont trade on BW. The only reason I traded was on SS which I have played so many times that I wanted to spice it up.

Does that come off as trying to funny. I think I sounded mean.

Edit: Also the characters look older then usual.

Grassy_Aggron
07-19-2010, 02:32 AM
A few more recent facts;

Black has the more technological city, while in White it is more traditional. Judging from the way Serebii worded it, it seems only one city is different...But that is my guess :)

Also, Pokabu has a new move called Nitro Charge, it is a Fire move. It's rumored to be similar to Grass Mixer and Shell Blade (which the other starters have, respectively), but details aren't known yet.

Roze
07-19-2010, 03:01 AM
http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20100718_ps300.jpg

from this pic it actually seems like white is more technological and black is the forested one.

Disciple of Athena
07-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Oh wow, this is a new development! I had been envisioning that the forest would be...well, like the Viridian Forest or something along those lines. I didn't expect it to be an actual town. Even though Black's city has harsh colors, I think I'll still be going with that version.

Roze
07-19-2010, 06:16 AM
whoops sorry for one the link stopped working...
Two: I got confused it says white but is outline in black.
So black is the city one.

I think I'm going to have to get white. Though with this version difference thing I might get both. I just like electric pokemon better(the black legend) and rankurusu the guy in my sig. Not sure about the starter though still.

Dog of Hellsing
07-19-2010, 09:11 PM

I might get both, really, though I for sure want White for Zekrom. I figure that way I can trade my own Mon back and forth from one version to another and not have to worry about getting a hacked one from someone else or something.

Also, there's a new vid?! *Goes to find.*

Charmander009
07-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey, is something wrong with PokeBeach? I can't get to the website for some reason...

Anyway, Serebii reported that a new Pokemon is going to be released this next Sunday. I hope it's a good fire type. ^^

Roze
07-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey, is something wrong with PokeBeach? I can't get to the website for some reason...

Anyway, Serebii reported that a new Pokemon is going to be released this next Sunday. I hope it's a good fire type. ^^
They also released that a mass of new pokemon will be released in a few weeks during the next corocoro.

Y2kPikachu12
07-20-2010, 01:36 AM
They also released that a mass of new pokemon will be released in a few weeks during the next corocoro.

Too bad you won't see them :p

Roze
07-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Oh shush. I know right. I'm not sure I have the strength not to give it.

Dartz
07-20-2010, 08:34 AM
can anyone tell me about the 5th generation?

Elrond
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
can anyone tell me about the 5th generation?

serebii.net can probably tell you quite a lot.

Dog of Hellsing
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Not sure if this was posted already through Youtube or whatever, but here's a video update (I think this is the one someone a few posts ago was talking about):

Yayness! (http://www.filb.de/)

Click the link (Weiterlesen) at the bottom of the first post to watch the video.

I must say, Free Fall looks just awesome, and Rankusuru is beginning to grow on me >>. All in all, I just keep getting more and more excited about this game ^^.

Roze
07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Not sure if this was posted already through Youtube or whatever, but here's a video update (I think this is the one someone a few posts ago was talking about):

Yayness! (http://www.filb.de/)

Click the link (Weiterlesen) at the bottom of the first post to watch the video.

I must say, Free Fall looks just awesome, and Rankusuru is beginning to grow on me >>. All in all, I just keep getting more and more excited about this game ^^.
I am so glad to have another Renkusuru fan. I am also just glad to here when people are excited. I'm getting plain tuckered out after listening to so many haters.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Wait... so is white forest in pokemon black and vise versa?

Y2kPikachu12
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I am so glad to have another Renkusuru fan. I am also just glad to here when people are excited. I'm getting plain tuckered out after listening to so many haters.

I hate Rankurusu. :D

Wait... so is white forest in pokemon black and vise versa?

Actually, I think Black City is in Black and Black has the more "futuristic" looking cities.

Roze
07-21-2010, 01:51 AM
I hate Rankurusu. :D

Actually, I think Black City is in Black and Black has the more "futuristic" looking cities.
Yes, Black = Black City and White = White Forest

The confusing aspect is that the white logo is black and the black logo is white.

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2010, 01:54 AM
The confusing aspect is that the white logo is black and the black logo is white.

That's what confused me.

Also, Zekrom (the black, futuristic pokemon) is in white.

I'm still convinced black city is in white.

Marshmallow Pope
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
So what does everyone like better, the traditional look or the futuristic look? Personally I'm pretty 50/50 on this because I'm pretty fond about the older looks, but then again the futuristic looks could be a new change of pace since we haven't seen much of anything futuristic in the Pokemon games.

Light-chan
07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Ah, my BF and I were looking up Black & White on Serebii recently. I really like the sound of all the new gameplay features, like better interaction between players etc.

There's a few of the New Pokemon I'm starting to like; Mamepato for one, gawd Pidgeons are adorable... and that Woogaru thing. It's totally epic and I want it. Even the wee chipmunk thingy is cute. It's a shame there's a lot of really... "special" ones too, like the Sarcophagus one and Gothic Lolita.

I wanted to get Black 'cause I think Reshiram is cool; but I don't want that freaking stupid Lolita thing as a version exclusive; the Germ Pokemon is less creepy. So I may go for White and just get my BF to trade me Reshiram or smth.

Starters, well I'm still on Tsutaja. I jut prefer him and I think he's a cute little grass snake. :3

Mind you, I'm still unsure as to whether I'll get the games.

Y2kPikachu12
07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
So what does everyone like better, the traditional look or the futuristic look? Personally I'm pretty 50/50 on this because I'm pretty fond about the older looks, but then again the futuristic looks could be a new change of pace since we haven't seen much of anything futuristic in the Pokemon games.

I'm definitely about the futuristic look, sounds really cool. I love that kinda stuff. The only thing keeping me from Black is Zekrom but I can just trade for it and a FireDragon sounds pretty nice anyway.

JokesterJesse
07-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this but

http://pokebeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mamanpo.jpg

Today's Oha Suta just revealed a pink new Pokemon from Black and White, Mamanbō (ママンボウ). It was shown in a triple battle, and although we can only see its back sprite, we still get a pretty good look of it (doesn't it look like a Luvdisc evolution?). The battle also revealed that the Pokemon to the left of it, which was revealed a few weeks ago, is named Gigaiasu (ギガイアス). Thanks goes to Filb.de for the screenshot below!

~From Pokebeach

Am i the only one that thought, luvdisc evo. when i saw that xD

~JKJesse~

Mystogan
07-22-2010, 04:04 AM

Today's Oha Suta just revealed a pink new Pokemon from Black and White, Mamanbō (ママンボウ). It was shown in a triple battle, and although we can only see its back sprite, we still get a pretty good look of it (doesn't it look like a Luvdisc evolution?). The battle also revealed that the Pokemon to the left of it, which was revealed a few weeks ago, is named Gigaiasu (ギガイアス). Thanks goes to Filb.de for the screenshot below!

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

I could see that being a luvdisc evo

Pokemon_Ron
07-22-2010, 04:12 AM

I like the futuristic look better, since I think it's time Pokemon caught up with technology.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-22-2010, 06:47 AM

Personally I like the more traditional look. I've always liked the feel of the small towns. Hardly any cars or pollution. It just seemed like a nicer and more simpler world that was very in sync with nature. It's probably one of the things I loved most about the Pokemon world.

It seems BW are moving away from that, but I spose that's okay. After all, Isshu is a long way away from the regions we're used to. As long as Kanto and Johto stay under-developed I don't mind so much. xD

Roze
07-22-2010, 07:34 AM

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

I really hope it is I always wanted to use luvdisc.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it is a Luvdisc evo. Not sure I like the design though... it looks like a Luvdisc with badly pasted on wings xD

Dartz
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

Luvdisc's Evo's Body looks like a Heart-Shaped Candy and Wings like lugia somewhat

Marshmallow Pope
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

They'd be pretty stupid to not make this a Luvdisc evo. Now we can only hope for a longer neck Girafarig evo.

Dog of Hellsing
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Starters, well I'm still on Tsutaja. I jut prefer him and I think he's a cute little grass snake. :3

Mind you, I'm still unsure as to whether I'll get the games.

:3 Tsutaja is adorable as hell. I'll probably choose that as my Starter ^^.

I want Zekrom something fierce, so I'll definitely be getting White, but I might just get Black too. That way I can trade between the two games and get all the exclusive-version Mon without having to rely on someone else.

I'm definitely about the futuristic look, sounds really cool. I love that kinda stuff. The only thing keeping me from Black is Zekrom but I can just trade for it and a FireDragon sounds pretty nice anyway.

Zekrom is in White, not Black :P. Yeah, I thought he was in Black too at first, but he ain't. But I think I might get White because White Forest looks awesome. Is it just me, or did it seem in the video that White Forest looks more like a city and less like a forest...?

~From Pokebeach

~JKJesse~

Definitely a Luvdisc evo; that was the first thing that I thought. Heh, as much as I like seeing certain Mon getting evos and stuff, I hope most of the new Mon aren't going to all be evos or prevos >>. So far it doesn't seem like it at all, but then we've only seen a fraction of the new Mon, so meh.

