PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Lord Celebi
04-09-2010, 03:54 AM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

The Generation 5 is going to be called Black and White. Wonder what they'll call the third version? Brown?

Poring
04-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Dammit rust, I saw this on /v/ and just came here to post it.

Operative
04-09-2010, 03:59 AM

The Generation 5 is going to be called Black and White. Wonder what they'll call the third version? Brown?

Sepia? Neutral? Greytone?

BAD NAMES.

Hopefully some good Pokemon will make up for the bad choice in names. :/

Lord Celebi
04-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Dammit rust, I saw this on /v/ and just came here to post it.
Twitter seems to be quicker. ;)

Judgmental Arceus
04-09-2010, 04:01 AM

Wonder what they'll call the third version? Brown?

Probably Grey. It still fits the theme of the two games as grey is the color between of black and white. Of course one can assume that the game mascot legendaries must be black, white, and grey (if the game is called Grey).

Vanity
04-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Black and White are the names that should have been used in second gen, I think.

It's due anyways, black and white - red and blue? Are they trying to bring it back to red and blue (not the kanto region, I mean the style.)

Lord Celebi
04-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Probably Gray. It still fits the theme of the two games as gray is the cross of black and white. Of course one can assume that the game mascot legendaries must be black, white, and gray (if the game is called Gray).

I thought of that after I posted that. >_>

Operative
04-09-2010, 04:06 AM
I get what Vanity's saying, actually. Bringing the title's back to colours and out of gemstones.

If they are doing that, then what'll they have next? Orange, Green and Purple?

Hopefully they'll only be doing this for this Generation and they'll go back to stones.

Lord Celebi
04-09-2010, 04:07 AM
I get what Vanity's saying, actually. Bringing the title's back to colours and out of gemstones.

Hopefully they'll only be doing this for this Generation and they'll go back to stones.
They've done Green already. :P

Vanity
04-09-2010, 04:09 AM

I can't wait to see more to come.

I hope they grab original concepts and just make them insanely good.

Customizable characters, complex gyms, more of an after adventure, insane legendary ingame events.

Operative
04-09-2010, 04:12 AM
They've done Green already. :P

Fine, Pink. (But you get the idea. xD)

I probably won't be getting it, seeing as I don't have a DS and don't have any interest in buying a new one since I'm saving up for a PS3, but I'm pretty sure a friend or two will pick the game(s) up and I'll borrow it for quite some time. Hopefully this will live up to expectations.

Mr420
04-09-2010, 04:13 AM
I like it. It kinda draws away form everything but still hints to pokemon origins.

Vanity
04-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I hope the new legendaries are related to something new - Like mythical gods and stuff. The whole region should relate to mythology, dragons, gods, heroes and villians that all appeared in folktale should have a pokemon counterpart.
i.e. Zeus is a legendary pokemon.

Judgmental Arceus
04-09-2010, 04:25 AM
I hope the new legendaries are related to something new - Like mythical gods and stuff. The whole region should relate to mythology, dragons, gods, heroes and villians that all appeared in folktale should have a pokemon counterpart.
i.e. Zeus is a legendary pokemon.

Though I will be honest that that would be nice, I think that Arceus is supposed to be the counterpart of Zeus as it is the King of the Gods of Space, Time, and Antimatter and knows Judgment (though not really a counterpart of Zeus's Lightning Bolts; however Thunder seems to fit the parallel). Dusclops is possibly a minor parallel to the Cyclops and Rayquaza can be considered a parallel to a Chinese mythical dragon (well in a vague sense) as where dragons shoot flame, Rayquaza shoots Hyper Beams.

Professor Geoffrey
04-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Wow, I just wrote a lengthy article to post on PE2K, I post it, five minutes later to realize somebody else beat me to the punch. xP

I'm very interested in the contents of these games. When the games come out next year, I doubt I'll get both, especially with the economy being what it is and my mom switching jobs again, but I'll try.

If it's Black and White, it's possible the third color could be Gray as opposed to Brown.

@arcemegus and Vanity: arcemegus is right; Arceus is very comparable to Zeus, especially with the judgement move, although I prefer to compare him to Elder Eros (http://www.theoi.com/Protogenos/Eros.html).

I want to see the return of the Pokéwalker to Pokémon Black and White. I love walking with my Lapras... which reminds me.

If they make a Lapras evolution, Geoffrey will wreck absolute havoc. @____@

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Odd, odd names. I think they could have picked something better...

But I am liking the return to basic colours, sorta like a reference to Red, Blue and Yellow.

It was time they stopped using the names of gems/stones anyway.

Jack of Clovers
04-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Box art has legendaries based on the colors. So....

Prediction time: Yin Yang legendaries.

~Jack~

The Amazing Ninja Kirby
04-09-2010, 05:26 AM
I swear to God, if they add 6-10 legendaries/ubers I will not buy this game. And how about evolutions (NOT PRE-EVOLUTIONS) to useless Pokés like Delibird?

Black Label
04-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Crap. Now I'm gunna have to buy whatever color the GameStop cashier is? D:

But really, Black and White were terrible choices for game names. With all the other stones/colors, why Black and White?

scubasteveE
04-09-2010, 05:34 AM

~Jack~
Crap you beat me to it >_>. You're too fast for me jack.
I swear to God, if they add 6-10 legendaries/ubers I will not buy this game. And how about evolutions (NOT PRE-EVOLUTIONS) to useless Pokés like Delibird?
yes we know that everyone's going to hate if it has a billion legends. Really people it's getting old fast.

But I'm really excited now. I'm getting black first, because black = dark pokemon > everything else.

Masami
04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
You never know, it could be Pokemon Light and Pokemon Darkness?

Pokemon Onyx?

It could be anything ;) lol.

Poring
04-09-2010, 05:36 AM
You never know, it could be Pokemon Light and Pokemon Darkness?

Pokemon Onyx?

It could be anything ;) lol.

Nope. The titles on the page already translate to "burakku" and "howaito."

Masami
04-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Damn, I was so close.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
You never know, they could change the names a bit when they release it outside Japan.

Masami
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
You never know, they could change the names a bit when they release it outside Japan.

You should be on MSN, or AIM. But MSN is better.
Asin, Login.

Personally, I think Black and White arent too bad, theyre just the names, doesn't make any real differance.

And for the idiots saying Green doesn't exist.

Green = What Red was, but in Japan.

scubasteveE
04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
You should be on MSN, or AIM. But MSN is better.
Asin, Login.

Personally, I think Black and White arent too bad, theyre just the names, doesn't make any real differance.

And for the idiots saying Green doesn't exist.

Well actually it goes like this red and are are to what gold and silver is. blue is to what crystal is. I think the reason why they never realized green in america is because blue was already out in japan. So america did the america thing and picked red and blue xD

Poltergeist
04-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one really liking these new names? I love that we return to normal colors, (Though science would beg to differ about whether black and white are even colors at all.), and move past the gemstones, (Was anyone looking forward to Pokemon Topaz?) I cant wait to see if we will somehow manage to get some new pokemon this week as well!

Professor Geoffrey
04-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one really liking these new names? I love that we return to normal colors, (Though science would beg to differ about whether black and white are even colors at all.), and move past the gemstones, (Was anyone looking forward to Pokemon Topaz?) I cant wait to see if we will somehow manage to get some new pokemon this week as well!

I like Black and White as names. I just find it slightly strange... oh and yes, I was looking forward to Topaz, but it never happened. Will it, ever?

Flan
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one really liking these new names?

Nah, you're not the only one. I just hope NoA doesn't get all PC on these games and change the titles. That would be incredibly embarrassing.
Oh, and does anyone see a future filled with racist jokes? :/

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Nah, you're not the only one. I just hope NoA doesn't get all PC on these games and change the titles. That would be incredibly embarrassing.
Oh, and does anyone see a future filled with racist jokes? :/
Haha, yeah, that's what I was thinking. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for light/darkness instead or something.

Metallic Houndoom
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe the third game will be called Pokemon Half-cast XD

Vanity
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Maybe the third game will be called Pokemon Half-cast XD

Dayum, xD.

Stardy
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.wallpaperandborders.co.uk/wallpaper-shop/images/categories/newcastle%20badge.jpg
WEARING THE COLORS WITH PRIDE
TOON TOON BLACK AND WHITE ARMY
TOON TOON BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

I'm happy with the names. Third name will probably be Gray. Who cares though. I'm getting both.

Phantasm.Angel
04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
black and white?
well, there goes the franchise

-Pichu Boy-
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Blue, actually.

Tbh, I think Nintendo know what they're doing with the names. After Jynx, they'd be quite stupid to do something that could cause another racist outurst.

Besides, I quite like them :P

Flan
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh, and I just had to do it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0

Celebratory song. :} I wonder what the third game would be titled. Grey seems a tad boring and not at all exciting, so I'm not sure if they would do that. Then again, I might be just basing it off of the fact that grey is already a boring color. :P

ShionRasenka
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I think Black and White are fine names. I'm glad they're going back to colors and getting away from gemstones for two gens. I think for 6th Gen they should go back to metals, like HG/SS. And after that something new entirely, like Sunrise/Sunset or something.

I'm so excited about these games!! I can't wait to see what the region will be like, what the new pokemon will be, and everything else. I know it's been discussed before and some of you have just said in here, but since this thread is for these games specifically, what are all you guys hoping for in this gen? Discuss.

I myself am hoping to see several new evos and prevos for already existing pokemon (LAPRAS prevo especially). I would also like a more in-depth plot/story. I'm also hoping for more DECENT pokemon, especially Ghost-, Psychic-, Fire-, and Dark-types. I'd like to see some character customization. Nothing extremely difficult, just several hair/eye styles/colors, and several sets of clothes, shoes and accessories you can mix/match. I'd also like to see the Pokewalker make a return with these games.