Also, some random info: A friend of mine was saying we might have a full PokeDex either before August or sometime in August (I can't remember what he said). I'm not sure if I really believe it or not, but if it's true, what will you guys think?

Y2kPikachu12
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Zekrom is in White, not Black :P. Yeah, I thought he was in Black too at first, but he ain't. But I think I might get White because White Forest looks awesome. Is it just me, or did it seem in the video that White Forest looks more like a city and less like a forest...?

I meant like the only thing keeping me from getting Black is that Zekrom is in White. xD

Also, some random info: A friend of mine was saying we might have a full PokeDex either before August or sometime in August (I can't remember what he said). I'm not sure if I really believe it or not, but if it's true, what will you guys think?

It'd be nice I suppose but I think it'd be a lot better if we got occasional leaks like we are now, although I know that's not possible once it releases in the land of the east.

Dog of Hellsing
07-22-2010, 04:18 PM
I meant like the only thing keeping me from getting Black is that Zekrom is in White. xD

It'd be nice I suppose but I think it'd be a lot better if we got occasional leaks like we are now, although I know that's not possible once it releases in the land of the east.

Ah, I see lol. I wanted Black at first since I thought Zekrom would be in it.

And yeah, as soon as BW comes out in Japan, we're going to have places like Serebii ripping all the new Mon and other stuff as they play through the game. So getting a full Dex a month or so early isn't really going to do much in "killing the excitement" considering that'll happen after the Japanese release. Unless you have an iron will and can avoid going anywhere where stuff will be shared.

Grassy_Aggron
07-24-2010, 02:39 AM
I hope Mamanbou is a Luvdisc evo - it could really use the stat boosts. It's pretty darn cute, though! I'm guessing a Water/Flying type (please no).

It's obviously based on...The sunfish, I think.

Gigaiasu, I still think it is a Nosepass evo. Seriously. Look at that thing. It's creepy and the colors are the same. 0o'

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-24-2010, 06:10 AM
I hope Mamanbou is a Luvdisc evo - it could really use the stat boosts. It's pretty darn cute, though! I'm guessing a Water/Flying type (please no).

Gigaiasu, I still think it is a Nosepass evo. Seriously. Look at that thing. It's creepy and the colors are the same. 0o'

Yes, I think you've pretty much pegged the sunfish inspiration for Mamanbou. Though there may also be a bit of cupid in there, due to the wing-ness of the...wings. ^^; Seriously, if that thing ISN'T a Luvdic evo, I will be very disappointed in Gamefreak for its lack of diversity.

I really don't know about Gigaiasu though; true, it may have the same colors, but the body shape is dramatically different. Maybe if someone hypothesized its creative basis, I.E. a quadrupedal statue with a big nose or something, it'd make more sense.

I myself? I buy both versions so that I get a chance to play through the storyline again without deleting my savefile on the other game. First, though, I'd probably play White because of Zekrom, and trade for Gothiselle (Gochizeru, yadaya. Whatever she'll be called, I <33333333333333333 her and her blasé expression!)

Now here is where I would like to express a bit of disappointment...

Clearly, Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of the concepts of Yin and Ying, being called the "Yang Dragon" and "Yin Dragon" Pokemon respectively. Those of you familiar with Yin and Yang will know that Yin represents "negative, dark, cool, passive, female" energy, whereas Yang represents "positive, light, warm, active, male" energy.

I would've though this would be awesome if Nintendo had paid careful attention to all of these virtues, but judging from Zekrom's broad chest and manly pectorals...*sigh*, I guess they won't.

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male? The least you could do is FOLLOW your definition of gender-correctness. *sighs again as she climbs down from her soapbox* Sorry, being an advocate for more kickbutt female characters and a general exponent of Japanese anime, this topic is very sensitive to me. Especially in the realm of a series that I've followed closely for over 11 years of my life. ^^;;

Despite this, I'm very excited about the games coming out! I can't wait to see what Pokemon await us and be able to plan my roster!

Grassy_Aggron
07-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Yes, I think you've pretty much pegged the sunfish inspiration for Mamanbou. Though there may also be a bit of cupid in there, due to the wing-ness of the...wings. ^^; Seriously, if that thing ISN'T a Luvdic evo, I will be very disappointed in Gamefreak for its lack of diversity.

I really don't know about Gigaiasu though; true, it may have the same colors, but the body shape is dramatically different. Maybe if someone hypothesized its creative basis, I.E. a quadrupedal statue with a big nose or something, it'd make more sense.

I myself? I buy both versions so that I get a chance to play through the storyline again without deleting my savefile on the other game. First, though, I'd probably play White because of Zekrom, and trade for Gothiselle (Gochizeru, yadaya. Whatever she'll be called, I <33333333333333333 her and her blasé expression!)

Now here is where I would like to express a bit of disappointment...

Clearly, Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of the concepts of Yin and Ying, being called the "Yang Dragon" and "Yin Dragon" Pokemon respectively. Those of you familiar with Yin and Yang will know that Yin represents "negative, dark, cool, passive, female" energy, whereas Yang represents "positive, light, warm, active, male" energy.

I would've though this would be awesome if Nintendo had paid careful attention to all of these virtues, but judging from Zekrom's broad chest and manly pectorals...*sigh*, I guess they won't.

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male? The least you could do is FOLLOW your definition of gender-correctness. *sighs again as she climbs down from her soapbox* Sorry, being an advocate for more kickbutt female characters and a general exponent of Japanese anime, this topic is very sensitive to me. Especially in the realm of a series that I've followed closely for over 11 years of my life. ^^;;

Despite this, I'm very excited about the games coming out! I can't wait to see what Pokemon await us and be able to plan my roster!

Yeah. That'd be odd if it wasn't an evolution. And the other one might not be an evolution of Nosepass, but hey - it should get a pure Rock evolution.

And, uh...Well, Nintendo screwed up its definition of "genders" a long time ago.

R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E Mr. Mime - Male only

D/P/Pl Mr. Mime - 50% chance of being female

See what I mean? Mr. Mime. Female. *Shudders* That poor, poor, gender confused kid that comes across this...

And I dunno. I can kinda see Zekrom being female >.>

Marshmallow Pope
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah. That'd be odd if it wasn't an evolution. And the other one might not be an evolution of Nosepass, but hey - it should get a pure Rock evolution.

And, uh...Well, Nintendo screwed up its definition of "genders" a long time ago.

See what I mean? Mr. Mime. Female. *Shudders* That poor, poor, gender confused kid that comes across this...

We can only hope for a Mrs. Mime evo. Maybe it'll get some controversy like Jynx did, but that would be some long due controversy and Nintendo would be like "Well it wasn't a problem back then, why is it nao?!!" I think they shouldn't make too many evos of older Pokemon and make new, more original Pokemon.

BTW guys, expect a new legendary tonight.

Y2kPikachu12
07-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Nintendo, when are you going to learn that it's not just Shounen, gender-role-hammered youths of Japan you're marketing for, but the entire WORLD? I mean, you make Pokemon like Gallade male-only, yet you leave Pokemon like Gardevoir to be, not only able to be male, but 50% chance of being male?

Well, do you really want them to put a female chest onto a Pokemon, especially a legendary? That wouldn't end to well.

Also, I thought a Kirlia had to be female to evolve into Gardevoir (exc. R/S/E)

Etymology
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM

I think it'll be a split evolution for Nosepass too. It just gave that impression upon appearance.

Mamanbou better be a Luvdisc evo. If not, then Game Freak really are running out of ideas. Evolution via level up with a Heart Scale, maybe?

Crystal-Wolf
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it'll be a split evolution for Nosepass too. It just gave that impression upon appearance.

Mamanbou better be a Luvdisc evo. If not, then Game Freak really are running out of ideas. Evolution via level up with a Heart Scale, maybe?

That is luvdisc evolution no doubt about it if it isn't then i'm just going to stop playing pokemon.

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-24-2010, 06:14 PM

Hmm, good point. Though Mr. Mime was able to be female as soon as Gender was introduced in GSC; remember Sabrina's female Mr. Mime? I lol'd so hard at that. XDD

Well, do you really want them to put a female chest onto a Pokemon, especially a legendary? That wouldn't end to well.

Also, I thought a Kirlia had to be female to evolve into Gardevoir (exc. R/S/E)

Nope, a male Gardy has been easily obtainable since Generation III when it was introduced. ^^; I'd know, because I became very...well, 'confused' by Wally's Gardevoir (the sick kid with the green hair that becomes your rival?)

Also, I see your point about boobs on a legend...though Jynx has kinda has those, but given it's a breastplate.

Also...for some reason I had the impression that Groudon was a female earth deity that created the earth both violently and with care. Kinda like Gaia. I dunno what gave me the female impression. Maybe...this?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/76/Groudon_anime.jpg/200px-Groudon_anime.jpg

Roze
07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Okay so the mew legendary Pokemon(the v one) Vikutini is definitely the cutest legend of all. Also, after the anime starters were released.... Wotter is officially so CUTE.

Y2kPikachu12
07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Also...for some reason I had the impression that Groudon was a female earth deity that created the earth both violently and with care. Kinda like Gaia. I dunno what gave me the female impression. Maybe...this?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/76/Groudon_anime.jpg/200px-Groudon_anime.jpg

Bahaha, I never thought of it as female, it's so manly.

Edit:
You think that would be a legendary?
I would think so, but I can't be quite clear on that yet. I can't really give my prediction till we hear what Reshiram and Zekrom are the legendaries of and what the storyline for the games will be.
That's true but idk for me it just doesn't seem to special "looking" enough to be one. Looks like a Normal mon. But props to you if you're right.

Props.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-25-2010, 02:00 AM
The starters look so cute in the anime!

That new legend thingo is odd. xD
#000? Even more odd haha.

Taylor
07-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Moguryu is cute.
His evo isn't.

Grassy_Aggron
07-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Okay so the mew legendary Pokemon(the v one) Vikutini is definitely the cutest legend of all. Also, after the anime starters were released.... Wotter is officially so CUTE.

That name hasn't been confirmed yet. It's Japanese name is Bikutini, and it is the Phantom Pokemon, I think.

It's probably a Normal type, but maybe it'll be a Normal/Ghost type? XD

Roze
07-25-2010, 05:47 AM
That name hasn't been confirmed yet. It's Japanese name is Bikutini, and it is the Phantom Pokemon, I think.

It's probably a Normal type, but maybe it'll be a Normal/Ghost type? XD
Japanese bi when used it katakana can be either bi or vi I choose to use v since the bid v.

Marshmallow Pope
07-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Props.

Well, well, well, it seems like I'm right, which is some cool sh!t. I just don't understand why it's #000? Is it something that's not recorded or something or did the Pokedex just explode from a mass storage of around 600 different Pokemon? Overall I really like this legendary and is probably my favorite out of all the little fairy legendaries.

diamond4evr421
07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
At first, I thought the new legend was dumb, butafter a while, he seemed to look ok. I think he'll be psychic and ghost. It's a hunch

Elrond
07-26-2010, 02:35 AM

We can only hope for a Mrs. Mime evo. Maybe it'll get some controversy like Jynx did, but that would be some long due controversy and Nintendo would be like "Well it wasn't a problem back then, why is it nao?!!" I think they shouldn't make too many evos of older Pokemon and make new, more original Pokemon.

BTW guys, expect a new legendary tonight.

Mr. Mime was the name given by Nintendo of America. Its Japanese name is gender neutral. So don't expect Game Freak, which has nothing to do with the English names, to put out a Mrs. Mime... Ever.

Also, I see your point about boobs on a legend...though Jynx has kinda has those, but given it's a breastplate.

This is terribly off topic, but seeing this made me remember that the first time I ever heard the word boobs was in relation to Jynx. To be more specific, because my older cousin always used to yell "big boobs" instead of Jynx's name whenever she came up in the PokeRap.... Ah, memories.

Back on topic: I really don't get what the new legend is supposed to be. I mean, I like the design, but I'm not sure about the type. Because of the wings, I'm gonna guess Flying + something else.

Judgmental Arceus
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Vikitini seems like a normal/ghost pokemon
3v3 battles = starter/legendary trio warfare
Gigaiasu looks like a bit of a rock/dragon evo to nosepass to me
There are too many psychics to me so far revealed
I'm not getting either Black or White. I'm waiting for the third of the series
War eagle is epic, though freefall sounds like fly combined with the skyward motion of seismic toss.
I have a feeling that Turboblaze and Terravoltage are abilities that power up fire/electric type moves when in a weakened state, like Blaze
Also Dust Proof sounds like an ability that negates the effects of sandstorms or weakens the power of Ground-type moves

Edit: Since I saw this earlier in the thread, I think my team will be:
Shimama
Reshiram
Pokabu/Tsutaraja
Wooguru
Mamepato
Desukan

Dog of Hellsing
07-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Zekrom strikes me as male and Reshiram as female. All the Legends seem to be more like one gender or another. Like Mew is female and Rayquaza male, Zapdos is male and Moltres and Articuno are female...yeah XD.

Either that or maybe trade when it's holding a Heart Scale.

I see Jynx and automatically think "boobs" lol.

I always saw Groudon as male, and Kyogre as well.

Also, Victini is cute as heck, but that doesn't really sound like a Japanese name to me. Sounds more Italian, really. Eh, it's still cute, but what's up with all the event Mon? D: I mean we already have Zorua and Zoroark as event Mon (well, you need the event Celebii to get Zorua and something to do with one of the Legendary Dogs or something for Zoroark, iirc).

Roze
07-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Zekrom strikes me as male and Reshiram as female. All the Legends seem to be more like one gender or another. Like Mew is female and Rayquaza male, Zapdos is male and Moltres and Articuno are female...yeah XD.

Either that or maybe trade when it's holding a Heart Scale.

I see Jynx and automatically think "boobs" lol.

Also, Victini is cute as heck, but that doesn't really sound like a Japanese name to me. Sounds more Italian, really. Eh, it's still cute, but what's up with all the event Mon? D: I mean we already have Zorua and Zoroark as event Mon (well, you need the event Celebii to get Zorua and something to do with one of the Legendary Dogs or something for Zoroark, iirc).
I like the new name Chillarmy. I didn't know that thing was a chinchilla. Now I like it a little more.

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-28-2010, 04:04 AM

Same here; I tried to associate each of the Legendary Pokemon with a Greek deity of sorts in a forum I used to have (and my try to reboot) called 'Java Falls'.

Zekrom and Reshiram I see are the oppisite, female and male respectively. Reshiram uh...does it have a lot of feather-fur, or is it just happy to see me? @_x Whereas while Zekrom has a broad chest and rippling pectorals, I think it's just shoulder plating and a breast plate. Look at how high that waist pinches in; yes, I know that human anatomy doesn't apply at all to fictitious Japanese beasts, but it's a convincing enough detail for me. ^^; Eh, but I know Nintendo isn't probably going to do something that awesome and progressive...

Heh, yeah at one point I even though KYOGRE was female as well, until I later realized that he seemed more like a powerful but angry patriarch of the ocean. Groudon always struck me as angry-protective Earth mother. xD Trying to keep her land from being destroyed by the sea. Maybe she's mad about the sea levels rising from Global Warming?

SLC
07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
So, changing the subject, how are people going to figure out what they'll pick their starter as?

I think I'll wait until people report how good the last-stage evos are, and then I can breed them with Dittos.

What about anyone else?

Y2kPikachu12
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
So, changing the subject, how are people going to figure out what they'll pick their starter as?

I think I'll wait until people report how good the last-stage evos are, and then I can breed them with Dittos.

What about anyone else?

Well, I've already made my decision to choose Pokabu, but if I was on the fence and didn't have a preference to any type, I'd look at the final evo's and their stats because that's what really matters.

diamond4evr421
07-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, I've already made my decision to choose Pokabu, but if I was on the fence and didn't have a preference to any type, I'd look at the final evo's and their stats because that's what really matters.

I'm just going to do what I've done in the past: use two ds's to get all three. Of course one will be used more, and that'll probably be pokabu.

Marshmallow Pope
07-30-2010, 02:25 AM

What about anyone else?

Mijumaru, without a doubt.

Poltergeist
07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
While I am really iffy about the latest pokemon I love the look of the new region, and the latest trailer helps to cement that feeling. That bridge during sunset looks amazing if you ask me.

Roze
07-31-2010, 06:21 AM
For everyone who hated the new pokemon the new releases seem more animal based.

Arch Enemy
07-31-2010, 08:26 AM

I've continuously been choosing Water and Fire as the starter for the past few generations, so, right now I'm planning to choose Grass starter for this generation, I'll take a look at its evolutions though, when the generation 5 Pokédex's released, and then I'll decide if it's a good idea or not :P

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-31-2010, 09:05 AM
I like the new deer Pokemon. It's so cute!

A new mini-game called "PokeShifter" will allow you to transfer Pokemon from fourth generation games to Black and White using two DS's.
This makes me sad cos I only have one DS :P

Oh and the starter choice is easy for me as I always go with the Grass type. Plus I loved Tsutaja instantly.
Pokabu and Mijumaru took some time, but I like them both now as well! Still Grass all the way!

Judgmental Arceus
07-31-2010, 08:47 PM

What about anyone else?

I've decided on Pokabu when the third game comes out. I've always ended up picking the fire starter since I started playing in Hoenn. I'm also sure that I would've picked Charmander and Cyndaquil if I played Gens 1 and 2.

Perhaps Ill find a method of obtaining Mijumaru and Tsutaraja after I beat the Isshu Elite Four.

Also I'm surprised no one reported the new pokémon and moves revealed on Serebii the other day. I would put up the information but I hate typing on my iPod as it is while enduring the fact that this thing can't copy or paste anything.

Edit: Didn't realize that Sarah revealed some of the good news

I don't feel like I'm going to bother with the new transfer method as one of my 2 DS Lites is still broken and I think my warranty has long since expired. :oops:

Edit 2: Shikijika kinda makes me think of Bambi (not because it's a deer) XD

ipokemon
07-31-2010, 09:54 PM
I will pick either Pokabu or Tsutaja and for the water poke what the **** is that i mean it looks like it's been Sick'd all over and thrown in the sea.