Disco
04-09-2010, 07:17 PM
JUST LIKE PBR...
We should be able to customise our characters to an extent. . u . Because the thought would be EPIC.
And you know, Black/White sounds good to me. o|3|o Nintendo could've been immensely cheesy and, I dunno, named the games 'EBONY' and 'IVORY'?
Living in perfect harmony!~

Also, I'm hoping for some evolutions/pre-evolutions of some useless pokemon. :3 Nothing would make my day, rather than a giant submarine turbo-bazooka Mantine evolution. * o *

Ridley
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I predict that this game will be a letdown.

Tombi
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Are you joking.

So we went from Red and Blue to friggin' Diamond and Pearl and Platinum, and then suddenly there's a massive downgrade to Black and White? I mean sure, it's hard to think of anything that can be seen as 'better' than diamonds and platinum, but still...

Lord Fedora
04-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Are you joking.

So we went from Red and Blue to friggin' Diamond and Pearl and Platinum, and then suddenly there's a massive downgrade to Black and White? I mean sure, it's hard to think of anything that can be seen as 'better' than diamonds and platinum, but still...
I think the idea is that they're actually going with a theme this time around. Hey, maybe we'll see some actual discernable differences like in Ruby and Sapphire, only, you know, more.

NikoBelic999
04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Pokemon Black and White would be the WORST and MOST FAILING of all games in history. It wouldn't sell at all, and the Producers of Pokemon would suffer a major blow to their money.

Professor Geoffrey
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
According to what we know so far, all of the regions we know about are part of a larger nation, and there is speculation that the fifth generation will be in another country. So, why not downgrade back to colors? Then Generation VI will be likely back to the metals, and so on and so forth. But this is only a guess.

Sixto
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Pokémon Hispanic! :x I'm Hispanic, so it's okay. :p

~Jack~
I like that idea!

Also, as for the new names, I'm really liking them! Simple yet awesome. Before it even comes out or before any visual references are released, I can already tell I will most likely buy Pokémon Black! I like the sound of that. :cool:

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Common sense would point to Grey.

I think Black and White is a cool theme. Very stripped down, back-to-basics style. The most simple and classic contrast of all time.

Speculation: since Black is commonly associated with darkness and White with light, and we have a Dark type, this could be the introduction of a Light type. A Dark type legendary for Black, a Light type legendary for White.

Jack Of Clovers' idea of yin/yang legendary Pokemon seems likely as well, although they may not work in harmony but could clash like Groudon and Kyogre, with a third legendary to balance the two (who will be the theme of the 3rd version).

It's possible that other Pokemon could also be part Light, like Mew or Arceus. The balance of types is pretty solid, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

Sixto
04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Common sense would point to Grey.

I think Black and White is a cool theme. Very stripped down, back-to-basics style. The most simple and classic contrast of all time.

Speculation: since Black is commonly associated with darkness and White with light, and we have a Dark type, this could be the introduction of a Light type. A Dark type legendary for Black, a Light type legendary for White.

Jack Of Clovers' idea of yin/yang legendary Pokemon seems likely as well, although they may not work in harmony but could clash like Groudon and Kyogre, with a third legendary to balance the two (who will be the theme of the 3rd version).

It's possible that other Pokemon could also be part Light, like Mew or Arceus. The balance of types is pretty solid, but a few more wouldn't hurt.
I really hope this happens. Can't tell you how long I've waited for Light type.

They way I thought it of is either Psychic > Light > Dark type triangle, or Light and Dark be super effective against each other. Because really, which wins?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM

They way I thought it of is either Psychic > Light > Dark type triangle, or Light and Dark be super effective against each other. Because really, which wins?

It could go:

Light beats Dark
Dark beats Psychic
Psychic beats Light

And since Dark is immune to Psychic:

Dark immune to Psychic
Psychic immune to Light
Light immune to Dark

Further more, as a trio that works in a complete strength/weakness circle, these could be the elements of the B/W starters, which would also work with Masuda's comments about B/W being "revolutionary" (Google translated; article here http://www.nintendoeverything.com/36621/).

Sixto
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
It could go:

Light beats Dark
Dark beats Psychic
Psychic beats Light

And since Dark is immune to Psychic:

Dark immune to Psychic
Psychic immune to Light
Light immune to Dark

Further more, as a trio that works in a complete strength/weakness circle, these could be the elements of the B/W starters, which would also work with Masuda's comments about B/W being "revolutionary" (Google translated; article here http://www.nintendoeverything.com/36621/).

Yep. I agree 100% That's exactly what I meant with my "Psychic > Light > Dark."

Reason I think Psychic would be strong over Light is because well, bending light.

Operative
04-09-2010, 09:19 PM

But then again, they could have only a Normal Type.

-Pichu Boy-
04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Something else I just thought of - maybe, since they seem to be bringing it 'back to basics' as everyone's saying, it could mean that their 'mascots' won't continue with the legendary theme. Red, Blue and Green had the Kanto starters as their mascots, so maybe 2 of the Gen. 5 starters could be the mascots for the new games.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Yep. I agree 100% That's exactly what I meant with my "Psychic > Light > Dark."

Reason I think Psychic would be strong over Light is because well, bending light.

Valid point, I agree.

And yeah, maybe B/W will be a return to the starters adorned on the box-art. Of course that will leave a difficult decision in deciding which of the three starters won't be featured. If you look at the history of the stateside Pokemon games, the third 1st gen game didn't feature Bulbasaur, but instead featured Pikachu. So in that regard they'll probably stick to showing the legendary Pokemon on the box-art.

Etymology
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Please, no Light types. The type chart is fine as it is at the moment.

gun6
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I would like to call attention to White's superiority. I know what I'm getting when they come out. :U

JentleViolence
04-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Black and White, dividing the world of Pokemon in a cool line...that's so bad. <33 I'm excited for the new region and Pokemon. I agree with what someone said about trainer customization at the beginning of the game, but I'm not too enthusiastic on the idea of a new Light type.

Judgmental Arceus
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Please, no Light types. The type chart is fine as it is at the moment.
I agree with this statement, though I woundn't mind if they make bug-types weak to poison-types again. After all, the Psychic-type isn't as powerful as it was in Generation I (thanks to the dark-type).

The Yin-Yang idea isn't half bad but if the third of the series happens to be Grey, then Yin-Yang wouldn't work as there is no Grey portion.

Ridley
04-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Pokemon Black and White would be the WORST and MOST FAILING of all games in history. It wouldn't sell at all, and the Producers of Pokemon would suffer a major blow to their money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1999_video_game)

I would like to introduce you to my old friend.

Mr420
04-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Maybe it woudn't be so bad if in this new (poke) world, region combined/added the use of both and all methods like Match Call & Vs Seeker.Why not.?
and better yet, be able to Pokeradar if need be. It woudln't hurt if Pokeblocks, Poffins, & Aprijuice all became incorporated into along with the newly Pokeathelon which I hope isnt restricted to HG/SS. right?

Moreover, Personally If anyone fears more TYPE/s added into the current game Im surpised. I actually look forward to any new additions TYPE wise, It WILL ultimately add a new found challenge to the game so new that It might feel like when I 1st played yellow, I didnt know squat about type advantage or disadvantage.. How noob. Trying a mix of your favorite type & add in a unkown type to your mix & wow. huh? now your battling.
^ & that is what being a true trainer is all about.

Grassy_Aggron
04-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Hmmm...Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Onyx, anyone? XD If they continue with the gem theme, that is.

A Light type...Obviously wouldn't be very effective on Grass or Fire types (Light doesn't affect fire - can even start one from the heat - and gives life to plants). Super effective against Water - evaporation. Same with Ice. Not effective on Steel (reflected back).

Dang. Maybe I should join Nintendo...XD

Interesting fact: Black, White, and Grey are not technically considered colors ;)

Pokemon_Ron
04-10-2010, 02:46 AM
At first I thought the names sounded dumb. But after thinking about it, they seem pretty nice. Nice and simple.

Poring
04-10-2010, 03:30 AM
I would like to call attention to White's superiority. I know what I'm getting when they come out. :U

So you're a Pokemon White supremacist?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 03:44 AM

Stop playing Pokemon and go walk in front of a train.

Pokemon_Ron
04-10-2010, 03:59 AM
I wonder if Pokemon Black will be anything like this:

Oh dang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOaEmjTe7jA)

Judgmental Arceus
04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
I wonder if Pokemon Black will be anything like this:

Oh dang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOaEmjTe7jA)

I already see the many anti-racism groups flocking at Gamestop.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 04:15 AM
I already see the many anti-racism groups flocking at Gamestop.

Why can't we all just be literal? Beige and brown people.

scubasteveE
04-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Y'all were talking about about maybe the starters would be featured on these games and I agree.
But were are saying the starters would be dark, psychic, or fighting(or possibly light). I can see white being associated with white so yeah. Then the third game would be called Pokemon Purple and will have the psychic starter on it.

Charmander009
04-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting this. I didn't think that a new game would come out this soon... or maybe time's flown to quickly for me. xD

Anywho, this new game intriques me. I think I like the titles, despite the surprise they gave me. If there's more Pokemon like Zoroark in it, then I'm good. :D

If there's one thing I hope doesn't pop up in these games, it's another Fire/fighting type. >,>' Dont' get me wrong, Blaziken and Infernape are cool in all, but having that repeated type combo kinda bugged me. But I cant' wait to see the starters. ^^ The Fire-type should be a cat-like creature this time, though. ^^

Dark Salamence
04-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Lol, back in grade four my friend and I made 'Pokemon Black & White' as our first fake region. xD I didn't have very good Fakemon back then.

I posted a video on Youtube years ago and people recently commented saying that they wanted to post it on a forum claiming that it was the new games.

The_Seventieth_Evil
04-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Pokemon Prism, for the light emphasis? Black light, White Light (gorillaz?)

I kinda laugh at the racism discussions elsewhere. Especially with 'the Black one' being more discussed.

Best find of all was the Mastadon/Tiger for legend comment/threads and how
Pokemon is now compared to Power Rangers.

Screw Team Edward! Join Team Tommy (White) or Team Trini (Black) today!

Stardy
04-10-2010, 09:03 AM

lol, overreaction much?