Mawile-Danmaku
07-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I think I'll go for Tsutaraja (who I pronounced as Soo-ha-ha until I saw the whole name. Now I call it Soo-ta-ra-yha), since Grass is one of my favorite types because it has things like PoisonPowder, Spore etc. at its disposal. Though the cutest one for me is Pokabu. So adorable~ and its name is awesome too. So either Tsutaraja or Pokabu for me. I'd rather get White (Zekrom=100% pwn), but I'll wait to see if there's a sequel. It's going to be called Grey/Gray or Rainbow if you ask me.

Operative
07-31-2010, 11:46 PM
This makes me sad cos I only have one DS :P

Well, it's not like you can insert the B/W in the DS slot and D/P/Pt in the GBA slot and migrate like what happened with D/P/Pt and FR/LG + R/S/E. x:

Judgmental Arceus
08-01-2010, 02:57 AM
I just began to wonder, why make Dragon the primary-type of Reshiram and Zekrom instead of the secondary type like the previous Dragon trio?

MYSTRY MEW
08-01-2010, 03:07 AM
I just began to wonder, why make Dragon the primary-type of Reshiram and Zekrom instead of the secondary type like the previous Dragon trio?

The new ones probably wont be a trio, so why make them like Dialga/Palkia/Girantina?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
08-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Well, it's not like you can insert the B/W in the DS slot and D/P/Pt in the GBA slot and migrate like what happened with D/P/Pt and FR/LG + R/S/E. x:
I know, but it'd be cool if you could transfer using a GTS type thing where you upload a Pokemon to WiFi (or the new internet thing) and then you could insert your other game and download it or whatever. xD I'm sure there's something they could do if they wanted.

Black Label
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I think I'm also positive I may be using that new Bug Type pokemon, it looks really cool. Bug/Grass is probably its type.

Judgmental Arceus
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
The new ones probably wont be a trio, so why make them like Dialga/Palkia/Girantina?

It follows a pattern where the majority of non-flying-type dragon pokemon have dragon as the secondary type. The Gible line, Reshiram, and Zekrom are the only exceptions so far.

Disco
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
No one will ever be able to tell what I'm picking. :I
Seriously.

MYSTRY MEW
08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
It follows a pattern where the majority of non-flying-type dragon pokemon have dragon as the secondary type. The Gible line, Reshiram, and Zekrom are the only exceptions so far.

Did you accidentally quote the wrong post?

Judgmental Arceus
08-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Did you accidentally quote the wrong post?

No, I was answering the question in your post.

MYSTRY MEW
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
No, I was answering the question in your post.

Oh... wait. Nevermind XD I understand the misunderstanding. Please ignore my misleading train of thoughts.

Roze
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I think I'm also positive I may be using that new Bug Type pokemon, it looks really cool. Bug/Grass is probably its type.
I agree I really like it to. I think the swan is a non evo so that sucks.

Also the new Piplup sprite look really good comparatively

Sixto
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/bug.jpg

No... Please no...

That's friggin' Weedle with a Butterfree nose and a leaf on its head. And I bet it isn't even part Grass type! Once again, I'm dissapointed, GF.

It's cute though.

Roze
08-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I like it. I just wish that bug pokemon were stronger. I like all the pokemon the more I look at them. I really like the sand alligator.

Lord Fedora
08-05-2010, 02:12 AM
I like it. I just wish that bug pokemon were stronger. I like all the pokemon the more I look at them. I really like the sand alligator.
I'd settle for a Bug type that's viable for OU competitive play.

Y2kPikachu12
08-05-2010, 02:29 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0810/bug.jpg

No... Please no...

That's friggin' Weedle with a Butterfree nose and a leaf on its head. And I bet it isn't even part Grass type! Once again, I'm dissapointed, GF.

It's cute though.

Meh, at least it isn't some wacko thing that "JUST DOSEN'T FEEL LIKE A POKEMAN ZOMG RAGE" I hope it's evo line is actually alright though.

Roze
08-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Okay hihidaruma pre-evo is either awesome or totally rediculously bad. I can't tell yet.

Poltergeist
08-07-2010, 04:11 AM
I swear, when I saw Emonga the first thing that came to mind was flying pikachu. I am so gonna put that guy on my team!

Kers
08-07-2010, 04:15 AM
new caterpie is a bro

3m0d0ll
08-07-2010, 04:29 AM
I can see it know...

Emonga: I'M CUTER!!!
Chiramii: NAW BEOTCH, I'M CUTER!!!!

EDIT:
I can definitely picture that Bug thing using Razor Leaf =♥w♥=

@Spirit:
It's probably a Non-Evo. Pokemon. Or at least that's what I think.

Lord Fedora
08-07-2010, 05:01 AM
I can see it know...

They both have a place on my team :3

Anyone else think Darumakka looks like a big furry tomato with horns?

3m0d0ll
08-07-2010, 05:13 AM
@Kajh:
What's a Darumakka? O___o

OMFG!!!
IS THAT A LUVDISC EVO I FINALLY SEE?!?!?!?!
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722150260/pokemon/images/6/6c/Mamanbo.jpg
-dies-

Kers
08-07-2010, 05:25 AM
@Kajh:
What's a Darumakka? O___o

OMFG!!!
IS THAT A LUVDISC EVO I FINALLY SEE?!?!?!?!
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722150260/pokemon/images/6/6c/Mamanbo.jpg
-dies-

i think he means hihidaruma.

and if you've just barely found out about the luvdisc evo check this page out: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

3m0d0ll
08-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Maybe now she is better than Rain Dance-Surf combos.
I can picture that thing using Ancient Power
-diesdies-
*runs off to the ASB to buy a Luvdisc*

I just don't check Serebii that often; once or twice a week usually.

Lord Fedora
08-07-2010, 05:54 AM
i think he means hihidaruma.

It's Hihidaruma's pre-evo. You know, the thing in the screenshot on the bottom of today's Serebii post? The furry tomato with horns?

3m0d0ll
08-07-2010, 06:03 AM
*checks Serebii*
Oh wow, you're right. A hairy tomato.
IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! -squeezes-
Getting one of those along with Emonga as long as that learns Steel Wing.
I don't think it evolves into one of those Ape/Monkey things though, but the name suggests that it does after all. ;^;

EDIT:
I hate how you can't copy/view images from Serebii. It's probably so nobody steals them, but it's just annoying.
Here is the Darumakka thingy:
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bustour_newpoke.png
Cred to PokeJungle for the image.

Grassy_Aggron
08-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Okay, more info (a little late, sorry).

Emonga, the Flying Squirrel Pokemon, is 0.4 meters tall and weighs 5 kilograms. It has the ability Static and is an Electric/Flying type. [Hey, looks like Zapdos isn't alone anymore!]

Gigaiasu [the one we thought looked like a Nosepass evo?] is the High Pressure Pokemon, 1.7 meters tall and weighs 270 kilograms. It has the ability Sturdy and is a Rock type.

Darumakka is supposedly Hihidaruma's pre-evolution [just how, though? 0o]

Shikijika [the deer one] has been confirmed as a Normal/Grass type [where's the Normal/Fire now? XD], has the ability Chlorophyll, and its appearance apparently changes with the seasons.

There is a new pokemon called Basurao [no pictures yet] that knows Aqua Jet and Uproar.

The move Growth's effects seems to have changed - it now ups Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage.

Victini [it's the legendary pokemon] is the Victory Pokemon, is a Psychic/Fire type, and has the ability Victory Star [no info yet]. It is 0.4 meters tall and weighs 4 kilograms. It has a new move called Complete Burn, but no info is known yet.

I had a feeling the deer pokemon was a Normal/Grass type :)

Y2kPikachu12
08-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I like that Shikijika has four different forms according to the seasons, but I hope it has an evo.

Also, what does everyone think of being able to only catch Gen 5 mons until you beat the game?

I like it I suppose.

3m0d0ll
08-07-2010, 02:21 PM
It sucks that won't be able to put a Pidgey/Stary on my team, but that one huge eagel thing might do the trick |D
GF probably wants people to appreciate the new Pokemon and not rely on the same Pokemon since Gen1. *Pidgey, Arcanine, Tentacruel, ect*

Black Label
08-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I like that Shikijika has four different forms according to the seasons, but I hope it has an evo.

Also, what does everyone think of being able to only catch Gen 5 mons until you beat the game?

I like it I suppose.

No more Zubat and Geodude in caves. xD At least now you get new faces to run into 24/7 like that Gay Heart Bat, and whatever the new Geodude of this gen is.

earth_type_rule
08-07-2010, 05:18 PM
No more Zubat and Geodude in caves. xD At least now you get new faces to run into 24/7 like that Gay Heart Bat, and whatever the new Geodude of this gen is.

Wait what? So you're saying I won't be able to get a crobat soon in the game? =(

Judgmental Arceus
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM

I like it I suppose.

I like it as a majority, because it means the game and Game Freak want you to play more with the new mons and stop depending on mons from previous generations. This does however mean no defeating the Elite Four with an Electivire, a Staraptor, or a Crobat. :(

Operative
08-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I like it as a majority, because it means the game and Game Freak want you to play more with the new mons and stop depending on mons from previous generations. This does however mean no defeating the Elite Four with an Electivire, a Staraptor, or a Crobat. :(

Migrating is still possible with two DS'.