Screw Team Edward! Join Team Tommy (White) or Team Trini (Black) today!
Zack was the Black Ranger. Trini was Yellow. x:

Also, I'm tempted to make a joke about how the White Power Ranger is the best Power Ranger, buuuut I won't. Because it will probably lead to some racism discussion. x:

Still, like I said before, I really like these names. Simplistic and both colors are awesome.

Lord Fedora
04-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Images from CoroCoro have been leaked. Let us all proceed with the squeeing at the sexy new battle screen and utterly EPIC overworld 3D. Looking forward to Pokemon Sunday too.

gun6
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Images from CoroCoro have been leaked. Let us all proceed with the squeeing at the sexy new battle screen and utterly EPIC overworld 3D. Looking forward to Pokemon Sunday too.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But wait- why is the city overworld so dismal-looking in terms of color? :<

Lord Fedora
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But wait- why is the city overworld so dismal-looking in terms of color? :<
Maybe my dreams of a more mature Pokemon have come true and the world is oppressed by villains already?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM
The battle screen is awesome!

I don't actually like the more 3D style that much though :x I think DP/HGSS were 3D enough...

The skyscraper/city looks pretty cool. I kinda liked how the Pokemon world wasn't all built up. though I guess it was about time we saw something like this. Maybe these games are set more in inner city areas than out in the country like the other games seem to be. =)

Exciting anyway! I just hope the new Pokemon are decent.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-pokemon-center.gif
Does anyone else think the female trainer's hair looks kinda odd? xD

KantoBreeder
04-10-2010, 12:42 PM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-pokemon-center.gif
Does anyone else think the female trainer's hair looks kinda odd? xD

I think it looks good. If you look in the bottom-right corner its got what I think is the new Pokemart.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I think it looks good. If you look in the bottom-right corner its got what I think is the new Pokemart.
Really? It doesn't look like she has a beard? XD

I wonder if they're gonna get rid of PokeMarts completely and have them inside Centers or if that's just in a particular spot. Hmm...

Masami
04-10-2010, 12:48 PM
We gifured that, the mart is inside the pokemon centre.

Also, theres a small riddle in the scentence about to figure out.

Volcanflame
04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
It started with colors, might as well end up with colors o:

I'm liking the 3D effects, though.

-Volcan-

Tombi
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
too 3D too 3D I hate it I hate it eurgh what is this i don't even

/pessimist

I'll still buy it. Both, probably. As usual. BUT STILL. IT'S MEANT TO BE 2D OMG.

ShionRasenka
04-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I have to say, I'm very impresssed with the 3D graphics. They're quite good. I'm really excited about the Pokemon Sunday episode tonight!! And I'm really intrigued about the PokeMart being combined with the Pokemon Center. I'm wondering if it's really the PokeMart, or a different thing entirely?? Maybe we'll find out tonight. *shrugs*

Kers
04-10-2010, 02:14 PM
I think there's a couple some of you might not have seen before in here:
http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=pokemongenesis.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.files.wordpress.co m%2F2010%2F04%2Fcorocoro.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.wordpress.com%2F2 010%2F04%2F10%2Fcorocoro-leak-reveals-first-black-white-screens%2Fhttp://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=pokemongenesis.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.files.wordpress.co m%2F2010%2F04%2Fcorocoro-pokemon-black-white-zoroark-zorua-1.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.wordpress.com%2F2 010%2F04%2F10%2Fcorocoro-leak-reveals-first-black-white-screens%2Fhttp://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=pokemongenesis.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.files.wordpress.co m%2F2010%2F04%2Fcorocoro-pokemon-black-white-city.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.wordpress.com%2F2 010%2F04%2F10%2Fcorocoro-leak-reveals-first-black-white-screens%2Fhttp://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=pokemongenesis.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.files.wordpress.co m%2F2010%2F04%2Fcorocoro-pokemon-black-white.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemongenesis.wordpress.com%2F2 010%2F04%2F10%2Fcorocoro-leak-reveals-first-black-white-screens%2F

I really want to see what the starters are going to be. :o

PureGoober
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree with Tombi, I hate the 3D~!

But, still, I like the battle. The backround is cool.

Also, If the game is coming out this fall, the new pokemon have to be arriving shortly!

Kers
04-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Way better quality:http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-city.jpghttp://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-pokemon-center.jpg
This Is the starting town, along with a bridge and a cave:http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starting-town.jpghttp://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-zoroark-zorua.jpg

Sixto
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh yes! Full back Pokemon sprites!! And that skyscraper 3D looks noice!

PureGoober
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh yes! Full back Pokemon sprites!! And that skyscraper 3D looks noice!

I do like the full back, but the 3D might throw people off.

ShionRasenka
04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I do like the full back, but the 3D might throw people off.

I LOVE the full back sprites!! I'm SO glad they've finally decided to do them!! I don't know about the 3D throwing people off, but it will take getting used to. I like the new battle screen too, it looks so neat!! I like the city background too, it looks really neat!!

-Pichu Boy-
04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Eww. Please don't tell me that's a speech bubble tail coming from the Pokemon Centre shop guy D:

That'll get so annoying...

Kers
04-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Eww. Please don't tell me that's a speech bubble tail coming from the Pokemon Centre shop guy D:

That'll get so annoying...

The speech bubble looks just like the normal text window.. Just with a tail..

reluctantpokefreak95
04-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Maybe there will be trainers in the city's as well as on country routes. Also, in one of the pictures, the trainer is in a cave and wearing a different outfit, it looks like. Customization, finally?

Kers
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe there will be trainers in the city's as well as on country routes. Also, in one of the pictures, the trainer is in a cave and wearing a different outfit, it looks like. Customization, finally?

Same outft, brodog.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I think it looks very promising. NintendoEverything has some interesting things translated:

- Better graphics
- More 3D
- Change in the battle scene (ex: Shows entire back of Pokemon)
- HeartGold/SoulSilver Pokemon Center areas returning
- Ride a new type of vehicle
- Scans may hint at a car for transportation
- Shop in the Poke Center
- Characters seem to be speaking through speech bubbles
- More realistic towns
- “Evolution 3″

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/36842/

A car for transportation? Cool concept. Shop in the Pokecenter? Very handy. But the thing that gets me is "Evolution 3". Up until now, no Pokemon has had more than two consecutive evolutions. A 3rd evolution could really change everything. Everyone always imagined what a Charizard evolution would be like... Now it could actually be coming.

scubasteveE
04-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm loving the 3D graphics and definitely the back sprites. Only problem I have with 3D graphics is like in the city, I tend to get lost xD. So I'm hoping you can have the map out while running around.

Pokebeach.com has translated it and the only real important thing they say is that you will be able to drive/ride a new type of vehicle. Also if you look close at "nurse joy" it does not look like nurse joy. So I'm thinking this is going to take place in a different area then the past 4 regions.

Sixto
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I think it looks very promising. NintendoEverything has some interesting things translated:

A car for transportation? Cool concept. Shop in the Pokecenter? Very handy. But the thing that gets me is "Evolution 3". Up until now, no Pokemon has had more than two consecutive evolutions. A 3rd evolution could really change everything. Everyone always imagined what a Charizard evolution would be like... Now it could actually be coming.
I think 3 stages is enough. :x

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Pokebeach.com has translated it and the only real important thing they say is that you will be able to drive/ride a new type of vehicle

I reference to my post and would say that Evolution 3 is equally as or more important. My head is spinning with possibilities.

But the thing that gets me is "Evolution 3". Up until now, no Pokemon has had more than two consecutive evolutions. A 3rd evolution could really change everything. Everyone always imagined what a Charizard evolution would be like... Now it could actually be coming.

Don't get me wrong, I do to... But "Evolution 3" is so discreet yet so blatant that I can't help but let my imagination go crazy.

PerSempreTua
04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I'd be more excited to see yet more Pokemon games if I'd seen word of something truly new and innovative to the formula. Even multiplayer battles are getting stale and predictable...

NikoBelic999
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I WILL NOT buy Black and White, as the stupid name, probably a stupid game, and I HATE ZORUA...

Lord Fedora
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I WILL NOT buy Black and White, as the stupid name, probably a stupid game, and I HATE ZORUA...
Your pessimism is noted and ignored.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Your loss kid.

NikoBelic999
04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Your loss kid.
Im not wasting MY money on this stupid game, as it will probably fail worse than Pong (old game)...

So it is their loss.

Sieses
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Im not wasting MY money on this stupid game, as it will probably fail worse than Pong (old game)...

So it is their loss.
Now, if this was the "Are you going to buy Pokemon White and Black versions" thread then we may care if you are going to buy it or not. But it isn't and we don't.

Also, are you basing this on their names? If so you have obvously forgotten about Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow versions.

Edit: Anyway I want to see a Psychic/Dark/Fighting starter triangle.

Kers
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
If there will be a third evolution added to some pokemon, what about the pokemon that have no evolutions at all? I think a third evolution would be a bit over the top, but it could be interesting to see how they would make it fit into the game.

NikoBelic999
04-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Now, if this was the "Are you going to buy Pokemon White and Black versions" thread then we may care if you are going to buy it or not. But it isn't and we don't.

Also, are you basing this on their names? If so you have obvously forgotten about Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow versions.
Nah, They were ok, but I just dont like the first 2 Pokemon Announced, as they will fail, So I will take it as the others will suck as well.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 05:59 PM

So it is their loss.

You are either a decent troll, or you had a lobotomy when you were an infant.

If you think Pong was a fail, just stop playing video games and take up another hobby.

Back to Pokemon, please provide a non-juvenile reason why B/W will fail.

Stardy
04-10-2010, 06:00 PM
See, you're overreacting now.
OH MY GOODNESS, TWO TERRIBLE POKEMON
THIS GAME WILL BE A HUGE BOMB
NOBODY WILL GET IT
I WONT BECAUSE ALL THE OTHER POKEMON WILL SUCK BECAUSE OF THESE TWO

At least let more info come out on it before you make hasty judgements like that.