Which is a good thing for people with two DS's/have a family member with another DS/have a friend with a DS. x:

Y2kPikachu12
08-08-2010, 02:04 AM

Gah, you're making me hate him already :x

Which is a good thing for people with two DS's/have a family member with another DS/have a friend with a DS. x:

Yeah, it's a very simple solution for me as each of my 3 sisters have their own DS.

Lord Fedora
08-08-2010, 02:38 AM

From what it sounds like we're gonna need to finish the mainline game before we can migrate.

Judgmental Arceus
08-08-2010, 04:29 AM

I used to have 2 DS Lites, but one is broken, so I'll have to go old school and use a Pokémon modifier. Also all the annoying effort to go through a stupid minigame; Pal Park was simply find, catch, and keep.
From what it sounds like we're gonna need to finish the mainline game before we can migrate.
That's probably how it is. Pal Park didn't open until the Elite Four was beaten, so I guess the minigame will fall under the same requirement.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
08-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm excited about the seasons. Still not really a fan of 90% of the new Pokemon, but the gameplay is gonna be awesome!

Judgmental Arceus
08-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm excited about the seasons. Still not really a fan of 90% of the new Pokemon, but the gameplay is gonna be awesome!

Blarg. The fact that the game is season based is going to make the game too long IMO.
Also, Swana the Swan Pokémon? Really GameFreak?

I think that to make a seasonal pokémon, they (GameFreak) should've made Shikijaka change typing depending on the season (like Grass-type in Spring and Autumn, Fire-type in Summer, and Ice-type in Winter). I would support a future pokémon like this wholeheartedly. I'm still waiting for a Dragon/Ice legendary, but it seems as though that won't happen anytime soon.

Elrond
08-09-2010, 02:53 PM

Yeah, but at least it's looking like Koromori won't be so fast, so you'll actually be able to run from battles with it/its evolutions when you're using a slow Pokemon.

Dog of Hellsing
08-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Some other info from Serebii:

Apparently Shikijika isn't the only Mon to change according to the season. It'd be interesting to see if all Grass Mon undergo changes.

Vaporeon gets Hydration if you receive it from the Dream World. Someone was telling me a few days ago that the Eeveelutions have different Abilities from the usual ones when you get them from the Dream World. I wonder what the others might get. Personally, I think Jolteon and Flareon should keep their normal Abilities. Glaceon could probably benefit from Ice Body instead of Snow Cloak, and Leafeon might do good with Chlorophyll. Umbreon and Espeon could stand to get other Abilities, too, really.

Sturdy is now a much more useful Ability! Instead of just preventing OHKO moves from working, any move that would knock out the Mon in one hit now leaves that Mon with 1 HP, so long as the Mon had maximum HP when it was struck. Sort of like a built in Focus Sash.

Mamanbou looks much better in the magazine picture than it does in the game demo picture. To be honest though, outside of the game pictures it looks less like a Luvdic evo, but I think that's because of the angle of the picture.

The Pokeshifter can only be used after you beat the main story. So nope, looks like no Garchomp, Crobat, Jolteon, or other such Mon for the first playthrough. I sorta like it though, because like everyone else said, it lets people focus on just the new Mon and what they're capable of, instead of immediately falling back on what's familiar. And who knows, maybe Mon like Crobat and Weavile will be pushed aside by new gen Mon? We'll just have to see.

Am I the only one who REALLY likes the idea of Pokemon Musicals? They might be the Contest replacements, but they look fun as heck.

Swana...? I only just learned of the Swan Mon's name, and it makes me want to cry. I made a Swan Pokemon and named it Swansong, though, so I can't really talk, but that was back when I was younger. And at any rate, it was a singing Pokemon, so it made since XD.

Grassy_Aggron
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Swana looks pretty, although those blue tufts of feathers on its chest...Make it look like something else...0o' And it's a Water/Flying type!

I think the pokes look all right, really. I could get used to them. Also...

TMs don't disappear after use now.

Anyone else happy about this? I wonder if they'll become "Used TM" like in PMD...

Also, I think I may need to get a DSi or something...I don't have WiFi for my DS Lite (battery is going anyways, though). My Wii has WiFi, but I don't think that'll work...

Wii: Oh boo. I was hoping to get some more action.

Sturdy is now a much more useful Ability! Instead of just preventing OHKO moves from working, any move that would knock out the Mon in one hit now leaves that Mon with 1 HP, so long as the Mon had maximum HP when it was struck. Sort of like a built in Focus Sash.

Oh my sweet, sweet Aggron...Now he can finally get some use from that! Take a hit, return the favor with Metal Burst, eat a berry to max speed to get in a hit...*Drooling*

Finally! Bossgodora is moving up in the rankings! :)

*Coughs* Yeah. I'm happy. I plan on making a Special sweeper Aggron...Because I like being different XD So this should help!

Judgmental Arceus
08-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Sturdy's upgrade in B/W = Serious abuse in E4 and Serious increase of Mold Breaker pokémon in WiFi battles.
The fact that TMs don't dissappear makes me wonder if the TMs can be reuseable like HMs. If so, then no more hunting for Thunders and Hyper Beams ^_^

MYSTRY MEW
08-10-2010, 04:57 PM
If the above statement is ture, then the TMS will be a lot more hard to find than in past generations.
I'm convinced it'll just turn to "Used TM" and moves like refresh will bring it back.

Operative
08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
-raises hand-

I'm happy about non-disappearing TMs.

And for anyone interested, there's also a page on Smogon that lists possible changes to moves for Gen. 6. I just cba to look for it. ^^;

Also, Swana the Swan Pokémon? Really GameFreak?

That's only the Japanese name. Remember Umbreon? It's JP name is Blacky. :/

Judgmental Arceus
08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
-raises hand-

I'm happy about non-disappearing TMs.

And for anyone interested, there's also a page on Smogon that lists possible changes to moves for Gen. 6. I just cba to look for it. ^^;

So then with Gear the Gear pokémon I should expect a different name? Pikachu kept it's Japanese name in the English version.

Operative
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
So then with Gear the Gear pokémon I should expect a different name?

Not necessarily. I'm just saying that it COULD change.

Black Label
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
So with Sturdy, imagine running through a cave with Wotter or Smugleaf. Survives with Sturdy, then explodes. Fun.

Dog of Hellsing
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
TMs don't disappear after use now.

Anyone else happy about this? I wonder if they'll become "Used TM" like in PMD...

Oh my sweet, sweet Aggron...Now he can finally get some use from that! Take a hit, return the favor with Metal Burst, eat a berry to max speed to get in a hit...*Drooling*

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]It would be totally awesome if TMs became multi-time use like HMs, but they'd probably become even more rare/expensive than they were in previous games.

Also, I've never played any of the PMD games, but I'm assuming "Used TM" is something that just shows you that you've used a TM, amirite?

And lol, it's not just Aggron that'll benefit from Sturdy's upgrade. All Pokemon who get it can get some use out of it now, even if they aren't OU or BL. There are UU and NU battles, after all ^^.

I lol'ed.

I sort of hope Gear's name stays the same, cuz it just seems awesome. I hope to God Wooguru's English name is NOT Wargle, because it sounds retarded.

And I will cry if Tsutaja's English name does turn out to be Smugleaf, which is doubtful, but still.

Lord Fedora
08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
So with Sturdy, imagine running through a cave with Wotter or Smugleaf. Survives with Sturdy, then explodes. Fun.
I swear they're tailor-making this game for Nuzlockers.

Grassy_Aggron
08-11-2010, 01:42 AM
It would be totally awesome if TMs became multi-time use like HMs, but they'd probably become even more rare/expensive than they were in previous games.

Also, I've never played any of the PMD games, but I'm assuming "Used TM" is something that just shows you that you've used a TM, amirite?

And lol, it's not just Aggron that'll benefit from Sturdy's upgrade. All Pokemon who get it can get some use out of it now, even if they aren't OU or BL. There are UU and NU battles, after all ^^.

I lol'ed.

I sort of hope Gear's name stays the same, cuz it just seems awesome. I hope to God Wooguru's English name is NOT Wargle, because it sounds retarded.

And I will cry if Tsutaja's English name does turn out to be Smugleaf, which is doubtful, but still.

A "Used TM" is, as you said, a TM that has been used. It can be restored with a Pokemon holding it and using Recycle (ironically, the TM that teaches Recycle can't be restored this way).

Yep. Either way, I've been hoping Aggron got some more use...It's so awesome looking.

Lol. "Go! Wargle!"

"Wargle? Seriously?"

"What's wrong with his name?!? >:( "

"...It sounds like it's supposed to be gargling or something! XD"

Lol. As for Smugleaf...Probably not. It'd probably be something like Snakeaf, or Grasnake or something.

Also...Anyone think Tropius should also be a season changer?

Spring - Flowers and pink leaves
Summer - Bananas and green leaves
Fall - Shriveled bananas and red leaves
Winter - No fruit and brown leaves

Eh? I think it could work ^^

Y2kPikachu12
08-11-2010, 02:34 AM
What are the changes to Sturdy, I can't seem to find them?

Grassy_Aggron
08-11-2010, 04:37 AM
What are the changes to Sturdy, I can't seem to find them?

Sturdy now protects against any kind of one-hit knockout move if the Pokemon is at full health.

Like Dog of Hellsing said, it's a built in Focus Sash.

Judgmental Arceus
08-11-2010, 06:12 AM
So, just to cause a bit of speculation, who actually thinks Hatooboo is related to Mamepato?

Black Label
08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
So, just to cause a bit of speculation, who actually thinks Hatooboo is related to Mamepato?

Possibly. Both birds, but unless the picture has a distortion of color, it seems Mamepato's colors will change quite a bit.

Kers
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Forretress and Rampardos become uber.
I'M CALLING IT.

ThePokeCritic
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Hmm... Anyone know Japanese?

Dog of Hellsing
08-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Forretress and Rampardos become uber.
I'M CALLING IT.

XD I think most people will probably stick with Mold Breaker for Ramp, really. Just my two cents.

At any rate, I can't wait till next month! When the Japanese versions are finally released, we'll be buried under Youtube videos and crap, and that makes me excited! :3

Judgmental Arceus
08-16-2010, 05:16 AM
So, though I'm sure people already know about the Kanto starters in the Dream World, what do you people think their abilities will/should be?

Y2kPikachu12
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Just found this out.

A website viewer has sent us the material he used to create Wakoishi, that ugly plant Pokemon, and the sprite of Emonga. So, the images are confirmed fakes, which isn’t too surprising since no one who saw the demos mentioned the two Pokemon.

Link (http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/photos-of-tabunne-basurao-darumakka-from-bw-demos-next-corocoro-details)

I'm only really disappointed about Emonga because it felt like a Pokemon and Electric-Flying ftw. Oh and I've heard speculation that Emonga may not be fake because it only says that the sprite is fake. We'll see.

Dog of Hellsing
08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope Emonga isn't fake, because even though it looks like a Pachirisu clone, it's still cute and I want one for the novelty of it XD.

Tabunne is adorable as hell and I DO WANT.

Basurao scares me ;_;...

Zorua’s Illusion ability transforms you into the second Pokemon you’re holding but even if it looks like another Pokemon it says “What will Zorua do?” Illusion’s effect is that when Zorua is hit by an attack that causes damage, even if it is weak, Illusion breaks. While you’re disguised, you don’t even become the transformed Pokemon’s type nor can you use its moves. In the demo, Zorua knows Faint Attack and Fury Swipes.

Does it sound to anyone else like maybe Illusion is sort of a built in, first-turn Sub of some kind? The way that was worded makes it sound like non-damaging moves might be blocked and that at least the first attack might be blocked.

OR...perhaps when Zorua is sent out, it's sent in the form of your second Pokemon instead of as a Zorua, so your opponent doesn't know until they attack that it's actually a Zorua (or you use a move that the Mon it's disgused as can't learn lol).

Either way it seems like it might be a useful Ability. It gives you a chance to set up, and if you're disguised as a Fighting Mon and a foe uses some Psychic attack on you, it'll be like "LOL EPIC FAIL!" XD.

Charmander009
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
LoL, there sure is a lot of cute Pokemon coming out in this new region. <3

Say, do you guys think that Kibago eventually involves into Ononokusu? They don't have the same coloring, but do you remember the toy prototype that came out of Kibago? It was off-colored, maybe shiny? It was brown... so maybe the Ononokusu that was revealed is actually a shiny? (if Kibago does involve into it?)

Elrond
08-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Just found this out.

Link (http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/photos-of-tabunne-basurao-darumakka-from-bw-demos-next-corocoro-details)

I'm only really disappointed about Emonga because it felt like a Pokemon and Electric-Flying ftw. Oh and I've heard speculation that Emonga may not be fake because it only says that the sprite is fake. We'll see.

Serebii said in his forums somewhere (I can't remember where I saw it) that Emonga is real, just not the sprite, and I tend to believe him.

Y2kPikachu12
08-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Serebii said in his forums somewhere (I can't remember where I saw it) that Emonga is real, just not the sprite, and I tend to believe him.

I just saw some speculation from some commenters, so I'm glad to hear Serebii confirming that.

Judgmental Arceus
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I hope Emonga isn't fake, because even though it looks like a Pachirisu clone, it's still cute and I want one for the novelty of it XD.

Tabunne is adorable as hell and I DO WANT.

Basurao scares me ;_;...

Does it sound to anyone else like maybe Illusion is sort of a built in, first-turn Sub of some kind? The way that was worded makes it sound like non-damaging moves might be blocked and that at least the first attack might be blocked.

OR...perhaps when Zorua is sent out, it's sent in the form of your second Pokemon instead of as a Zorua, so your opponent doesn't know until they attack that it's actually a Zorua (or you use a move that the Mon it's disgused as can't learn lol).

Either way it seems like it might be a useful Ability. It gives you a chance to set up, and if you're disguised as a Fighting Mon and a foe uses some Psychic attack on you, it'll be like "LOL EPIC FAIL!" XD.

Which gives me an idea for competative battling: Catch a Zorua/Zoroark, name it Toxicroak while having an actual Toxicroak second in the party, and see how many times the enemy uses Psychic attacks! XD

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
The new Officer Jenny looks weird! I like the new Nurse Joy though xD

After showing the new Joy and Jenny, the trailer revealed a new character named Shooti. He is a Pokemon Trainer who is taking part in the Isshu League and also doubles as a Pokemon photographer. It is unknown what his role in the story will be, though "rival" might be a good guess.
This excites me because I really want a Snap sequel xD But it probably won't happen...

Judgmental Arceus
08-22-2010, 02:32 AM
So there was a new pokémon revealed named Yannapu that is the Grass Monkey pokémon and therefore a Grass-type. It knows the move Acrobat that allows the pokémon in triple battles to attack the pokémon furthest from it. The bush-like patch on its head kinda gives it the appearance of brocoli.

Dog of Hellsing
08-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Random tidbit!

So I was messing around on GameStop's website and, just for the lulz, typed in Pokemon Black. Much to my surprise a hit came up offering to pre-order! I'm PRETTY sure it's not for the Japanese version, either, but since it doesn't say, maybe it is.

If it IS for the American version, though, I have to say that it's epic-freaking-win that people can pre-order it before the American release date is even announced.

I'm trying to get a DSi on the 3rd when I get paid, and the next paycheck after I think I'll stop in a GameStop and see if that pre-ordering option is for the American version, and if so, I'll probably do it. I'm thinking of securing Black first, and then if I have some extra money in the next few months, then pre-ordering White as well.

EDIT: New font whewt!

Shiny Trainer
08-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Random tidbit!

So I was messing around on GameStop's website and, just for the lulz, typed in Pokemon Black. Much to my surprise a hit came up offering to pre-order! I'm PRETTY sure it's not for the Japanese version, either, but since it doesn't say, maybe it is.

If it IS for the American version, though, I have to say that it's epic-freaking-win that people can pre-order it before the American release date is even announced.

I'm trying to get a DSi on the 3rd when I get paid, and the next paycheck after I think I'll stop in a GameStop and see if that pre-ordering option is for the American version, and if so, I'll probably do it. I'm thinking of securing Black first, and then if I have some extra money in the next few months, then pre-ordering White as well.

EDIT: New font whewt!

yeh i saw that a few weeks ago. its fer the american version. (u cant get games from other countries on there) online they have announced games that u can reserve wether they hav a release date or not. i doubt they have it for in-store orders yet tho. it needs to b announced at some big event first (gamescom,pax,comicon,e3, etc.) but it is pretty sick tho =] lemme kno if u can reserve yet tho. i wanna do that asap. n the games hav preorder bonuses too. some weirdo keychains with zekrom or reshirams face on it. n when u press a button on it it plays its cry :wink: sounds pretty awesome to me, although we probably wont get those here :dazed::oops::sad: hopefully ill get one with my white version i ordered off playasia :biggrin:

White_Rabbit
08-27-2010, 01:43 AM
yeh i saw that a few weeks ago. its fer the american version. (u cant get games from other countries on there) online they have announced games that u can reserve wether they hav a release date or not. i doubt they have it for in-store orders yet tho. it needs to b announced at some big event first (gamescom,pax,comicon,e3, etc.) but it is pretty sick tho =] lemme kno if u can reserve yet tho. i wanna do that asap. n the games hav preorder bonuses too. some weirdo keychains with zekrom or reshirams face on it. n when u press a button on it it plays its cry :wink: sounds pretty awesome to me, although we probably wont get those here :dazed::oops::sad: hopefully ill get one with my white version i ordered off playasia :biggrin:
i'm definitly pre-ordering. XD

Black Label
08-27-2010, 01:51 PM
i'm definitly pre-ordering. XD

I'm not into pre-ording Pokemon Games. xD I'd feel like such a nerd.

Thats why I walk in, grab the copy of said Pokemon game, walk up to the counter, and gtfo as fast as possible.

Y2kPikachu12
08-28-2010, 03:20 AM

Thats why I walk in, grab the copy of said Pokemon game, walk up to the counter, and gtfo as fast as possible.

What this guy up here said.