Sieses
04-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Nah, They were ok, but I just dont like the first 2 Pokemon Announced, as they will fail. So I will take it as the others will suck as well.
I actually liked Zorua (now Zoroark, not so much) and what you are saying is your opinion. Now, tell me on a non-biased point why they will be bad.

And onto speculation, I am hoping for a new light type and an Eeveelution of said type.

Giratina
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
If there will be a third evolution added to some pokemon, what about the pokemon that have no evolutions at all?

Some Pokémon just don't need evolutions. An evolutionary path is not necessary for a Pokémon to be good. Why do some people fail to remember this? A few of them, like Sneasel and Nosepass, did seem sort of small and undeveloped as a species and benefited from a larger and more adult form, but a lot of others - Stantler, Dunsparce, and Aerodactyl, for example - have just got such definitive designs that a new evolution just prompts the question, "Why?"

Also, Nico, okay. You are not getting Black/White. Congratulations. Have fun with your G5-shunning life.

Lord Fedora
04-10-2010, 06:06 PM

... excuse me while I erase your existence from my memory, you blasphemous SOB.

Kers
04-10-2010, 06:08 PM
... excuse me while I erase your existence from my memory, you blasphemous SOB.

Atleast mention something about the games, man. :o

Sixto
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I actually liked Zorua (now Zoroark, not so much) and what you are saying is your opinion. Now, tell me on a non-biased point why they will be bad.

And onto speculation, I am hoping for a new light type and an Eeveelution of said type.

Yes! I was kind of disappointed when Lumineon came out as that's the name I would've given a Light-type Eeveelution. Besides Light, Dragon-type Eeveelution as it is the only "Special" type from Generation 3 that didn't get one.

On another note, please no more arguing. 999 will not get the game and that's that. But please don't acknowledge it because it will bring negativity into the thread, as it's beginning to do.

Sonickid1234
04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
AHHH
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6177/corocorobw1k.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/i/corocorobw1k.jpg/)

info!!
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/24/CoroCoro_BW2.jpg

http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/first-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-pokemon-white-in-corocoro

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
On another note, please no more arguing. 999 will not get the game and that's that. But please don't acknowledge it because it will bring negativity into the thread, as it's beginning to do.

I apologize with the sincerity of a true bro.

AHHH
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6177/corocorobw1k.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/i/corocorobw1k.jpg/)

info!!
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/24/CoroCoro_BW2.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty cool eh? Hopefully the engine will still go through some tweaks.

Sonickid1234
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cool eh? Hopefully the engine will still go through some tweaks.

Idk how i feel about the new overworlds

Megiddo Flame
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
The Black Version mascot may represent the moon, or night, while the White Version mascot may represent the sun, or day. That's what I think, at least.

Masami
04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I like how you use the term mascot, perfectly describes my opinion on Legends.

Pokemon_Ron
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
My favorite picture so far was the city one. Pretty epic :3

Wingull
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I am definitely getting this game! The 3D is superb! I'm just hoping they're not showing the gameplay pictures through the Nintendo 3DS. It would certainly be a disappointment.

Tombi
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
a Charizard evolution

Please, don't make me weep any more.

Flan
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
- Better graphics
- More 3D
- More realistic towns
- “Evolution 3″

Everything. In. Bold. = OHGODNO for me. :|
I really don't like how they're making everything 3D. I felt like the small 3D touches in the DPPtHGSS overworld were enough, but I dunno now... It doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore.

Also, speech bubbles are pointless and in my opinion look ugly, but it's a minor thing that I'll probably get used to. Can't love everything about a game.

And lastly, three evolutions? Please no. I at least hope that they'll go to Pokemon that need another evo. More stages aren't really necessary.

Everything else, HELL YES. I love it. :}
And thinking about it, it'd be awesome if we could ride a motorcycle or something, rather than a car. A car is still cool though. I just wonder how that's going to work in-game.

Charmander009
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Wow, what a huge twist on these new games. 3D... Oh no! I feel nostolgia fighting against me. The games were always 2D... Dx Then again, I really enjoyed Colosseum. It might be cool if it ever gets that far on the hand-helds. ^^

Still, this might be way cool. But I hafta wonder if that will make it harder to control? The lighthouse part in HG/SS really threw me off. But as always, I'm optimistic! I hope the girl hero looks really tom-boy-ish. ;)

*has fingers crossed for an awesome Ghost eeveelution*

iSugar
04-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Black, White and Grey probably.
Look at the pictures, people! They're on Serebii.net..

Judgmental Arceus
04-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Okay, time to bring the Ah Beng method of mass quoting back to life.
- Better graphics
- More 3D
- More realistic towns
- “Evolution 3″
In order of opinion:

I think the amount of 3D animation in the Gen IV games is enough
Battle scene alteration might be cool
Vehicles?! Like cars?!! perrrrrrrrfeeeeecccccccct
Read above
Finally! No having to hunt for a Pokemart to get Pokeballs when I can take care of my pokemon and get pokeballs in the same place!!
Speech Bubbles = Stupid Idea
How were they not somewhat "realistic" beforehand? I stand corrected. Not a bad idea.
Blech. Evolution 4. Might as well allow pokemon to naturally grow to levels above 100.

Seconded.
If there will be a third evolution added to some pokemon, what about the pokemon that have no evolutions at all? It could be interesting to see how they would make it fit into the game.
Agreed. I think that having some pokemon from older series evolve might make then look cooler. I've wondered what an evolution of Skarmory and an evolution of Heracross would look like, though not essential.

I am hoping for a new light type and an Eeveelution of said type.
Please! No more Eeveelutions!! I think 7 eeveelutions is enough!! Also, as I have said before, please, no more types! It's just too much!! Though I am still waiting for the return of Poison's super-effectiveness over Bug-types.

Grassy_Aggron
04-11-2010, 02:13 AM

I don't think Aggron needs another evolution...It's epic already XD Although, Fearow deserves something more... :)

The car in the picture looks like an older model, and there seems to be a truck with cargo behind it. Still...Being able to drive a car would be awesome - although I wonder if "hit and runs" would still apply XD You can't just "bump" into someone in a car and not expect anything to happen.

Introduction of jails, and Officer Jenny? <3

I am definitely getting this game! The 3D is superb! I'm just hoping they're not showing the gameplay pictures through the Nintendo 3DS. It would certainly be a disappointment.

Agreed. I don't care about the DSi (loss of GBA slot = bad), so the 3DS is something I'd like to avoid. I still have a working DS and DS Lite, so I'm set.

As it is, Nintendo needs to learn that a fine balance between 2D and 3D exists...They might be going too 3D at this point. It might hurt my eyes >.<

Theory:

But, the battle system looks great. It looks like Zoroark is using Dark Pulse, although it's modified a little. That would explain why the HP bars aren't present in the picture, as they disappear when an attack is initiated. Evidentally, this whole "back side sprite" means either

1.) The sprite itself is smaller

or

2.) The screen is larger.

Since #2 is the most likely, this most likely means it won't be compatable with the DS, DS Lite, and perhaps the regular DSi, since their screens would simply be too small to support it without butchering the pixels. Due to the large amount of 3D, it also suggests the DSi XL, although the screen is large enough, won't be able to process it with the same results.

So, in my analysis...Pokemon Black and Pokemon White will be exclusively for the 3DS.

scubasteveE
04-11-2010, 02:20 AM
If you think Pong was a fail, just stop playing video games and take up another hobby.

Agreed.

Now that I've seen the screen shots, I want new pokemon:cool:

Kers
04-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I don't think Aggron needs another evolution...It's epic already XD Although, Fearow deserves something more... :)

The car in the picture looks like an older model, and there seems to be a truck with cargo behind it. Still...Being able to drive a car would be awesome - although I wonder if "hit and runs" would still apply XD You can't just "bump" into someone in a car and not expect anything to happen.

Introduction of jails, and Officer Jenny? <3

Agreed. I don't care about the DSi (loss of GBA slot = bad), so the 3DS is something I'd like to avoid. I still have a working DS and DS Lite, so I'm set.

As it is, Nintendo needs to learn that a fine balance between 2D and 3D exists...They might be going too 3D at this point. It might hurt my eyes >.<

Theory:

But, the battle system looks great. It looks like Zoroark is using Dark Pulse, although it's modified a little. That would explain why the HP bars aren't present in the picture, as they disappear when an attack is initiated. Evidentally, this whole "back side sprite" means either

1.) The sprite itself is smaller

or

2.) The screen is larger.

Since #2 is the most likely, this most likely means it won't be compatable with the DS, DS Lite, and perhaps the regular DSi, since their screens would simply be too small to support it without butchering the pixels. Due to the large amount of 3D, it also suggests the DSi XL, although the screen is large enough, won't be able to process it with the same results.

So, in my analysis...Pokemon Black and Pokemon White will be exclusively for the 3DS.

I don't think Zoroark is using Dark Pulse, I think he's coming out a Dusk Ball or something, like at the beggining of a battle, which could also explain why the HP bar isn't present.

Disco
04-11-2010, 02:39 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/a0jjtg.jpg

Either my dreams come true, or I'm not getting Black/White. Ever.

Also, here (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/04/pokemon-black-and-white/). I can't vouch for the accuracy in this article, but.

HERE'S TO ME HOPING THAT IT'S TRUE.

Judgmental Arceus
04-11-2010, 02:44 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/a0jjtg.jpg

Either my dreams come true, or I'm not getting Black/White. Ever.

Also, here (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/04/pokemon-black-and-white/). I can't vouch for the accuracy in this article, but.

HERE'S TO ME HOPING THAT IT'S TRUE.

All games with the generic DS logo work on DS Lite. If 3DS comes out and makes games exclusively designed for it, then the game logo should specify for 3DS, not general DS.

Grassy_Aggron
04-11-2010, 03:17 AM
All games with the generic DS logo work on DS Lite. If 3DS comes out and makes games exclusively designed for it, then the game logo should specify for 3DS, not general DS.

Ah, but so far no games have been designed exclusively for the 3DS (as far as I know), so it may not have the logo yet. Plus it doesn't help the 3DS isn't out yet.

Still, how are they going to fit those sprites on a smaller screen? They could make them smaller, but with screen sizes getting larger, I don't see why they would do that. As much as Nintendo likes making money, they also like quality...

I don't think Zoroark is using Dark Pulse, I think he's coming out a Dusk Ball or something, like at the beggining of a battle, which could also explain why the HP bar isn't present.

Forgot about that Poke Ball...So, it could be either, really. They could have changed how the attacks work - they usually do for each new generation.

Like, Twister in R/S/E just showed some leaves and rocks floating up, while there is an actual tornado-looking like attack in HG/SS.

Wonder how Twister will look like in B/W...*Please have actual tornado!* XD

Judgmental Arceus
04-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Ah, but so far no games have been designed exclusively for the 3DS (as far as I know), so it may not have the logo yet. Plus it doesn't help the 3DS isn't out yet.

Precisely my point. I mostly put that up for people who think games normally played on DSi won't work on DS Lite and the same for games played on the original DS.
Still, how are they going to fit those sprites on a smaller screen? They could make them smaller, but with screen sizes getting larger, I don't see why they would do that. As much as Nintendo likes making money, they also like quality...

Don't forget the quotation marks if you want the tag to work. :wink:
Forgot about that Poke Ball...So, it could be either, really. They could have changed how the attacks work - they usually do for each new generation.

Like, Twister in R/S/E just showed some leaves and rocks floating up, while there is an actual tornado-looking like attack in HG/SS.
Same in Platinum.
Wonder how Twister will look like in B/W...*Please have actual tornado!* XD
It most likely will be. Perhaps even more so.

Comments in bold.

Lost Soul
04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Agreed.

Now that I've seen the screen shots, I want new pokemon:cool:

i agree, while the screens look good, i'm more interested in the new pkmn, maybe 107 "new" pkmn to make an even 600, but they'll probably make the total something like 602, so they can add the "over 600 pkmn" spin to it

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Hopefully the Evolution 3 thing is a new way to evolve or something, rather than adding more evos. Otherwise it's just going overboard.

I think the 3DS is slated for release after the games would be released. But as far as marketing goes, it wouldn't surprise me if they make it one of the first 3DS games. It would definitely sell a bunch of units.

-Pichu Boy-
04-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Only problem I see with cars is that you start your Pokemon adventure at 10... :P

And as much as I hope it isn't exclusively for the 3DS, it seems like a VERY good business plan. Mind you, I could do with a new DS, and what better thing to do than to get the newest 'version'.

Dylan
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Looks like the Pokémon company is racist...They should make Pokémon middle eastern for me :D

scubasteveE
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Only problem I see with cars is that you start your Pokemon adventure at 10... :P

And as much as I hope it isn't exclusively for the 3DS, it seems like a VERY good business plan. Mind you, I could do with a new DS, and what better thing to do than to get the newest 'version'.
It said a vehicle that you can ride, not drive. :P

I'm not thinking it will not be on the 3DS, because the dates wouldn't match. The 3DS is being released before March 2011 and I don't think they realease it that early. Though BW could have some features that only work on the 3DS...

Charmander009
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
If it comes out on the 3DS, I'll cry. ;-; I'm not going to buy another hand-held system. I'm really happy with just the DSlite.

Disco
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
RIGHT ON. DS LITE FTW x 4365436364363465t435292!

... -cough-
All defense aside, it's simply because I'm very poor and can't afford another system. >:

-Pichu Boy-
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM

I'm not thinking it will not be on the 3DS, because the dates wouldn't match. The 3DS is being released before March 2011 and I don't think they realease it that early. Though BW could have some features that only work on the 3DS...

Cars/trucks have been in Pokemon before - remember the beginning to R/S/E?

Judgmental Arceus
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
If it comes out on the 3DS, I'll cry. ;-; I'm not going to buy another hand-held system. I'm really happy with just the DSlite.
My opinion in another's words ^^
Cars/trucks have been in Pokemon before - remember the beginning to R/S/E?
That just symbolizes that Brendan/May has moved from some unknown place. Sure it shows the fact that cars/trucks do exist in pokemon, but it doesn't mean that they are there for general transport.

Oh wait, now I'm going off on a tangent. :oops:

Additionally, I just checked Bulbapedia's article on Zoroark and it reveals no current information on there being a new type added to the chart. Serebii reveals no additional information so far either, so I would say don't expect much change in the type charts just yet.

Lord Fedora
04-11-2010, 07:43 PM

http://images.mmosite.com/news/2009/09/07/internetmeme/internet_meme_and_you04.jpg

Gary mother freaking Oak.

Disco
04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
You, sir, are filled of win.

Cyanide
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Fine, Pink. (But you get the idea. xD)

I probably won't be getting it, seeing as I don't have a DS and don't have any interest in buying a new one since I'm saving up for a PS3, but I'm pretty sure a friend or two will pick the game(s) up and I'll borrow it for quite some time. Hopefully this will live up to expectations.

Personally, I think a 'Pokemon: Pink Version' would sell really well, for some reason. xD

Black and White look awesome, I love how the buildings tower over you in the cities, and the new battle screens. It's hard to believe that the third game in the series could be any better than B&W.

Grassy_Aggron
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM

That is a good hole in the whole theory. After all, B/W are due to release in Fall of 2010 in Japan, which usually makes it Spring of 2011 for the U.S. That means the games will be out before the 3DS comes out.

Of course, Nintendo is prone to push - or hold back - games. Super Smash Brothers Brawl, anyone? -.-'

scubasteveE
04-12-2010, 02:19 AM
That is a good hole in the whole theory. After all, B/W are due to release in Fall of 2010 in Japan, which usually makes it Spring of 2011 for the U.S. That means the games will be out before the 3DS comes out.

Of course, Nintendo is prone to push - or hold back - games. Super Smash Brothers Brawl, anyone? -.-'
True but I can't remember a pokemon game being pushed back, even the spin offs. They usually have it hot and ready before the said release date.

Pokemon_Ron
04-12-2010, 02:22 AM
True but I can't remember a pokemon game being pushed back, even the spin offs. They usually have it hot and ready before the said release date.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm excited to see what they did with the new battle scene look.

Sonickid1234
04-12-2010, 02:27 AM
anyone one else think that the new transportation could be a subway system?
or maybe a bus. idk

Jack of Clovers
04-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Really? It doesn't look like she has a beard? XD
Now that you mention it... :oops:

- Better graphics
- More 3D
- More realistic towns
- “Evolution 3″

What I felt D/P lacked was more use from the stylus. I want to play the game by pointing more than pressing buttons. To play the game without needing to press buttons would be an impressive feat to accomplish.

Surprised to see screenshots so soon.

~Jack~

Lost Soul
04-12-2010, 04:19 AM
random thoughts popped into my head earlier today while i was BBQing:

if the pkmn list gets to 600+ they'll have to boost the pc storage capabilities past 20, or increase the capacity of each box

i think this is kind of extreme myself, and maybe its just because they're taking advantage of the new 3D engine, but the cities look kind of futuristic, and if (as people were discussing on the Zorua thread) celebi is tied in, what if it takes place in the (not so) distant future?? Say the main character is Dawn/Lucas' son/daughter, i know it's not likely, but it would be kind of cool

Judgmental Arceus
04-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I can already see these cropping up randomly:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/11/129155261432919427.jpg

Assaundrell Yumerai
04-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Another two new versions? like Diamond and Pearl?
It seems that the new generation goes back to ''colors''(^^)

Dylan
04-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Personally, I think that Black and White are going to have nothing to do with the 3DS. In fact, I didn't even know what the 3DS was until I read about black and white. Let's see...There are a couple things I don't like about this. Well first of all, I think the 3D is enough. Speech bubbles probably aren't really neccessary. Also, when Black and White come out, this could be a huge thing for spriters, making backsprites of Pokémon. Anyway, most people seem to have similar opinions, although graphics aren't that big of a deal, I don't want to see Black and White with even more 3D in Pokémon. I thought the fourth generation's 3D touches made it perfect, and from what the pictures of Black and White look like, I don't think we need that much realism. Anyway, about the Evolution three, if it does mean there could be a third evolution of a Pokémon, then I'm gonna be so pissed. What they need to do is make more evolutions of useless Pokémon. They seem to be making some Pokémon with only one evolution that turn out like crap. I mean, there are the good single evolution Pokémon, such as Lapras, which don't really need very much added to them, and then the bad ones, that are useless, like Farfetch'd. To be honest, I think the third generation had the most of these Pokémon. Well, if there's a third evolution, then the fifth generation is going to suck. They need to help out all our crappy useless Pokémon, not boost are overpowered Pokémon.

...I just came back from my grandparents' house to finish this, but I don't remember what I was gonna say. Let's just say that what was up there was my opinion, because I'm too lazy to re-read my own post?

Etymology
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Is this legit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfoh7ELxI6E

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Is this legit?

I'm not saying no, but it's really not likely. Even a leak of something this big wouldn't happen just yet.

Pokemon_Ron
04-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Is this legit?

I'm gonna say no. It looks like they just photoshopped a image of the one Pokemon Sunday dude holding up that one sign that showed Zorua/Zoroark. Also, it would have been shown on Serebii by now. Expect to see a ton of these..

Etymology
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm gonna say no. It looks like they just photoshopped a image of the one Pokemon Sunday dude holding up that one sign that showed Zorua/Zoroark. Also, it would have been shown on Serebii by now. Expect to see a ton of these..

Good point.

It also doesn't help that it has the Phantom Champion Z logo at the bottom. *Facepalm*

CM
04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I know I'm late in the game when it comes to joining the chat about Pokemon Black and White, but I hope y'all don't mind me joining.

From what I've seen so far, I like a lot about the game. I think the 3D over world will have to be something to get used to, but otherwise this looks like a great game. I would love so see what the starters are, and also if they are going to add any more evolutions for Eevee.
Crystal

Lord Fedora
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm desperately fighting the urge to make a clone Youtube account and going into a comment war with myself over the realess of that starter video, just for the lulz.