Compound Pain
08-28-2010, 04:53 PM
What do you guys think of Ash's new kit?

Elrond
08-28-2010, 05:08 PM

I'm pretty sure most GameStop workers are just as nerdy as all of us. Every time I've ever pre-ordered a Pokemon game from there, the clerk has been just as excited as I was about the game. When I actually went and bought my HeartGold, the cashier had a DS and was playing HG when there wasn't anybody in line. xD

Compound Pain
08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure most GameStop workers are just as nerdy as all of us. Every time I've ever pre-ordered a Pokemon game from there, the clerk has been just as excited as I was about the game. When I actually went and bought my HeartGold, the cashier had a DS and was playing HG when there wasn't anybody in line. xD

LOL , i never pre order i just by the game straight after i think i have enough information about the game and ofcourse if i like it.

GreyScale
08-28-2010, 05:38 PM
do you getting anything extra for preordering blak or white?

Compound Pain
08-28-2010, 05:41 PM
do you getting anything extra for preordering blak or white?

I'm not really sure because for some things you get extra EG . when i pre ordered modern warfare2 i got the night vision glasses with it but that only some things.

GreyScale
08-28-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm not really sure because for some things you get extra EG . when i pre ordered modern warfare2 i got the night vision glasses with it but that only some things.

i know i got them aswell, the blacksops is 130 and comes with a rc car with a camera :) but i wonder what BW will ?

Compound Pain
08-28-2010, 06:02 PM
i know i got them aswell, the blacksops is 130 and comes with a rc car with a camera :) but i wonder what BW will ?

Just wait and see brother just wait and see.

Llama Commando
08-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Am I the only one who's pissed that Gear even exists? I mean... it's a gear haha. :goofy: Come on Gamefreak, step your game up.

Compound Pain
08-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Have you guys heard of the battle subway thats just awesome.

Y2kPikachu12
08-29-2010, 01:45 PM

Technically, those extras for MW2 and Black Ops are collectors editions, and In my memory Pokemon games haven't really had that, only small pre-order bonuses so I doubt much more will come about with that besides a small statue or a stylus or something.

Am I the only one who's pissed that Gear even exists? I mean... it's a gear haha. :goofy: Come on Gamefreak, step your game up.

Well, first yeah that's kinda old, but i'm not a fan of it either. The name is just so unoriginal.

Have you guys heard of the battle subway thats just awesome.

Didn't wanna pass over you, so yeah i've seen it, looks cool.

Compound Pain
08-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I was thinking like the subway shop that you eat and people battle you but it's not.

Wingull
09-01-2010, 05:04 AM
New footage of Pokemon B/W. Be warned though, it reveals a lot of new locations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGvlT69B8M

SLC
09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Gawd, anyone seen the possible starter evos? They're spoilered on the top post on Serebii, so you can see them.

I'm telling you that if they're real, I'm definitely taking the fire starter.

Probably gonna take him anyway, looking at the other choices ._________.

Master Groudon
09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Gawd, anyone seen the possible starter evos? They're spoilered on the top post on Serebii, so you can see them.

I'm telling you that if they're real, I'm definitely taking the fire starter.

Probably gonna take him anyway, looking at the other choices ._________.

I dont know but im picking the fire starter. he looks cool....

Elrond
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Tsutarja's (possible) final evo is SO BAMF. I really hope these are real, although I realize the possibility is pretty low.

SLC
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Tsutarja's (possible) final evo is SO BAMF. I really hope these are real, although I realize the possibility is pretty low.

Well, these were from the same place the professors name and Team Plasma originally came from, so I kinda believe it.

-Pichu Boy-
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Idk, they look pretty legit to me. The final evos all seem to follow a Greek mythology-sort-of trend, and the second stages match the ones shown in the beta artwork (I don't know whether that was legit, but it matched the flying fuzzball thing, so I wouldn't count it out)

I like the grass-starter :3

3m0d0ll
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Smugleaf's final evo looks like someone took green spray paint to Milotic?
Any way, I haven't picked the grass starter since Kanto. 1- Rock then Water Gym. 2- HE'S SO FRIGGEN CUTE!!! Looking at the final evolution, I now remember why.
I'm still probably gonna get Wotter, though. I liek water types :D

Dog of Hellsing
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Taja's final evo is epic, and it's funny because at BMG we've been discussing whether it would turn out to be Grass/Dragon typed or, at the very least, evolve into a Dragon-looking Mon. One of the possible designs was a Quetzalcoatl, and that's what the third stage looks based off, or maybe a basilisk, which was another choice.

Miju's final evo looks much cooler than its basic form, but I was really hoping for something more like a ninja otter or something XD.

And there were people on BMG commenting about whether Pokabu would go bipedal or not...

I know I'm talking as if this were confirmed, so don't mind me XD.

Judgmental Arceus
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
If those are the evolutions, I'm now taking Mijumaru when the third game comes around.

Operative
09-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the 3rd evos, honestly. Pokabu's 1st evo was never confirmed, either right?

I really hope these aren't real. I will say that I do like the look of Wotters 2nd evo, but not as an evolution of it. As a separate evo-line. :c

Disco
09-01-2010, 10:32 PM
We all lost- it's apparantly fake, according to the last time I checked Serebii.
Dem haters. I love Mijumaru IN ALL ITS ENTITY.

:3

dimondgirlofthefuture
09-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I know this has been asked somewhere already, maybe not in this thread, but possibly somewhere else. What is your favorite generation v. Pokemon? I know there are haterzz out there but, I like Gochizeru it reminds me of a model for some reason. And I'm stumped on which starter I should choose. I want Tsutaraja cuz of it's final evo, but Mijumaru is cute. >.< aaaagh!!

EDIT: Idk if this is a real Gen. V Mon or not http://picsdigger.com/image/72b2dc3b/

Judgmental Arceus
09-02-2010, 04:45 AM
I know this has been asked somewhere already, maybe not in this thread, but possibly somewhere else. What is your favorite generation v. Pokemon? I know there are haterzz out there but, I like Gochizeru it reminds me of a model for some reason. And I'm stumped on which starter I should choose. I want Tsutaraja cuz of it's final evo, but Mijumaru is cute. >.< aaaagh!!

EDIT: Idk if this is a real Gen. V Mon or not http://picsdigger.com/image/72b2dc3b/

Favorite Gen 5 pokémon so far: Wooguru
The final evo for tsutaraja is confirmed fake.
The picture appears as possibly fake due to the fact that Serebii has confirmed nothing about that pokémon in that image.

Disco
09-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, I checked Serebii today. Apparantly those images of the starter evolutions really is real.
Mijumaru just got awesomer.

3m0d0ll
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, I checked Serebii today. Apparantly those images of the starter evolutions really is real.

There's a chance that they're real and still a slim chance that they are still fake. But they look pretty legit to me.

TehSandstorm
09-04-2010, 11:29 PM

What? NO. The pig's evos are butt ugly. It looks like they just changed into random things, there's no real concept at all.

Someone one another site said something, and I couldn't say it better myself:

Mijumaru:
otter - otter - GIANT SEEL NARWHAL
Miju 1+2 use their shells as weapons to use the move shell blade. How is that monster going to use shell blade?
No white on the main body, tuft of fur is drawn as a spike here, not a tuft of fur. drastic color changes, bipedal to quad.
Unrealistic to the move pools.
Paddle tail in 1 & 2 becomes 3-pronged tail
paws replaced with flippers.
Shells morph into unrecognizable arm shells and head 'conk'
Color changes severe and unrealistic also
Whiskers become giant and unwieldy.
Miju3 loses it's 'clothing' article
Pokabu:
the yellow streak on its nose jumps from his face to his chest
The red-orange ball turns into a fluffy and then spikey black thing.
Egg shaped body lacks snout
Quad to bipedal
Tsuta:
back spikes from Tsuta2 have vanished, replaced by bizarre tail
Yellow collar turns green, simplistic lower/upper color divide becomes warped, tan coloration vanishes, all colors replaced besides yellow
Unrealistic to move pools

Bottom line. They are fake. Some talented artist took the line art from the beta art, colored it in a way that, for Tsuta is believable however for Mijumaru is very unlikely. The final forms, while they are nice artwork, are not believable starter evolutions.

The amount of arguing about this is ridiculous. If Joe had not claimed their likeliness via his source, it is likely this would have ended quite some time ago. The fact that they are fake is obvious. I do not understand how Joe has let the facts gone by and continued to allow people to think these are real. His eyes have either clouded or he is pulling one over on everyone.

Poltergeist
09-05-2010, 02:31 AM
The grass starter's final evo looks alright, but the rest look pretty blah to me.

Lan.exe
09-05-2010, 05:04 AM
You know, most of these aren't that bad looking. I hope that gear Pokemon turns out decent, looks kinda cool.

Compound Pain
09-05-2010, 05:47 AM
All of them they look cool espacially the water type but grass one is just pwnage am i right?

dimondgirlofthefuture
09-05-2010, 01:29 PM
They have the Aipom of the region... well the Aipoms.
From Serebii:
A new image has just leaked onto 2ch from as a yet unknown publication which features a new monkey Pokemon. This monkey is a similar monkey to Yanappu and is blue. According to the poster on 2ch, the monkeys form a trio of Pokemon called Yanappu, which we know is grass, Hiyappu, which is water, and Baoppu, which is of the fire-type. We're unsure as to whether they have any pure differences but we'll bring more on this as and when it comes.