CM
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I really haven't seen the YouTube vids about the new starters, but I don't think they'll be officially released until the game is about to be released.
Crystal

Ridley
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Well, they better have a pure flying type this time around.

sheepskinfuton
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Meh, it just doesn't look as appealing to me. The overworld sprites and stuff don't even look like Pokemon sprites to me anymore, they look like some weird cheap knockoff.

I am, however, excited about some of the new features, I guess.

CM
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
In a way the new overworld look reminds me of Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon Gale of Darkness. Like I said before, it'll just have to be something to get used to. But I'll have to be one of the few to wait for the games to be released in English since I cannot read Japanese to save my life.
Crystal

Grassy_Aggron
04-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I hope you can have your pokemon follow you around, although this time with the ability to return them at will :/

You know though, that grass fakemon starter looks pretty good for a shadow. A deer starter - that's actually a good idea! ^^

And, uh...I came up with a viable Light/Dragon type psuedo-legendary. It actually looks like it uses light. So, it shows that it is possible, even if unlikely.

CM
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I think it would be cool to be able to choose one of your Pokemon followed you. (I have not played HG or SS yet)

Having a deer-like Pokemon for a starter would be cute. I'm interested on which animals they'll base the starters off of this time around.

What's the Pokemon you found, Grassy_Aggron? Is it a possibility for one of the new legendaries for the fifth generation? Sorry if that sounded dumb, by the way.
Crystal

Grassy_Aggron
04-13-2010, 01:09 AM
I invented the pseudo-legendary, Crystal ^^

Lighgon ---> Illuminake ---> Celestiant

Light/Dragon types! I'm proud of the wing style I tried on them, although I can't show you until I figure out our scanner...>.<' Still, it proves a Light type could be made to resemble a Light type :/

CM
04-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Gomen (sorry). I guess I'm still a little sick for not realizing that. That and I think I mis-read your post. ^^'
Crystal

scubasteveE
04-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Clearer screen shots of the new games have been released, you can go view them at serebii.net or pokebeach.com.

The picture now that I most interested in, is the cave. The rocks look like they are electrified. Hmmm.....

EDIT: I just notice this look at the cave:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/pokemon-black-white-cave.jpg
See those smaller rocks? Originally, I thought they were strength rocks, but look closer, they're floating! So what I'm guessing there might be an HM that makes them rise by electrifying the rocks.

Jamezi
04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Imo, i think that they have tried too hard to make the 3D look, and failed with the actual graphics. I like the idea's said earlier on such as Transportation and the City Style kinda game, but it has gone a looong, long way from the original pokemon stories..

And i agree that they should stop making Pre-Evolutions and start making more Evolutions for the weak pokemon that need them >.>

Charmander009
04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
What? The rocks are floating? 0_0 Why are they floating? What's going on! *senses epicness*

-Pichu Boy-
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think it's a move, but rather the rocks are meant to be like that, like the whole cave is electrified for some reason. That makes me think that it'd be a prime place to find Nosepass/Probopass.

Lord Fedora
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't think it's a move, but rather the rocks are meant to be like that, like the whole cave is electrified for some reason. That makes me think that it'd be a prime place to find Nosepass/Probopass.
And potentially some new cave dwelling Electric types perchance? Plus your bog standard cave Pokemon, like Geodude and *shudders* Golbat.

Eternal Moonlight
04-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Late comment FTW?

Anyway, I really actually enjoy the overworld, altough it will take a little getting used to ^^`

From what I can see, the assumed main characters look really cool, nice hat girl! Now, what will the rival look like, as it`s almost 100% sure there will be one? Altough, they arn`t showing the following Pokémon, which I wouldn`t like to see completely scrapped in the new games.

As for the names, well, at first, I didn`t like them one bit. However, after seeing them pop up a few times, I gotta say they`ve grown on me. Nice and simple!

Nice floating rocks. Maybe it has something to do with a legendary?

Mew, Meow, Nya

scubasteveE
04-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Well I would agree with you, but if you drop the rocks down where they are, they would be blocking your path. I'm pretty convinced it's a new hm move.....or a old move made into a hm move. Magnet Rise says hello.

Judgmental Arceus
04-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Clearer screen shots of the new games have been released, you can go view them at serebii.net or pokebeach.com.

The picture now that I most interested in, is the cave. The rocks look like they are electrified. Hmmm.....

EDIT: I just notice this look at the cave:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/pokemon-black-white-cave.jpg
See those smaller rocks? Originally, I thought they were strength rocks, but look closer, they're floating! So what I'm guessing there might be an HM that makes them rise by electrifying the rocks.

It's probably only magnet rise or something. I suppose they could be Rock Smash or floating Strength rocks. I'm sure more information will come about at some point. point. There is the possibility that this is the Generation 5 equivalent of Mt. Coronet in Sinnoh so that Nosepass can evolve into Probopass and Magneton into Magnezone. This could also be the place where some electric-types dwell along with Geodude and Rock-types, Steel-types, and Zubat/Golbat are.

Charmander009
04-16-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the cave itself, not necessarily a move or ability. Say, I wonder if Abilities might get more on-the-field uses.

Goll, I hope the starters come out really soon. : / I really want to know what they're gonna do.

Judgmental Arceus
04-16-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the cave itself, not necessarily a move or ability. Say, I wonder if Abilities might get more on-the-field uses.

Goll, I hope the starters come out really soon. : / I really want to know what they're gonna do.

Probably the same as the others: Be a grass, fire, and water type and learn frenzy plant, blast burn, and hydro cannon respectively when max happiness is reached. They will most likely be part of a 3 stage evolution and know an assortment of moves of their own type. There is the very likelihood that at least one of the final evos will have a secondary type, if not 2.

Lord Fedora
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Probably the same as the others: Be a grass, fire, and water type and learn frenzy plant, blast burn, and hydro cannon respectively when max happiness is reached. They will most likely be part of a 3 stage evolution and know an assortment of moves of their own type. There is the very likelihood that at least one of the final evos will have a secondary type, if not 2.
You forgot that their abilities will be Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent, respectively.

Charmander009
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
LoL, I"m expecting all that, but I'm just curious to see what they look like. ^^
(And that the Fire is hopefully not half fighting again...)

Young Blaziken
04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
LoL, I"m expecting all that, but I'm just curious to see what they look like. ^^
(And that the Fire is hopefully not half fighting again...)

Yep yep, gonna be exciting to see the starters for sure! I'm also curious about who the mascots for the game boxes are. They're legendaries most of the time, and I'm interested to see how they've incorporated them into the evergrowing Pokemon Legends. Not much room left for any god-like characters anymore =P

Ayotui
04-16-2010, 05:41 PM
i wonder if the game at some point will be in black and white. that could be fun i think.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM
i wonder if the game at some point will be in black and white. that could be fun i think.

Agreed, that would be interesting. I would love to see the new grass starters. I loved them all until Torterra came out....I really want to see what they do with them.

-Pichu Boy-
04-16-2010, 06:03 PM

Or maybe one part will go completely retro and go back to the styling of R/B/Y. :o That'd definitely be interesting, so long as they give a good explanation for it.

Judgmental Arceus
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
You forgot that their abilities will be Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent, respectively.

Or did I? Yeah I did *facepalm*

Or maybe one part will go completely retro and go back to the styling of R/B/Y. :o That'd definitely be interesting, so long as they give a good explanation for it.
Probably they might have a museam or hall of fame that reference directly to previous Generations, in which the area could be styled like the Generation 1 games, but a Pokemon trainer can dream.

Interestingly enough, there have been all sorts of industry in the Pokemon games (factories, mines, caves and mountains, etc.), yet there have been no references to stuff like carnivals or perhaps a rail-based system.

-Pichu Boy-
04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
or perhaps a rail-based system.

The magnet train in G/S/C. :3

And I meant a full blown part of the storyline where it is completely R/B/Y. Maybe it could just be as an extra after the Elite 4's been beaten or something, but it'd be nice to have it.

Judgmental Arceus
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
The magnet train in G/S/C. :3

And I meant a full blown part of the storyline where it is completely R/B/Y. Maybe it could just be as an extra after the Elite 4's been beaten or something, but it'd be nice to have it.

Of course you would mention that to a person with no Generation 2 experience. :tongue:
I suppose they can put in a game store which can be accessed after defeating the Elite Four which holds demos of the games of the First Generation as a secondary thought
In relation to what you're talking about, perhaps the game can fit Mewtwo into the storyline somehow.

JentleViolence
04-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Ooooh, I hope the new starters get mixed in with a second type like the Sinnoh starters. ^^

And I had this ridiculous thought that besides Shiny Pokemon, a new type of rare effect could be found with the Pokemon. =D They were Nightmare Pokemon and their health/experience bar was all black and stuff...right now it sounds like something from Crater but in my imagination it looked awesome.

Vanity
04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Ooooh, I hope the new starters get mixed in with a second type like the Sinnoh starters. ^^

And I had this ridiculous thought that besides Shiny Pokemon, a new type of rare effect could be found with the Pokemon. =D They were Nightmare Pokemon and their health/experience bar was all black and stuff...right now it sounds like something from Crater but in my imagination it looked awesome.

I wanna see the starters have the Dark/Fighting/Psychic types.

I also want all the menus to be customizable, as in the talking box thing, the start menu, the Pokemon health bar thing, the move choosing screen, the pokemon team thing. It would all be cool, along with your character being customizable.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Dark/Fighting/Psychic doesn't work, because Dark isn't just super effective against Psychic, it's immune to it.

I hope they keep Fire/Grass/Water. Dark and Psychic types should be too powerful for beginning trainers anyway. xD

animated_monkey
04-17-2010, 02:27 AM
how racist can nintensdo get!?!?!?

the third one is gonna be somethings extremely racist, like indian or sumtin. :cool:

Vanity
04-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Dark/Fighting/Psychic doesn't work, because Dark isn't just super effective against Psychic, it's immune to it.