So it sounds like we got ourselves a new monkey trio... :o

Compound Pain
09-05-2010, 01:40 PM
As legends or as a normal ?

dimondgirlofthefuture
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Normal I guess, it didn't really say. I'm guessing they all look similar to this one, but with different things upon their heads. But here is a picture of Yanappu:

http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/w/i/pokemon/thumb/2/26/Yanappu.png/200px-Yanappu.png

Edit: I may have also found Koromori's evo; but I could be wrong. I've been wrong in the past.

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/koromori_evo.jpg

If that is it's evo, then I'm so gonna catch it! :D

Compound Pain
09-05-2010, 03:51 PM
If that is it's evo then i will also catch it.

Groudon_fan
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I'll tell you why these evos are not real. I'll use some nicknames here.

Smugleaf

EVO 1:
Probably the most belivable thing here.

EVO 2:
Changes color a bit too much, loses 'spikes'.
Compare it to Milotic and Dragonair.

Piglit

EVO 1:
Reasons mentioned in previous posts; compare to Lickily and Clefable.

EVO 2:
Compare to Rhyperior and Magmortar, and reasons from earlier in this thread.

Wotter

EVO 1:
Changes color a bit too much.

EVO 2:
GOES FROM BIPED TO QUADRIPED, Compare to Dialga and Salemance.

NTT
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Water type: Very cool
Grass type: Very cool
Fire type: Very retarded

I got a bit excited when I saw the fire type starter was a pig. I was hoping for a really cool boar of some description. Instead we got some weird bipedal thing with it's head on fire. Not to mention the middle form looks more like an obese bunny rabbit.

But yeah, I'm liking the grass type a lot. Koromori's evolution also looks quite cool.

scubasteveE
09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Water type: Very cool
Grass type: Very cool
Fire type: Very retarded

I got a bit excited when I saw the fire type starter was a pig. I was hoping for a really cool boar of some description. Instead we got some weird bipedal thing with it's head on fire. Not to mention the middle form looks more like an obese bunny rabbit.

But yeah, I'm liking the grass type a lot. Koromori's evolution also looks quite cool.
Uh where did you see koromori's evo?

Edit: Nevermind, it was on the last page.

Elrond
09-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Koromori's evo was fake guys. Even though it did look pretty schweet.

Also, I love the alleged starter evos. All of them. So :P

CkVertigo
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
guys, that Koromori evolution was confirmed fake a little while ago. it is pretty adorable though and I wish it was real. <3

About those "evolutions" I'm not really sure what to think of them, but I'm calling fake until further notice. (there's quite a bit of evidence against them, plus some guy came out and supposedly confessed he created them). if they're real, I'll eat my hat l:
Tsutarja's evolutions look the best and most believable out of the three imo. From that design sheet with Iris and Dento that was leaked a while ago, the middle evolution IS real.
for Pokabu. whaaaat happened here. the little dude I was considering picking turns into a fat bipedal wrestler pig then an even bigger one with Infernape like designs and fire bursting on its neck. ok. it better not be another fire/fight type if it's legit.
Mijumaru = white snowman otter that evolves into a blue otter that evolves into a narwhal-unicorn horse thing. I mean it would be pretty cool if the thing was in a different family, but uhm, it doesn't really make much sense to me. until it's confirmed, I'm calling this Narlwotter.

tl;dr: I'm crossing my fingers that they're indeed fakes. the final evolutions look too awkward to me, and plus they almost look like heavily edited versions of already existing 'mons. (Pokabu's to Rhyhyperior, Tsutarjas to Milotic/Dragonair, Miju's to Dialga.)

ck

Elrond
09-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Mijumaru = white snowman otter that evolves into a blue otter that evolves into a narwhal-unicorn horse thing. I mean it would be pretty cool if the thing was in a different family, but uhm, it doesn't really make much sense to me. until it's confirmed, I'm calling this Narlwotter.

The giant otter sez hai! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_otter)

Seriously, people need to stop calling it a f*king narwhal unicorn. It looks like an otter. Mijumaru and evolution are bipedal, which actually makes them less like otters than their evo. And there are a crapload of similarities between the prevos and the third form. The general color scheme (blue), the whiskers grow with each evo, the shell theme. They're all pretty clearly otters, and if you can't see that, you have issues. So yeah. It's probably my favorite of the three, real or fake.

Sixto
09-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Yep, I was going to pick Mijumaru to begin with anyway. Whilst other people made fun of it. Who's laughing now!? :p

Wingull
09-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Guys! There is a huge possibility that the evolutions might be fake! (Thank god)

The faker forgot to erase his/her filthy work. Here's proof.

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/1283735695350.jpg/

This small assumption was made by a fellow known anon. Not me.

Disco
09-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Lol, to be honest, I'm not worried about it. If the third Mijumaru evo was fake, I'd dig it. If it was real, I'd dig it.
Mijumaru is just a badass, so. ; 3 ; He's definitely the one who'll be at my side. Right here. My side.

Sixto
09-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Guys! There is a huge possibility that the evolutions might be fake! (Thank god)

The faker forgot to erase his/her filthy work. Here's proof.

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/1283735695350.jpg/

This small assumption was made by a fellow known anon. Not me.
We'll find out come September 18... or sooner.

EDIT: Aww, I enlarged the picture and it seems I wasn't the only one to come up with the Wotter as an English name for Mijumaru. :(

dimondgirlofthefuture
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
We'll find out come September 18... or sooner.

EDIT: Aww, I enlarged the picture and it seems I wasn't the only one to come up with the Wotter as an English name for Mijumaru. :(

Haha, it's ok, w have all had those type of moments every so often. And, now, I think for sure I'm gonna go with Mijumaru, I mean, look at its final evo. It's totally B.A. That thing looks like a legendary itself.... At least, I think so :D

Rampardos_Fan
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
The Water type seems to improve as it evolves, starting out awkward and eventually looking powerful. The story behind how the Grass type loses its ability to walk and begins to slither should be interesting. As for my former favourite, I'm a bit disappointed by the Fire type's final evolution. Hopefully it will make up for it in stats and maybe, just maybe, they have avoided going for another Fire/Fighting this time around.

Black Label
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/859/1283631058592.png

Just going to leave this here for you guys.

Disco
09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
That Koromori evo looks right up my alley. Catching one instantly pls.

Dog of Hellsing
09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Hurr, random note about pre-ordering:

SO I went to GameStop get a DS and SoulSilver Saturday, and I asked the clerk about pre-ordering BW and if it was just an online option. He said they could do it in-store.

So, GameStop is officially freaking awesome for allowing such early pre-orders of BW to be placed. I honestly didn't expect to be able to pre-order either online or in-store until early next year, like January or February.

Also, that Koromori evo isn't up my alley, so I'm glad it's fake. Really though, I probably won't bother with one unless the evo is badass anyways, so it doesn't really matter lol.

Disco
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
W-What. It's fake?
ngh. ; A ;

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Sixto
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
W-What. It's fake?
ngh. ; A ;

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Where'd you see that?

Disco
09-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Also, that Koromori evo isn't up my alley, so I'm glad it's fake. Really though, I probably won't bother with one unless the evo is badass anyways, so it doesn't really matter lol.

K-Kid best be lyin'. ; A ;

dimondgirlofthefuture
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Rawr, that really sucks! I wanted that to be Koromori's evo! ;~;

Edit: I also heard that there will be a new cat for this region, like Meowth for Kanto, Skitty for Hoenn, & Glameow for Sinnoh. It's supposed to be purple.. I guess? I dunno, but if its a good Mon then I'll catch it!

Edit... again: So I THINK I may have found Kibago's evo, if you look at Ononokusu's face close up on Bulbapedia, they have a close up pic, it also has a thing in it's mouth like how Kibago has a tusk-like thing. Except insteak of a tusk, it's a blade! :O
One last Edit: I found something that reminds me of a Pachi-pre evo. I know it's fake but still! Look at it! >.<
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/i/2010/144/f/9/Pachirisu_Pre_Evolution_by_PokeFaktory.jpg

Charmander009
09-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Well, guess what? According to bulbapedia, we only have ten days before Black and White comes out in Japan! :D Then, we can get a good taste of what new mons they're gonna throw at us ^^

And we can be certain about those evos ^^'

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm not sure if I want the evos to be real xD

Tsutaja's is pretty cool, but I was hoping it'd wouldn't actually be a snake. Then again, it is a "grass snake Pokemon" so expected that anyway. I like the middle evo (seems to be a running theme for me xD) so I probably won't evolve it past that. =)

Mijumaru's final evo looks completely out of place, but by itself, I think it looks the coolest out of the three.

Don't like Pokabu's middle evo. The final one's okay. I think it's just that goofy face that bugs me. xD

It's so exciting that the games are going to be released soon. I think I might stop checking news when they are, though. I'd like the rest of the Pokemon to be surprises. Gotta have something interesting to look forward to when they're finally released out here. xD