I hope they keep Fire/Grass/Water. Dark and Psychic types should be too powerful for beginning trainers anyway. xD

It is both immune and super effective to psychic types.

Judgmental Arceus
04-17-2010, 03:15 AM
It is both immune and super effective to psychic types.

If you mean the Dark-type, she said that.

Vanity
04-17-2010, 03:25 AM
If you mean the Dark-type, she said that.

Yeah, I realized after that I had saw it wrong originally.

scubasteveE
04-17-2010, 05:55 AM

In R/S/E, you can catch ralts and poochyena before the first gym. :o

The fact that dark is immune to psychic does not stop me thinking that they could be the starters.

I had a thought that I would think would be really interesting. They said that BW was the "rebirth" of the pokemon games, what if this region had none of the old pokemon in it, but 151 new pokemon in it. Now after you beat the E4, you can obtain the old pokemon. I can see people really hating this idea, but if they want a fresh start, then it's possible.

Vanity
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM

The fact that dark is immune to psychic does not stop me thinking that they could be the starters.

I had a thought that I would think would be really interesting. They said that BW was the "rebirth" of the pokemon games, what if this region had none of the old pokemon in it, but 151 new pokemon in it. Now after you beat the E4, you can obtain the old pokemon. I can see people really hating this idea, but if they want a fresh start, then it's possible.

That sounds good! I love that idea, I mean, it would make the game more original yet new.

Judgmental Arceus
04-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Perhaps they might come up with something random for a trio, like Fire/Rock/Steel.

Not a bad idea for a new storyline; however, wouldn't that mean that 1/3 of the pokemon would be legendary due to the exponential increase since the 1st gen, or would that mean there would be a legendary trio and two filler legendaries, just like the 1st gen?

In other related Black and White crap: Ash and Pikachu being replaced? (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/16/pokemon-dumps-ash-ketchum-and-pikachu-pokemon-black-white/) A friend on facebook already said that the story was rebuked by Serebii, so feel free to put in your imput.

scubasteveE
04-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Perhaps they might come up with something random for a trio, like Fire/Rock/Steel.

Not a bad idea for a new storyline; however, wouldn't that mean that 1/3 of the pokemon would be legendary due to the exponential increase since the 1st gen, or would that mean there would be a legendary trio and two filler legendaries, just like the 1st gen?

In other related Black and White crap: Ash and Pikachu being replaced? (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/16/pokemon-dumps-ash-ketchum-and-pikachu-pokemon-black-white/) A friend on facebook already said that the story was rebuked by Serebii, so feel free to put in your imput.
Or Rock/Flying/Fighting :o

I think it would be the same as the the first gen, trio+2. This just occurred to me. I think the reason why I think the creators made so many legendaries is because little kids really like them. I asked my two nephews(both are under the age of ten) what are there 5 favorite pokemon of all time. Out of the ten, there were only 3 non legendary pokemon.

Here's a better link to that article: link (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/16/pokemon-black-white/) The first link didn't take you directly to the article.
I can say that will not happen, I'm 100% sure. Even though it goes along with this whole "rebirth", I'm just not seeing it happening.

Calypso
04-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Yeah, the articles false. I don't see why they're making a big deal out of it being rebranned anyway, considering the name was changed way back in Hoenn to Advanced Generation and then Diamond and Pearl in Sinnoh. In fact, it's not being called just "Pokemon," on its own, since the original saga, and Ash and Pikachu have stayed for every generation regardless. They're basically making a mountain out of a molehill, and like Serebii mentioned, totally twisting what was originally said.

miyoun
04-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry I read in earlier posts in this thread that people were like HURR GREEN WAS RED BLUE IS THE THIRD LOL.

I read an article about it. Green is in no way Red. The sprites were different too. Green, Red. Green was so bad that they released "Blue" which was Red but in blue hurrrrr. But if I read correctly, America released Blue first, and it was Limited Edition in Japan for a short time.

>:C

/intopic
Black and White are awesome names for the games. But I'm not too happy about all the features reported in the game already.

diamond4evr421
04-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I hope for the legendaries they don't make so many events, like in D/P/pt. It would be ok if there was one, but not three (four if you count manaphy). I wish you could catch all the pokemon in the two games and not have to go outside the game to get a pokemon like arceus or darkrai

crystal_wolf
04-18-2010, 08:46 PM
IMO? Grey. It makes perfect sense; Grey is in the middle of the color spectrum between Black and White. Plus, Pokemon Grey is also copyrighted by Game Freak. (nodnod)

Just an opinion, though. cx

Also, Zoroark looks like something that came out of Keitai Denjuu Telefang (Diamond/Jade). IMO. XD The first time I saw it, I was reminded of the starter in "Diamond", Crypto.

..::Wolfie::..

Grassy_Aggron
04-19-2010, 02:03 AM
I can only think of one other viable Legendary...

Arceus is the "Creator", the one who created life...

So it stands to reason there will also be a "Destroyer", the one who will take life.

Kinda dark...But, well, it's true :/

Charmander009
04-19-2010, 03:59 AM
I like the theory someone had earlier about Yin and Yang legendaries. That'd be pretty cool, I think. ^^

But a dark turn like that would be pretty cool as well, Grassy. >:3

Eternal Moonlight
04-19-2010, 04:10 AM
I like the theory someone had earlier about Yin and Yang legendaries. That'd be pretty cool, I think. ^^

But a dark turn like that would be pretty cool as well, Grassy. >:3

Agreed, those would make for interesting legends!

Following up on Grassy`s idea, maybe the "destroyer" could be unsettling the peace of the region, thus awakening the Yin/Yang leggies. Just a thought ^^`

Mew, Meow, Nya

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Have you guys seen the screenshots of the video from Pokemon Sunday yet? It shows you what the 3D style will be like in the city when you're walking.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday1.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday2.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday3.jpg

Seems like the background spins around as you walk. I wonder how the controls will work since you can only move in 4 directions. xD Hopefully it's not too confusing. It also doesn't look like the character's in the middle of the screen? I wonder if there will be other areas like that or if it's just a special thing in this city. Most of the other screenshots seemed more like what we're used to.

Master Aqua
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
dose anyone know if this new game is for the dsi/lite/O or is it going to be for the 3ds?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
dose anyone know if this new game is for the dsi/lite/O or is it going to be for the 3ds?

The game is releasing this fall in Japan on DS, and predictably in spring 2011 worldwide.

I'm glad it's not on 3DS, as it won't be a rushed launch title with the 3DS releasing this October.

Hax0rus
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM

they said on serebii that its going to be on the dsi and ds lite.

Judgmental Arceus
04-29-2010, 02:38 AM
they said on serebii that its going to be on the dsi and ds lite.

It should ve on the original DS as well as the DS franchise is based on the Nintendo DS as a series, not as individual units.

LDEJRuff
04-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Hmmm... I wonder what kind of new evolutions for previous-Generation Pokemon would be introduced in Black and White? Maybe an alternate evolved form for Machop?

And what of the Grass starter for Black and White? Should it be a Flying type, too?

Just asking...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
I hope they kinda keep away from too many new evolutions. Wouldn't you rather see brand new Pokemon instead?

Hmm Grass/Flying's not a bad idea. I'd like to see something different though since we already have a few of those. I'd be happy with a plain Grass type too. ^^

Iridium
04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I hope they kinda keep away from too many new evolutions. Wouldn't you rather see brand new Pokemon instead?

Hmm Grass/Flying's not a bad idea. I'd like to see something different though since we already have a few of those. I'd be happy with a plain Grass type too. ^^

We already have Grass/Flying Pokemon, Jumpluff, Tropius and Shaymin-Sky. Unless you meant more of them xD

MaraShylaStewart
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
thanks lord for starting on that topic ....

Pokemon_Ron
04-29-2010, 03:47 PM
The new city look has me pretty excited so far.

Arch Enemy
04-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Have you guys seen the screenshots of the video from Pokemon Sunday yet? It shows you what the 3D style will be like in the city when you're walking.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday1.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday2.jpg
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/sunday3.jpg

Seems like the background spins around as you walk. I wonder how the controls will work since you can only move in 4 directions. xD Hopefully it's not too confusing. It also doesn't look like the character's in the middle of the screen? I wonder if there will be other areas like that or if it's just a special thing in this city. Most of the other screenshots seemed more like what we're used to.

The camera's too far away from the player, that doesn't look good ;_; It would actually be better if they include the zoom-in/out and camera rotating feature :D

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Who knows, that could still be an option. I guess its's so far out cos they want to show off the city. I think the billboards are cute =)

Hmm in the last pic does it look like there are Pikachu and Piplup balloons on the billboard? Possible new travel method? xD

scubasteveE
04-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Who knows, that could still be an option. I guess its's so far out cos they want to show off the city. I think the billboards are cute =)

Hmm in the last pic does it look like there are Pikachu and Piplup balloons on the billboard? Possible new travel method? xD
There's another pokemon there too, but I can't make it out. It looks like chikorita, but I can't tell :(

Charmander009
04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Could be a completely new species!!! :D

Anyway, anyone check out Serebii today? Apparently, new info's suppose to be released (kind of) on May 9th. Hopefully, they won't just show us another silloutte.

But I got thinking, what with the name and all, do you think that Darkrai and Cresselia were originally intended to be in this new generation? Considering thier natures and the titles of these games? Also, do you think they'll change the English (ha ha almost typed ingles) titles to something like Ebony and Ivory? Just a thought, but I think it would be cool if they did. ^^

kingofboos23432
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Could be a completely new species!!! :D

Anyway, anyone check out Serebii today? Apparently, new info's suppose to be released (kind of) on May 9th. Hopefully, they won't just show us another silloutte.

But I got thinking, what with the name and all, do you think that Darkrai and Cresselia were originally intended to be in this new generation? Considering thier natures and the titles of these games? Also, do you think they'll change the English (ha ha almost typed ingles) titles to something like Ebony and Ivory? Just a thought, but I think it would be cool if they did. ^^

That's a really good though and that doess seem like they might of orginally have been for that. And Ebony and Ivory sounds soooooo much better than just Black and White. What happened to calling the games after jems? :(

Judgmental Arceus
05-01-2010, 02:43 AM

Hopefully they get innovative, like say Grass/Ghost or Grass/Electric, but nothing that doesn't sound stupid or completely random, like Grass/Steel.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Also, do you think they'll change the English (ha ha almost typed ingles) titles to something like Ebony and Ivory? Just a thought, but I think it would be cool if they did. ^^
I think this is definitely a possiblity only because I can see certain countries making a big deal of the black/white thing and relating it to racism somewhow. Especially since Pokemon's had problems with that in the past.

That's a really good though and that doess seem like they might of orginally have been for that. And Ebony and Ivory sounds soooooo much better than just Black and White. What happened to calling the games after jems? :(
Well RBY and GS weren't named after gems. We had the colour then metal generations, and then for some reason we stuck with gems for two generations. xD I think it's a good thing that they're moving on again (or going back...).

-Smoo-
05-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not expecting too much here, although I have already started saving for a 3DS :oops: But it looks to be a launch game though so I'll probably be purchasing it along with the inevitable Mario title... depending on how much it is of course.

Mr420
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
^3d..? does anyone remember the Virtual 3d that nintendo came out with in the 90's.. lame.

but Im sure its been said , But I 4 one look 4werd to the new Gen. I hope they add more TYPEs, I think it would vastly add the fun factor when it comes to WiFi battling, planning out a whole team around a new unknown..

Grassy_Aggron
05-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Hopefully they get innovative, like say Grass/Ghost or Grass/Electric, but nothing that doesn't sound stupid or completely random, like Grass/Steel.

:sad: <---Aggranium

Great. You just made my mascot sad :(

Erhem. I'm holding out for a Fire/Electric type. I came up with two Pokemon of that type...So it's plausible.

And, I believe that we may get the counterpart to Zoroark on May 9th. After all...Zoroark seems to represent Black, so what about White? ;)

Sheepat
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Erhem. I'm holding out for a Fire/Electric type. I came up with two Pokemon of that type...So it's plausible.

And, I believe that we may get the counterpart to Zoroark on May 9th. After all...Zoroark seems to represent Black, so what about White? ;)
No. I don't think Zoroark is gonna be the mascot. He seems more like Lucario to me.

Shozuka
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Hmm, hopefully it is a new Pokemon to be revealed next Sunday.

I kind of like the new 3D look. It looks more realistic. :3

Etymology
05-02-2010, 11:04 PM
No. I don't think Zoroark is gonna be the mascot. He seems more like Lucario to me.

She didn't say Zoroark would be the mascot. Grassy meant that Zoroark would have a counterpart on the White version. You know, like Solrock is the Ruby counterpart to Lunatone, which is available on Sapphire?

Grassy_Aggron
05-03-2010, 12:34 AM
She didn't say Zoroark would be the mascot. Grassy meant that Zoroark would have a counterpart on the White version. You know, like Solrock is the Ruby counterpart to Lunatone, which is available on Sapphire?

Exactly! Like Solrock and Lunatone, Plusle and Minun, Illumise and Volbeat! ^^

Yes, it is Lucario-esque...But it could be another pokemon, just like how you have other one-evolution Pokemon (like Croagunk, for example). It might not necessarily be a "Generation 5 Lucario".

Heh, wonder if Zoroark will be in the next Smash Brothers...XD

CrazyTrainer
05-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Exactly! Like Solrock and Lunatone, Plusle and Minun, Illumise and Volbeat! ^^

Yes, it is Lucario-esque...But it could be another pokemon, just like how you have other one-evolution Pokemon (like Croagunk, for example). It might not necessarily be a "Generation 5 Lucario".

Heh, wonder if Zoroark will be in the next Smash Brothers...XD

Haha is there going to be another smash bros guys.

Judgmental Arceus
05-03-2010, 01:41 AM

I will scream if the counterpart is a Light-type :susp:
And the reason I don't want Grass/Steel is because there is already one Grass-type doubly weak to Fire-type moves. Is a second one necessary?

Grassy_Aggron
05-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Like I said, I developed a Light type...So it's definitely possible.

Heh, my mascot is just Aggranium - Aggron and Meganium - so don't worry. Even the worst weaknesses can be taken advantage of for positive use, you know :)

Kers
05-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Like I said, I developed a Light type...So it's definitely possible.

Heh, my mascot is just Aggranium - Aggron and Meganium - so don't worry. Even the worst weaknesses can be taken advantage of for positive use, you know :)

Fire against Steel/Grass = Rape.

Pokemon_Ron
05-03-2010, 04:40 AM
So on the next Pokemon Sunday, a new Pokemon is supposed to be shown? Can't waitt.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Grass/Steel seems like a fairly odd combo. Grass/Electric would be interesting.

So on the next Pokemon Sunday, a new Pokemon is supposed to be shown? Can't waitt.
I don't think it's confirmed, but we can hope. =)

Grassy_Aggron
05-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Fire against Steel/Grass = Rape.

Ah...But Endure + Berry combo, or an ability that will take advantage of the damage...Never underestimate things. After all, Water/Rock types are terrible against Grass types, yet no one complains ;)

And no, it hasn't been completely confirmed...But we'll know next week ^^

Mark975
05-05-2010, 06:30 AM
New ‘Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark’ Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jnd5eyLqI&feature=player_embedded

Short Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cfwpi_nyU

Extended version

Yesterday, TV Tokyo aired a new The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark trailer, which Filb.de has posted on their website. As expected, it looks like the CoroCoro manga version PokéBeach posted last night will follow the movie to a T since some of the scenes are exactly the same as the booklet's. The trailer is also posted on the official Pokemon movie website: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

Thanks to PokéBeach and Filb.de, also HUGE spoilers from the CoroCoro Pokémon Manga here: http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/part-one-of-movie-13-plot-in-corocoro

Judgmental Arceus
05-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Grass/Steel seems like a fairly odd combo. Grass/Electric would be interesting.

I don't think it's confirmed, but we can hope. =)

pfft. Fire/Electric combo ftw.
I have doubts about it, but how slim is the chance than this new pokemon is a starter?

Charmander009
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Come on, guys! We all know that Dragon/Electric is the winning combo ;)

I'm not sure that it will be a starter. Wasn't Buizel released before the Gen 4 games? =o

Thanks to PokéBeach and Filb.de, also HUGE spoilers from the CoroCoro Pokémon Manga here: http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/part-one-of-movie-13-plot-in-corocoro

I posted this in the right thread in the right board and got totally ignored. : /

"But as it turns out... the Zoroark is a female. o0"

scubasteveE
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Serebii is reporting now that this month's coro coro magazine and the May 16th pokemon sunday episode will be revealing the starter pokemon. So I'm guessing this week will be the silhouettes? But anyway, this is sweet!:cool:

iSugar
05-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Yayayayayayay!

I hope the fire starter is fire/Psychic. It probably won't.

Judgmental Arceus
05-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Yayayayayayay!

I hope the fire starter is fire/Psychic. It probably won't.

Makes sense, both the water and grass types have had a pokemon that's part psychic.
I'm wondering when they are going to bring out a Fire/Grass pokemon.

Charmander009
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
ONE HOUR!!! ONE MORE HOUR!!! LoL, I'm rather exctided. xD

I'm hoping for a lion-like critter that's fire-type. :3

Vanity
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting
Grass/Dark

That could possibly be a good line up for starters. It would make it interesting. I would also fall in love with the Grass starter as much as I have with Venusaur and Torterra if it was like this.

Kers
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting - Poliwrath
Grass/Dark - Shiftry

That could possibly be a good line up for starters. It would make it interesting. I would also fall in love with the Grass starter as much as I have with Venusaur and Torterra if it was like this.

Fire/Psychic sounds nice.

Taylor
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoteEpzKnkM

Excellent.

Etymology
05-08-2010, 11:54 PM

Excellent.

Those aren't the new starters.

The video was posted long prior this date, and also in another vid with the same starters, the Phantom Chamipon Z logo was on the board.

Charmander009
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Here we go, as posted on Poke Beach:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/pokemon-black-white-starter-pokemon-silhouettes.jpg

Looks like a pig, a beaver, and a lizard. Hmm, I'm guessing that the lizard is the grass type.

Of course, they had to be evil and just show the sillouetts. >.>'

Professor Geoffrey
05-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Excellent.

Those are fake.

These (http://pokebeach.com/) are real.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-09-2010, 12:03 AM

http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/pokemon-black-white-starter-pokemon-silhouettes.jpg

Looks like a pig, a beaver, and a lizard. Hmm, I'm guessing that the lizard is the grass type.

I'm waiting for the full images and types to be revealed before I take any stance.

Flan
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Those are fake.

These (http://pokebeach.com/) are real.

I'd rather have the fake ones than the real ones. :<
Of course, I can't make any judgments about design yet, considering I haven't even seen the entire Pokemon. It's still somewhat exciting, though, regardless of the fact that I don't like how the silhouettes look.

iSugar
05-09-2010, 12:30 AM
OH YESSSSSS!

I like the top one. It looks like a bunny. XD

diamond4evr421
05-09-2010, 12:34 AM

To me it looks like a bunny (top) a beaver (right) , and I can't tell what the left one is. Even though it's always been a fire/ water/ grass, I wouldn't mind them changing it up to something else.

F.D.
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM

I think the one of the left will be a lizard, as I feel it resembles Charmander.
I think the middle one will be a pig, as it has a tail similar to Spoink.
I think the one of the right will be a beaver, due to the beaver looking tail.

Left - Fire
Center - Grass
Right - Water

~ Nick .

CrazyTrainer
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM

Aww you got to be kidding. The grass one the lizard dang man I'm mad. This can't be the fire type is going to be wimpy and the grass type will pawn. Thats madness :sad:

The pokemaster
05-09-2010, 01:23 AM
They all look pretty good, regardless of what type they are :D